• Published 11th May 2014
  • 587 Views, 11 Comments

The Reunion of Good Friends - Acoustic Pulse



Acoustic Pulse is reunited with some old friends.

  • ...
3
 11
 587

Meeting Lightning's Mom

It took several days, but I had finally finished the book and I was ready for that test.

"Where is it held at?" I ask.

"Town Hall, AP, go pass it," Rainbow answered.

"Alright, you got it," I reply.

"Oh, and if you see my mom, tell her I said hi, and sorry for not getting her anything on Mother's Day," Lightning requested.

"Why can't you do it?" I ask. I wasn't all that annoyed by it, but you know. I'm no messenger.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll go with you," Lightning said and tagged along.

"I'll speak with the recruiters. Let them know you're ready for this test," Rainbow said and flew away to the Town Hall.

Lightning and I followed closely behind.

When we get there, a yellow Pegasus with fiery orange mane and tail is waiting for me.

"WHICH ONE OF YOU IS ACOUSTIC PULSE?!" she boomed.

"That's me, ma'am. What's your name?" I ask her.

She takes in a breath and lowers her volume, "I'm Captain Spitfire, Commander of the Wonderbolts. You ever served in any branch of Equestrian Military before?"

"That would be yes, Captain. Solar Guard. I am the one who singlehoofedly took down Chrysalis, Sombra, and Discord. I also rescued Shining Armor and Princess Cadence from their castle when the Crystal Empire fell under siege," reply.

"You did all that by yourself?" she asked in disbelief.

"Would you like to see my proof?" I ask.

"Well, no shit, I can't just take your word for all that," she scoffs.

"Here," I show her my scar on my shoulder, Sombra had charged me and used his horn as a dagger. It cut pretty deep and hurt like absolute hell when it happened.

"Damn, son. You've won some style points with that one. You have won my respect," Spitfire replies.

She motions me to come on, and I follow her to a room with only a desk inside.

"You will test here. Rainbow Dash, you and your fr---Son?!" she was cut off when she saw Lightning.

"Hey, mom. Sorry I couldn't get you anything for Mother's Day," he replied hugging Spitfire.

"You being front and center is enough for me. Have you been staying out of trouble? Just because you're my son doesn't mean you get any special treatment," she replies.

"Yeah, mom, I haven't been getting into any trouble, aside from the occasional tongue lashing from officers when I pull pranks. This one time, I put laxatives in the chow at the Mess Hall, had everypony shitting projectile diarrhea. It was fucked up, but it was funny," Lightning laughed.

"Captain, you mind taking your son somewhere else so I can focus on this test?", I ask nervously.

I expected her to blast at me for mouthing off, but instead, she nods and they leave, followed by Rainbow Dash.

I am left alone to take the test. It seems simple enough. All the questions came from that book I read.

After looking over my answers twice, I turn the test in. Only took me an hour.

The recruiter looks over the test.

"100%, son. Not bad. Welcome to the Wonderbolts Reserves," he says.

"Glad to be here," I reply with a salute.

I come back outside.

"Yes, I passed," I answer before they could ask.

"Great job," Rainbow replied.

"Nice one, bro!" Lightning added.

"Thanks, y'all," I say.

"Anytime," Lightning replies.

"No problem," Rainbow says.

Twilight comes into Town Hall.

"From the looks of things, I'd say you passed," she observes.

"Yes, yes I did," I confirm.

"Alright! How about we go to Sweet Apple Acres? We can celebrate with some cider," Lightning suggested.

"I'm alright with it if you guys are," I reply.

"Hell yeah. AJ's cider is amazing!" Rainbow says.

"I do like the cider. Sure, I'll go," Twilight responds.

It's unanimous. We're getting some cider. I follow my friends to the farm.

"I was wonderin' when Rainbow would come askin' for some cider," an orange pony with a blonde mane laughed. Her Southern drawl reminded me of Dad.

"Your cider's amazing, Applejack!" she remarks.

"I don't know a single pony in Equestria, not one, who doesn't like my cider," Applejack replied.

"I've never had your cider before," I say.

"WHAT?!" everypony else shouts with shocked looks on their faces.

"Not from here," I say after an awkward silence.

"Well, then try some!" Applejack exclaimed, giving me a cup.

I sniff the inside to make sure it's not poisoned and then take a sip. Heaven in a cup!

"HOLY SHIT, THIS IS DELICIOUS! " I shout with glee.

"I knew he would like it," Rainbow laughed.

We finish the cider, say goodbye to Applejack, and trot back to the library.

"So, now what?" I ask.

"Wanna go prank some ponies?" Lightning suggests.

"NO!" Rainbow, Twilight, and I shout in unison.

"Fine," Lightning sighed.

"Wanna tell stories about the past?" Twilight asks.

"Not sure I have any," Lightning answers.

"Ehh, I have twos and fews, I suppose," Rainbow replies.

"I have some, but I don't like to dwell on the past much," I say.

"Oh, come on. Tell us!" Rainbow pleads.

"Why?" a simple word with such a complex meaning.

"In order to catch up," Twilight cuts in.

"Yeah," Lightning added.

"Alright, fine. Who's going first?" I ask in frustration.

"Well, I've got nothing," Twilight admits.

"Nor do I," Lightning says.

"I've told my Sonic Rainboom story way too many times," Rainbow adds.

"I reckon that leaves me to begin?" I conclude.

"Yep," the other three added.

I sit silently, recalling all of the crazy shit that happened before moving to Ponyville. How the hell am I supposed to tell all of these? I suppose I'll have to start from square one.

"Alright, I'm gonna try to summarize this, because it's a long damned story," I warn.

"Okay then," Twilight replies.

"Do what you've gotta do," Lightning says.

"Well, let's hear it," Rainbow laughed excitedly.

I take another moment to remember every event from Mom's death to Discord's. This may take a while even in the form of a summary.

END OF CHAPTER 4!