• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,987 Views, 44 Comments

Fallout: Equestria -- One War to Another - LightningDash NLR



Being torn from your home world by some unknown reason and only finding the charred and irradiated remains of your favorite TV show world can be kind of stressful, but for Lyra Locke and her team of Misfit marines it's all about adjusting and helping

  • ...
14
 44
 1,987

Chapter 8: Nightmares and Ten Pony

Author's Note:

Just so everyone knows, all humans mentioned in this story are real people. and all are just as random as real life, I hope you enjoy reading and I love you all.


P.s Sorry for the huge delay in uploads... life has been a littttttttlllee poop lately, I will try to upload more as soon as i can, enjoy!

Chapter 8: Nightmares and Shopping.

I looked around, I was in a House, it wasn’t destroyed in fact it was quite nicely decorated, I recognised it instantly.
“I’m at home, home….” I gasped and turned around, looking at the photos above the small fireplace to make sure.
It was a little different than the last time I remembered, there were some pictures missing. It took me a good few seconds to realise which ones were. Only the newest ones were missing, my first day at basic training, my picture of me, my mother, my two sisters and my girlfriend all smiling is also gone, as well as a lot of my high school pictures.

“I wonder where they all are…” I looked around my living room, now noticing the curtains closed and it being mostly dark, I nervously walked to the door and looked out into the hall. I caught my reflection in the mirror; I looked horrible, my eyes glowing in the dark and dirt covering my face.
“Oh Jesus Christ you need a bath.” I sighed and rubbed my forehead, I noticed I still had the pip-buck, I checked the map and it actually had my home address in highlighted in my current location. I heard a noise coming from my kitchen.
I decided to sneak up to the kitchen door. When I got there I peeked in, inside was my whole family, My mother, both sisters, grandparents and even my father and his new family, which shocked me as he never is seen with my mother ever. I looked at them and noticed they all were crying.
I was getting worried so I called out. “Mum, Dad? What’s wrong?” not a single person responded. I took a few steps inside and tapped my Nan’s shoulder, to my horror my finger went right inside her.
“I can’t believe she’s gone.” It’s the first thing I heard any of them say, and it came from a voice I didn’t expect, I peeked over my nan’s shoulder and saw the speaker, my little niece, Macie.

My older sister Charlotte reached over and hugged her.
I looked up at my mother and followed her gaze, my eyes fixed on what they were all staring at. It was a shrine, to me. A newspaper clipping above it with the picture my CO had taken before we had taken off in the helicopter, written above.

‘New Military helicopter declared failure after first ended up in KIA of all Operators with no wreckage recovered’ it then had our names written below. I looked and saw all the photos of me positioned around the shrine with my birth certificate in a frame. I felt my heart sink as tears entered my eyes; they all thought I was dead. And all of them were suffering, I didn't care if this was some kind of vision or a nightmare, I needed to talk to them, let them know I wasn't dead.
“Oh god, MUM, DAD I’m NOT DEAD IM RIGHT HERE!” I waved my arms around desperately trying to get any of their attention. I was in desperate panic moving from each member of my family, trying to get any of them to pay attention to me.
“NAN, GRANDAD, CHARLOTTE, DAD, MACIE, ALFIE, MUM, TAMZIN, SOPHIE! SOMEBODY HEAR ME!!!” I broke down falling to my knees, with each and every one of the people I cared for the most unable to hear any of it.
“They can’t hear you, you know that don’t you?” a deep male slightly creepy voice said from behind me, I turned around slowly and looked up, there before me now, was a skeleton pony shuffling a deck of cards, though how he seemed to smile at me creepily is unknown, it still shook me to my very core.
“What the fuck are you?” I said standing up, I was now completely shaken inside, shaking physically too, fists raised defensively.

The skeletal Pony grinned at me. “That does not concern you, what does, I presume, is what is around you now.” He smirks at me; it was honestly starting to piss me off more than scare me.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right there…why the fuck am I seeing my family?!” I yelled and pointed at him.
His reply was the most cruel thing I have ever heard “So you will suffer and learn from your suffering.” He said that so casually that I just froze, stared at him for a solid 12 seconds, as my blood began to boil.

“You, only did this, to make me suffer!?” I ground my teeth together and clenched my fists to hard that my leather gloves began to strain. “YOU FUCKING BASTARD!” I screamed and ran at him, he disappeared as I swung my fist at him, and I punched through one of my kitchen cupboards, pain spread through my entire arm and I screamed with agony.

The skeletal bastard began to laugh behind me. “My, my, dear Human you have more anger in you than even Blackjack has against me.” He smirked again which refueled my anger. I tore my arm back out of the cupboard door and ran at him again. He grabbed me by my throat and held me up. I was being choked and began to flail my legs as I tried to get free. He smiled. “I believe that you are going to be just as fun to mess with as Blackjack is.” That was followed by him throwing me through my kitchen window; I fell down darkness consuming me the last thing I see is his skeletal hands shuffling more cards and hear his dark laughter before darkness takes over everything.

***********
I shot awake screaming. I instantly looked around the room rapidly, checking for any signs of the skeletal dealer at all. Finding no trace I finally focused on where I was, and it was not where I had been last I remembered. I saw some kind of medical equipment near me so I guessed I am in a doctor’s lab or a hospital.

“Hey, you’re awake that’s good.” A male voice to my left said, I turned my head to look at him rapidly, he was a kind looking doctor with a good smile. “I am Doctor Helping Hoof, you gave us quite a scare.”

I sighed and calmed down a little but was still shaking all over. “What happened?” I asked weakly. He showed a glass jar with a piece of metal in.
“That was in the back of your head, it had ricocheted off the ground and up under your helmet. It severed a nerve so you could not feel it and it caused you to pass out from blood loss. Little Pip brought you to me quickly and because of her speed in doing so we managed to stop the bleeding in time. Unfortunately you were left unconscious because we had no blood bags that would not kill you.” He looked a little guilty as he confessed that, and I had to stop that immediately.

“No I’m a weird race you have never seen before, it’s okay. But how come I am awake now?” I rubbed my forehead and sat up in a more comfortable position.

Helping hoof points to a blood pack hanging above me “Your friends arrived, and they donated some, which we then converted to your blood type and pumped into you.” He sounded satisfied with himself now.
I thought to myself. ‘OH good! Nathan and the others made it, that’s good news I needed after that horror’ I then sighed and looked at the doctor. “Did Littlepip and the others …leave yet?” I was worried about his response being ‘yes’ so I felt my pulse start to elevate. He noticed my increasing pulse on the heart monitor and quickly responded.

“No they didn’t leave you. Velvet Remedy said they were going to wait for you to get out before talking about their plans more.” He smiled at me and I started to calm down again.
“Thanks, I…thanks ok, I needed some good news, yay for health.” I smiled weakly. He looked down then up again, looking right into my eyes.

“I was really worried about you before, you nearly had a heart attack in your sleep. What were you dreaming of if I may ask?” he sounded only reassuring but I was not sharing that horrible dream, not yet at least.
I shook my head and sighed. “I’d rather not talk about it, okay? It was just a bad dream.” I rubbed my temple to ease my stress a little.

“Okay, it’s up to you. You should rest now.” He said and turned to a machine, he began to write some things down.

I sat up more and hung my legs over the bed, I realised I was only in my T-Shirt and Pants, my boots socks main shirt and armour was gone, as well as my backpack. “Where is my stuff?” I asked him a little confused as why my shoes are gone.

He looks at me “why, I hope you are not planning on going anywhere.” He sounds commanding, but I know I am ok.
“Yeah I have to find my friends and I mean right now. Don’t worry I know I’ll be fine I have had worse than a metal shard in my head.” I spoke calmly and surely. “Now can you tell me where the hell my boots are?” he looked at me and chuckled.

“Your friends took them and most of your clothes to wash them. Velvet changed you into the clean clothes from your bag as your other ones are…really badly blood soaked.” He shrugged and sighs. “you should stay here for a while and rest.” He sounded very determined to keep me here, but I am not one to follow doctor’s advice. So In less than 10 seconds had unhooked myself from his machines and stood up.

“No Doctor, I can’t stay here cooped up, I have stuff to do.” He was about to protest when I put my finger over his mouth. “Don’t try to protest, I won’t listen as I have WAY too much to do.” His response was a sigh and pointing at a corner of the room.

“You’re spare boots are there, from your bag, go ahead then just don’t say I didn't warn you.” I watched as he shook his head and walked to the other side of the room.

“Noted Doctor, and I apologise for not being able to respect your advice at this time.” I made sure to sound formal as I picked up my boots and began to put them on with new socks. I did really believe that I should still be in the bed right that second, but I had to the others to find out if they are ok or not. Then I will need to talk with Pip more about what we can do for each other.
Helping Hoof came towards me again and holds out a syringe. “Take this Med-X if you start to feel any pain in your neck or head, Okay?” I nodded and smiled.
“Yes Doctor that advice I am glad to follow.” I start chuckling and he smiles at me.

“Good thing that is the case or you would be sore for hours.” He said with a kind, yet serious, smile.
I stared into his eyes for a few seconds before looking down as I tied the lases of my boots, once tied I stood up and tapped my feet on the floor to get comfortable then I made my way out of the clinic.
The lights were slightly brighter outside the clinic than I expected and It gave me a headache. “….oh perfect.” I muttered and covered my eyes while the pain receded. When it finally stopped I looked around to look for any clues to where my friends could be.
I rubbed my neck and felt some stitches. I realised how large the cut must have been and shiver.
“Up already? My, my, you are surprising Miss Locke.” A voice said behind me, my jumpiness from my dream returning made me spin around with a yelp, which then caused me to lose my footing and land on my back on the hard ground.

I slowly fought to slow my heart beat down and looked up at who had surprised me. I saw Velvet Remedy Looking down at me with her hands over her mouth, she looked like she was speaking but I could only hear a whistle at the time, my hearing slowly returned just to hear her finish her sentence.

“-and that is why I was waiting for you.” She finished and offered her hand for me to take, I took it and she helped me up.

“I…Did not hear any of what you said Velvet…what’s going on?” I asked rubbing my forehead.
She looked at me confused then sighed. “I said that I was terribly sorry that I scared you and that I hope you are ok, Then I said that I was waiting outside for you because you would get lost, I honestly expected you in another 4 hours at least…you surprised me.” She patted my back with a smirk.

I shook my head and looked at her. “…yeah well I am a surprising girl.” I looked at the floor then back up at her. “..so…where to?” I asked with a forced smile. I had decided to keep my terrible mood away from the others now by pretending to be just as happy as before. I hoped it would work.
Velvet nods at me then points to the far side of the hall. “The rest of the shopping team are over there.” She said and patted my back.
“What do you mean shopping team?” I asked with a chuckle before looking out to where she had pointed.
There was a railing in my way but I thought I could see a helmet peeking over the top, which meant that was definitely Peter, as he is the only one taller than the railing. I was snapped back to reality by Velvet answering my question.
“The shopping team, yes. It is a small group of good barterers that are going to haggle with the Stall managers. Usually that is just me but now, apparently your friends are rather good at haggling according to…Nathan.” She smiled at me and led me towards them.

I shook my head with a small smile as I followed her, when I rounded the corner and came into view of who was there, which was Peter and Nathan. Upon seeing me Nathan ran over with a smile.
“HEY there you are!” he called out and tackled me in a hug, which I was not prepared for and we both ended up falling backwards.

Velvet stood over us with a mocking smile. “It seems falling down is one of your strong points Lyra.” She chuckled and offered us both a hand. I again took it and she pulled me up then she repeated with Nathan, who was blushing very deeply.
“Sorry about that Lieutenant.” He said and rubbed his neck, I reached over and bopped him on the head with my fist.
“All’s forgiven elf boy, just don’t do that again, please.” My voice cracked without me expecting it and that got the attention of all 3 of them.
Peter walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. “Hey, you’re alright aren't you?”

“I’M FINE!” I suddenly yelled and backed away from him in a sudden burst of panic. This caused him to charge forwards in alarm and grab my arm. In response to this I shook my arm away from his and reversed a good few steps, my back hit someone and I jumped, spinning around with my fist first and punching who was there in the face.

It turned out to be Nathan who had tried to grab me from behind to stop me running away and hurting myself.
Now he was falling down onto the ground with a red fist mark in his cheek.The regret from my actions hit me almost as hard as my fist had hit him.
“Oh fucking shit.” I muttered to myself and covered my eyes with my hands.

I heard a small chuckle come from below me.
“For a girl, you hit harder than Peter.” Nathan chuckled, I uncovered my eyes and peeked down at him, he was laying there on his back with a swollen cheek. I winced and looked away while holding my hand out for him to take it.

He did so and I pulled him up, I couldn't look at what I had done to his cheek at that moment so I stared at the floor instead.

“C’mon the floor isn't that wonderful is it, Lyra?” He asked me with a slight chuckle.
In response to this I looked up again slowly.
“Maybe it is, but who knows right?” I chuckled along before sighing. “…I’m sorry Nathan, I’m such an asshole.” His only response to that was a shake of the head and poking me on the nose and walking back to Velvet while I slowly turned around and followed them quickly.

All three of them kept turning to look at me as we walked together, it was quite distracting but I was glad they had been checking.
Velvet started slowing down to walk right beside me. I knew she wanted to ask me something so I looked up to acknowledge her being there. “Can I help you Velvet?” I asked as I looked at her

“Yes, it is about that little show of violence towards your friend Nathan.” She sighed and looked at me. “Does that happen often?” she asked.

“No, It’s nothing like this at all usually, it’s just…I saw something while I was out at the hospital. What I saw has left me a little…strained.” I shuddered and sped up a little, unfortunately so did Velvet.

“What did you see? If you talk about it maybe it can help.” She suggested and smiled at me, I shook my head looked straight ahead.

“Velvet it was just some shitty dream about my family I’m never going to see again, okay? We can share stories when we’re not busy…now we’re supposed to be… shopping right? If so, lead the way Madame.” I slightly bowed and gestured with my right hand for her to go ahead of me again, she sighed and did so. She led us down some stairs into a much wider area with some stores around the hall, some restaurants and a cheese store is what caught my eye first.

“A cheese store is here?” I asked but one small look at me from velvet instantly told me I should not mention that shop again. “…Okay then.” I shrugged and walked towards somewhere for ammo or weapons. I found a weapons trader. They had a large selection of ammunition we could definitely use, especially the rifle rounds.

The stallion was not a local to the tower so was more friendly towards me than the snobby bastards who have seen me so far.
“Which type of ammo are you interested in?” he asked.
“How much are you selling 5.56 rifle rounds for?” he showed me they were for a Okay price of one cap per bullet, I quickly raided my backpack for my caps, I had 563 with me and the others were split between the rest of the squad.
“Can I get 400 5.56’s please?” I asked and he nodded.
“400 caps then and you know the rules about ammo, so this ammo will be delivered to your locked away ammo.” He said and nodded at the security doors.

I looked at the door and raised my eyebrow “Sure, sure that’s fine don’t worry that’s perfect in fact. Now here are your caps.” I said and placed the 400 caps down, which took a small while to do perfectly, and I felt embarrassed doing so but once done I saw him packing up ammo boxes into a box.
“Come with me so the guards know what locker to put them in.” he said before walking towards the door I quickly followed and soon one of the guards was talking to the shop keeper about which locker to put the bullets in, after that was done I was free to walk back inside.
So I went far to the right to search for Where Nathan had gone. I owed him an apology I was going to repay somehow.

I saw a booth selling some food and I saw a box of Apple sugar bombs. “Hmm, I want one of them.” I said to myself and went over to buy some a quick haggle and 7 caps later, which I shrugged off without a single care, I went to look for Nathan again.

It took me a good 20 minutes to find him looking inside the doctor’s clinic, I heard he and Velvet were both haggling Helping hoof for some spare medical supplies. I sat down on a bench outside the room and listened in to their bartering.

“I say that a healing potion simply is not worth 33 caps Doctor,” I heard velvet say
“Yeah the value of these in my pip-buck says they are only worth 20.” I listened as Nathan spoke rather confidently, I was impressed.
I then listened to Helping Hoof’s response. “Fine I will lower to 27 but not a cap lower.”
Velvet seemed to be emanating pure joy when she spoke. “Thank you that will be marvellous!”
Nathan chuckled. “Yeah mate, that’s great. Thank you, I really mean it.”
Helping Hoof sighed and they traded their caps for potions, then Nathan and Velvet left the clinic with large grins, Velvet spots me and chuckles.
“Ah you found us, Very clever.” She says and smiles.
Nathan taps the top of his helmet and winks at me. “Agreed I had expected you to get lost somewhere like usual.” He chuckled and shook his head. Usually I would slap his arm. But I owe him now so I let him off.
“Well, let’s find the others, right?” I asked with a large smile.
“Well haven’t you cheered up again, see I always told you that whamming me in the face would be good medicine for you!” Nathan laughed.
Velvet rolled her eyes. “Come on silly monkeys lets go find Little Pip and your friend Peter again.” She smiled before walking on. Nathan and I stare at her unamused.
“Did you call us Monkeys?” we both asked simultaneously and ran after her.

A short time later we had found Peter staring at a couple of ponies bartering, and seeing how they react with each other. He was surprised when I tapped him on the shoulder.
“Peter I thought we agreed that you would leave the creeping for Minecraft mobs.” I said with a snicker.
He rolled his eyes behind his sunglasses and sighed. “I am looking at how they react to see how similar to Humans they really are, I see so far a 99% match in personality to us, which basically means that they are Americans. And that’s the only difference I see in them.” He said with a shrug.
“So, I wasn’t creeping.” He chuckled and poked the front of my helmet. “Pay attention glow eyes.”
I slapped his arm. “Don’t give me shit about the eyes I hate them enough already.” I groaned and turned back to Velvet who is rolling her eyes again.
“Seriously you take seriousness and throw it to the wind don’t you?” she asked with a small chuckle.

I shrugged. “I guess so, but that doesn’t mean we CAN’T be serious, because we really can be when the time comes.” I smiled at her then looked around. “So, where are we going now?”

She looked at me then up at the cracked ceiling. “I believe that YOU should talk to the DJ.” She pointed at an elevator.

“Oh, yeah, that would be a good idea. I really need to talk to them, I am sure they’d be interested in talking face to face with the people who got into their radio broadcasts, right?” I chuckled and started my walk towards the door with a slight spring in my step. I was excited to meet this pony. If he was anything like Three Dog at all this was going to be a rather entertaining talk with them.

Peter and Nathan ran after me quickly. “Hey wait up, I want to meet the dude too.” Nathan called as he squeezed past me into the elevator, Peter doing the same next, crushing me against the door.

“Guys, you are morons…” I groaned to myself and finally got inside. Velvet was unamused as she entered, clearly sharing the same opinions of the men as I was.

Nathan could feel the annoyed stares we were giving them meant they were currently in trouble so he stood behind Peter. This led Peter in response to be confused and irritated by the smaller man’s actions.

I decided to give up on those idiots for now and turned around as we arrived on the correct floor.
As we walked up a few hallways I started to fiddle around with my pip-buck and found all my music files again. Looking through them led me to see a song I randomly saw when browsing YouTube back in 2015. “OMFG…those songs were fun.” I muttered and looked ahead again with ‘I love you’ Playing in the ear pieces. I knew it was playing quite loud as Velvet turned to look at me with interest. So I took out my other earpiece and offered it to her. she took it and began to listen with me, the song is very random but I could see that she liked it, it must have been the first time she heard a song like it as she began to giggle as the song progressed especially when I began to mime the words to the song with silly expressions as we walked.
The little bond time with Velvet over silly music really helped my mood to finally get high enough to fully ignore my dream again for now, so I was happy as we reached the door.
I knocked on the door and a Mare opened the door, she looked a little flushed and inside I could see Littlepip on a sofa, naked.
“Oh, we can wait.” I said and turned away.
Nathan and Peter saw the embarrassed face of me and Velvet, and the other mare, and instantly began to do the most mature response their tiny brains can muster, laughing in our faces.
Velvet turned to the mare. “I am sorry we interrupted Homage…you, have a nice time, we will be back later.”
The mare blushed and nodded. “Right, see you later… eh heh..” she closed the door again and We heard a few giggles from inside the room.
Velvet and I immediately pushed past the laughing men and sat on a bench, both silently blushing.
It took quite a while for the men to shut up, but when they did we both were glad.
“Lyra,” Velvet said, looking at me. “May we never speak of this again?” she asked.
I nodded and rubbed my face. “Agreed,”