• Published 9th May 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 2 -- Homecoming - shysage



After a brief visit to the Equestria Girls world with her sister Fluttershy, the Portal brings Summer Rain back to Equestria... ...37 years into the future, and she finds... ...auguring loss...

  • ...
10
 0
 436

Chapter 6, Tragic Loss

Fluttershy led them across a longer path that would take them directly to Ponyville. Fluttershy knew the Everfree well.

They were all hoping to be able to take the Train to Dodge City, but nopony had any idea if it was even running any more. Summer said she doubted it, by the looks of Ponyville.

It was late afternoon by the time they got close to town. It was beginning to cool off now, and Summer didnt think they should even bother with the Train tonight.

Walking around behind the Library, they headed towards Town Square.

Still a good distance off, and without warning, Fluttershy stopped walking and immediately burst into tears and was sobbing uncontrollably.

All she could say was "My Twin..."

Galloping up out of nowhere, Equestria Girls Fluttershy ran quickly up to her Twin -- both were sobbing now -- then sat down in front of her, and they immediately Soul-Linked. They kept sobbing...

Summer quickly said "That could only mean..."

Five other ponies, with dark coats on, were approaching, walking quickly. The minute they saw Summer, they all burst into tears at the same time, and ran quickly to her side... They were all quickly crying together.

A nearby lightning strike jolted them all, and Summer said "we need to get inside."

Summer and Shysage gently pulled the Fluttershy Twins apart, and they all rushed into the showroom of Dawn's shop. It was soon pouring outside.

The Fluttershy Twins immediately re-established the Soul-Link, and were crying together again.

Summer and her friends were immediately crying together too in the middle of the room. They cried for a while.

After everypony calmed down, Dawn came into the room, and bowed deeply to her Princess. Summer just pulled her up and hugged her tightly.


With the warmth from the fireplace from the back room, flowing through the open door to what used to be the showroom, it was fairly warm inside, even though pouring cold rain outside.

At this point, all of the Equestria Girls took their coats off, and Summer and Shysage did too. Well the Fluttershy Twins didn't until later.

Summer worked around the room, and introduced everypony to Dawn. This included introducing Shysage as her Stallion.

Dawn was crying herself at all of this. "My grandmother talked a lot about all of you special ponies. I never dreamed..."

Summer just hugged her.

After calming down some, Dawn said "Summer let me see what I can find to feed you and your friends" then she headed into the back.

It was quiet for a minute, then Shysage said "Just so you all understand what happened, the Portal sent Summer 37 years into the future. It has only been maybe three weeks for Summer since your 'Spring Break' visit to Equestria. It has been 37 years for the rest of us.

Equestria Girls Twilight just said "Wow..." The rest said the same thing silently.

Summer looked slowly around the room, then said honestly "Thirty seven years? Ladies you all look amazing..."

Equestria Girls Rainbow Dash said quickly "Well I feel amazing... I was sure I would be going into Alcohol withdrawal by now... I promise, I won't ever drink again!"

Equestria Girls Pinkie Pie added "Ya, I don't know why, but my blood sugar seems to have leveled out. And the pain I had from my cancer -- I haven't felt that at all.

"Me either" Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle added.

Shysage was crying... Summer didn't know why, and just stayed near him. Shysage tried to speak.

"Ladies please listen. The Portal removed all of your 'pre-existent medical conditions', so all the physical issues you had when you entered the Portal are now gone.

"Not only that, but since you have all come through the Portal from your world to Equestria, while you are here, you will..

...no longer age."

Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle did the math first, and yelled "We can START OVER!!!!" and immediately burst into tears.

Shysage simply said "Yes..."

All of the Equestria Girls were crying now...

After 35 years of disaster in their own world... In their wildest dreams, they never thought they would get a second chance... ...and here of all places...

Summer didn't know this. "Shysage, really?" Her blue eyes got very big.

Shysage moved and sat down in front of his Mare and hugged her tight. "Summer, neither of us will age any more here."

Summer was quickly sobbing on his shoulder... This was simply too good to be true... ...a long time... ...with her Stallion...

Equestria Girls Twilight waited until Summer had calmed down, then Twilight asked, really for all of them. "Will our Twins no longer age as well Shysage?"

Shysage did not have a Twin, but from the outside he knew it was unlike anything else. He anticipated the response he got. He said simply "Yes... Physically, they all look the same as they did thirty seven years ago."

Well Fluttershy was right there...

The Equestria Girls were all sobbing deeply...

After everypony calmed down, again, Shysage moved back to Summer's side and sat down.

Twilight Sparkle next asked "Shysage, do you know anything about the rest of our Twins?"

The Fluttershy Twins heard this question, and stopped the Soul Link immediately.

Shysage replied quietly "Princess Twilight was banished, and Summer wanted to find all her girls, starting tomorrow if the weather lets us. Having you all here will make a huge difference too I think -- Princess Twilight deeply loves you too."


After a brief pause, both Fluttershy Twins walked up and sat down in front of Summer, facing her. Everypony else in the room was immediately quiet. The Equestria Girls had talked about this on the way, they knew this. It would not be easy for their friend. The Fluttershy Twins were not going to wait for Summer to ask.

Equestria Girls Fluttershy spoke softly.

"Summer, your Twin lived an amazing life. She found an amazing husband, had a wonderful family, and never ceased bringing love and friendship wherever she went. In a lot of ways her life accomplished a lot more than the rest of us maybe. And she always was a true friend."

"Was..." This was all Summer could say... She was already sobbing...

Equestria Girls Fluttershy finished.

"Summer, your Twin was killed by a drunk driver... She was on the way to pick her youngest daughter up from band practice at the High School..."

Then both Fluttershys said together "We're so sorry Sis..." and they both cried on her shoulders...

Crashing Thunder outside... Shysage's Mare would need him a lot tonight. Summer knew Shysage would take care of her... He always did.

After crying with the Fluttershys maybe half an hour, Summer wanted just Shysage, and just alone.

Dawn quickly sensed that some sort of extremely bad news was communicated, and she offered Shyage and Summer the use of she and Camille's room, for which Shysage thanked her.

Dawn mentioned to the rest of the group that she did have a few Oat pies, but that they could wait until the morning to eat, and everypony assured her that was fine, and sincerely thanked her for her hospitality. It was still pouring outside.

They could have talked more together, but the pain of the loss of a Twin was almost unimaginable. They decided to just try to get some sleep.

Summer cried in Shysage's arms, in her Equestria Girls form, for much of the night. Summer was thankful that Shysage could even be there to hold her. Summer didn't even want to think about trying to cope with this tragic loss on her own.

In the middle of the night, Summer switched them both back to their pony form. Summer was just weeping softly.

Shysage had been weeping softly the whole time.

"Shysage, I don't know what I'd ever do without you..." Summer said softly through her tears.

"Well, I don't ever want to find out" Shysage replied honestly.

After a few minutes, Shysage said "Summer you tell me how you want to sleep tonight."

Summer thought for a minute. "I want to be as close to you as I can, but I don't want to cause any problems."

"Summer I love you, and I will do what I need to, just let me know." Shysage said quietly.

"Let's just sleep next to each other on our bellies like we did the other night at your house" Summer said calmly. Well, it was the 'other night' for Summer.

They both rolled over on their bellies, and Shysage got as close to his Mare as he could like this. Then Shysage put his head down in the straw between Summer's forelegs, and Summer put her head right next to his.

They were both soon fast asleep.

When Shysage awoke the next morning, he was on his side, and Summer was asleep between his front legs, with her head just below his, and with her back and wings tucked up against his chest.

Shysage didn't move. Well, he reached around her chest just a little with his front leg, and pulled her close. She sighed audibly in her sleep.

Shysage's breathing didn't shift, but tears were quickly streaming sideways across his face, dripping into the straw below.

After a little while, Summer woke up.

Shysage just said softly "I love you."

Summer could tell right away, and quickly rolled away from him so she could see his face. "Shysage, you were crying... Did I do something wrong?"

Shysage sat up and quickly said, eyes still wet... "Summer you are amazing... You are easily one in ten thousand... I could look a thousand years, and still not find a mare like you... The 'putting others first' of true friendship simply and quietly permeates everything you do...

"You selected a position for us both that you knew would allow me to actually sleep. After that, you gently moved me and slept where you wanted to be... I don't know how you did that without waking me, but that's where you wanted to be, and that's all that matters to me...

"Summer, I don't deserve you... ...but I deeply love you..."

They just rubbed noses a little while.

Then Summer said softly "Let's go find Pinkie."