• Published 26th May 2014
  • 5,427 Views, 144 Comments

The Vacation - Hope Caster



When Spike is called to Canterlot on official business and the CMC are brought on a school field trip, an attempt to get their cutie marks quickly goes wrong. While Apple Bloom and Scootaloo are punished, Spike is tasked with watching Sweetie Belle

  • ...
4
 144
 5,427

Day 4 (Dinky's Day)

It was only the start of the fourth day of the school fieldtrip and already it had become the loudest. “He said yes!” Twist proclaimed, dancing around excitedly. Foals gave the filly room as she jumped in the air and spun around, landing next to her crush. “See this colt?” She proclaimed, pointing to Truffle, who in turn waved to the crowd in the lobby, “He said yes to go to a dance with me! In your face Diamond Tiara!” Twist began to giggle uncontrollably as she trapped Truffle in a tight hug.

Dinky smiled as she watched her friend. She wished she could be excited about asking a colt to a dance, but the goal seemed unreachable at this point. Two nights ago, Pip became unresponsive to anything but Cheerilee’s orders. Anything anypony else said to him seemed to go in one ear and out the other.

But as unattainable as the goal seemed, it would not stop Dinky from trying. She just needed a place to start. “Hey, Rumble good buddy,” She said as she tapped on the colt’s shoulder. “Have you seen Pip?”

“No, I haven’t.” He said, nervously looking around the lobby. “He left late last night saying that he knew what he had to do and hasn’t been around since!”

Dinky felt a pure rage begin to build. Rumble had let the world's most devastated colt out into the streets unsupervised. The worst case scenario was that he’s dead in an ally after jumping off a building the best case sceneario was that he was in an alleyway crying his heart out. She was going to murder Rumble… until the door to the lobby opened.

“I’m right here,” Everypony turned around to find Pip entering the hotel. It was like seeing a different pony for the first time. He was wearing thick dark sunglasses, a dark grey shirt and a jet-black over coat. His collar as popped up and he combed his mane downward so that it partially covered his glass’s left lens.

It took Rumble a moment to see what was happening, no, had happened. “I feared this day would come.”

“What day?” Dinky asked, her rage subsiding.

“The day one of my friends went emo. Look, Dinky, I know you like Pip and all-”

“What makes you say that?” Dinky laughed. “I don’t like Pip! I mean, he’s just like, he’s Pip!”

“Hearts and Hooves day last year, you were really not subtle when you gave him your card.”

“What do you mean ‘not subtle’?”

“You screamed ‘I love you’ at the top of your lungs. Most of the class knows you like him, except Pip himself... and Cheerilee is talking to Pip, that’s going to end badly.”

“Pip, what’s going on?” Cheerilee asked.

“I’m simply following my path in life,” Pip answered. “You see, I’ve come to realize that the only true path to walk is the path of darkness. How fulfilled are we, Ms. Cheerilee? Do you think we actually care about what you teach us when you know that it will all be for not once we have obtained our Cutie Marks? Tell me, is this where you thought you’d be when you were our age? We act like we have friendship and love, but do we? Just look, you and me, we have nopony. Nopony to love us, to hug us, to be there when you have a creepy nightmare. Ponies like you and I have no pony but ourselves. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to join my friends.” Pip flipped his hair and left to talk with Button Mash and Rumble. Pip flipped his hair and walked over to Button Mash. “Hello, Button. Do your days still carry the illusion that there is some fantasy light to looks towards in this world?”

“I guess… is this cosplay? Cause if so, you are pulling it off flawlessly.”

“It is not cosplay, my naïve friend. I have merely realized that all the illusions we build, all the walls we paint, it will all come crashing down on us. You smile now in hope that somepony might care for you, but in the end, no pony will. Think about it, we’re born, live life as we fulfil some tramp stamp’s orders and in the end, die the way we were born, alone.”

“Wow, Emo Pip sucks,” Dinky said, thinking of plan to help the colt out. “Okay, his hearts been shattered, right Rumble?” She received a nod. “Great, I’ll swoop in like a vulture, tell him he’s loved and then we live happily ever after. Break!” Dinky tried to approach Pip, but was stopped by Rumble.

“Dinky, that is the worst plan I have ever heard. Pip does not need a savoir sent from heaven in his time of need. My brother says that if you ever comfort a mare, make sure you have a group of friends with you, otherwise they you’re just their rebound date.”

“And that’s a bad thing because?” Dinky did a circular motion with her hoof, asking Rumble to continue.

Rumble held his breath, before continuing. “Well, I don’t know exactly why, it’s just that Thunderlane constantly tells me that rebound couples hardly ever workout. I guess he just needs some support? I don’t know. But, I know one thing, Thunderlane would tell me that Pip does not need you, he needs friends.”

"I'm his friend!"

"Yeah, and I need you to stay like that. So Dinky, do not try anything, okay?”

“I guess,” Dinky huffed. “But, let’s say I-”

“No,” Rumble responded.

“But what if-”

“No.”

“But-”

“No, Dinky.”

“Ugh! Fine!” Dinky groaned. “I wouldn’t know how to win him over anyway…." She admitted. "So what do we do?”

“Well, if living in Ponyville has taught me anything, it’s that most of our problems can usually be solved like an animated show whose main theme revolved around friendship. So, we just need to show him he has friends!” Rumble declared.

“Wow, you must have been up all night, because that in no way sounds like the start of a poorly thought and executed plan. Please continue,” Dinky smiled.

“Good to know you agree. I think we should get Pip a small gift that lets him know we’re there for him. That will solve this problem. You wouldn’t happen to have a toy related to Doctor Hooves, would you? He loves that show.”

“Are you kidding me!? I hate everything about Doctor Hooves!” Dinky moaned.

“It’s ok, you don’t have to like it. Just take Twist and find a hobby shop of some kind. Hobby shop owners are usually nerds, right? Just ask about… I don’t know… a Sonic Screwdriver. Buy one, gift wrap it and then give it to Pip. Got it?”

“I don’t think a hobby shop owner is as good as the one stallion I probably need to apologize too,” she sighed. “Also, I’m pretty sure Twist isn’t going to help, she looks like she’s too busy hugging Truffle.”

“It does not matter if you bring Twist; just go get the screwdriver from somewhere while Button and I make sure Pip doesn’t go full emo. Good luck Dinky!” Rumble said as he ran to join Pip, Button Mash, and the rest of the class.

“Doctor Hooves, of course Pip likes Doctor Hooves, every colt the girls in my family date seem to like Doctor Hooves!” She grunted as she kicked imaginary dirt. “Ok, so if I were Time Turner, where would I go to fix a grandfather clock?” She stood deep in thought until it hit her like a sack of bricks. She just needed to find somepony that owned a shack with a blue door.


“So, Pip, I see you’re going with the emo look. How’s that working out so far?” Rumble asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

“It is wrong to think of this look or any look working, as clothes are only visual representations of our true emotions. As you can see, my emotions are but a dark void.” Pip explained. “You should realize that this pathetic little life is pointless. We live and we die, we are dust in the wind when it comes down to it. We will be mourned for but a moment when we pass. And when our loved ones pass and we ask if we’ll ever see them again, our only answer will be never more.”

“Wow, Dinky’s right. Emo Pip does suck….” Rumble said with a sigh. He could only hope that Dinky was doing a good job getting that screwdriver.


“Oh you have got to be kidding me, this is just desperately lame! Ga!” Dinky moaned before she banged on the 1:1 scale Tardis replica that served as an entryway to a shack. “Time Turner, get out here, I need to talk to you!” She stopped when she heard several locks click before the door opened.

“Well, look who came crawling back. Let me guess, you want to have a big heart to heart moment of clarity with me before I forgive you, right? Well jokes on you because I already forgiven you! So come on, give your surrogate bro a hug!” Time Turner said with open arms.

“No." Dinky said, "just no. First off, I already have a brother, remember? You met him when you wanted to ask my sister out.”

“Don’t remind me,” Time Turner shuddered. “I had to sit in a jar of jelly for 3 hours. I don't know why though.”

“He was testing your worthiness. Second, I’m not here to win you back, however, I do apologize. I’m here because I… I….” Dinky took deep breath. “I need your help. Do you have a Sonic Screwdriver? I really need one.”

Time Turner's perception of reality had just been shattered. Dinky actively taking an interest in anything related to the Doctor was nothing short of a dream come true. “Are… are you for real? I thought you hated Doctor Hooves.”

“I do, but as of right now, I really, no, desperately need you to give me a Sonic Screwdriver.”

There was a long silence between the two. Time Turner kept on playing back what Dinky said in his head. She desperately needed a Sonic Screwdriver. He would give one to her in a heartbeat, but first he had to be sure she was ready. “Dinky, do you know the weight of what you ask?” Time Turner finally asked.

“I don’t know. A fraction of a pound? It’s a toy screwdriver, it shouldn’t way that much.”

Time Turner motioned for her to enter the shack. When the two were inside, Time Turner sighed as he placed a hoof on the grandfather clock he had been working on. “Dinky the Sonic Screwdriver isn’t just a toy; it is a tool, a weapon. The Sonic Screwdriver is not meant to harm, but rather to fix and to repair. To wield such a tool….” Time Turner paused, on the verge of tears. “I’m sorry.” He wiped away the liquid pride and continued. “To wield such a tool is a humbling sensation that very few experience. It must never be used to close pathways, but rather to open them so that ponies like you, Dinky, can see the awe and wonder of time itself…! Also it makes a cool sound and lights up when you press a button.”

Silence fell once again, but this time it was Dinky who was left speechless. “… My sister is in love with you,” Dinky finally sighed. “Oh sweet Celestia, my sister is in love with you.” She rubbed her forehead, before speaking again. “Time Turner, I don’t care. I really don’t care. Also, I’m pretty sure your Doctor mostly uses his Sonic Screwdriver for breaking and entering. Thirdly, it's not for me. You see one of my friends went emo, and according to a poorly thought out plan, I need to give him a present to save him from the pit of darkness he’s in.”

“Oh, I get it,” Time Turner nodded. “Let me guess, heartbreak?”

“I think so,” Dinky nodded.

Time Turner nodded and opened his tool box. He took out a large copper and silver rod with a green light attached to the top. “Dinky, what I give you, know that it is one of the most important objects in existence.” Time Turner said, presenting Dinky with the awesome weapon that was the Sonic Screwdriver. "Dinky, this device has the power to open many paths, as stated before... but right now, it has the power to open and direct a colt’s heart."

"Yeah, got it, thanks," Dinky rushed as she grabbed for the screwdriver.

Time Turner pulled away at the last moment, before Dinky could grab it away from him. "Seriously, Dinky. If you say the wrong thing or present this in the wrong way, the colt could continue on his path of emo-ness. No, worse, say the wrong thing, the kid might fall in love with you!"

"That’s…" Dinky's expression jerked, thinking she misheard. "Time Turner says what now?" Dinky asked as the gears in her head began to turn.

"Well, in times a hearts break, colts become either extremely malleable or extremely hardened," Time Turner lectured. “Save them from their heartbreak in the wrong way, and they latch onto you like a Dalek’s plunger.”

“Interesting,” Dinky nodded. “The analogy made me want to bash my head against a wall, but that's beside the point....” Dinky took the screwdriver and began to look it over. “So hypothetically, this little toy could get me a boyfriend?”

“Yeah, but you really wouldn’t want that.”

“You say that, but then you don’t actually know that,” Dinky corrected.

“Dinky, do you know why your sister loves me and why I love her?” Time Turner asked, ready to get down on her level.

“Ditzy Doo has some really weird tastes in guys and beggars can’t be choosers?” Dinky said flatly.

“No, good joke, but no. It’s because we genuinely care for one another,” Time Turner explained. “I know that if I ever need someone to brighten my day or to hold close, Derpy is right there. And if your sister messes up and needs some comfort, I’m right there… I mean sure, Muffin Master usually comes on at the same time as Doctor Hooves, and I have missed who knows how many episodes, but I don’t focus on that because I love her. Do you understand?”

“Totally,” Dinky lied. She didn’t even attempt to understand what he was saying. “Well Time Turner, if you’d excuse me, I have a colt to win over… to the side of harmony, yeah, that's it, harmony.” Dinky grinned as she tossed her newly obtained Sonic Screwdriver into the air. “See you next time you’re over for dinner!”

“That’ll be Monday! See you then!” He waved. Time Turner smiled as he watched as Dinky innocently trotted away, humming happily to herself. “That’s going to be my little sister one day,” he chuckled. Could he ask for a better one? No, he couldn’t. Dinky was so innocent and kind and understanding, he loved everything about her in a very platonic way. Sure she said some hurtful things, constantly pointed out the flaws of the most awesome show ever made, but he was willing to overlook that because Dinky was naturally goodhearted.


“My Little Pippy, My Little Pippy, gonna get a boyfriend manipulatively,” Dinky sang as she toyed around with the screwdriver. Maybe Doctor Hooves wasn’t so bad after all. Thanks to that show, she was about to get a boyfriend.

Dinky had some time to kill before the class came back from their little field trip, so what could she do in the meantime? Lunch? No, she would do that with Pip, her soon-to-be boyfriend. Perhaps she could go shopping for her brother and sister. No, the muffins here were deemed too expensive and gaudy by Ditzy. Maybe if she could find a large enough jar of jelly she could get something for Jelly Doo. Of course, he was very picky when it came to jelly, and refused to look at jam. So whatever she bought would probably end up in the dumpster, or Jell Doo would burn it at the stake for spreading heresy.

As she contemplated what to do, she bumped into the stallion. Dinky tumbled onto her haunches, while the stallion stood, glaring at her. “Sorry about that,” the stallion said in a monotone voice. He helped Dinky to her hooves and picked up the screwdriver with his magic. “Huh, I’ve seen this before; this is that thing that my friend can’t shut up about. A Sonic Flashlight, right?” He asked handing the screwdriver back.

“Good name, but no. It’s called a Sonic Screwdriver, or in this case my golden ticket!” She giggled.

The stallion’s brow raised, “Golden Ticket?”

“This baby is going to open up a lot of pathways for me,” Dinky said with a wicked grin. She didn’t know why she was telling some random stallion this. Maybe it was just because she had committed the perfect crime had to tell somepony so she could get it off her chest, or perhaps she was just too happy to think straight.

“… Look, I know you’re young, and probably watch a lot of T.V. but you do know that breaking and entering is illegal, right?” The stallion asked.

“Not those kinds of pathways,” Dinky smiled.

The stallion looked over the filly and laughed as he shook his head. “You’re about to get a colt, aren’t you?” He chuckled.

“What?” Dinky gasped too loudly to be taken seriously. “Just because I have something that’s from some T.V. show, you think I’m going to use it to get a boyfriend? Is that what you think a sweet, innocent filly like me would do?”

“Yes,” the stallion nodded. “Let me guess, he’s in his emo phase, he’s spouting crud about darkness and life being meaningless, and you plan to swoop in like an angel from above,” He stopped as Dinky rolled her eyes. “And you have heard this speech before, right?”

“These things might be true… and the 'no don't do it' speech might have come up before….” Dinky admitted.

“Thought so,” The stallion said. “You hungry? I’m about to get lunch and would not mind the company.”

Dinky thought it over. On one hoof, this guy could be a predator, on the other hoof, he was a unicorn stallion with dead emotionless eyes and a flat facial expression, so one utter for help and the guards wondering the streets would take him down faster than he could say, ‘no, it’s not what you think’. “… I guess, but just know, I have mace,” she lied.

“You won’t need it.” The stallion led her to a small café and the two were seated immediately. “Coffee and Hot Chocolate,” The stallion ordered. “Are you okay with hot chocolate?”

“I guess,” Dinky shrugged.

“Cool. Now, this colt, what’s he like?”

“Small, energetic, fun, likes to play pirates, helps me with math, need I say more?”

The stallion shrugged as a coffee mug was set in front of him. “Just your plan… I mean I already know it and I know the speech that others have given you. Let me tell you right now, they’re all wrong.” Dinky perked up. “Yeah, let me say this with absolute certainty, you and him will make a great couple. It will be blissful for a while, you’ll have disagreements, but you’ll work through them.”

“Is this supposed to discourage me?” Dinky asked. “Cause what you’re describing sounds awesome!”

“At first, it is. It’s the most awesome thing in the entire world,” Stallion said as he took a sip of his coffee. “And the colt will thank you. He’ll want to make sure you never hurt or feel pain like he did. It’ll be like one of those bat pony romance movies that you fillies seem to be into. Now, for the other speeches you heard, did they go in depth of how it will end?”

“Not really, they just said don’t do it cause it won't work out, no other explanation. Why is it worst-case scenario with everypony? I already know every relationship I take up has a chance of heart break,” Dinky groaned as she was given her cup of Coco.

“That’s just it, for you there is only a small chance of heart break.”

“Come again?” Dinky asked as she sipped her Coco.

“The colt, whoever he is, will wake up each day after a certain point and he’ll see you differently,” The stallion explained. “But he’ll brush it off the first few times, after all you’re his angel, you saved him from the pit of despair he was in. But one day, it’ll be clear as day to him. He does not love you; after all, what is love anyway? He’ll ponder it, but he won’t come up with a definitive answer. Thing is, he also wouldn’t dare end it with you. He knows too well what heartbreak is like and doesn’t want you to feel it. Of course, it’s moronic to say this is always the case. After all, love works in ways I can’t hope to understand. But usually, the colt will just sit there, hoping that he’ll wake up one day and poof, he feels those loving feelings again.”

The stallion paused to take another sip of his coffee. “You love him after all. That is, until you go through the same thing. And that is why you shouldn’t toy with him, not yet at least. He won’t hurt you, but there is a large possibility you will hurt him. Maybe he'll be relieved or maybe he'll take it worse than when you found him. Again, ponies work in ways I don't understand. Now I know what you’re thinking, what do I know about any of this? Let me say, I talk from experience, I’ve talked to ponies about this, hell, you can say looking at love logically and giving advice is my bread and butter.” The stallion admitted. “But the fact of the matter is you run the risk of messing the colt up beyond belief with each move you make.”

The stallion paused and took anouther sip of his coffee. “So my advice, let his heart heal and strengthen. Let him learn; help him learn that when it’s not there, and I mean when it's obviously not there, he has to cut those ties. Let him see that not only does he deserve better, but he also needs to let you find somepony you deserve, somepony that will love you, somepony better than he is… But then again, what do I know, right? After all, I’m just some random unicorn you bumped into on the streets.” The stallion finished his coffee and placed a few bits on the table and got up. “Here, order something for yourself, my treat. Just remember what I told you, okay kid?”

"Wait, I don't get a name? Seriously!? Come on, I hate mysterious stranger type ordeals! At least let me know your Cutie mark or backstory!"

"If I see you again, I'll tell you everything, okay?" The stallion said with a soft chuckle.

“Fine,” She huffed as the stallion walked away. For a little while, Dinky sat in silence. “Right, like I would mess Pip up,” she mumbled. Dinky ordered a chocolate éclair and had a nice snack before returning to the hotel.


It was late in the afternoon when the class returned, and Dinky was waiting in the lobby with the screwdriver.

“Great!” Rumble said as he approached the filly. The fact she managed to get a screwdriver was the best thing that happened that day. Most of the day had been listening to Pip's view on the pointlessness of life. “So what are you going to tell him? Did you get that guy you got the screwdriver from to write some don’t feel bad about yourself Doctor Speech?”

“Not really,” Dinky said as a smirk of pure evil spread across her features. “I was just going to tell him how much he’s loved... by me.”

Rumble’s once joyous expression began to fall as he put the pieces together. “No, you wouldn’t. I told you not to!”

“Yeah, you did… I think.”

“Y-you think? Weren’t you listening?” Rumble asked.

“I was, but you did a poor job at explaining why I shouldn’t use this to get Pip to love me. I don't know what Thunderlane said exactly, for all I know, you miss heard him! So, thinking about this logically, this is all your fault. I’m just a victim of circumstance,” Dinky excused.

“I did a great job of telling you why you shouldn’t do it!” Rumble defended.

“Keep telling yourself that,” Dinky said.

“Back to the point! I can’t allow you to do this Dinky, if you force my hoof and I will stop you!” Rumble threatened.

“You’re adorable," Dinky said.

“Really? Cause let’s face it, I’m stronger, faster, and I control the weather! What can a unicorn filly with no magic do against a Pegasus that helped make a tornado?” Rumble asked, slightly pushing Dinky back as he tapped on her chest.

“… Oh come on Rumble, Truffle Shuffle isn’t fat!” Dinky said loudly. Almost instantly, Twist came out of nowhere and tackled Rumble. It took less than five seconds for her to start putting him into submission.

“How dare you!” Twist screamed as she punched Rumble across the muzzle.

As her friend did her dirty work for her, Dinky lifted the Sonic Screwdriver with her aura and proceeded to look for Pip. It was just too easy. Her journey was just smooth sailing from here on out. “DINKY!” The filly heard her name called. She turned to see Button Mash approaching her. “I heard everything, and I agree with Rumble!” He said. “Your somewhat, but not really that evil as much as it is manipulative plan ends here! I’ll show you what the hero of Minecraftia has to say about-”

“Hey Button Mash, is that Sweetie Belle making out with that dragon guy behind you?” Dinky interrupted.

Instantly Button Mash turned around and surveyed the area. “Where!? I don’t see her!” He screamed in horror as he looked for Sweetie Belle and the dragon guy. Button had been infatuated with the filly for a while now, though he never actually took a single step forward with admitting his feelings for her. In fact, most of the time, he just screamed ‘Minecraft’ and then ran away. He would be darned if he lost her to a dragon.

“But I was so sure I saw her! Maybe you just need to keep looking Button. I’m sure you can find them and steal her away from him,” Dinky lied.

“Okay, thanks Dinky!” Button Mash said as he continued to search for the non-existent couple.

With that five second road block out of the way, Dinky continued her search. Looking around, she saw Pip, clad in black cloth; entering an elevator and heading upstairs. She entered the second elevator and hummed along to the music as the elevator brought her up to her prey. When the elevator stopped at the correct floor, she saw Pip at his door, placing his key card into its slot. She hid the Sonic Screwdriver behind her, hoping to surprise him with it. “Pip!” She shouted as she ran towards the colt.

Instantly, the colt turned around. “Ah, Dinky, I see you have come to-” Dinky pressed her hoof against his lips, silencing him.

“Save it… and take those glasses off,” She commanded as she took Pip’s shades off. “Look, I know that you probably went through something painful, but you can’t let that get you down.”

“Really?” Pip sarcastically commented against her hoof. “Do you know what it’s like to have no love, from anypony? To have no pony? To have the pony you devoted yourself to tear your heart to shreds!?”

“Enough with Emo Pip!” Dinky loudly begged. “And you do have love, you have m… you have m… you have m….” As hard as Dinky tried, for some reason she couldn’t say ‘me’. What could be stopping her though? It was three little words, what was stopping her?! She gave it some thought, and realized what was holding her back. It was the random stallion’s words of wisdom. She tried to ignore what he said, but soon saw, in a small way, that he might be a very small fraction of a percent right. She inwardly screamed not to, but she knew what she had to say. She was going to regret this.

“Look, this is going to sound like some after school special, so bear with me.” She said. “You have a lot of love Pip,” Dinky began again, “because you have many friends. Sure, there might have been a filly or mare that didn’t like you, but let’s face it, you probably weren’t what she was looking for, and given some time you probably would have found she wasn’t what you were looking for.”

“But how do you know that?”

“I don’t,” Dinky said. “But I do know that if those feelings are truly, 100% not there, they aren’t there. The thing is, you shouldn’t let that get you down. It would be a crime to lead somepony as cool as you on. If they don’t love you, the way you love them, you can’t let them letting you go hurt you so much, because they know you deserve better and they probably just want you to be happy. Now, going against every fiber of my being, my advice is that you give yourself time to heal.”

“You’re going to remember this heart break for a while, but if you ever find yourself dating later on in life and you find that you don’t love her like you should or you don’t love her the way she loves you, and you know that it's impossible to love her like you should, then don’t focus heartbreak that comes from a break-up. Instead, focus on what you able to find after the break-up." Dinky said. "If you don’t feel those feelings towards her, then she deserves better, you both deserve better! And when you feel heart break, never go Super Emo. Mainly cause it's not attractive, but also because you’re never alone. Just look at all the ponies you have to lean on. You have Rumble, me, Button Mash, Twist, me, Truffle… maybe, Apple Bloom and her friends if you want your cutie mark, me, Snips and Snails but only if nopony else is available, your parents, did I mention you have me?”

Pip nodded.

“Good, now lose the emo look, I think you maybe starting to bum the class out.” Dinky pulled the Sonic Screwdriver from behind her back and gave it to Pip. “Here, Rumble, Button Mash and I chipped in to get this for you… I chipped in like 50, maybe 65 percent, not that it’s too important, I’m just saying.”

Pip looked over the toy. It was a limited edition replica Sonic Screwdriver that the 11th Doctor used. He had always wanted one. The 11th Doctor was his favorite of all time. He just couldn’t believe it, his friends actually gotten one for him. “Wow, thanks Dinky…” He said as his smile and original, non-emo hairstyle returned. The more he reflected on the speech, the more his happy-go-lucky demeanor returned. “Your right… Thank you.” Just then, from the elevator, Rumble dragged himself to the room, bruised and broken.

“Pip, don’t do it! She’s manipulating you!” He cried.

“Oi, Rumble what are you talking about?” Pip asked.

“You don’t have love from just her; you have a lot of ponies that care about you! You have me and Button Mash-”

“I know, that’s what she said,” Pip interrupted.

“Of course she said…! She said.... what?” Rumble asked, obviously delirious from his injuries.

“Rumble, are you okay?” Pip asked. "You look like you went through Tartarus.”

“I… I thought she was going to make you fall in love… manipulatively….” Rumble murmured.

“Actually, thanks to her, I think I might take some time off from even thinking about relationships, after all, I’m like ten. I might as well just play with my friends and my new Sonic Screwdriver!” Pip declared as he held up his new toy, pressing the button on the side. He let out an excited squeal. “It even makes the cool sound it does on show!”

“Yeah, it does… so how long is this relationship break going to last?” Dinky asked, “I know you need time to heal and all, but give it too long and you’ll turn stone cold…. You only need like a day or two, right?”

“I was thinking a few weeks actually. Thanks again Dinky, for the speech and the screwdriver.” Pip gave her a hug, which she reluctantly melted into.

“It was no problem Pip,” she said with a whimper. “No Problem…. ” Pip let her go and went into his room.

“You didn’t go through with it,” Rumble said in amazement. “Wow, that’s a relief!”

“Stop talking, I’m regretting it more and more each minute,” Dinky admitted.

Pip came back into the hallway with three bags packed with coats, shirts, and several pairs of dark sunglasses. He had been restored to his original happy self. “Come on Rumble, Dinky, let’s return theses clothes and get my money back! Geronimo!” He said as he used his screwdriver.

Just then, Cheerilee passed the group with Twist following closely behind. “Do I even need to tell you how much trouble you are in?” She asked Twist, who carried a look of shame.

Dinky cursed herself as she watched her friend led away. “Hey Pip, can I call in a favor, as a friend?”

“Sure love, whatever you need!”

“I’m going to have to punch you,” She admitted low enough so only Rumble and Pip heard it. “Twist shouldn’t go to that field trip alone tomorrow. Sure she has Truffle, but I think she could use a friend.”

Pip turned his left cheek to her. “Here, this is my bad side, swing away!” He offered.

“You are going to make some filly… hopefully me… very happy one day. HEY MS. CHEERILEE!” Dinky called, earning the teachers attention. She swung with all he might, nailing Rumble in the side of the face.

“You said you were going to punch Pip!” Rumble wept as he held the side of his face.

“I did, but then I thought, I don’t want to punch Pip, I like Pip! I’ll see you tomorrow,” she told Cheerilee, who stood speechlessly in the center of the hallway.


Meanwhile, Button Mash sat in the lobby, searching for Sweetie Belle and the dragon guy. “You know what? I’m going to look for one more hour, and then I’m going to my room…! Make it two hours, just in case."

Author's Note:

The Final Part of Day 4. Enjoy!

Just a quick question, is it wrong that I love writing Dinky the way I write her? Anyway, this is the picture that is the very base of my head canon for Dinky Doo's Family.