• Published 11th May 2014
  • 583 Views, 11 Comments

The Reunion of Good Friends - Acoustic Pulse



Acoustic Pulse is reunited with some old friends.

  • ...
3
 11
 583

Around Town

I have only been living in Ponyville for a couple of weeks. I had finally saved enough bits to buy my own house after working with Nurse Red Heart at the hospital. I quit the job, so I can return my focus to the music that I've been working on.

I decide to go for a trot around town to clear my mind, and to meet new faces, since I haven't really ventured into town yet.


I look around at all the ponies of various shapes, sizes, and colors moving about. Warms my heart to see such happy faces.

I decide to stop by Sugarcube Corner. I'm greeted by one of the craziest-looking mares I have ever seen.

"OOH, A NEWCOMER! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!" the eccentric pink mare exclaimed happily.

"Umm...h-hi," I reply, sounding a little more uncomfortable than I meant to.

"My name's Pinkie Pie! What's yours?" she introduced herself and then asked who I was.

"I'm Acoustic Pulse. Moved here a couple weeks ago. I like to keep to myself, which is why you don't see me much," I explain.

"Weren't you that stallion who was working with Nurse Red Heart?" she asks, finally recognizing me.

"Yes, how did you know?" I ask. I was surprised that she knew.

"Just a hunch," she answers with a smile.

I learned my first lesson as a citizen of Ponyville: NEVER question Pinkie Pie.

I buy a muffin from the mare at the counter, who introduced herself as Mrs. Cake, and move on to the rest of Ponyville.

When I step outside, I'm unsure if I should visit the Library or that Clothing Store that I hear everypony talking about.

I choose to stop by the Library, right when I adjust my direction to head there, I am knocked to the ground by a blue blur.

'What was that? ' I thought as I stood up. I look around and I see that it was WHO, not what. I knew exactly who it was. My friend from Summer Flight Camp.

We were so small back then. I don't even think she remembers me. I hope she does.

"Dashie? Is that you, buddy?" I ask.

"Do I know you?" she retorts and stands up, brushing herself off with her wing.

"I thought you did. It's me, Acoustic Pulse. Summer Flight Camp? Ring any bells?" I say trying to help refresh her memory.

"HOLY SHIT! AP?" she shouts. My memory refresh had worked.

"Yeah. How's it been?" I ask.

"Great. I made it into the Wonderbolts. Fulfilling my dream, you know?" she explains.

"Yeah, I hear ya! Congratulations," I say.

"Thanks. So, how is your family doing?" the thought of them brings tears to my eyes.

"Was it something I said?" she was noticeably confused.

"They're no longer with us, they passed away last year," I answer between heaves.

"Oh, no. Acoustic, I'm sorry... I didn't---I didn't know," Rainbow stammers.

"It's okay," I smile reassuringly and wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Good. You had me feeling guilty, AP. You know how I am about that," she scolds.

"Yeah. It's not like tears will bring them back," I said.

"AP, don't be like that. They're in a better place now, okay?" she answers.

"You're right. Thank you, Rainbow. I feel a lot better," I reply. Only a true friend can turn tears of sadness into tears of joy.


Now, here's how Rainbow Dash and I met. It was 10 years ago. I was a colt and she was a filly. In the Summer Flight Camp was a group of colts who would bully all of those who made mistakes during flight. It was my turn to fly, and I was not up for any bullshit from these idiots.

While I was flying, I caught my leg on a ring during a loop and I nosedive headfirst into a cloud. The bullies roared with laughter.

"HA! HE FELL! OH, MY SWEET CELESTIA, THAT WAS SO FUNNY!" their ringleader laughed.

"Shut up!" I shout without even thinking. He wasn't expecting me to stand my ground.

"What'd you say to me? Say it to my face!" he acted all macho.

I trot up to him. I am inches from his face, and my crazy ass says: "Shut. The Fuck. Up!"

He punches me in the head and I punch him in the face. Before the fight gets any worse, Rainbow Dash comes over and stops us.

"Alright, break it up, fellas," she commands.

"Okay," I said and backed off.

"Fine," the bully answers. Was that a quiver of fear in his voice? To this day, I still don't know.


"Yo, AP," Rainbow waves her hoof in my face. I was still lost in that flashback.

"Sorry, I had a flashback to when we first met,"I explain.

"Good times," she replies.

The nostalgia intensifies.

"I was on my way to the library. Want to come with?" I invite.

"I was headed to Sugarcube Corner, but sure," she says.

That reminds me of that muffin. It was laying on the ground. So much for that one. I reckon I dropped it when RD clobbered me.

The two of us trot to the library, stopping every once in awhile for ponies darting in front of us.

When we get to the library, I am taken aback by who answers the door when we knock.

"Twilight, is that really you?" I ask.

"You look so familiar. Where do I know you from?" she wonders.

"It's me, AP," I answer.

"You mean my first friend? From when I was a filly?" she asks. The nostalgia was getting to her too.

"Yes," I answer.

We were both grinning from ear to ear.

Rainbow and I enter the library and we sit at a table in Twilight's living room. I didn't expect the place to be so spacious, but I'll be Luna damned if it wasn't.

The gang is all here. Wait, no. Somepony is missing. Where's Lightning Strike?


END OF CHAPTER 1!