• Published 9th May 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 2 -- Homecoming - shysage



After a brief visit to the Equestria Girls world with her sister Fluttershy, the Portal brings Summer Rain back to Equestria... ...37 years into the future, and she finds... ...auguring loss...

  • ...
10
 0
 436

Chapter 18, Setting Up

"Spike, send a letter to Princess Celestia. I want an Air Coach at my Castle as soon as possible, and two more at the Crystal Palace for the Equestria Girls." Princess Twilight said calmly.

"Shysage, Summer, I need you to go through the Portal and get all of the Equestria Girls. Tell them it is not an emergency, but we need all of them here."

The rest of Twilight's girls became VERY excited at this, they would see their Twin's soon. They had not seen them in over three weeks, and their last parting had been very difficult.

Princess Twilight was excited too. She loved her Twin. They all did.

Still Princess said softly "Girls I know we are all anxious to see our Twins, and we will probably all stay here tonight, and spend some time together. Tomorrow will be a very important day however, and we will need to be able to focus. Just prepare yourselves for that."

In maybe forty minutes, Summer and Shysage were walking down the main hall at Equestria High. It was early afternoon, so Summer led them both to Principal Celestia's office.

Summer knocked, and Principal Celestia asked them in. Summer and the Principal hugged briefly.

"Principal, Princess Twilight wants the Equestria girls all in Equestria" Summer said quietly. "It is not an emergency, she just needs them all to come."

Principal Celestia immediately got up, walked over to a big box, moved something on it, then picked up a 'Mic' thing and began taking. Her voice reverberated down the halls.

"I apologize for the interruption students, but would Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy and Summer Rain please come to my office. Thank you."

It surely didn't escape the notice of the rest of the students that these girls weren't just 'any students' that got called in by the Principal.

These girls were quickly walking arm in arm as they joined each other in the halls. They were all smiling broadly, anticipating what they would find.

They were soon all inside Principal Celestia's office. Everypony cried, and hugged Summer. They were so glad to see a piece of Equestria again. Equestria was in their hearts.

The seven Twins were soon crying with tears of joy at the news, Princess Twilight needed them to come. They would be with their Twins, and in Equestria very soon. It was Thursday anyway, so nopony even hesitated at this amazing request.

They would soon be 'home'...

Principal Celestia had them leave all their 'stuff' in her office, and the seven Twins headed to the Portal, and walked through every 30 seconds maybe. They were all weeping softly...

Summer and Shysage went last.


Everypony was familiar with this, and most were able to throw themselves forward at the Equestria end. Fluttershy and Twilight still fell, but were quickly helped up and out of the way by the others.

Everypony was still weeping... They loved this place... They loved their Twins...

Princess Cadance met everypony in the Portal room, and walked them down to three Air Coaches waiting outside.

Summer, her Twin and Shysage were in one of the coaches.

Rather than wait for Summer to even ask, Shysage said quietly "Summer, I know you love your Twin, and I know she is amazing too. While she is around, please enjoy your time together, and don't worry about me. I have plenty I can do."

Summer began to cry again, and put her head down on Shysage's shoulder. "I don't deserve you" she said softly.

Shysage slowly lifted his shoulder, which raised Summer's head, and he rubbed her nose briefly with his. It was a bold move, but he didn't regret it.

Summer got the point and smiled at him.

Later that afternoon, all seven Twins were soon sitting on the grass in front of Princess Twilight's new Castle, hugging their Twins, head to head, weeping. They all fell into the Soul-Link at about the same time.

It was heaven for each of them, and most wept softly. This was just perfect peace alongside an almost carbon copy of themselves, no harm, pain or evil could come.

Shysage didn't have a Twin, but from what Summer had told him, it was unlike anything else.

Summer and Shysage had both worked together to carefully document this amazing gem, especially in chapter 41 of the first volume of Summer's Chronicles. Summer said words really couldn't adequately describe it.

Even so, Shysage didn't think he wanted to be in the middle of a slumber party with these fourteen girls, even though he had come to love them all dearly.

Shysage walked back to his house, and started working on volume 4 of Princess Celestia's commentaries. It was almost done, it had been a good year for Princess Twilight and True Friendship. It was still magic.

Shysage went to sleep early for once.


When Shysage woke up the next morning, both Summers were sleeping, next to each other, and facing him. They both looked like it had been a rough night.

Shysage knew from talking to Summer that her Twin had a similar run-in with Rape, and was trying to fight the same demons. That also surfaced early in Summer's dream too. The specifics were not important, they were both plagued with the same lies.

Shysage was again disgusted that men could cause such hideous damage, then laugh and walk away. The culture in the Equestria Girls world just turned a blind eye towards this mounting pain. That was disgusting too.

Shysage knew there was a far more serious problem there, true 'Lady-ness' was being erased on his home planet... Shysage stopped himself here. Still he didn't like his home planet. In so many ways, it was simply rushing head-long towards the precipice...

But two amazing mares, shattered with one of the 'poisons' of Shysage's world were right before him. Shysage put his head back down, and tried to think of some way he could help both Summers. The monster's curse was so strong...

Before he had gotten much thought in, the Summer Twins woke up, and still looked haggard and drained, even when they were awake...

Shysage asked that they sit up, and managed to hug them both without falling over backwards. He was quickly crying, he cared about both of these mares.

He said simply "I wish I could convey to you both how absolutely priceless each of you are... It breaks my heart to see the monster's lies torture you both so..."

Shysage stopped here because he was crying, and couldn't talk any more. They cried with him for a little while, then they all headed back to the Castle.

Shysage doubted what he said did much good... ...he had to try though... True friends...


Princess Twilight said Shysage would need his printed text of 'Summer's Dream', and so he slipped his shoulder bag on before leaving.

When Shysage and the two Summers arrived at the Castle, everypony was getting ready to leave.

Somepony asked where they were going, and Princess Twilight said simply "Deathwell".

Shysage was amazed at this, but said nothing. He didn't even know if such a place existed.

They all walked out to Applejack's Farm first, then from there they headed into the Everfree, to Zecora's hut.

Princess Twilight went in and hugged her friend, and they chatted briefly. Zecora would come and watch from the background.

They headed further into the Everfree, and sure enough, they were soon standing in a clearing, just like the one described in 'Summer's Dream'.

Shysage had never even been here before.

Soon after, two Air Coaches landed near them. The Luna Twins and Celestia Twins were now present as well, but were probably here just to observe like Zecora. The five of them found a place near the pathway in, and sat down at the edge of the clearing.

The Air Coaches quickly left.

The stage was set.