• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,987 Views, 44 Comments

Fallout: Equestria -- One War to Another - LightningDash NLR



Being torn from your home world by some unknown reason and only finding the charred and irradiated remains of your favorite TV show world can be kind of stressful, but for Lyra Locke and her team of Misfit marines it's all about adjusting and helping

  • ...
14
 44
 1,987

Chapter 6: Mutations and Heroics.

Jordan’s P.O.V
A female scream echoed in the halls behind us and that is when I finally noticed that Lyra was NOT with us.
“OH FUCK, PETER WE LEFT LYRA BEHIND!” I screamed in horror and spun around, quickly shooting down the halls back towards the package room.
As soon as I charged back through the door I was met with a horrible sight, Lyra was screaming and trying to dislodge a feral ghoul that was currently tearing through her neck.

Lyra herself was desperately trying to remove the creature, hitting it in the ribs with her elbow and head butting the ghoul as it bites into her, her attempts were in vain because it had the better grip and she was starting to lose consciousness.
In an instant I had pulled my knife out and charged at it, once within range I slammed the knife through the ghouls head, it’s glowing, rotten blood oozing out and soaked Lyra’s hair and face, with some dripping into the wound itself.
Horrified out of my mind I charged forwards, catching the falling woman, bleeding heavily from the neck, soaking my hands with her blood, and lay her on the ground.
“Lyra are you ok?!” I asked checking for any more signs of injury, finding none I looked into her eyes, she looked back into mine with panic.
She coughed and sputtered before managing to wheeze out “Get… the... healing… potion.” she blacked out half a second later.

“Shit!” I shouted.
Acting on impulse I opened her bag and rummaged through her personal items and equipment, until I found a small bottle filled with a dark purple liquid, I spied the putrid ghoul blood sinking into her open wound, so I grabbed my canteen and turned her over, I poured water into the wound, cleaning the wound of dirt and ghoul blood, after a few seconds of checking for dirt I grabbed a sterilised rag from my side pocket and put it into the bite to try to slow the blood loss.

I remembered what she said, that there was a healing potion in her backpack, seeing as that bottle was the only thing in there I decided to trust it and popped of the lid and poured the potion into her mouth, helping her swallow it by rubbing her throat with my thumb.
I watched in amazement as the potion took effect the wound had started to close right before my eyes.

“Whoa…” was all I could say. Peter ran into the room panting.

“Sorry a one of them grabbed me in the hall after you shouted and…” he stopped talking as he noticed the wounded Lieutenant in my arms. “LYRA!” he called out in shock, he instantly ran over to the downed lieutenant “Is she ok?” he asked me. I only shook my head.

“I have no idea, err she was bitten on the neck by that motherfucker on the ground there, her neck is healed by some healing magical potion that she had found at some point, but that ghoul bled into the wound and… well I don’t know what the fuck is going to happen to the poor girl now.” I didn’t know if this was contagious, if she was going to become one of them or die of a disease from the initial bite so I had no idea what else to tell him.

Peter looked worried and started to shake her gently, while I got my radio and contacted Kieran.
“Oi Kieran, I think Peter cleared the doorway that was covered in ghouls, so get your arse here right now and also don’t forget to bring my brothers scraggly backside too… it’s Lyra, she’s down.”
Kieran replies instantly “Lyra is down? Could you repeat that?”
“Yes Kieran, Lyra is down, one of the bastards got her neck, I have used a potion and her wounds have mostly healed but she is still out cold.” I replied, Peter looked at me with a worried look as Kieran’s reply came. “We will be there soon!”
I looked over to Lyra on the floor, Peter picked her up and was walking her out towards the door.
I suggested we both walked her out with a weapon raised, so we don’t have to deal with one of us being defenceless, In response Peter lowered her to his right and held her up that way, with his pistol in his left hand.

I grabbed her from the left and held my gun in the right hand, that way we were both using our good hands and are more accurate.

“Peter, let’s get to the others.” I said and we began to jog forwards, making sure the woman in our arms was securely held along the way.
We met up with Nathan and Kieran in one of the cleared corridors of this building, they both saw the amount of blood that stained Lyra’s armour and sleeve.

“She lost a lot of blood.” Nathan said, his voice full of concern.
We were heading towards the lobby to leave this place, when suddenly Lyra projectile vomited, spraying some of the corridor in front of us, the vomit itself was vile, it was bright yellow and glowing as well as giving off a radiation reading.
In shock and minor horror we dropped her, she hit the ground with a loud thump, luckily avoiding the vomit, she woke with a start and looked around.
She coughed heavily then threw up again, her eyes widened with horror when she saw what she was puking, she looked at us and all we could do was stare, dumbstruck by this surprising turn of events, as she spoke.
“What the fuck is happening!” she cried before clutching her stomach and having another coughing fit.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her onto her feet, putting her arm over my shoulder like before, Peter grabbed her other side once again and we began to jog quickly towards the lobby. Once there we would be able to treat her properly for her sickness.
We got to the lobby Nathan and Kieran ran and closed the doors at the side of the rooms that led to the corridors, Nathan then ran and locked the front door.

“Put…me down.” Lyra slurred, barely conscious.

We put her on the floor behind the counter, she threw up again but had managed to grab one of the old mini bins that were under the counter, she looked at me for a second before she fell back and passed out again.
I grabbed her bag looked for anything that may lead to her recovery, The answer was a small orange packet with a straw poking out ‘Rad away’ was written on the front in pencil.
I grabbed Lyra’s arm to look at her pip-buck checking her health menu.
Her radiation level was on 964 and she had critical radiation poisoning, which meant if that creature had held her for much longer she would have died.

“HOLY FUCK!” I shouted in a panic, waking her up.
“What?” she moaned, with her eyes still closed, I put the straw in her mouth and her eyes shot open.
“Drink this or you are going to die!” I said. In response to this she stared at me with a mortified expression, she started sucking all the liquid out of the packet rapidly.

“I feel a little better.” She said when she had finished, I wasn’t paying attention and checked the menu again. 731 just out of ‘critical’ and into the ‘Advanced’ radiation level.
“Do you have any more Rad away Lyra?” I asked, she nodded at me.

“Pass me back my bag... I’ll find them.” She said groggily. I gave her the bag, she pulled out another 4 packets.
“Ok, let’s see how bad I need these.” She smiled and looked at me, that was when I notices something, something that caused my eyes to open wide with shock, her eyes had been mutated, the iris had changed to orange, not only that but her eyes were glowing the same colour. I didn’t say a word, knowing that right now it would horrify her and I did not want her to worry, so instead I stood up nodded and went to stand guard in front of the counter. “Jesus Christ!” I muttered, as I leaned against the counter, and shook my head.
Lyra’s P.O.V
I felt like shit. My eyes burned, my neck was killing me and my stomach was doing somersaults. I looked at the pip-buck screen to check how much radiation I had now, I saw that the amount of radiation I had absorbed was in deep orange, at 731 out of a possible 1000. I looked to the list to see how sick I was. ‘Advanced radiation poisoning’ was highlighted.
“Fuck.” I Grabbed the rad away’s and drank one. For some strange reason it tasted like a sour orange, I took a look back to the screen and saw that my radiation poisoning was still advanced.
I groaned and drank another; a small message popped up with a picture of a happy pony in my eyesight, for a second I thought I was seeing things then remembered the pip-buck probably did it, a message popped up with the image. ‘You no longer have advanced radiation sickness.’ then suddenly, it was replaced with a suffering pony. ‘You now are sick with minor radiation poisoning’ I sighed and drank the other 2 rapidly, just after I finished the final rad away my eyesight blurred for a few seconds before focusing again, I looked around and noticed it was suddenly much darker.
The message appeared again. ‘You no longer have minor radiation poisoning’ I smiled, but then I was confused when it was replaced by a sad pony ‘Night sight unavailable’ was written next to it.

I was alarmed by the message but decided It was not important at that moment. I shot up and jumped over the counter, I landed next to Jordan, who jumped at my sudden appearance.

“Feeling better?” he asked, I nodded and then sighed.
“That was bad… and I regret my actions now, but I thought you guys would follow.” I laughed then looked over. “Thanks for coming back though.” I said with a smile.
He looked at me directly into my eyes, with a minor wince, then grinned.

“Its ok. And I am really sorry about leaving you behind, you were right at my side and I never noticed you break off.” I waved off his apology and hopped back over the counter to grab my bag.
“I want to leave this place as soon as possible, so go tell the others I ordered them to get their shit together and be ready to leave ASAP.” I ordered, he nodded and walked over to get the others ready to leave. I turned on the radio and listened in. It was time for the news broadcast.
“Ok kiddies, I have some news for you. You know those mares’ tales your mother used to tell you about all those old mythical creatures out there? Well it turns out some were actually true! I have reports from the ponies of New Appleoosa that real Human beings have been confirmed to exist in the equestrian wasteland, and they seem like a friendly bunch too. The ponies that had ‘accidentally’ shot down their air vehicle outside the town were very surprised to find them. Instead of Enclave personnel clambering out of the vehicle, they met the humans, who were trying to run for the hills. Even after all that the humans FORGAVE the towns folk and left the town a few hours later. Seems like New Appaloosa is popping up with all kinds of new things; first, the Stable Dweller, now real humans. Speaking of the Stable Dweller, she is currently celebrating her successful escape from Fillydelphia with a new zebra friend and because of that my voice can finally be heard in that hell hole. Take that Red eye! And now here’s Velvet Remedy singing.“

I cut off the radio, completely surprised. ‘How the fuck can he know about us so fast?!’ I thought, I realised that the others needed to know this, so I ran around to where the guys were to tell them. Just as I was about to speak Peter stopped me by showing his pistol in my mouth.
I cried out in alarm and fell backwards, landing on my ass. Peter towered over me and held the gun towards my head, I was terrified, Peter was going to shoot me, he began to pull the trigger when Nathan punched the gun out of his hands and grabbed the taller soldier by his chest staring into his eyes, with a fire I have never seen before from the young man.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!” Nathan screamed at him. Peter glared at me and saw my face, Scrunched up in horror, shock, betrayal and fear.
“You said she became one of them Jordan!” he spun pointing at him.
“I said her eyes are glowing, not that she…” he tried to counter, but I interrupted him in a panic. “MY EYES ARE GLOWING!?” I started, stood up and screamed, the shock of the Ghoul earlier, Peter nearly blowing my brain out and the news that my eyes were glowing was too much for me to deal with at once, I was about to scream again when Nathan shook me, I looked at him, he was looking at me with a reassuring look.
“Calm down.” He said and patted my shoulder. Peter got his gun back from the floor and holstered it.

“I'm sorry, Lyra...” He said solemnly, walked out the door and waited on the road.
I looked to Jordan and said: “So that’s what my pip-buck meant about Night sight then… my eyes are mutated… son of a bitch!” I was horrified to learn that within the few hours that I was in the equestrian wasteland, I had become one of the most fucked up humans in our species' history.

Jordan helped me walk to the door as I was in a state of shock. I looked over my shoulder and saw Nathan and Kieran giving each other a worried glance. I shook myself awake and stepped away from Jordan.
“I’m good, thanks though.” I said and stepped out into the open air, I walked over to Peter who was staring off in the direction we needed to go.

“So, where are we going now?” he asked.

I gasped and put my hand in the air “That is what I was going to tell you when… that happened… but anyway. I checked the radio and apparently we are already known by the locals, also the mare we are looking for is on her way to Manehatten too, so we need to hurry ok, because if she leaves for another fucking job, we will be left with empty hands, until she comes back, so let’s bloody move!” by saying that I got a cheer from the others and we all began to jog towards the distant city. We ran for about 2 miles before we needed to rest, so I decided we would walk for the rest of the way.

“Ok, ok jogging wasn’t a great idea, so we are going to walk there. I think have enough time to get there before she leaves as long as we walk quickly.” I said, getting nods from the others. After we counted up our ammo, I found that I had 547 bullets for my rifle and 174 for my pistol, I haven’t used my shotgun attachment yet. So I still had 72 shells.

“Ok, let’s go.” I said and we began walking. I pulled my helmet off my duffle bag and looked at it, the tech visor is the newest addition to the military arsenal, It outlines enemies and has a small range motion sensor, I forgot that I had the helmet, so after a brief check of its condition I put it on and activated the visor, the additional radar added to the HUD from the pip-buck made it really easy for me to judge distance and height.

A few minutes of walking later, I saw a small camp, There were 3 camp fires in barrels and multiple hung up pony corpses, the sight of the ponies hung up like decorations made me sick.
I crouched low and ordered the others to follow me.
We moved over to the side of the road. Kieran gave me his sniper and let me take a look, there were about 12 ponies around the camp, with tattered leather armour, covered in blood. I saw a cage built out of steel bars in the middle of the camp. Inside that cage was a sight that made me grit my teeth in anger. There were ponies in there 3 adults and 12 foals.

“Marines, we got some kidnapping over there, I guess from what those fuckers are wearing and the ‘beautiful’ decorations they have scattered around means they are raiders.” I took another look and saw one of the foals get whipped on the back. We heard the scream from our position.
“The motherfuckers are hurting children!” I threw Kieran’s rifle back to him and pulled out my own.
“Turn on your walkie-talkies and get ready, everyone got a silent weapon?” I got nods from everyone. “Good. Use them, this is a stealth rescue, and if we are noticed by the raiders they might hurt the hostages, so we need to secure the perimeter around the hostages first.” I looked to Kieran.
“Kieran, you are going to stay here and I will radio you with targets.”
I looked to the others. “Me and peter are going left, the brothers will go right.”

“Yes, ma’am.” they said and then we all separated.

I and Peter went to the camp's left side; I pulled my pistol out and turned on the laser sight. I listened for movement at the wall and heard some of the raiders talking.
“So you hear about those humans on the radio then?” a stallion said, a mare spoke back: “Yeah but it’s a load of shit. Humans don’t exist, that’s final. Now shut up! We are going to have some fun with that unicorn filly now, so come on!” she said and they walked out of the shack we were leaning against.

“I’m stopping those plans bitch.” I whispered and moved to the edge, where I could see them clearly. I took aim and silently dispatched both of them with a head shot each. Their falls were anything but silent, as they landed on a piece of sheet metal creating a loud crash.

“Fuck!” Peter muttered next to me, as a mare began to walk over, she saw the bodies and pulled out a whistle, her head exploded suddenly ending her warning before it could even begin.

“Thanks, Kieran.” I spoke into the radio.

“Welcome.” He replied, with a chuckle.

“Nathan, where are you?” Peter asked, looking past his cover deeper into the camp.

Nathan answered in a whisper “3 raiders in our way, sitting and drinking some alcohol. I can’t see any others, so me and Jordan are clearing them out.” We heard some silenced shots over the radio. “Now, all clear.” He chuckled at the end.
I gestured for us to move forwards with my hand, me and Peter walked into the camp, I used the motion tracker and the HUD, following the blips to the some raiders who were asleep.

“I feel like a bastard doing this.” I whispered to Peter as we went to work, cutting their throats while they slept.
“That’s 10. 2 left.” I said to Peter and through the radio to the others.
“I counteract that, there is only one left, the guard on the roof is missing a brain.” Kieran said with a cold tone. The last raider is the one with the whip near the cage.

“I recommend simply shooting the fucker. I have visual on him but I can’t get a clear shot.” I ordered to everyone as Peter and I walked out the door of the sleeping quarters and snuck around the cage. Every single pony was staring at us, while we were sneaking past, a little filly was going to say something, but I shushed her with a finger to the lips. The ponies all nodded back to me and looked to the raider.
I crept closer, until I was on the corner of the cage, the closest to the raider and Peter was at the other side. He walked around the corner, getting the attention of the whip wielding raider.

“Hello! May I please distract you for a moment?” he asked as I slipped behind the raider.
“You want to die mutant?” The raider giggled evilly and swung the whip in a combat ready stance.
I patted him on the shoulder.

“Nope, you do!” I cried out and stuck the military knife into his skull. He hit the ground with a thump and I turned to Peter. “Please may I distract you for a moment?” I laughed “Really?” he nodded.

“Hey it worked didn’t it?” he said and we turned to the captive ponies.

“So do you know which one of these bastards had the key?” I asked and they shook their heads.

“Well looks like we are going to search the bodies then.” Peter said and searched the whip raider. He had some bottle caps and a hat but no key.
I walked back to the bunk house while Peter waved Nathan and Jordan over; they emerged with a bag jingling loudly. I stopped and turned to them.

“What the hell is in the bag?” I asked and Nathan called back to me.

“I searched the raiders we killed, they had some caps and shitty weapons we can sell or take the parts for...” I waved to them and walked in the bunkhouse.
As soon as I had walked through the door Kieran spoke over the radio.
“Oh shit, everybody hide, we got a returning party of raiders coming back with some captured locals about 3 in total. There are 7 raiders and one of looks like the leader, from the way he keeps hitting the others, so he might have the key.”

I saw Nathan and Peter drag the body of the whip raider away with them behind the cage. Jordan burst through the door and dived past me and hid behind a desk, I did the same and we waited together.

“They have found the bodies… the search parties are already searching for you, everyone be ready, I will take out the leader as soon as possible then I need you to take them all out.” As soon as he finished talking 2 raiders ran through the open door, me and Jordan leaned down more and held our breath.
“Fuck! Everypony in here is dead too, I am going to kill who ever fucking did this!” an earth pony stallion shouted, furiously.
The unicorn mare next to him sniffed the air. She looked towards the desk, right at us.
“There!” she shouted and pointed at us, me and Jordan shot up in an instant, I fired my shotgun Into her face while Jordan blew the head off of the stallion, they never even got to aim their guns at us.

???????“Fuck, you’ve been spotted!” Kieran warned. I saw the leader, who shouted his last order, before he fall dead on the ground with a sniper rifle round in his throat that ended his reign.

“They are all heading for you in the bunk house!” Peter said over the radio.
“We’re coming.” Nathan called.
I heard gunshots and saw three of the ponies outside the door falling over while the forth dove inside.
“Fuck! Goddesses dammit!” he called out and levitated his gun back to him, while grabbing multiple grenades.

I shot up and used S.A.T.S. Using it caused time to slow to a crawl and I lined up my shots, 3 to the head and one to the heart, he bit the dust without a sound.

I ran out of the bunk house, leaving Jordan, and went to check on the captured ponies. They all looked up at me in fear.

“DON’T EAT US!” the filly of the group called out and hid under her father. Both parents looked just as scared as she did.

“Jesus Christ, what the fuck did those assholes do to you?” I asked as I cut through the ropes that were holding them there. They looked at me with confused looks.

“You aren’t going to kill us?” her father, the green unicorn asked and I shook my head.

“We help, not harm.” I said simply and he smiled. He and his family sat in a huddle on the floor as I walked over to the raiders' leader. His throat was nothing but a pile of gore.

“Eww jeez... seeing this is fucking disgusting.” I reached into his pockets and found lots of caps, a weird pistol and a key. I also found some little boxes that my pip-buck identified as magical energy cells. I put them in my empty ammo pocket, and put the pistol in my leg holster, the one I used for my desert eagle, which I left back in our world.
I skipped over to the cage and tried the key, it opened and I was bombarded with multiple pony foals hugging me. I was flabbergasted by the amount of praise I was receiving, I had never expected it. I looked over to the ponies in the back of the cage who were smiling at me.

“Are you the Stable Dweller?” they asked me. I shook my head.
“Nah that honour is taken by a mare. Don’t thank just me, friends did a great job too. ” I said humbly.

I looked at the foals grabbing my legs they all looked up at me smiling, despite their cuts and bruises they were the most adorable things I had ever laid my eyes upon in person. Their large grateful eyes melted my soul.

“Err thanks for the hugging kids but can I have my legs back now please?” I joked.
They backed away smiling. I smiled back and then left to talk to Nathan and Peter. Jordan had left to get Kieran.

“So what now? What are we going to do with them?” I said and gestured to the pony family then the ones in the cage. Peter looked over then walked in between both pony groups.

“OK PONIES!” he hollered, getting the all of the attention. “Do you where you can get to safety?” one of the small fillies from the cage walked up to him. I walked closer as she spoke.

“The raiders killed everypony in our town, leaving only us… we have nowhere to go.” I nearly started crying, the horror I felt in my heart made me so internally glad that the raiders were dead. I held the tears back and walked to the family.

“What about you… do you know anywhere these ponies can go?” they looked up and the mare, a black earth pony spoke up.

“There is a town up the road, a couple of miles away, called New Appaloosa. They take a few ponies in now and then.” I sighed with a little relief and a little disappointment.

“Yes, I know that place… Would you lead them there? I will give you this pistol for the trip. We would take them but we are heading the other way.” She nodded and so did the other ponies.

“We live past there and were heading that way. We will also search the raiders for weapons we may need, so don't worry about us.” I thanked them before looking at them coldly.

“You are very generous and I thank you for taking them, but I must warn you, if you harm them or betray them we will come back for you… just to let you know.” The adult ponies nodded honestly and I nodded back, then I walked to the others and spoke loud and clear.

“Ok, these ponies over here have arranged to take you with them to New Appaloosa. There you will be free to do whatever you want. Take anything you need from the raiders equipment, then meet at the road, us humans will see you off and we wish you good luck. We apologise that we cannot take you there ourselves but we are in a rush to Manehatten.” They nodded and thanked.
Jordan and Kieran arrived looking around.

“So are we taking them somewhere?” Jordan asked. I shook my head.

“No they are all heading off to New Appaloosa, while we carry on towards the city.” I looked back and saw the ponies had finished raiding already, some of them had rifles and knives, while others had more basic weapons like pipes. They walked past us waving goodbyes as they left. After they were all gone Peter, Jordan, Nathan and Kieran walked up to me.

“Great work lets bloody hurry before we miss, Littlepip!” I ordered and we departed quickly. I took a quick look back at the camp. That was our first wasteland heroics and I felt pretty good. I smirked to myself and quickly ran to catch up with my friends.

“So, that was pretty eventful and now I feel really good about myself, what about you guys?” I asked with a smile as I caught up.
Nathan was the first to answer. “That felt better than any of our previous rescues from back on Earth… that gratitude was the warmest thing I've experienced.” he smiled as he said that, Kieran was the next to answer.

“I have to agree with Nathan here, I have never seen anyone that relieved before anthro ponies or not those were nice people we saved.” He smirked as he said ‘anthro ponies’ and chuckled after he finished.

“Yup, I do feel really good about what we just did, and hope they all have a great life ahead of them.” Peter said truthfully.
Jordan just chuckled and patted my back.

A few hours later we crossed over a large hill on the road, at the top we looked over and saw the large destroyed city in the distance. It made my heart ache as I could clearly picture the glory this place once had. Peter suddenly pointed out and shouted.

“There the building that’s lit up. That must be the tower.” I smiled and quickly turned on the radio. I heard the end of a song before DJ PON-3 began the broadcast.

“Hello children, here’s the news. The Stable Dweller is here in Ten pony for some well-earned rest after her escape from a hell hound infested hell hole earlier today, but now those humans we all been hearing about have shown signs of being, yep you guessed it, REAL heroes. There have been confirmed reports that the human soldiers lead by a Miss Lyra Locke have defeated a whole Raider camp and saved a lot of ponies today, so look out Raiders and Slavers out there.??????????????????? It looks like the wasteland is throwing everything she has at you guys now, and now for a public wasteland safety bulletin.” I quickly had an idea and grabbed my radio, then turned to Keiran.

“Kieran, can you hack into the signal of the Ten pony broadcast?” I asked, he jumped then smirked.

“Yes, but why? What’s the plan?”
“The DJ said that the Stable dweller is AT the tower now, which means If I can talk to him maybe we can delay her from leaving and give us some more time to get there!” I smiled at him and he nodded. Keiran got his hacking device and he began to turn the knobs and dials for a few seconds. He then threw me the box.
“Signal’s tapped. Plug that to your radio to get access to the signal, it used to be a military emergency broadcast station, so it was easy to hack into.”
I plugged the device into my radio.

“Hello?” I spoke into the microphone DJ PON-3 instantly went quiet, everyone turned on the radio to listen in.
“DJ PON-3?” I asked and he replied, sounding confused and surprised.

“Hello! Who the hay is this and how are you talking to me live on air?” DJ asked me.

“Human ingenuity, which I won’t reveal. I asking that you need to keep the Stable Dweller at Ten pony for as long as possible. I NEED to talk to her.” DJ replied:

“Fine. Are you Lyra by any means?” he asked. I looked over to Nathan who was staring in shock.

“Yes, I am. I need to talk to Littlepip, so please keep her there, me and my friends will be there soon.” He replied a few seconds later.

“Sure, I will try… err do you think that on some of my broadcasts we can have talks to keep the world in the new, while you are travelling Miss Locke?” I laughed and answered.

“Fine sure but I will like to have our first chat in person… or is it in pony here? Well anyway, Good bye DJ! I will see you soon!” I ceased the radio transmit icon and listened in to hear his reply.

“Well you heard it here folks. The humans have tech that can get into my systems, so I will be talking to her soon. And now some music.” As some upbeat music came on I turned off the radio, and got a slap across the cheek.

“Damn it, woman! What the hell were you thinking?” Nathan said in a stereotypical black American accent as I rubbed my cheek. We both started laughing, the laughter soon spread to the others as we began walking towards the city where our mission begins.


Level up.
New perks: Lyra.
Night sight: your tragic turn of events with the glowing ghoul has had an effect on your body. Your eyes have now mutated and when you are sick with radiation sickness, you'll be able to see in the dark clearly. Your eye whites are permanently tinted orange, which might lead to mixed results.
DJ talkie: You can now speak to the word of the wastes DJ PON-3. Luck increased by 1, speech increased by 5.
Wasteland hero: your title is now known around the wastes. Keep up the good work and ponies will come to like you.
Skill Increase: Jordan
Medicine + 10
Melee + 5
S.P.E.C.I.A.L Increase: Peter
Charisma + 1
New Perks: Peter

Almost Betrayal. Your terrible choice, when dealing with an ally’s mutation has led to a large amount of guilt that you cannot get over. Speech – 4, barter – 1.

Skill Increase: Kieran
Guns + 1

Skill Increase: Nathan
Sneak + 2