• Published 17th May 2014
  • 3,388 Views, 20 Comments

Twilight's Love Story: Part One - Derpyforever



IIt:s up to the five best friends to bring Flash and Twilight together... but will it work out as planned?

  • ...
22
 20
 3,388

Chapter 10: The Problem

Chapter 10: The Problem

After the cave in incident, the ponies-Applejack, Twilight Sparkle, Randy, Flash Sentry, and Fluttershy- decided to split up due to meeting a crossroad in the maze. Suggested by Applejack, Flash and Randy took the left path, while the three girls took the right. A few minutes of silence passed until Randy, whom was feeling the awkward silence, spoke to Flash.

"Sooo... You have a thing for Princess Twilight Sparkle," he said.

"Yes," Flash replied, hinting that he was not in the mood to talk. Randy however did not get the hint.

"Have you thought of future yet?"

"No. We kinda just officially met a few hours ago."

Randy, who was starting to feel stupid for talking in the first place, tried to change the subject.

"How are the guards at the Crystal Empire? Much different then Canterlot I suppose?"

"Not much different really. We train, patrol, guard, and repeat... Randy, I know you mean well, but I prefer not to talk. I just have alot on my mind right now."

"Oh... I'm sorry... but are you sure you don't want to talk about it? It might make you feel better."

"It's kinda of a long story."

"We got a neverending maze to search for one pony. I think we have just enough time."

"Well ok. It was many years ago back in Cloudsdale, my family and I were visiting relitves. One day my parents, Uncles, and Aunts all decided to see an opra. Whinny and Matt were hanging out at a party with some of my elder cousins, so they did not have to go; however, I was not so fortunate. Being only thirteen, I was forced to come along. Thankfully, I had my cousin Lightning, who was the only cousin I had my age..."

=========================================================================

"Sup Lightning," said a younger version of Flash. Before he grew older, Flash had brown hair with a streak of blue. He normally had his hair in the same style as his older version did, but his mother forced him to comb it down this time.

"Sup Flash," said Lightning sharing a hoof bump with Flash. Lighting was fourteen, had a bright orange coat, with red hair, and green eyes. He had a lighting cutie mark like Flash, but had a hoofball behind it instead of a shield

"Your parents drag you here too," asked Flash

"Yeah," Lightning moaned, " and brought my grumpy, baby brother. This is going to be the longest night ev-"

He stopped when a couple of giggling and blushing young mares walked by him. "Maybe second longest." Flash just rolled his eyes and sighed.

After making a quick stop at a snack bar, Flash's family took there seats. They were only five minutes in when Flash and Lightning were already bored out of their minds.

"We need a plan to get out of this," Flash whispered to Lightning.

"I'm working on it cuz," Lightning whispered back. He was silent for a moment, looking around, thinking of escape routes. "Ok... I think I got this. Give me some of your popcorn."

"What are you going at Lightning," Flash asked, giving a hoofful of popcorn to him.

"You'll see," Lightning smirked, "Mom, can I use the restroom?"

"Sure honey, just remember to not go off with strangers."

Lightning started his way up the steps, but stopped at the row right behind them. He hid behind a big stallion who was enjoying the opra with his wife. After making sure he was out of view of his parents, he started to throw popcorn at his dad.

"Hey," Lightning's dad silently exclaimed, "What's the big idea."

"Oh I'm sorry sir. I did not mean to spill popcorn on you. Here, why don't we just move, come on darling." With that, the stallion and his wife left.

Lightning quickly returned to his seat without being noticed, then started complaining to Flash quietly.

"What was that guy's problem? It was like he had no backbone."

"Uh-huh."

"I mean really, you are a muscular, big, intimidating stallion, and yet your going to be soft about things."

"Uh-huh."

"Uhhh... Flash you ok," Lightning questioned, waving a hoof in front of his face.

"Uh-huh,"

Lightning followed his gaze, thinking Flash had gone insane and was actually enjoying this stuff, but was surprise to see his gaze fall upon a mare three rows in front of them.

"Oooh... I see what's going on here," Lightning grinned.

Flash snapped out of it,"what are you saying?"

"Don't lie, I see those red cheeks of yours."

Flash quickly looked away, "It must be the stage lights making it hot in here."

"Surrre... that's what you think is hot," Lightning teased, nudging him slightly.

"If your implying that I have a crush on that mare, then you must of hit your head on the way back here," Flash whispered.

"Hey, I am not implying anything... oh here she comes."

"Like I'd all for tha-"

"Umm... excuse me," said a voice behind Flash.

Flash turned around to see the beautiful mare.

"I was wondering, if your not busy, if you could help me find the snack bar. You see, my... pet... is really hungry, and if he doesn't get food soon, he could die. He is only a baby, and I am trying to hide him from my parents. He hasn't eaten in weeks!"

"I-I uhh..."

"He would love to help you," Lightning interjected,"Just follow us to the snack bar."

After getting an 'OK' from their parents, Flash and Lightning lead the pony to the sanck bar.

"Lightning," Flash whispered, "you do know we don't have any bits right?"

"Who said we need bits," grinned Lightning.

"Oh no... we are not doing that!"

"Well it's either that or letting down a very pretty mare,"

Flash thought for a moment then said, " fine... I guess stealing won't be too bad."

"That's the spirit, now here is how we are going to do it..."

While they discussed, the mare was messing around in her saddlebag.

"...alright you two, wait for the signal," Lightning said. He then walked up to the counter and slammed down Flash's popcorn on the counter. "There is no butter on this," he yelled, "I demand a refund."

"I am not going to give you a refund just because there is no butter," snapped the owner.

"Well I demand butter!"

"That's our queue," Flash whispered. They snuck around the two arguing ponies. They went into the back, making sure nopony was around. "Alright," Flash said quietly,"what do we need?"

"That, and only that," she pointed at a box

"Ooook," Flash replied, wondering why they need only this food when they had many to chose from.

They grabbed as much as they could and hid it in the mare's saddle bag. Then they realized Lightning's voice was so loud, that they could hear what he was saying.

"I don't think we need to involve a Guard Pony who is coming."

Flash realized what Lightning meant and turned to the mare and said,"we need to get out of here... NOW."

The moment they walked out, they came snout-to-snout with a big pony in armor glaring at them. The two ponies looked on past the pony in armor to see both of there parents with big scowls on there faces, as well as Lightning's parents, and Lightning, who was being held by the ear and trying to mouth 'sorry' to his companions.

"Flash," Flash's mother said in a threatening voice," we can not begin to describe the disappointment we feel right now! You know much better than to steal, and when we get home, you are going to be in a whole mess of trouble mister! Now give back the things you have stolen this instant!"

"That goes double for you young lady," the mare's father exclaimed

Flash was about to oblige, until he saw the mare's tearing face. He then realized that she knew this was her pets only survival chance, and without the carrots, it would die. That's when his facial expression changed from coward to angry.

He turned to his parents and said in a low growl, "no."

Everypony was shocked at his growing rage.

"Excuse me young man," his mother snapped back.

"I SAID NO," he yelled, making everypony around him jump back, "this sweet and kind young mare needs the food to feed her pet."

"PET..." the mares father started to exclaim.

"Yes pet," Flash snapped, cutting him off; then got in his face and yelled, "and if you can't see that the most beautiful mare in the world loves being around animals, then maybe you shouldn't be her father."

Everypony, except Flash and the mare's father, gasped at the last words that just came out of Flash's mouth. Then the father of the mare expression turn to anger even farther then Flash's, making Flash back down and realize he went too far.

"What gives you the right to tell me how to raise my daughter," he roared. He raised up his hoof to hit Flash, however, when it came down, it hit another. The mare had jumped in front of Flash, getting slapped in the face by her own father.

The father stood there, eyes wide and his mouth agape. The mare, however was standing there, shocked that her own father had hit her. Everypony else just stood there for a moment, then relize why she jumped in front. They obviously saw that they had feelings towards each other.

"You... you are never to see my daughter again... you hear?"

"How dare you try to talk that way to our son, let alone try to hit him," Flash's mother exclaimed, "you are never to see my son... no... my family ever again, you hear!"

Lightning was the first of the three what this meant and tried to escape his mom and dad, to end a feud before it started, but failed. The other two had to see Lightning's struggle to relize what it meant.

"You can't separate us," Flash exclaimed.

"We can, and we will," both ponies' parents said. They each grabbed their own struggling child and left.

###

Both ponies were grounded until their next birthdays, and were not allowed to have anything to do with each other. However, they would secretly write letters to each other. During the months of their grounding, they eached acted like they nothing happened that night when they were around there families.

Some time after Flash's 14th birthday, the mare stopped writing. Heartbroken, he decided to see what happened. He left for Cloudsdale telling his mom and dad that he was going to see Lightning. He searched all round trying to find the mare. He found her strolling down the street kicking a stone with a sad face. He landed next to her making her jump.

"Oh... it you Flash," she said, her glum mood returning.

"Hey... what's wrong," he asked, "why didn't you write back?"

"Flash... my dad caught me writing to you, and banned me from ever sending any letters. We are going to move somewhere else so you quit sending us letters... I'm ... I'm sorry."

"Well why don't you tell me were you are moving, therefore I can see you and we won't need to send letters."

"I don't think that's a good idea... in fact... maybe we shouldn't see each other until we are adult ponies living on our own."

"I-I," Flashed sighed and hung his head, " I guess your right."

"Goodbye Flash... here is a little something to remember me bye." The mare jumped into his arms and kissed him.

Flash hesitated, but accepted the kiss...

================================================================

"... after that, I never saw her again until only a few days ago, about the same time Twilight went on her adventure in the alternate world."

"Ok, I think I get your problem," Randy said, "You are saying you met Twilight before, and you kept referring to her as 'the mare' to keep me from finding out, and you feel offended that she forgot you and your kiss."

"Well... not exactly."

"Then what is it?!"

"You see, my problem is that the mare's name was...Fluttershy."

(To Be Continued...)