• Published 4th May 2014
  • 5,222 Views, 129 Comments

C-R-O-W-N-E-D S-O-U-L - Mordy



A human is transformed into Magolor Soul when he puts on the Master Crown. But when the Elements of Harmony are used on him he is reduced to a shadow of his former self. That doesn't stop him from seeking revenge!

  • ...
9
 129
 5,222

Interlude 2: The Watcher

C-R-O-W-N-E-D S-O-U-L
By: Mordy

Interlude 2: The Watcher

Celestia trotted into Luna’s room with a little yawn, interrupting her younger sister’s work. Luna was currently at her ebony desk with a dark purple crystal and a large vial that contained some black sludge that Celestia had never seen before.

Luna turned to acknowledge her as Celestia gave one more yawn. “Hello Lulu, I just stopped by to say goodnight.”

“May thy dreams be sweet dear sister. Though, pray tell what was thine emergency that made thou leave on such swift wings?” Luna inquired as she gently set the vial down with her magic.

Celestia chuckled. “Oh, just a slight emergency with my dear student, but all is well now.” Celestia’s thoughts were interrupted as she peered over at the contents Luna was looking through. She hummed as she walked over and Luna caught on that she had peaked Celestia’s curiosity. “Pray tell Lulu, what is all of this?”

Luna nodded and turned to the oddities on her desk. “Yes, something that was brought to our attention shortly after thou left. It seems this crystal was vandalized at a museum here in Canterlot.” Luna tapped said crystal with her silver clad hoof.

Celestia cocked her head in confusion. “Wouldn’t this task be better handled by the guard or local authorities?”

“That was our line of thinking as well. However, we were not contacted to find the perpetrator,” Luna picked up a shard of crystal to hold it up to the light as she said this. The fragment had light shining through it, making it no different than any other ordinary crystal.

The sun princess looked at the mundane crystal and then asked, “For what reasons were you contacted then and is there anything they wanted from me?

“Actually dear Tia,” Luna began as a mischievous grin spread on her face, “We were actually asked for specifically.”

Celestia blinked in surprise, but then smiled widely. “That’s wonderful Lulu! It’s nice to see that ponies are coming to rely on you now.”

“Indeed it is, we just wish it was under better circumstances,” Luna frowned as she said this and Celestia’s smile faltered at the sight.

“Whatever is the problem?”

“Tis best if we start from the beginning,” Luna started as she cleared her throat. It was a few quick coughs and a deep sigh before she spoke, “From what was claimed, this was what the mages referred to as a dark crystal. It has been in their possession for a long time and they said it was harder than diamond and completely indestructible, yet as far as they could tell it was completely unforgeable.” Luna glanced at the shattered remains of the crystal. “Does their boast seem odd to you, sister?”

Celestia nodded, “If what they said is true, then how is the crystal shattered. You said it was vandalism, but no ordinary hoodlum would be able to sneak in and break it, at least not quietly.”

“Exactly,” Luna agreed. “They told me just as much. Their top spell casters had tried everything from magic, to brute force, and they only learned it was harder than diamond by trying to cut it with a diamond. Amazingly, it cut the diamond instead. Quite fascinating…”

“I sense a ‘but’ coming.” Celestia leaned in.

“But… well just look.” Luna placed a shard before her and then placed her hoof over it, only to lightly put pressure on it and she ended up grinding it into dust.

“It’s so brittle…” Celestia gasped.

Luna nodded sadly. “Yes, tis as if it has lost all of its previous properties.” The lunar deity then snapped her head to look at the vial of black liquid with a slight scowl. Her eyes narrowed at it suspiciously. Celestia found the reaction a bit odd.

“And what does that have to do with this?” Celestia asked with a bit of unease as she motioned to the black liquid.

Luna didn’t take her eyes of the vial as she answered, “The reason we were personally asked to help. When they found the crystal with this strange goo it was leaking out of it. They had known that there were odd magical properties to the crystal and this apparently was what was giving it off. However, they were unable to discern anything from it except its strange reaction to light.”

Celestia’s interest perked up at that last statement. “What happened when it’s exposed to light?”

“This matter seemed to absorb any and all light, yet never seemed to become anymore illuminated. Tis like an abyss in liquid form.” Luna finally turned back to look at her sister.

“I assume that’s why they thought of you then?” Celestia wasn’t sure how to feel about that way of thinking. She’d prefer it if ponies didn’t see her beloved little sister as some dark brooding mare.

Luna merely nodded. “Yes, and tis a good thing they did. We have found some… disturbing similarities between it and us.” Celestia grew fearful as Luna continued to explain, “It has magic that is familiar to our time as… Nightmare.”

Celestia’s face paled at that statement, but Luna quickly dismissed her worry. “We said similar, not exactly alike. Thankfully the ambient magic seems nothing more than faint leftovers and is pretty much dead. It’s completely harmless as far as we can tell.”

“Well, that’s good then,” Celestia said with relief and a warm smile followed by a long yawn.

Luna stood up and stretched. “Ah sister, you look tired. Tis late and we have night court anyway. We will continue to study this later, but for now tis best if thou were to retire.”

Celestia let out a great big yawn and nodded in agreement. “You’re right, Lulu. I hope you have a wonderful night. I shall see you at dawn.” With that, Celestia nuzzled her sister and slowly dragged herself out of Luna’s room and off to bed.

The younger sister sighed wistfully, relishing the feeling of being home again with her beloved sister. It had been something she had missed dearly and hadn’t realized the full extent until becoming free from Nightmare Moon. She had been so blinded by her envy and thoughts of revenge that she didn’t know what she had until she was gone.

It was strange how it all began. It had been as though her darkest fears and thoughts started to whisper to her and unless she did something drastic to change the way things were she would be miserable for the rest of her existence. Thoughts such as she had no friends, she was inferior to her sister, or…

They will never love you…

Luna shook her head for a moment. That thought had almost seemed… it must have been her imagination. That had to be it… right?

She disregarded the feeling and started to walk out of her room. However, before she made it through the door, she stopped. Her wings flared for a moment and Luna did a one eighty and bared her teeth while her horn glowed. She turned to find the sight of… nothing. Luna could have sworn someone or something had been there… watching…

A few calming breaths and a deep sigh was all she needed before she eased up. The Lunar princess turned back to the door, casting one last glance at her room before trotting out.

Only when she had left did something change. Within the vial of dark matter many eyes suddenly opened, all of them staring out in different directions. Each had white sclera and a black pupil. At first they were opened wide, but then the eyes narrowed into a sinister gaze and focused their pupils on the door that Luna had left through.

They will only bring you pain…

Author's Note:

Another Interlude for you guys. I'll probably do these for Luna and Celestia or when I need a 3rd PoV.

Speak not the Watchers,
Draw not the Watchers,
Write not the Watchers,
Sculpt not the Watchers,
Sing not the Watchers,
Call not the Watchers' name.

Can you guess what I'm excited for?