• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,281 Views, 17 Comments

Pony May Cry - Blubber



Twilight arrives on Marelet Island after receiving a quest to stop an unknown evil From Celestia

  • ...
3
 17
 1,281

Mission 1: Curse of the Living Statues

Twilight looked around the pathway and noted that the sea was to the right and a giant rock wall was to her left “Sometimes I think Celestia is just sending me on these because of what happened when I tried to throw her a surprise party all those years ago.” Sighed Twilight as she walked on the cobblestone pathway leading up to the castle. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen such beautiful architecture in such good condition, I can imagine Rarity ‘flipping out’ over this and coming back to her senses and saying ‘*clears throat* excuse me, ladies don’t flip out’. “Oh Rarity if only you were here with me, but then again too much whining” Twilight muttered thinking about Rarity.

Twilight walked up the hill and noticed a few half-filled vials lying around filled with all sorts of strange coloured liquids. “I would hate to blindly drink those” Thought twilight as she prodded one vial with magenta liquid in it, which spilled out onto the cobblestone and started to fizzle and melt the ground.

Twilight knocked on the gigantic wood and steel hybrid door that was the entrance way to the castle. “Hello?” Twilight called hoping that nopony would answer the door. “Is anypony there?” Twilight called as she heard hoofsteps coming from inside. “I don’t mean to be a bother but is somepony there?” Twilight began to suspect something was terribly wrong with the castle.

A clicking noise came from behind Twilight, and as she spun around to identify the sound the ground opened up beneath her and she fell into the cavern, too shocked to fly or conjure any spells she hit the ground hard and slowly started to stand up, “Ouch, sometimes I wish I didn’t accept all the quests that Celestia gave me, then I wouldn’t have to fall into pits all the damn time!” Twilight grumbled at the top of her voice as she started to heal her cuts and scrapes she acquired from that fall. Twilight inspected the cavern and noted that it should have killed her, if the spike trap was still operational. “That’s what hundreds of years do to you if you don’t take care of yourself” Twilight mocked the broken spike trap.

“Truly, I love going on adventures outside of books and those that Celestia and Luna give me but I hate doing these pit trap ones” Twilight continued to rant about all the quests that involve falling into pits and caverns. “But its fine, at least now I can gain access to the castle.” Twilight said to brighten her demeanour as she pushed open the creaky wooden door. It gave way to a narrow corridor. “I don’t think that anypony has been here for a very long while, maybe not since the lunar banishment.” Twilight assessed as she wandered down the corridor that the door lead to. “I wonder what in Celestia’s name could have built this castle and all the other things on Marelet Island.” Twilight questioned as she started to feel insecure about here destination.

Twilight was grateful that there were torched and candles that lit the way every 4 or so meters. “Am I glad that these torches haven’t burned out yet, otherwise even with my magic I wouldn’t be headed anywhere but into the same wall every time.” Joked Twilight as a breeze threatened to extinguish some of the torches. Twilight walked into a room with its door blown to bits by what seemed to be an explosive or fire magic, “Hello I mean no harm just come out if you can hear my voice.” Twilight hollered as she stepped into the centre of the room. “Oh what’s this?” Twilight poked at the strange looking charm “looks like it would be important I should hold on to anything that seems like it would benefit myself or anypony later, maybe this is a sign that I’m headed the right way.”

She walked out of the room and back to the corridor “Seems like this castle wants to be explored and wants to make games with those who do.” Twilight assessed as she walked into a heavy steel door that read ‘One must offer ones charm for the door, the door craves all things strange, in its delight the passage will open’ “I guess that must mean this charm” Twilight presented the charm to the door and it was levitated in a light beige aura before being teleported somewhere. The door opened to a large room which looked like the entrance of the royal castle in Canterlot before Celestia and Luna redecorated and refurbished it, but there was one strange thing that stood out from the rest, a statue of what looked like Chrysalis. “Something tells me that she has something to do with all this.” Twilight remarked as she walked up to the statue which read ‘The mighty ruler of the Changelings, she will bring us love to power our stony bones.’ “Wow Catchy” Twilight said sarcastically “I don’t know about all this stony bones business but I guess it’s something that I will have to face later on” Twilight muttered to herself as a breeze started to blow.

Twilight started to turn around to observe the rest of what she labelled as; The Entrance Hall. “I need to construct a map to navigate around this castle.” Twilight said summoning some parchment and a quill with an ink pot. “Now if this is the entrance hall then these go here…”Twilight rambled to herself as she finished mapping the Entrance hall, the Caverns and the initial Cobblestone pathway. “Hold it, Wait.” Twilight screamed to nopony but herself, “That’s the door that I knocked at before!” Twilight rushed over to examine the Door. “Seems like somepony barricaded the door with ancient magic but I’m sure there are other ways to break through if needed.” Twilight stepped away from the door and walked gleefully back to her temporary ‘home base’.

“So I guess that if this is anything like the ‘Castle of the two sisters’ and the royal castle in Canterlot, then there’s levers and rooms everywhere. That’s if it is the same type of Architecture which it isn’t so… I have to map every room and the paths that I take then.” Twilight said standing up and packing all her things into her saddlebags. “Then I assume that my search should start at that door.” Said Twilight pointing at 2 doors at once, “Oh well…”Twilight cleared her throat “Let’s try the fancy one first.” Twilight trotted over to the elegantly engraved door to find another riddle “Not this again, I think these are on all the important doors.” Twilight started to feel annoyed but refreshed herself just before she did anything Equestria would deeply regret.

The door read ‘only a tribute of dead souls will grant you access to my realm’. “Again Catchy” Twilight remarked and she started to contemplate the meaning behind the riddle. “Dead souls? Where do I get Dead souls?” Twilight complained as she sat down on an old couch, which exploded from age. But instead of Dust, woodchips, and fluff; it yielded blood red crystals orbs, “GwAAAHHH!!” Twilight screamed as she fell to the floor right on her flank, “Ow… wood sucks as a cushion. Huh? Red Crystal Orbs, They look like dead pony spirits. Hay maybe this is what the door wanted!” Twilight picked up the Red Orbs and waltzed over to the door. When she presented the Orbs the door the same light beige aura wrapped around the Red Orbs and they were sucked into the door knob, after which the door’s Inscription changed ‘Found the source of what I asked, but more is needed for you to pass’ “Well then I guess anything that looks destructible gives off these and I probably can use then later so… I guess buck tables and chairs?” Twilight felt uncertain of what she needed to do but she knew that these Red Orbs could mean something.

Twilight noted down that Red Orbs have something to do with the Castle and the Red Orbs are connected to Dead Pony Spirits. “Well this means that with these spirits I can set them free by using them somehow.” Twilight said aloud to make sure that her wording is correct which it always is. “I hope the use of these actually frees the spirits as the prisons are destroyed.” Twilight hoped as she started to destroy more furniture to collect the Orbs.

Twilight spent the next half an hour deciding what can and can’t be broken for Orbs. The list is: Furniture, pottery, barrels… Can’t be broken: Floor, Doors, outside items eg. my belongings, and inanimate statues. “I don’t know why I attempted to destroy my own belongings for orbs… but all for the power of knowledge!” Twilight said as she repaired the table she summoned.
“That seems to be all the items that can and can’t, now to give some to the door.” Twilight joyously said as she gave the rest of the Orbs to the Door. The door violently swung open and the area around the door knob started to splinter, “Ok now to investigate this hallway, also send a letter to Princess Celestia after you have finished exploring the other doorways.” Twilight told herself to tone down some of her adrenaline after bucking and magically dissipating all the furniture in the Entrance Hall. Twilight had always wanted to destroy items of no worth and value that didn’t belong to anypony when she was mad, now she can all she wants. “Control is at utmost importance here, who knows what could come after me if I break the wrong thing.” Twilight remarked as she slowed her pace to that of a leisurely walking 75 year old mare.

Twilight walked to the end of the hallway, a single door stood in her path but when she pushed it; it opened into a room with a single torch lighting the room, it looked like an old study fit for a noble pony and resonated with knowledge as Twilight slowly investigated the room and took the time to stare out the window to see a courtyard just across the windows glass, in the centre there was a statue with a key on the hilt of its sword. “Looks like an old guards pony statue, that key looks like it would fit the lock on the glossy, blood red door.” Twilight noted as she removed the key from the hilt and proceeded to walk away. A shrill sound occurred behind Twilight who covered her ears, and she turned around to see multiple Stone Guards all directing their swords towards Twilight. “GwAAAHHH!” Twilight screamed as she avoided the 4 lunging Stone Guards swords via Teleportation.
“I didn’t want to have to do this but you leave me no choice!” Twilight exclaimed before summoning her quartz sword named ‘Mares Edge’, it has been Twilight’s favourite, and most faithful Sword ever since the tragedy in Tartarus. Twilight lunged at the statues and dusted 2 before having to step back while the others took their chance at getting Twilight while she was recovering from the long sword strokes.

Twilight summoned her twin magic guns – Knowledge and Friendship. “With the power in these I banish you to the pits of Tartarus!” Yelled Twilight as she fired Knowledge and Friendship at the 2 remaining Statues. They exploded on contact with the plasma projectiles. “Oh that was great, haven’t said anything like that in ages!” Twilight jumped in her happiness before taking a few deep breaths to calm herself.

“Lucky I always have Knowledge and Friendship by my side, no point sending these away if there are more of those ‘living statues’.” Twilight said slinging Mares edge over her back and attaching Knowledge and Friendship onto her flank using purple straps she conjured. “Now I would assume by doing what I just did, more should come and I shall fight until I find the answers I’m looking for!”
Twilight Trotted back down the hall way to find more statues being summoned through the cracks in the wall. “You shall be destroyed!” hissed one of the statues spewing dust around the hallway, it had a gold loop through the blade of its sword. “I am going to get past you and make you wish you moved on to the afterlife!” Twilight drew Mares Edge and started to glide towards the statues gracefully as she started to twirl in a cyclonic shape with Mares edge fully extended on the outer layers held by her magic. Two of the statues jumped into the cyclone and they got shredded to pieces, “How’s that on for size?!” Mocked Twilight as she broke the cyclone and watched the dust settle on her back gracefully.

She stared down the two remaining statues and cast a simple yet deadly telekinesis trap on the floor. “Come at me you mindless stones!” Twilight stepped back as the statues fell for the taunt and they became ravelled in purple vines. “Statues. Always the gullible ones hey?” Twilight mocked as the statues were crushed to pieces by the vines. “Never charge a princess who knows how to counter you” Twilight said flicking her tail at the dusty remains of the statues, slung Mares Edge over her back once more and checked that she was alone before she continued down the hall until she reached the Main Entrance hall.

“Ok now let’s actually map out that corridor and explore the rest of this hall.” Twilight planned as she started to draw the corridor and the old study. The room started to get colder as Twilight slowly summoned a lamp to light the room and warm her aching hooves, “Haven’t done that much fighting since, well in a very long time.” Twilight started to remember some of the battles she has fought in over the years and shuddered at the memory of the monsters and creatures she has fought. “Now time to put this key to the test!” Twilight walked over to the red Glossy door and unlocked it using the previously obtained key.


The Door swung open. “Now this is where the hunt begins! You hear me!” Twilight taunted walking through the door and beginning her journey into the depths of the castle.