• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,987 Views, 44 Comments

Fallout: Equestria -- One War to Another - LightningDash NLR



Being torn from your home world by some unknown reason and only finding the charred and irradiated remains of your favorite TV show world can be kind of stressful, but for Lyra Locke and her team of Misfit marines it's all about adjusting and helping

  • ...
14
 44
 1,987

Chapter 7: Manehatten and Tenpony.

Chapter 7: Manehatten.
We were walking towards the city, the darkened clouds thickening above us as we walked, creating a feeling of dread that we all were secretly ignoring. I was leading the group followed by Peter , Nathan, Jordan and finally at the rear was Kieran.

“I still doubt that talking to the DJ was a good idea.” Peter said.

“Peter now that the DJ knows that we’re coming he will keep Littlepip there for longer and getting into the tower will be easier for us too.” Nathan explained.

“How will it?” Peter asked, turning back to Nathan with a glare.

“Well now they will know that we are not ponies and stuff, Peter imagine them thinking we were more ghoul ponies.” Nathan paused before adding. “With a face like yours that was most likely inevitable.” He finished with a smirk. Peter simply punched him in the arm, very hard. Nathan called out in pain.

“Ah, you tit why did you have to hit me?” he asked, rubbing his arm. The rest of us just laughed and continued marching onwards, glad to of had the mood lightened by Nathan’s antics.

After roughly 40 minutes of walking, with Nathan and Peter bickering the whole way, we reached the first corpses from the city after its initial bombing, there were lots of skeletons, they were hanging outside of chariot windows and a few buildings too.

“God damn…this is horrible, there are hundreds of them!” I said as we passed a large cluster.

Kieran was the most upset about this because of all the death, he simply stared at each skeleton he saw, in horrified silence.

We passed some burned buildings and watched as the skeletons became nothing more than ash piles the closer we got to the city. Jordan spotted something depressing, a bus like vehicle filled with skeletons much smaller than the ones we saw before.

“Little kids…this might have been a school bus?” Nathan stated as we walked past. I spotted a destroyed house and ordered everyone inside, as the sun was setting and I needed to think.

“So we rest here or carry on for a little longer into the night?” after a few seconds of pondering we put it to a vote. Jordan and Kieran and I voted to carry on while Peter and Nathan voted to stay.

“Looks like you guys are outvoted get your asses in gear.” After some serious groaning from Peter and Nathan we carried on.
The sun had set by the time we reached the first skeletal skyscrapers of the Manehatten ruins. The buildings themselves cut out any remaining light, leaving ruined street we were walking through in complete darkness, even the combined effort of all five of our pip-buck lights were not enough to illuminate more than a few feet in front of us, we were getting more and more irritated and nervous of the dark until.

“its pitch BLACK AND I CAN’T SEE SHIT!” Jordan screamed, annoyed.

Everyone else stared at him with shock and horror, we then prepared ourselves for any and all raiders that come to kill us, none came.

“Err Lieutenant,I think we got lucky.” Kieran sighed relieved, that relief was short lived as Nathan began to tremble.

“Lyra oh my god, look up!” Nathan said with a very shaky voice.

We all followed his gaze upwards to the darkened buildings above, attached to the walls were many red eyes, all staring at us with hungry looks.
I instantly searched my memory of The Wasteland survival guide for what these things are I remembered reading about creatures that matched their appearance they were Bloodwings These creatures were deadly, they fly down to grab a prey, bite them and within a few seconds the prey is drained of all fluids and is dead, everypony was afraid of these.
And now there were about 45 of them flying towards us.

“Oh, shit.” Peter commented dumbly.

“RUN LIKE HELL!” I screamed, I span on my heels and started running at a full sprint away from the incoming swarm of death. I sprinted down the streets towards the only light I could actually see, which was TenPony tower further into the ruins.

With the others just behind me I ran down the main street as fast as possible, a skyscraper had collapsed into the street ahead but Peter had spotted an alley, which we all then sprinted down, the Bloodwings were getting close to us so I took a peep behind me to see many red eyes much too close for comfort, my logical thinking went out the window at that moment as terror overtook my body and I screamed.

I picked up the speed and ran faster than I had ever ran in my life before.
Nathan looked back and saw the nightmare right behind us and was suddenly in front of me.

“Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!” he shouted shouting as he ran.
We ran out of the alley and into a large street which was still mostly clear of debris.

I looked around quickly for an escape from the creatures of death behind us and spotted an open door to the left of us.

“In there now!” I ordered and we ran inside and slammed the door closed.

“Jesus fucking Christ…What the hell were those things!?” Jordan asked out of breath.

“Those were Bloodwings.” A voice said behind us causing everyone to spin around weapons up and aimed in less than half a second.
Before us was a small squad of griffin mercenaries.

“Weapons down ponies we aren't going to kill you.” The leader a large female said waving her talon around in a somewhat calming manner. It was weird seeing an anthro griffin. She was just like the show’s griffins except she was bipedal like us.

“Sorry to intrude but those things were fucking horrible!” I said lowering my weapon. The griffin laughed then asked a question I never expected.

“Are you from Trottingham because you have the accent?” she asked with and inquisitive look.
I replied casually intending to confuse them.

“Nah, I am from Wirral. Which is over the river from the city of Liverpool. It is a nice place to party seeing as the city wasn’t damaged at all.” That got them staring at me like I had said there was no sun.

“There is an undamaged city out there?!” I sighed before correcting them.
“Not on this planet.” Their faces scrunched up in confusion.
“Err what?” The griffin asked me. Nathan started laughing which soon spread throughout the group of Marines.
The griffins were looking frustrated and confused but let the matter drop with a synchronized sigh . “You are the first griffins we have met so far.” I said after I managed to stop laughing. The griffins
huffed.
“I have met hundreds of ponies so.” She was cut off by Peter.

“We are not Ponies.” They stared at us and squinted to try to get a better look. In response to this Me and Peter took off our helmets. I pulled my long hair back more and they could see my face.

“Oh…then may I ask what the hell you are?” the griffin behind the boss said.
“Humans” Nathan replied simply, getting a gasp from the griffins.

“So you are the one that spoke to DJ on the radio? No one has ever managed to do that…you’re Kind of revered as possible heroes by now.” The boss put out her talon for me to shake.

“I’m Hammer; Nice to meet ya.” She smiled and I was surprised to see that she had teeth even with a beak. I smiled back, trying to keep my revelation secret.

“Lieutenant Lyra Locke, it’s nice to meet you too.” The others saluted and said their names
“Lance corporal Peter Meeks.” He Saluted quickly but efficiently.
“Corporal Nathan Hughes.” He cocks his SMG and nods.
“Sargent Kieran Richardson.” Kieran simple nods slowly.
“Lance corporal Jordan Hughes.” Jordan raised his hand up with a thumb up gesture.

The other griffins behind Hammer looked over.
“I’m Blunder.” He said nodding at us. The third chuckled before spoke.
“And I am Crash. Are you guy’s mercenary? Because you seem trained.” I shook my head.

“No, Military.” They nodded with acceptance and mild intrigue.
I walked over to the door and opened it a peep, the street outside looked clear. I opened it fully and stepped outside but I was grabbed by a hand and a talon Nathan’s and Hammer’s .

“Don’t go out there!” Nathan hissed.

“I am just checking to see if the fuckers are gone.” I whispered back and shook my arm loose and snuck out into the street. I looked up and nearly pissed myself. They were all there waiting for me from the wall of the skyscraper ABOVE the doorway. They began to flap their wings ready to attack. One dropped and blocked the doorway, which Hammer then slapped closed.

“Meet me at the tower!” I screamed and ran.

*****************************

Nathan’s P.O.V
Poor Lyra the last thing I see is her sprinting through an alley with all of bloodwings behind her.

“Oh my god. That poor girl.” Hammer looked out the door shaking her head.
“Guys we’re going now Lyra is in very deep shit!” I roared at the other marines. The griffins backed out if our way and we charged out the door. The last thing I heard Hammer say was.
“that is some loyalty right there.” The door was slowly closed then as we exited into the, now, Silent Street.

******************************

Lyra’s P.O.V
I could see the tower now clearly, it’s one street away from where I was currently running.
I looked behind me to see if the bloodwings are still following me, they were.

“Fuck you assholes!” I shouted and picked up speed I rounded a corner and my boots skid on the broken concrete. My momentum stopped dead as I barely managed to stay standing.
That was a bad mistake I had slowed down and one of them managed to grab me. It ascended taking me with it into the air, I could see the others give chase to the one carrying me.

“NOOO!” I screamed and stuck my knife into the eye of the bloodwing carrying me just as it was about to bite into me, It shrieked in pain and dropped me.

"OH SHIT!" I screamed as I began to fall.

I fell about 12 meters, Smashing through a window. I pulled myself off the floor and took a peep out the window I had crashed through. Ten pony towers walkway was just down the street the bloodwings being shot at by some turrets and a few guards On higher walkways I never saw before.

“Just…ow…need to get there.” I said aloud and thought of a quick plan.

I hopped out the window and started sprinting towards the walkway. Inhuman screeches sounded above me I grabbed my rifle and fired at the monsters. I ran up the walkway and clambered up the ladder to the front door. There was an intercom by the door so I hit the call button.

“Hello who the hell is out there?” a female voice came through the speakers. A Bloodwing flew at me and I dodged it sending it into the wall. I ran back to the door and pushed the button.

“Please for the love of god open this door right now!” I screamed loudly into the microphone.a second later the voice replied.

“Why who is this?” the voice replied cautiously. I screamed as a Bloodwing swung at me and I dodged by diving to the left, only just managing to get back to the intercom.

“Let me in or I am going to die, I have Bloodwings crawling after me OPEN UP NOW!” I screamed.

“By the goddesses!” she cursed. A second later the door opened loudly, a Bloodwing Pinned me to the ground.
I screamed, but before the mutant bat could bite me, a burrage of bullets entered its head spraying my face with blood. I was up on my feet again within 3 seconds before dashing through the door. The mare security guard with a combat shotgun quickly closed the door again.

“Thank you, The fucker almost got me.” I panted.

“Yeah, now come here.” She said calmly.
“One moment, I need to contact my friends.” I said and got my radio, and switched to Nathan’s signal.
“NATHAN I made it! Make sure you all stay in cover, meet me in the morning!” I said into the radio. He replied sounding relieved.
“Thank god…fine we will hide here.” I waited for a few seconds and a squad of security guards walked into the room. The unicorn mare walked up to me now that I had done what I needed to do.

“Ok if you want to enter Ten pony tower I need you to hand over all ammunition to us right now.” She ordered and levitated a box over before holding it out for me with her hands.
“Will I get it back?” I asked and she nodded. “All ammo is returned upon your departure.” I took all my magazines and shells out of my pockets and put them in the box she provided. “Please don’t touch it ok?” I asked and she closed the box.

“We won’t touch any of your possessions. We will now scan you for any concealed ammo.” I was about to protest that I had to remove the ammo from my guns too, but I was too late. Her horn glowed then turned red when she scanned me.

“ I said hand over ALL ammo!” she growled I sighed with minor irritation.
“Jesus Christ you literally just took the box away before I could unload my guns, That’s why they are still loaded, can I have the box back then?” I said calmly and started to unload my weapons, My Assault rifle mag was removed and the chambered bullet ejected and placed into the box, shortly followed by my pistol’s ammo, I finally unloaded my shotgun Attachment’s shells into the box and searched myself.

“Yep, I think that’s all of it now.” I said honestly. The mare looked at me.

“One more scan then.” She replied and her horn lit up again. It stayed the same colour until it reached my chest and it flashed red. the mare looked really pissed off at me.

“That’s it I said ALL AMMO!” she grabbed me in her magic and pinned me to the floor.

“But I gave all my ammo for God’s sake!” I protested while she forcefully removed my chest armour, which took ages because of the advanced materials used to make it, and looked at my chest, more specifically my dog tags, secured to my tag’s chain was a single 50 Cal bullet, the bullet was deactivated before I bought it, but It was cool so I got it as a little luck bringer. The security mare sighed and rubbed her face with her hand.

“I see you’re just using an old bullet as a necklace…and you appear to be mercenary or Military, that’s good to note…as is the fact that now I get a good look at you, you’re not a pony.” She finished the last part more to herself than to me.

“Well yeah, I'm not a pony I am military and I have only used this bullet as a necklace. Can I please get up now?” I looked up at her with an innocent smile. She looked back with a deadpan look.

“Yeah, let me help you up.” She grabbed my hand and pulled me back to my feet, her hand felt fluffy and I almost commented on it but managed to stop myself before I embarrassed us both. I put my body armour back on and picked up my bag, she had knocked it against a wall when she pinned me, I finally put my helmet back on and looked to her.

“So, can I go in now?” I asked. She shook her head and led me through the door with a sigh.

“Welcome to ten pony tower the stores are on these floors here.” She pointed to the 4th 5th and 6th floors on a map of the tower that was on the wall.

“Anywhere above is residential or security.” She finished. I nodded and she opened the door into a brightly lit area with a lot of ponies inside.
Every one of them stared at me with curiosity or disgust. I instantly remembered why I hated high school.

“Oh they look happy to see me.” I muttered to myself.

A dress wearing Unicorn mare threw a rag at me and muttered about mutant filth. She got a hard glare from the guard.
Instead of glaring back at her I flipped her off and said to her quite loudly.

“I am not a mutant you pansy Racist fucktard!” leaving her in a state of shock I walked with the guard to where she was leading me.

"Huh she isn't gonna forget that for a long time." the guard commented smugly.

“Is the stable dweller here?” I asked the guard turned with a suspicious look.

“Why?” she asked the distrust clear as crystal in her voice. I simply told her the truth.

“I want to talk to her about joining mine and her groups together.” The guard looked a little stunned. Appreciative of the plan.

"Really?" she asked.

“Yes, Pretty much.” I answered with a chuckle.

“Yeah well if that’s your plan I guess I can tell you, she can handle herself anyway. So here, she is upstairs she heard about you on the radio and is very intrigued, One of her friends usually can be found spending her caps in the markets so I recommend talking to her first.” The guard said.

“Thank you.” I smiled but then realised I don’t know what this friend looks like or Littlepip herself.

“Err what do they look like?” the guard looked at me before leading me to a staircase.

“Stable mare, she is a grey unicorn with a brown mane and tail. She has a Pegasus with a cowpony hat he’s brown with a lighter brown mane, and a zebra too. That is the simple give away to spot her group but she also has that Unicorn friend who comes down to barter for them, she’s charcoal with a white mane and tail with a red and yellow coloured streaks going through them.” She looked at me with a curious look, I know she wants to ask about me more, but knows she doesn't have time.
.
“Thanks I have friends arriving when the bloodwings back off, Ok?” I asked and she nodded.

“I’ll keep an eye out.” She walked over towards the security room, waving a small goodbye while I headed up the stairs.
As I opened the door to the 5th floor I walked right into a unicorn mare she had white hair with a yellow and red stripe through it.
‘Oh it’s that other unicorn!’ I thought to myself, I quickly made sure my darkened Helmet goggled were lowered properly so she can’t see my eyes, finding that they were I was relieved.

“Oh my apologies are you…ok?” she had to pause when she saw me.

“Yes hello I am fine and NO I am not a mutant the names Lyra Locke. You?” I said as I offered my hand she shook it cautiously and I finally noticed something pretty noticeable with the ponies hands. They only have 3 fingers on their hand instead of 4.

“Ok well my name is Velvet Remedy.” She said, a little cautious. I smiled at her.

“Nice to meet you.” I said and crossed my arms “Do you know a Littlepip?” I asked and her eyes shot wide.

“May I ask why?” she asked giving me questioning glare.

“I really need to talk to her about something involving, Watcher.” I said honestly but quietly. She looked at me then nodded.

“Fine I am one of her friends and I am going to trust you for now but if you try anything-“ I cut her off.

“Please I want to be her friend, not harm her… I have a group too and I wanted to meet her and tell her some idea watcher had.”

Velvet gave me a quick stare then smiled sincerely. “You are telling the truth I have a good guess of character and can see it plain as day…fine follow me.” Her voice was definitely sophisticated I noticed as I began to follow her. We walked to the less populated part of the floor, from there she led me to an elevator.

“Our room is up here and I want to make it clear before you get any ideas. Don’t steal from us.” She said sternly. I instantly got the message, even though I never planned to steal anyway.

“Not interested in anything I don’t steal from people, not like that, ever.” I replied honestly with a minor chill in my voice, I hated being suspected of theft.

The elevator dinged and the door opened, I was still surprised that any elevators actually still worked after the bombings but never voiced my confusion.
Outside was a nicely lit corridor with multiple rooms, the walls as usual were cracked a little with time but other than that it was pretty clean.

Velvet walked out and I followed her closely, preparing myself to meet with the Stable Dweller herself, that name started to ring a few bells in my head now that I had time to think clearly. Where had I heard it before? I couldn't remember so just shrugged it off and focused once again on following the Charcoal mare in front of me.

She led me down the corridor in silence until we reached a room at the end of the hall. She stopped outside and looked at me I looked at the door then back to her.

“One question about you before we go in. are your eyes supposed to be orange, as I am sure I have seen ponies with those eyes somewhere?” she asked with minor concern. I looked at her with surprise.

“How can you see through my darkened goggles?” I asked alarmed.

“Well they are glowing bright enough to see through the darkened glass.” She replied simply.

Fuck my eyes had been discovered, maybe that would complicate things, maybe it wouldn't but now I was nervous.

“No, my eyes are not supposed to be glowing orange.The ponies you may have seen would most likely have been ghouls…can I go inside and meet Littlepip now?” I asked.

She looked sympathetic for a second before she opened the door and gestured inside.
I walked into the room, it was pretty clean with a few bits of equipment on the floor, I was about to ask if anyone was actually there when I was suddenly pinned against the wall. My helmet clad head slammed into the wall hard and my vision blurred.
I couldn’t see my attacker but I could feel them holding me against the wall with all her strength.

“Who are you, what are you!?” a female African voice spoke up from next to my ear.

I knew this meant I was being pinned by the zebra I heard about, her grip tightened when I tried to turn around, stopping me from looking at her. Desperately I thought of what I could do., I came up with the Idea of simply calling for help.

“VELVET! Why am I being used as a wallpaper replacement by someone?” I shouted. My current position with my mouth pressed against the old plaster wall made my voice sound muffled and quiet. I heard Velvet’s hoofsteps approach the Zebra mare pinning me before speaking to her softly.

“Xenith, can you please let her go dear, I brought her hear to see Littlepip.” Velvet nodded to me.

I finally managed to turn around , My eyesight cleared enough to see a very pissed off looking zebra with a knife in hand, the blade of the knife actually inches from my throat.

“Damn that’s a nice knife, where’d you get it?” I looked down to my knife holster to see mine missing.

“Oh that’s my knife, may I please have it back?” I smiled innocently as Xenith looks confused at me, then to Velvet.
I was let go and fell to the floor in a heap, the zebra said an apology and gave my back my knife before helping me back up.

“What’s all the noise in here for?” A female voice called out from behind a door, she sounded young but worn down, it then opened to reveal a short, by pony standards, Unicorn mare with grey fur and a brown mane. There she was, Littlepip, the stable dweller herself. She was exactly like I was expecting her to look, which was a surprise to me. she was skinny with a armoured vault suit, or should I say stable suit, and had a 44 magnum with a scope secured to her hip, she didn't have any boots, just her hooves. That I had expected because the ponies never really needed shoes like our feet do.

Behind her was a Pegasus with a brown coat and a slightly lighter shade of brown for his mane. a cowpony hat adorned his head and he was gripping a large sniper rifle tightly, looking at me with suspicion. he was wearing an old duster coat with some armour underneath as well as blue jean like pants. He also had no shoes on.

“Ah Littlepip good, this mare here wanted to speak with you about something.” Velvet said and pointed at me. Littlepip raised an eyebrow and walked up to me, we were exactly the same height, I had noticed that Humans were shorter than the ponies here but now that I, a very tall human woman was eye to eye with a short Unicorn mare it all added up. She looked me up and down once before finally speaking.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” She asked calmly, her hand had reached round to grip at a 44 magnum, a just in case that I respected. I looked deep into her green eyes

“Err well when I first arrived here I was approached by a flying sprite bot…” I began to explain the plan we had thought of and what we may do together. Littlepip had one question.

“What have you done so far?” she asked. I informed them all of everything my friends and I had accomplished in our short stay here so far.
Littlepip and Calamity were really impressed when I had told them of the Raider base rescue.

“And well that’s it really, what do you think, we've only been here a little while and already started to help like that, are me and my group good enough to join up with yours?” I asked hopefully. Littlepip smiled gently before looking at me.

“You've cheered me up, let me remember that there are others out there who care like I do, You know what, I think that it may be a good idea for us to link forces you know, lets make a trial run, you and your friend get to come with us for a little while and we check out your skill, if your good you can stay, but if you are a burden then we would part ways but still be allies, that seem fair to you?” She asked with a wink.

Calamity spoke up next.
“I think that you and y’all friends all earned a place with us, good work with them raiders, a trial run seems a good choice though, I vote to agree with Littlepip on that.” He said calmly.
velvet just nodded and so did Xenith, it looked like all was agreed so far.

“So Littlepip. The name’s Lyra, do we have a deal?” I asked and held out my hand.

“Deal.” She replied and we shook on it, a new alliance had been formed.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 7. Sorry if there are more grammer screw ups than usual, I currently have no editor at the moment.

Anyway here you go, Chaos in the streets then ending with an amazing meeting. We'll all see how well this trial goes for Lyra and her men.