• Published 26th Apr 2014
  • 3,746 Views, 85 Comments

Hearts of Class - ImAPonyXY



This story is a love story between Sweetiebelle and Spike. Both are teenagers now and the story is anthro. It may also be NSFw at times so read with care. Enjoy.

  • ...
27
 85
 3,746

Chapter Nine

Denounced Secrets


“Alright then.” Lyvia said simply as she crossed her arms and slowly hopped down from the tree. She stood next to Lil’ Dew who was just as tall as her. “What do you want to know?”

“Well, you seem like someone with a goal. So, what’s your goal?” Spike asked, standing close to Sweetiebelle.

Lyvia glared at him and gave off a slight smirk. “Such a big question already? You’re not messing around. Alright, I’ll tell you.” she sighed and looked at them nervously, “but please, don’t judge me on what you’re about to hear. It’s something that I don’t understand... but... my goal is to get you guys expelled from the school...” she paused, but soon continued to speak. “Well it’s not even my goal... it’s just what I was told to do...”

A silence fell upon the group and the four of them stood not saying anything. Lil’ Dew, Sweetiebelle and Spike were all still trying to process what Lyvia had said. What did she mean by ‘not her goal’? Was she being forced? Was there someone in the shadows pulling the strings and playing with their lives? Either way, it seemed as though what ever was happening played a bigger part then they did.

“What do you mean by that?” Spike began, “if it’s not your goal, then who’s is it?!” he yelled, he was getting frustrated and inpatient with all these riddles that flooded his life.

“I’m not allowed to say, sorry.” Lyvia apologised and looked down. “It’s not my place to spill such secrets... yet.”

“Not your place?!” Spike was furious, “Lyvia, since when do you listen to others!”

Lyvia stared at, looking deep into his eyes. “Spike, no matter how hard we try, we’re always just another piece of trash caught in the winds of reality. In the end we have no control over ourselves, only others with supremacy and wealth have such power.” she sighed, “It’s the harsh truth of life... we just have to learn to live with it.”

Spike paused; he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. It was sounding as though Lyvia had given up, as though she just didn’t care anymore. Yet, he wasn’t going to give up, she had offered them this chance to find out everything and he didn’t want to waste it. Just, what was he going to ask next?

“Does this have anything to do with your family’s death?” spoke Sweetiebelle. She had stepped forward stood in front of Lyvia.

Lyvia stood a little shocked for a second then she to stepped forward with an enclosed fist and growled loudly.

“You’re walking on thin ice here Sweetiebelle!”

“I’m just asking, I know that you’re sensitive on this... but... it obviously had a bigger impact on you that what you’re telling us.” stated sweetiebelle, donning a soft and caring tone as she usually did.

“I’m warning you Sweetiebelle! You are not to talk about that!” Warned Lyvia, clenching her fist tighter.

“Sorry, I’m just curious that’s all...” she apologised and began to back off.

Spike looked at Lyvia with pure hatred in his eyes. “Lyvia, how dare you fucking threaten Sweetiebelle!” he gritted his teeth, “I’ll crush you!” he yelled loudly with a furious roar.

Lyvia grinned and positioned herself into her fighting stance. She had placed one foot slightly in front, but still beside her foot to form and triangle shape and her arms in front of her face to protect her. “I’ll tell you what Spike. You beat me and I’ll tell you everything you want to know. But if I win, then you never ask this again. Does that sound fair?”

“But Spike will never be able to beat you, Lyvia.” Lil’ Dew spoke, she had backed away from Lyvia and was sitting against the tree.

“There’s no other way that he’ll find out, he has no choice but to fight.” Lyvia pointed out without even glancing back at her.

Spike didn’t say anything but he stepped forward. Lyvia was right; he had no choice but to fight if he wanted an answer to all these riddles.

“Spike don’t fight her. You’ll get hurt again!” Sweetiebelle called out.

Spike turned around.

“Sweetiebelle, I want to know the answers I won’t lose. Not this time.” he answered.

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because I’m a dragon, Sweetiebelle.” he replied and puffed a small ball of fire in front of him.

He spun back around to face Lyvia, also donning a similar combat stance to here.

“I hope you’re ready, I’m not holding back!” he growled.

Lyvia did nothing but smirked, “good.” she said simply, prepared for any attack that he threw.

Spike puffed another ball of fire hoping to intimidate his enemy and charged her; his fist out in front of him and another arm protecting his body. When he reached her, he lunged his fist forward, aiming for her torso, an unguarded area of her body, but... she dodged it by simply stepping to the side.

Once off to the side Lyvia lifted up her left leg and kicked Spike directly in the abdomen as he passed by her. This caused for Spike to fall face-first to the ground, receiving a face-full of dirt and rocks.

As he tried to get up though, Lyvia slammed her foot into his back, knocking him back into the ground and holding him there. For someone as small and frail as Lyvia, she was rather strong.

“I thought you were a dragon Spike, and I thought that you weren’t going to hold back!” she taunted, drilling her foot into his back.

Spike growled and gritted his teeth more. His back was in pain and even though he tried to push himself up, Lyvia’s strength proved to be a little too much.

“Get off of ME!!!” Spike yelled, trying to push himself up one last time and to their surprise, he prevailed. He managed to off-balance Lyvia and she stepped back; Spike crawled to his feet, rubbing his back.

“Okay, now you’ll pay!” he snarled and he tried to whip her with his spiked tail.

Lyvia kept her blank expression and took only one step back to dodge his pitiful attack.

Spike kept swinging his tail while hoping to hit her but she just kept simply stepping back to avoid him. However, she could only go back for so long and she soon eventually backed into a tree... and Spike had the upper hand.

Spike took advantage to this and pinned her against the tree and he kept a hand over her throat.

Lyvia smirked. “The little dragon found his strength.”

“Tell me, Lyvia. Who’s pulling the strings?!” he interrogated and tightened his grip upon her throat.

“Do you think that you’ve already won this fight?” she began, staring at him with a dark, intimidating expression. “You haven’t changed from the train... you’ve always been stupider than you look!”

As she said that, she lunged herself off of the tree and pushed herself away. In the split second that Spike was momentarily stunned she flipped away to gain a good distance from him; she was acting with caution now.

Lil’ Dew and Sweetiebelle were looking with awe from the side. Sweetiebelle was worried for Spike, she thought that it was a stupid idea; she thought that fighting Lyvia was the most stupidest thing to ever do and that if one were to fight her that they would surely get hurt.

“Spike! Please stop fighting! I don’t want you to get hurt!” Sweetiebelle called out in concern; she was worried for Spike’s safety.

Spike looked over at her and smiled only softly. “Don’t worry Sweetiebelle, she won’t be able to hur~...!”

Just before he was finished speaking, Lyvia who had a menacing and seriously pissed off look on her face kicked him in the abdomen and knocked him to the ground, winded.

“SPIKE!!!” Sweetiebelle yelled and she tried to rush forward to him. However, Lil’ Dew was holding her back.

“Sweetiebelle, don’t rush in there. Lyvia is utterly pissed off now and I doubt she’ll hold back even for you.” Lil’ Dew explained, holding her by her arms. “I know you’re worried, but so am I... I’m worried for you and Spike... You helped me, so I’m helping you.”

“Lil’ Dew let me go! I won’t let Spike get hurt.” she cried out.

Lyvia moved over to Spike who was grounded and holding his stomach. He groaned loudly and his breathing was heavy as he tried to catch his breath.

“Spike.” Lyvia began to say. Her voice was calmer, yet still serious and intimidating. “You fought well but you are not the victor.” she kneeled down beside him and held the back of his neck to immobilize him through pain.

“I... can still fight!” Spike snarled at her and he tried to stand up only to have Lyvia to pull him back down by the scruff of his neck.

“No you cannot.” she said, “You can’t change your fate. The outcome will always be the same.”

Spike looked down, the fight was over and he had lost. He had tried so hard to win, to surpass Lyvia’s ability but he failed. He had gotten nothing from it, now Lyvia would never tell him her secrets.

“Spike lost.” Sweetiebelle said in shock.

“Spike may be strong, but Lyvia’s stronger. I didn’t expect it to be over so soon.” Lil’ Dew replied.

“Do you submit, Spike?” Lyvia asked, slightly releasing her grip on him.

Spike nodded slightly, he hated to accept defeat, he refused to feel this weak. Lyvia noticed this and let go of him.

“Pfft! Don’t waste my time again.” Lyvia said and walked away, she walked back to the school.

Sweetiebelle rushed towards Spike and hugged him tightly. “Spike! Are you okay?”

“Yeah... I-I’m okay” he replied as he tried to catch his breath, holding his diaphragm.

Sweetiebelle, Lil’ Dew and Spike all watched Lyvia walk back to the school. She had pulled up her hood on her red jumper and the three were alarmed by unusual behavior and how surprisingly violent she has become. They felt as though that the secrets that she was keeping was the key to understanding all of her motivations.

Author's Note:

Behold the 10th chapter to my story, I really hoped you enjoyed it and sorry if it fells rushed. if you have any suggestions for what you would like to see in the next story then let me know.