• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,987 Views, 44 Comments

Fallout: Equestria -- One War to Another - LightningDash NLR



Being torn from your home world by some unknown reason and only finding the charred and irradiated remains of your favorite TV show world can be kind of stressful, but for Lyra Locke and her team of Misfit marines it's all about adjusting and helping

  • ...
14
 44
 1,987

Chapter 9: The Test

"They sure are taking a very long time in there, aren't they?" I ask Velvet. We have been waiting here for quite a long time now, much longer than an hour but I haven't really checked my Pip-Buck for the actual time.

"Yes, they have." Is all she replies, we both sigh and stare at the door. As we stare the door finally opens, causing me to stand up tall with a sigh of relief, that relief turns to confusion when Littlepip walks out of the room quickly towards us and grabs my arm, dragging me towards the elevator.

"Hey what gives?!" I ask with alarm, this is strange and scary for me, i have always hated being dragged around anywhere, even by my family.

She doesn't answer until we are in the elevator, Velvet had tried to follow with Nathan and Peter but Pip held her hand up at the door and used magic to hold them in place.

"Just us, no one else for now." she says and then the doors close, this is cryptic, I am very much hating it.

"What the fuck are you doing Pip, where are we going?... if you are going to try to kill me for some sort of mission for someone you better at least tell me so i can kick your furry ass first!" I glare at her with my glowing eyes, she gives me a hurt look and then points right in my face.

"Do not ever think i would to that to anyone in our group, we are going outside, i will tell you more of the plan when we get there." She doesn't say anything else, just stands there staring at the door while tapping her hoof on the floor and her fingers on her Pip-Buck. I cannot really argue with her to make her tell me, she wants to tell me and i know that but it is for outside.

"Alright i will trust you with this but i want a full explanation when we get outside, got it?" I am not one who likes to wait for my answers, even if i understand why i must wait so am irritated by this enough to be icy with her until i know.
She sighs and turns to me, shaking her head and giving a small wink, i reply with a sigh and cross my arms with a huff.

After a quick walk across the main hall of the tower we are back at the guards lockers with the door nearby, i am handed back all my ammo as well as the new ammo i purchased at the weapons shop earlier. i slowly load my magazine before we are both outside and continue to do so with my spare mags until i have a small selection of fully loaded magazines to load if i need them, i give Pip a look and then shrug.

"So, what is it? why the heck did you drag me out here alone with just you when we have possibly got to fight hundreds of Bloodwings until we die?" i grumpily ask, though i do keep a smirk on my face to show her that i am not f completely annoyed.

"I am testing you, I want to see how you work and what decisions you make out here in the wasteland. Without your team, without anyone else except me to judge you. I know that you are military but i have no idea what your actual skills are so i want to test you and you alone before we move on." She walks ahead of me, leaving me to follow.. I sigh and make sure my backpack is secure on my back ..and then follow her.

"So you want to make sure I am good to have at your back, but why not anyone else?" I am curious to why she chose me directly.

"You're the one who asked to join our groups together, you're the one I have met first and are the one who seems the most unstable for the moment. I just want to see how you are out here and not risk any more ponies than I have to." As she briefly explains she gives me a slight glare when she said i was the most "unstable", she probably has heard about my little outburst with Nathan earlier and that just makes me sigh with regret.

"Alright i get it then, you need to see if i am going to explode after being shot at and potentially hit everyone in the face." I quip at her sarcastically and then sigh. "That's fair enough then, lets just get moving."

Pip nods slightly and adjusts her Stable 2 Suit and the crude armor it has on it. She then points a finger to an area down the street from here.

"Yes ma'am." I nod and then begin to march in that direction, she stays right behind me and we walk in silence for a little while but once we get to the area she had pointed me in i am quite curious to why she wanted us to go this way. It's just an empty alley with nothing in but a manhole cover, or should that be Stallion hole cover, and a few pieces of debris.

I turn to Pip with a questioning look and she points to the sewer entrance. "We cant go anywhere around here for the moment because of Red Eye's forces being camped around this place, this is the only place i could think of you being able to do anything in because of that." She walks over and her horn glows green, the cover coming out of the ground with a metal scraping sound that makes me shiver, I have always hated that sound.

"But, who the fuck is Red Eye?" I ask, quite alarmed at this fact and how the heck we all managed to get into TenPony without getting attacked by this so called army was baffling my mind. "And how the fuck have me and my men saw no trace of them on the way here?"

She turns and stares at me for a moment quite amazed, and then thinks for a moment. "It was probably all those Blood wings that showed up, there isn't really that many of them really. So that entire giant flock of them arriving must have made all of the Griffins and other soldiers take cover for a while." She shrugs and then places the cover down onto the ground and gestures down with a hand. "Hope you don't mind bad smells." She quips at me with a grin that becomes a grimace after she gets a whiff of the stench coming from there herself.

"200 year old horse shit full of radiation and pestilence all preserved inside a perfect little concrete tomb, totally sure we can deal with that!" I joke with a small grin and then shake my head with a sigh. "But I am completely sure that there is going to be a lot of horrible creatures or ponies down in that hole that are going to try to rip our asses to pieces." As I say this i reach to my holster and take out the pistol I have there, the influx of ammo for this thing I got earlier gives me some more reason to use this in the enclosed space rather than my rifle. Then i step forwards and start climbing down into the sewer it smells like death and decay and makes me want to run back up and never return, but that is not a big enough excuse to retreat. "This, is unsanitary." I deadpan and start walking into the darkness.

"Welcome to the wasteland." Pip comments from above as she climbs down next to me. We both grab our pip-bucks and turn on the bright lights of them as the all around light was better than a flashlight in this place. The place is covered in a wave of eerie silence that is only broken by the sounds of my boots and her hooves against the ancient concrete of this tunnel.

We come to a metal door with a turning metal crank like handle, I take hold of it and twist it as hard as i can to get it open. It's the same type of door that Nathan had hid behind with Keiran back in that old delivery building where that glowing one had introduced me to the concept of mutation. Said door then proceeds to open wit ha hissing and scraping sound, opening up to a long and slightly lit up maintenance tunnel.

"Perfect, some lights." I smile and take a step inside, my little HUD from the Pip-Buck isn't showing me any types of markers for me to take notice of other than Pips, so I am keeping my cool while she is a little more on edge, I soon find out why though as when i take a few more steps past a set of barrels a hand suddenly reaches out and grabs my leg, I turn to face the thing holding onto me and spot that it is in fact a feral ghoul, trying to bring my leg close enough to its mouth for a nice big bite. I immediately bring my other leg down hard on the creatures arm with a crushing stomp which frees my leg and then i pull my knife out of its place on my chest and bring it down into the top of the rotten pony's head.

"That was close, the thing almost bit me again and I do not want anymore bite marks in me this week." I shudder and take a few steps back, Pip is looking at me with a pretty pleased look. "What's the look for?"

"Well you dealt with that like an expert and didn't make unnessisary noise that could lead more of them after us by going quiet and using your little knife there, maybe I can learn some things from you after all." she looks at me with a little beam in her expression but i just shake my head and chuckle.

"Yea sure, I can teach you how to make monkey noises." I quip with a smirk and then turn down further into the tunnel. It's nice to banter with a new friend even on a stupid test like this.

"Yes, I look forward to making monkey noises." she laughs and follows me, we walk for another while without another incident until we reach a large generator room and as the door opens we both stop and stare in slight horror, about 20 ghouls were in here all wearing mostly destroyed outfits that resemble maintenance worker, including one still wearing a old yellow hard hat. They all turn towards us and start making their creepy hiss / howl noises at us and beginning their attack.

"Shit! Open fire now!" I yell and start trying to get the door to close, but the damn thing got stuck the moment it finished opening, 200 years and never opened ever is not the best for a metal door. This does leave us in quite the panic though with no way to stop these guys from rushing us now other than our own bullets.

Pip is the first to fire, her interesting 44. Magnum cracking to life with a sound that causes my ears to hurt as I was close to the barrel, so i duck down and aim, the ghoul Pip just hit in the eye falls down and knocks two of its fellow ghouls over which gives me the perfect opportunity.
I quickly dispatch the fallen by firing two rounds into the back of their heads while they are down, meanwhile i begin crawling backwards, one of them is in the doorway now and Pip quickly smacks it with the side of her fist while shooting another one in the head close to her, I give her a hand and fire two more shots off into the one she just punched and charge forwards.
I kick with full strength at one and impact its face with my boot and it falls into the electrical current of the generator and is electrocuted to death with a sickening scream. Pip and I quickly retreat after that right back down the tunnel and towards the sewer as the group of remaining ghouls chase and hunt us.

"You can say that this is part one of your test passed so far!" Pip yells to me as she runs at my side, she spins around and takes a shot with her magnum at the following hoard but i don't actually see if she gets the hit or not but at a time like this I am not willing to turn around and see. I grab her hand when she turns back around and run as fast as I can, Pip is pulled along with a slight stagger as my running speed is slightly faster than hers so i slow very slightly to stop her risking tripping and being devoured by the hoard of death right behind us.
"Keep going! There is nothing else we can do Pip." I yell as we begin to get close to the ladder, as the ladder gets within 20 meters i grab a grenade from my backpack's side pocket and pull the pin before dropping it to the ground at my feet and keeping my fast pace up after about 8 seconds there is a very loud bang behind us that shakes the entire tunnel, the screams of many irradiated ponies behind us is mixed in with the sound, with more time to spare now we get to the ladder, I grab Pip and throw her up to about halfway up the ladder which made her gasp and grab on.
"Lyra, what the heck!?" She began to yell before i interrupted.
"Up the ladder!.. now!" I turn and raise my pistol and fire repeatedly into the remains of the large group as she begins to scramble up the ladder, the moment i have space to follow her i grab on and climb. A few ghouls swam the ladder and reach up grabbing my ankles, I hold on for dear life as they tug and some begin to climb above me pip aims her scoped magnum and shoots one shot that ends the creature holding onto my left leg to which i then use my freed leg to kick the other ghoul in the eye and send it back into its companions.
"Keep going Lyra!" Pip calls down and i gladly oblige by climbing up to the top of the ladder and pulling the cover to the sewer back over.

We both just sit on the ground for a small while, panting heavily and starting to chuckle.
"That was exciting.." I say , holding my ankle with a small grin, it has started hurting since i kicked the creature off of it.
"I think this is enough of that for today.." Pip responds with a wipe of her face, she stands up and helps me to my feet. "You hold onto me and we'll get back to Ten-pony.
I nod and hold onto her as we limp our way back to the tower a little sore and tired but alive and well, for a test this was a dangerous one but I think i left a good impression, which is all i could hope for.
Nathan will be disappointed that i have hurt myself again though this ....will be a fun afternoon.

Author's Note:

Very very long time no update, i am sorry for that but now i will see what people think of my new chapter here.. hope you enjoyed the read! I know it's short but more will come soon i promise

Comments ( 8 )

this story is one of the reasons I joint this site, and I love it.:pinkiehappy:

I'm glad you back I have started my all over he too much of white knight

8112064 Thank you! it is nice to hear such nice words again.:rainbowkiss:

8115119 you are welcome on that, I didn't want to give up on this.

Sorry for the latest delays in chapter 10, some things happening all the time seem to destroy what i am trying to do, but do not worry i will continue this very soon and i hope you will like what comes next

8360083
you better be.

Will this story ever get updated?

Login or register to comment