• Published 9th May 2014
  • 437 Views, 0 Comments

The Chronicles of Summer Rain, Vol. 2 -- Homecoming - shysage



After a brief visit to the Equestria Girls world with her sister Fluttershy, the Portal brings Summer Rain back to Equestria... ...37 years into the future, and she finds... ...auguring loss...

  • ...
10
 0
 437

Chapter 14, Second Month

Towards then end of the second month, it was summer.

It just looked to everypony, well those that could remember anyway, that Ponyville was almost 'back to normal'.

It was mostly new faces, and a lot of new buildings, but still...

Besides, with two Pinkies around, Ponyville couldn't be happier.


Two Unicorn stallions rolled into town this month, Beau and Big Gent.

Nopony could figure out the significance of the names, they looked identical and were very handsome.

They were both trained as rug-weavers. Problem was that in Eschate Zumulus' kingdom, there was no yarn to weave with. They both loved their trade, but couldn't practice it.

These brothers heard life was springing up in Ponyville, and headed west from Manehatten to find out.

They narrowly missed getting eaten by Phantasma as they passed through Canterlot. Nopony told them she was still alive.

Townsponies in Ponyville quickly directed them to Rarity's Boutique.

The Gent brothers thought they were in heaven when they found out Rarity had a bunch of yarn.

Both Raritys quickly volunteered to give them some. Both Raritys would have probably given them all of it had they asked, they were both very taken by these two dashing gents.

The Gent brothers set up shop in the building next to the Boutique, which they had to repair first. Some other ponies from the town helped them too.

The Gent brothers and the Raritys both appreciated the amazing artistic talent of each other.

However, it soon became clear that there was more going on. Without even fighting, or even knowing what the other was thinking, couples quickly formed.

Both Raritys found their dashing stallions it seemed.

They soon approached Princess Twilight, together, and asked to be married.

Before even considering this, Princess Twilight called a special meeting of all the Twins, and just the Twins.

Summer and Shysage were only there to record the results.

"Girls, how are we going to deal with the fact that we won't age, but any Stallions we take will?" Princess Twilight asked.

Fluttershy started crying immediately "Oh please don't tell anypony... I think that would crush Desert Spring... He loves me so much, and I just couldn't bare to hurt him at all..."

Fluttershy's sister and nine other dear friends quickly surrounded Fluttershy and comforted her.

"Ok, so this is the plan" Princess Twilight said. "Nopony is to know that we will no longer age. If anypony is asked specifically about this, then ladies you need to come talk to me."

The two Rarity Twins were married a week later in a double ceremony in the newly rebuilt Town Hall.

It took the Rarity Twins almost that whole week to get 'everything right' with the decorations and such, and they both wailed the whole time during the maybe 45 minute ceremony.

Princess Twilight married them and that was that.

The new couples simply built a door between their two shops. Equestria Girls Rarity and Beau Gent lived in the Rug Wing, and Equestria pony Rarity and Big Gent lived in the Fabric wing. They all four worked together, and everypony got along great.

And they made some really amazing stuff.

They all worked on a rug for Princess Twilight that included a picture of both Princess Twilight and her Twin -- it was very nice. It was prominently displayed at the bottom of the stairs in the Library.


This second month also included a day when the Applejacks missed the daily morning ceremony.

Princess Twilight suspected nothing amiss, and they proceeded without them.

They missed the next day too however.

Princess Twilight said simply "Girls, lets go."

Nopony asked where, they were headed out to Applejacks.

As they all walked up the hill to the barn, both Applejacks met them, in tears.

Equestria pony Applejack said "Princess, I'm sorry... We have a bunch of apples ready to harvest, and not enought time in the day to do it... We have been working dawn to dusk... We just don't know what to do..."

Princess Twilight hugged her friend tightly, then said "Applejack, just ask. We are all here for you."

They did the Twins Ceremony right then and there, then they all helped the Apples harvest a bumper crop of apples.

Friendship was magic again.


Another amazing thing happened right at the end of this second month.

The Rainbows were out doing their job, and they saw them coming, and quickly got out of their way.

Still, the Rainbows rounded everypony up, and they headed out to where Summer's Tree used to be, so they could watch.

It was the Dragon Migration.

They watched for maybe half an hour, then all of a sudden, a fairly large dragon flew quickly, and fairly low overhead. A bunch of the ponies screamed.

This dragon was maybe 25 feet long, and landed with a crash near them.

Ponies were screaming as the dragon walked slowly towards them.

Well, Summer and her sister weren't screaming.

Summer laughed, then said "Oh Spike, stop scaring everypony."

Spike honestly didn't know who everypony was, but that voice helped him out. He was soon crying with Princess Twilight.

Fluttershy just knew, and Summer remembered what Spike looked like in the Portal room... ...maybe six months ago for her...

Spike's voice was a little lower, but otherwise he was the same Spike in a substantially larger dragon body.

Even though Spike was bigger, his presence brought Princess Twilight amazingly back to a much younger time. Her "Phillie" side was coming out, and Summer cried at this.

Spike took Princess Twilight for a fairly long ride, well long enough to concern everypony. She came back laughing, she had a great time.

Just for old time sake, she magically made a letter appear, sealed it, and threw it into the air.

Spike gave a 'whoosh' of fire, and it was gone.

Everypony was instantly quiet.

Equestria Girls Rarity had been a Unicorn since birth too.

"Princess Twilight" Rarity said quietly, "Where did that letter go?"

Princess Twilight answered without thinking "Probably on the ground near Princess Celestia, I don't know."

"Was there magic in that letter Princess?" Rarity asked. She knew the answer though.

Princess Twilight's eyes got very big, and she said simply "Oh no..."