• Published 17th May 2014
  • 3,388 Views, 20 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part One - Derpyforever



IIt:s up to the five best friends to bring Flash and Twilight together... but will it work out as planned?

  • ...
22
 20
 3,388

Chapter 8: The Injured

Chapter 8: The Injured

After the cave in indecent, the pony-Rainbow Dash- sat in agony of her broken, front left leg. She sat there until some thing caught her attention. A little bug was flying in front of her.

Rainbow wouldn't have notice it if it hadn't gave a slight glow. It looked like a parasprite, except for a few differences. It was slightly smaller , its wings ended in a point, eyes were slightly smaller, and had six legs instead of four.

"Heh," Rainbow chuckled, "and I suppose you're gonna heal me with some kind of magic, huh?"

"No, but I know where Rarity is. Come on," it exclaimed. Then it flew around the corner. Rainbow Dash just sat there suprised

"Well... you coming?"

"You can talk," Rainbow gasped.

"Why is that everyone's first reaction?"

"Well... most Parasprites don't talk."

"Why I ne... I am NOT a Parasprite! Never ever call me one of those savages again!"

"Ok, Ok, calm down. If you are not a Parasprite, then what are you?"

"I am a Neutreial. Cousin of the very kind Benificer and... Parasprite." The Neutreial shuddered as it said the last part.

"What is a Neu-trei-al," Rainbow Dash asked.

"Our race, as the name applies, are a very solitude kind. We prefer to hide amongst your kind and fend for ourselves; however, we will help anything that may need our help. I guess you can kinda say we are an entire race of Fluttershys."

"You said you knew were Rarity is. How do you even know who Rarity or Fluttershy even are?"

"Well, to help maintain our peace, we sit and watch from afar, studying each race as they grow. We know everything about every creature. Now that introductions are out of the way, are we going to find Rarity or not?" With that, the Neutreial flew off, again.

Rainbow Dash got up, but forgot her leg was broken, and fell with a moan of pain.

"I don't think I will be going anywhere," Rainbow said, gritting her teeth.

The Neutreial looked around and saw a root. "Sit right there for a second." It flew to the root and land on top, holding very hard. Then it flew up and down as hard as it could. After a moment, the root finally gave away and snapped. The Neutreial flew down to Rainbow Dash with the root.

"Here, use this as a crutch."

"Thanks. Say, I never caught your name."

"Ms. Jane Nutry," she replied.

"My name is..."

"I already know who you are," Jane interrupted, "I know everything about every creature, remember?"

"Oh... right."

They started on their way into the maze. Then Rainbow asked if Jane knew where her friends were.

"I am sorry I do not."

"But you just said you knew everything."

"About every creature. In other words, I know what they like and dislike, how they feel about things, and who they are. I just happen to see Rarity run by me a few minutes ago."

"Well are there any friends of yours that can help look?"

"Yep. There are six in your mane right now."

"WHAT!!!"

She tuned and sure enough, six different colored Neutreials came out.

"But...What... How," Rainbow stammered.

"We are pretty good aren't we? Now every one, move out."

"Hah, wait till my friends hear..."

"DO NOT tell your friends, or anyone," Jane said sternly.

"But why?"

"It would be impossible for our race to stay neutral if everyone barged in."

"Alright, Alright, calm your wings. Let's just go find Rarity."

They started to walk around, occasionally stepping around traps, until they started to see flickering light on the walls of a corner.

"Just around that corner is Rarity," said Jane.

"Thanks Jane. I will never forget you." But when Rainbow Dash said that last sentence, a sad look came upon Jane's face.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just..."

"Mam," interrupted one of the six Neutreials whom returned,"We were not able to locate the others in time."

"In time," Rainbow questioned," what does he mean by in time?"

"In... time... for the picture," said Jane, with a slight tear,"we like to take pictures of those we... helped."

"Ooook," Rainbow said suspiciously.

Jane pulled out what looked like a camera. 'It pains me to do this every time' she thought.

"Alright... don't blink."

They all gathered around the camera as it counted down.

"I'm sorry Rainbow Dash," Jane cried as the camera struck one.

"For what," she replied confused.

Then the camera flashed. Rainbow ended up knocked out on the ground and the Neutreial were gone.

(To Be Continued...)