• Published 9th May 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 2 -- Homecoming - shysage



After a brief visit to the Equestria Girls world with her sister Fluttershy, the Portal brings Summer Rain back to Equestria... ...37 years into the future, and she finds... ...auguring loss...

  • ...
10
 0
 436

Chapter 19, Coming Clean, Part 2

Princess Twilight explained that the first order of business was that Shysage would read the entire text of 'Summer's Dream'.

For this, the Twins all sat in a circle, with Shysage between the two Summers and the two Fluttershys. They were close enough to Zecora and the Celestia and Luna Twins so that they too could all easily hear everything.

In fact, Princess Twilight wanted everypony to hear. With the exception of Princess Cadance, the rest of the rulers of Equestria were present. Princess Twilight took this all very seriously.

Shysage just read chapters 1 through 15 -- 'Summer's Dream', as best as he could. Group responses recorded here are general only; there were a lot more details, and it was just hard to cover individual responses.

There were a lot of details in this dream -- Summer's recollection of it was very vivid.


All the Equestria Girls wept openly as Shysage read chapter 1. They could easily see this happening, and really did feel separated by the Portal. While they didn't want to see their lives a wreck, they looked forward to the day when the Portal would separate them no longer.

Shysage had difficulty reading chapter 2, and Fluttershy cried too.

Summer, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna cried a lot during chapter 3. Coming home to a gutted Equestria was hard for Summer, but the Princesses grieved at the state of their realm portrayed in Summer's dream. It was a frightening picture to them. They did not want to see this happen.

Equestria pony Summer put her leg around Shysage's neck, then they both cried as Shysage tried to read chapter 4.

Chapter 5 included a lot. Both Fluttershys smiled and said they wanted Panthers like that, but at the end, Princess Twilight was having trouble with the prospect of being banished to Zecora's hut without Zecora.

The rejoining with the Equestria Girl Twins in the first part of chapter 6 made everypony cry. They kept crying though, the prospect of losing a Twin was terrible.

Through the end of chapter 6, the Summer Twins just held each other and cried. This was a terrible night for Summer in her dream. But at least it was only a dream...

The more detailed look at the chain of events that lead to the fall of Equestria recorded in chapter 7, again drew tears from the Princesses present. They all were clearly taking this scenario seriously.

It was dead quiet when Shysage read chapter 8, especially the parts discussing the role intimacy may have played in Equestria's unraveling in Summer's dream.

Still, each of the Princesses knew that, in Summer's Dream, Shysage had correctly surfaced the nature of the 'Elements of Harmony', and the dangers that any fractures in Twilight's circle would quickly present.

Everypony present either knew or realized that guarding the use of the 'Elements of Harmony' had to be a priority.

The chapter including the fight with Eschate Zumulus (9), brought tears from Princess Twilight and all her girls, well and Shysage too. Nopony wanted to see their Princess hurt like that. It was just tough.

No mention was made about Summer defeating Eschate Zumulus. Everypony was pretty sure the Phantom Alicorn could easily do that again.

The chapter about re-establishing communion, and finding complete devotion among Princess Twilight's circle (10), left Princess Twilight sobbing. She almost had Shysage read it again, but finally decided to say simply this "If we can't maintain our communion and devotion, we might as well stop now. We will talk about this more later."

Chapter 11 covered the trip back to Ponyville after the defeat of Eschate Zumulus. Responses focused mainly on discussion at Dawn's that evening. Princess Twilight was deeply moved by the lesson she mentioned in Summer's Dream.

Chapters 12-14 covered the rebirth of Ponyville, and everypony was just amazed at the vividness of Summer's recollection of this process. Summer's sister and the Rarity Twins teared up briefly that the mention of their weddings.

Chapter 15 covered the final confrontation with Phantasma, and formed the end of 'Summer's Dream'. The group felt for Summer, but most didn't think this would happen.


Right where everypony sat, Princess Twilight next addressed everypony, crying... "There was a lot here, but the main thing I see is that our communion, our mutual devotion must be cherished and guarded above all, or we may as well just quit now...

"Summer's dream clearly portrayed the extent to which Equestria and the thousands of ponies in it, specifically and absolutely DEPENDS on us maintaining that bond, our communion with and devotion towards each other.

"Shysage back out, and girls circle up as twins, and join hoof to hoof. We are going to try to group link, and will wait until everything is clear so we can do this.

"I am dead serious, this has to be done, and will probably be something we do occasionally in the future as well."

Shysage was dumb-founded at this. He didn't even think a group link was possible, and he had told Summer so. If this worked, it would just amaze this Canterlot Recorder. But maybe... ...maybe Princess Twilight 'just knew'... Shysage backed off and watched.

Princess Twilight assumed a much softer tone and next said quietly "Girls, don't be ashamed or bashful, we are all in this together. We all need this from each other."

"I will start by admitting to a growing pride at what I have become..." Princess Twilight was crying again. "Girls, it's not me... Just like the dream, I am only what your presence makes me. It's you... your presence, that makes me the Princess I am... ...I'm so sorry..."

It was silent briefly.

Both Rainbows spoke softly next. "Fluttershy for years, I've always consider you a wimp, but honestly realize that your sensitivity is an amazing gift. I'm sorry." At this point, both Rainbows each hugged their respective Fluttershy, and wept briefly, then both Fluttershys said "It's ok Rainbow, I love you."

It was silent briefly again.

Both Applejacks spoke next. "Rarity, I have silently resented your insistance on Fashion... But I just shouldn't. Your eye for beauty is amazing, and I love you for it." Both Raritys quickly ran over and hugged their respective Applejacks.

The Group Link sprang to life at this point. This was all it took...

The seven Twins all fell into each other's loving presence. The group link brought them all together. It was amazing. They loved each other from the inside now too... ...and they all found... ...Devotion... ...Devotion to each other, and devotion to their Princess...

Shysage was amazed too... But then realized, Princess Twilight just knew... Shysage also noted that they were able to do this in their pony form. Shysage knew that was important.

They stayed linked, and enjoyed communion with each other for maybe ten minutes.

Princess Twilight then broke the link, then had the Summer Twins back out. Princess Twilight asked that they re-establish the link, and it worked as before.

Five minutes later, Princess Twilight broke the link again.

Princess Twilight was ready.