• Published 11th May 2014
  • 584 Views, 11 Comments

The Reunion of Good Friends - Acoustic Pulse



Acoustic Pulse is reunited with some old friends.

  • ...
3
 11
 584

Somepony's Missing

Here's how I met Twilight Sparkle:

It was 11 years ago. I wasn't quite old enough to be sent to Summer Flight Camp. I had no friends, no cutie mark, but I had my Mom. She was so nice to everypony. I had a bond with her. I had a bond with dad too, but mom was special. She taught me a lesson that I'll never forget.

"Acoustic, my little colt, there is something you must always remember. I don't ever want you to forget it," she began.

"What's that, Mama?" I ask her.

"No matter how bad things may seem, no matter what anypony says or does to you, I want you to always be nice to them. I don't care if he's the meanest pony in Equestria, you be there for everypony. Be the helping hoof, son. Be the shoulder to cry on. I don't want you to be a softie, but I do want you to show compassion. Can you do that for me?" she says.

A feeling I never felt before was coming over me: Pride!

"I will, Mama! You can trust me," I assure her.

"I know I can," she smiles.

I loved my mother. And she loved me. My father loved me too, don't get me wrong, but he had a slightly different approach to things.

"Son, come here. I gotta tell ya somethin'," he says.

"What's up, Dad?", I ask him.

"Remember to always fight back. Be strong and brave. And most importantly, be loyal," he said.

"You can count on me," I tell him.

"I know I can," he smiles. It was the first time I saw him smile since he came home from the war.

"Can I go outside? " I ask my parents after lunch.

"Yes, but don't go too far, sweetie," my mom warned.

"Sure," my father added.

I go outside and start to practice my flying. I was doing good, until a gust of wind knocked me off balance.

Little did I know, a little purple and pink unicorn was coming up the street.

WHAM!

We collided with great force. Guilt got to me after she began to cry.

"Are you okay? I am so sorry. I did not mean to slam into you like that," I say.

She continues to cry as if she didn't hear me. I just did what my mom told me.

I wrapped her in an embrace. I was, as Mom put it, her 'shoulder to cry on'.

"Shhhhh...it's okay. You're alright. Everything is fine," I attempt to comfort her.

She stopped crying, so I tried to break the hug, but she held on tighter.

"You okay?" I ask. I was starting to feel awkward.

"Yes," she said.

"I love hugs as much as anypony, but you're kinda suffocating me here," I say in a firm, but quiet tone, as to not make her upset.

She giggles and says, "Sorry!"

"My name's Acoustic Pulse. What's your name?", I ask.

"Twilight Sparkle," she said.

"That's a cool name," I say with a smile.

"Thanks," she replied.

"You're welcome," I said.

She got up and continued heading in the opposite direction. I went back to practicing my flying.


"Another flashback? " Rainbow asked.

"Yeah, it was back to when me and Twilight met this time," I answer.

Twilight smiled at the thought.

"What? Were you two a couple or something? " Rainbow asks curiously.

"No, we were so young. We barely knew what a cutie mark was, let alone something as complex as a relationship," I answer, and it was no lie.

"Well, I trust you," Rainbow says. I knew she did because there wasn't any doubt in her voice.

Not gonna lie, thought she'd doubt it. I was expecting her to be like 'Damn, Twilight, I didn't know you and AP were a thing'. Something childish like that, but she kept it real and I respect that.

"So, who was that Lightning Strike you mentioned earlier?" Twilight asked.

"He's another friend. Met him 10 years ago. I was in Summer Flight Camp at the time," I answer.

"Does he live here in Ponyville?" Rainbow wondered.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since he left for the Wonderbolts Reserves," I reply.

"Oh, that Lightning Strike!" Dashie recalls.

"You know him too?" I ask.

"Know him? Of course. He's a bit of a pain in the ass when he pulls pranks, but when he's chill, he's a pretty good friend," Rainbow replied.

"Yeah. He's a good friend," I concur.

"You know what house he lives in?" I ask.

"Hell no! What do I look like, a stalker?" she snaps.

"Sorry," is all I can say.

"It's okay," she replies.

"I haven't seen Rarity all day," Twilight says.

"Who?" I ask.

"She owns the clothes store. Carousel Boutique," Rainbow Dash answers.

"Oh. Well, we can stop by there if y'all want to," I offer.

"Sure," Dashie said.

"Okay," Twilight adds.

The three of us leave the library and trot towards Carousel Boutique. It's a short trot, maybe three minutes. When we get there, we're greeted by a customer who asked to go in first. We followed him in.

"Lightning! Hello. What is it that you need?" Rarity asked.

I knew it was Lightning Strike.

"Can ya fix this hole in my uniform?" he asked.

"Of course, dear," Rarity replied.

"Thanks," Lightning said.

Rarity began working on the patch. It only took a couple minutes.

"There you go," Rarity said, giving Lightning his uniform.

Lightning turned to leave and he seemed to just realize who we all were.

"Rainbow? Twilight? Acoustic? It's great to see you guys," he says.

"Nice to see you too," I reply.

Rainbow and Twilight nod.

Lightning Strike has an orange body with a red and yellow striped mane and tail. His eyes glow blue like a Changeling's.


The gang's all here now, I really never expected this to happen. This just showed me how small the world is.

END OF CHAPTER 2!