• Published 9th May 2014
  • 436 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 2 -- Homecoming - shysage



After a brief visit to the Equestria Girls world with her sister Fluttershy, the Portal brings Summer Rain back to Equestria... ...37 years into the future, and she finds... ...auguring loss...

  • ...
10
 0
 436

Chapter 21, Untangling the monster's Curse, Part 2

After the defeat of Eschate Zumulus and Phantasma, the now 9 Twins simply Soul-Linked, and were mostly quiet. Zecora left, and returned to her hut.

...

Shysage walked slowly over to the far side of the clearing, away from everypony else, faced the forest, and sat down.

...

It didn't take long...

...

He was soon laying on the ground, curled up in a ball, sobbing...

His amazing friend Summer was broke... Her Twin was broke...

It was just getting worse...

The monsters were winning...

Shysage cared deeply about both amazing mares. But he felt so helpless... Huge needs... No resources...

...

Shysage had no idea how long he cried... It didn't matter...

...

Both Twilights walked over... Shysage didn't even know until Princess spoke.

"Shysage don't move, what's wrong?"

Shysage was sobbing and couldn't stop, but managed to try and make a little sense. Even so, he didn't even pick his head up, his tail was still covering it.

"The monster's lies... ...ruining both Summers..."

That's about all he could say, and began sobbing again...

It was silent again, both Twilight's had walked off.

...

Shysage kept crying...

...

After a little while, Equestria Girls Twilight Sparkle walked over... weeping softly herself...

"Shysage, please come join us" was all she said, and she walked back.

...

Shysage picked his head up, and worked on calming down, wiping tears away from his face with his leg...

He got up, then slowly walked towards the group.

They were waiting...

Shysage realized they wanted him in the Group Link.

Shysage sighed.

Shysage had no secrets to hide... Just far too much pain inside...

...

The gap was between the two Summers, and Shysage hugged Equestria pony Summer and cried on her shoulder a minute. She just cried with him...

...

Then, hoof to hoof, they started the Group Link...

...

Shysage immediately relaxed, it was amazing, and very peaceful...

...

Shysage was soon choking back tears... The pain he saw in his own soul absolutely appalled him...

For years he had drank down rage and abuse, from those who should have loved him... As the true friend that he was, he quietly served them while completely emptying himself... Shysage had no idea the wreckage this had left inside...

He saw it now... He felt utterly humiliated... Simply cast off...

Shysage just sat there, eyes closed, head slightly up, and didn't make a sound. Even so, tears were streaming down his face.

...

Equestria pony Summer saw something far different...

She was soon sobbing herself... Shysage loved her deeply... She saw it from the inside now... She didn't just hear it, or feel it... She knew it now... She easily saw the monster's lies for what they were, and they were quickly gone... That's all it took... Summer was free...

...

Equestria Girls Summer also watched this process, in her Twin, and herself saw the monster's lies for what they were... If another man could love her Twin, her exact duplicate, just like this, and treasure her the way Shysage treasured Summer...

The monster's lies quickly faded away from Equestria Girl Summer's soul as well, she was free too...

...

Before bringing Shysage over, Princess Twilight had asked the girls to try not to overwhelm Shysage. This was a very personal meeting after all, and Princess Twilight explained this was mainly for the two Summer's benefit. They both needed to see inside this stallion.

The girls largely respected this, and simply and silently supported the link that allowed their two friends to see, to know what they needed...

...

The two Fluttershys simply could not look away from such pain... They had to at least try to help... They were Fluttershys after all, and quickly saw what they had both guessed, Shysage was too...

Still, nopony could touch Shysage's pain. But in the calmness of the link, they both just calmly stood with him. That's all they could do, but Shysage felt he wasn't alone, and that surely helped.

...

Equestria pony Summer was the only one who ventured further into Shysage's soul, and even so, she didn't stay long, she had already found his amazing devotion...

She found out why Shysage was crying silently now, and saw the ocean of pain his family had left behind.

Summer also found a far different wound inside Shysage's soul, also very large... It was from the night the monsters had taken her... Summer didn't know what it was, but decided she needed to ask Shysage at some point.

...

The task of this special link was complete as Equestria pony Summer KNEW that both she and her Twin were liberated from the blatant lies of their own unworthiness -- which was the monster's curse...

Summer and her Twin were free...

Summer then broke the link.

Most of the Twins all wandered off a little, then Soul-Linked again and were quiet.

...

Shysage didn't move, and was still crying silently, eyes closed.

Summer's sister Fluttershy walked up and hugged him, and he opened his eyes.

She said softly "We could not help with your pain at all, but we both realize we could easily do the same thing. We will never marry a stallion who does not fully understand us."

Then the Fluttershys walked some distance away, and Soul-Linked and were silent.

...

Shysage closed his eyes again. Tears again formed, and flowed down his face...

A different pony hugged Shysage, and he know it was Equestria pony Summer right away. She was crying too... They just cried together for a little while, hugging tightly.

Shysage forced himself to stop crying, and said softly "Summer spend time with your Twin while you can. I'll be ok, and we can talk later."

Summer hugged Shysage tightly again, then she and her Twin were soon Soul-Linked and were quiet.

"At least they are both free now" Shysage thought to himself. Shysage lay down, put his head down, and was soon weeping softly again. This meant a lot to him.