• Published 8th May 2014
  • 1,281 Views, 17 Comments

Pony May Cry - Blubber



Twilight arrives on Marelet Island after receiving a quest to stop an unknown evil From Celestia

  • ...
3
 17
 1,281

Mission 2: The Magic Link

Mission 2: The Magic Link
Twilight walked through the door and discovered a room with a very large boom gate and a clearly marked runway of sorts, “Huh? What is this? Is that what I think it is?” Twilight quickly refreshed her composure and walked over to the ancient structure. “Celestial Glider MkIII.” Twilight read aloud and decided to mark its location, “I will probably need this for later when I’m rescuing the girls.” Twilight designated the room as ‘The hangar’ and continued on her way. “I really wish they didn’t all have to die around the same time, I really wish they lasted just a few more years, but my last attempt to keep Rarity alive for Spike’s sake caused her so much pain and suffering. Until she faded away…” Twilight reminisced as she started to sob near the plane.


“This isn’t the time to cry over what happened before” Twilight sniffled getting to her hooves and slowly walking down the hangar in a drunken fashion after the immense crying that befell her a few moments ago. “Yes come on Twilight” Twilight told herself in an effort to calm her nerves and dry her tear ducts, “Your Friends need you and they are counting on you to free them from this evil!” Twilight cast all her negative emotions aside and replaced them with determination and courage as she trotted off down another corridor which was marked ‘Library’.


Twilight walked along the hallway half focusing on walking and half focusing on her friends, “If I were a super dark being where would I be?” twilight asked herself as she walked to keep her brain working and to null the pain of the past. Twilight absent minded over thinking about the day she met her best friends in all of Equestria rammed head first into a solid gold statue with an hourglass that rotated slightly. “Oh dear.” Twilight blushed as she stood up and began to walk around the statue, inspecting it for any signs of importance. “AH! Found you information!” Twilight exclaimed as she found a plaque which read, ‘Those who seek out her mighty throne room, will perish’ “Well that’s comforting.” Twilight remarked as she read on, ‘I hold the power to bestow items to aid your quest and save you from the pits of Tartarus. In return I require ‘Red Orbs’ as tribute for these powers.’

Twilight sat in silence as she pondered the plaque… “So I just insert orbs into this thing here and I get a pull out menu showing items?” Twilight asked herself while shoving some red orbs into the statue. “Well it’s a mystery, but I think I have an idea to solving this.” Twilight lit up her horn as she cast a spell that detects spirits. She recoiled as she started to see the massive colonies of spirits around the hourglass, “So those are lost spirits then… and I think after this quest of sorts I should talk to Celestia about some matters involving the dead and what not.” Twilight said aloud to herself as she shut off her spell.

“Now time to test this theory” Said Twilight softly to herself before casting her spirit connection spell. Twilight cast out her voice mentally, and heard a spirit reply “Ah, a princess. It’s been a while, only the Queen comes to refresh our spirit glass.” “So I wish to enquire about these ‘powers’” Twilight said sitting on her haunches as she spoke not wanting to strain her legs further. “The power I claim to have is in the form of scrolls, these scrolls contain a single spell that amplifies your abilities to wield a weapon or use simple magic. These also contain combos that will enable you to survive Princess.” The Spirit said summoning up a shelf of scrolls.
“Well I have the Orbs to pay for these but, I want to know something… Why are you helping me?” Twilight pursued as she started to draw out some orbs she kept in a saddle bag pocket. “Well you see dear Princess, the Queen just isn’t the same anymore and thus we wish to move on to the afterlife and be with our loved ones, as the Queens power binds us here.” The Spirit replied after some wavering. “She doesn’t care who we sell to, as long as we are held captive.”


“Well uhh…” Twilight started before realising that she didn’t know the spirits name, “Pardon me for asking dear sir but, your name is? I like to refer to ponies and beings by their name if they want to.” Twilight Asked with a guilt ridden look on her face for not asking sooner. “I don’t mean to be a bother though so… you don’t have to answer.” “My name is Filament, I died over 60 years ago and have been trapped here since she revived.” Said Filament with a saddened expression on his face, he hid it quite well but Twilight could sense his sorrow. “Listen Filament,” Twilight said after carefully thinking through her next course of action, “I promise on my name to save you from her grips and give you passage to the afterlife” Twilight walked closer to Filament and gave the golden statue a warm hug Filament slowly cheered up from his previous mood.

“Listen Miss Sparkle, you must start to continue down the corridor for there is a gift just for you. But a challenge prevents your progress after this gift.” Filament warned as he flickered out and severed Twilight’s spirit link with him. Twilight started to think about the warning before standing up and stretching her hooves and other appendages. “Wow haven’t sat that still in front of somepony for…what? 50 years?” Twilight asked herself thinking about the past once again. “No thinking about that will be detrimental to my quest and personal well-being.” Twilight started off towards the next corridor, with signs of caution she slowed her speed to that of an old Mare going up a hill.

“Sometimes I wonder if this castle will be my end, nah I have to save all the good spirits!” Twilight reassured herself as she began to get bored at the fact that she was walking really slowly. She turned around after hearing a certain sound of stones scraping along polished stone floors, “So your back? I assumed as much from lackeys of the ‘Queen’.” Twilight mocked as she turned to see Pegasi statues prepare stone wing-blades to attack her with. The Pegasi statues lunged at Twilight with anger in their demonic eyes, and caused twilight to jump slightly, “Oh, that’s going to scar… badly.” Twilight said to herself as she was clipped by one of the Pegasi wing-blades on her fore-hoof, the Pegasi turned around to face Twilight once again.

Twilight, this time ready drew Friendship and Knowledge and steadied her aim, not towards the Pegasi but towards the ground in front of her. The Pegasi lunged, this time with more conviction as Twilight took flight and started to fire down upon the stone beasts, who didn’t even have time to face their downfall as they turned into dust and stone blades. “Wow, that speed… too bad they don’t serve as guards in Cloudsdale.” Twilight panted as she limped lightly down the hallway towards the slow burning of torches and lamps of the next clearing.

“Hey… what’s that?” Twilight asked the empty room as she gazed upon a weird scythe lodged in the adjacent wall, “It has my cutie mark on it… I wonder” Twilight said as she stepped towards the scythe and reached out her hoof. Her hoof met with the hilt of the scythe and it created a blinding light temporary blinding Twilight and decimating the wall which it was held in.
After the blindness dissipated Twilight looked at her hooves, which glowed in a very deep shade of purple along with a strip of pink which looked like binding of some sort she looked at the rest of her body which emanated the same glow but it seemed to be growing in tone as it got closer to her star shaped cutie mark. “Gwah! Huh? What is this?” Twilight screamed as she circled herself attempting to see all that the ethereal coat covered which seemed to pulsate to the rhythm of her heart beat. “It seems you have gained a new form even I have not.” Celestia’s voice emanated in Twilight’s head, “What really!? Is it something that’s befitting me? Is that why it appears out of my Cutie Mark?” Twilight resonated back to Celestia via her mind.
“My dear Twilight, you must stop worrying, this form you are experiencing is ethereal represents the stars and those that are in its grasp. It is what you would can your Universal form, or to call it something simple, let’s call it your ‘star form’. But it comes at a cost to utilise this form, it requires great deals of magic and stamina, both of which you have in surplus… yet you will tire. Utilise this wisely with your new magical arm; Starfall. Its power comes from your inner stars, I must go now Twilight, take care!” Celestia explained before withdrawing her mind from Twilight’s.

“So this is Starfall huh?” Twilight asked the scythe with a slight grin as she picked it up with her magic and stood up to see two sets of doors, one of which looked like cathedral doors and the other, were double doors with a sign that said library above it. “I know there’s something about this door.” Twilight said walking up to the Cathedral door and placing a hoof against it before realising that there was really something missing. “Wait there’s something wrong… ah ha it needs a rod or shaft to activate the lock mechanism.” Twilight said before stepping away to plan her next move on the door. “I reckon that I can breach that door if I find that key of sorts, maybe it’s in the library or beyond it.” Twilight said while starting to regain some stamina after realising that she didn’t shut of her Star Form while she was examining the door. “That could have been bad if I hadn’t turned it off, maybe I would have fainted here.” Twilight sighed.


Twilight sat on her hooves as she resummoned her mapping tools and mapped out what she discovered from the last time she mapped out the castle until what she had discovered. “It seems that this castle is never ending and just wants to show its true colours.” Twilight assumed as she started to map out her current room. “Maybe somepony will need this map later when I finish up here and save all the beings good and evil.” Twilight muttered to herself as she started to stand up on her hooves. “Now to investigate… the Library!” Twilight squealed as she clopped her hooves together and started to push open the door, observing the large two-story library. “Wow… It’s amazing.” Twilight said in awe of the beautifully kept library. “Oh my Celestia! It’s just like the one in the Crystal empire but way more cosy, wood always feels better than crystals on a cold winters day.” Twilight continued through the library picking up random books and rearranging desks. Twilight accidentally stepped on a loose stool or two, and noticed that they dissipated into splinters and red orbs. Twilight started to recklessly break the chairs and tables along with all the stools that lay around on the floor. “I’m starting to worry about the fact that I will get into a habit of destroying other ponies’ property.” Twilight said sheepishly as she broke an entire table with her magic. “If anything I will probably develop a much more efficient way than this.”


Twilight sat down on a rickety chair as she heard a shrill sound coming from beyond the beautifully carved wooden doors, “Hold on! I’m coming!” Twilight said jumping out of the chair and rushing to the doors that the scream came from. “No use it’s locked.” Twilight said in defeat as she tried to open the door using magic, “This place really knows how to prevent magic from opening doors.” Twilight sighed as she hurried around the double story library in search for what she assumed to be a key of sorts. Twilight hurried around the library and started to panic due to the increasing tension of curiosity the urge to help another pony, “Maybe it’s in a place where it stands out yet is well hidden to those who don’t seek it?” Twilight pondered as she looked for anything that was a key shape.

Twilight passed a painting that resembled Marelet Island and saw a key looking object, the inscription on the paintings banner states ‘Take thy key, but if thou desecrate thy soul thou shall be inflicted with thousands of years’ worth of pain and suffering…’ “Wow… that’s really descriptive, seriously I don’t want to risk it but I need it.” Twilight said stepping back from the painting, and taking in deep breaths to calm herself. “Ok time to focus Twilight!” Twilight assured herself as she began to conjure a simple telekinesis spell to grab the key, “Huh?? Wait!? It’s attached to the Painting!” Twilight exclaimed as she started to pull the key away. “This may require some thinking… Ok let’s run over this again,” Twilight said recomposing herself as she began to create a mental checklist. “Ok, take thy key, but if thou desecrate thy soul thou shall be inflicted with thousands of years’ worth of pain and suffering… so take the key, but if I damage the painting, I will be tortured for a thousand years… That sounds like what happened to Luna, It sounds horrible… What if I make the painting borders vanish and take the key from it before it registers that it’s been disrupted… I’m sure it only affects the space in front of it.” Twilight said to herself and without another thought she went through with it.


Twilight vanished the Painting, grabbed the Key, and teleported away from the painting. After the spell’s effect faded the area in front of the painting burnt into flames and a magical vice came down and dragged the floor away into a hidden passage, which emanated sounds of saws and running water. “Joy that worked, I wonder what would have happened if I didn’t do what I did” Twilight shuddered as she began to imagine what would have happened. “Perhaps I’d better not, you know for my sanity’s sake…” Twilight whispered to herself, though she doubted her mental security as of that statement. Sounds of fire emitted from the wall.
Twilight unlocked the door and peered through the slight space between the open doors, “Wow this is one of the biggest hallways I have ever seen.” Twilight admitted as she marvelled in the spacious hallway. She began to walk down the grand hallway as the door behind her started to swing back to its original position, “Wow, amazing, maybe Celestia will build some stuff like this in the Canterlot royal library.” Twilight said turning her head around several times to gather all available data on the elaborate engravings and finishes.


Twilight arrived in a room with a fountain in the centre of it, yet the only thing it spouted was air currents and a mild stream of blood. “That… can’t be good.” Twilight muttered as the door locked behind her and a blue phantom hoof obscured the path along the long hallway, anytime Twilight attempted to dispel it or go through it reached out and attempted to crush her, every time did teleport out of harm’s way some statues started to come to life and began to nosily make their way over to Twilight. Twilight didn’t notice her current problem until one of the Statues thought it was a good idea to slash down on her backside, with its limited visibility it didn’t see Starfall.

Twilight noticed the sharp, piercing noise of stone on magic infused iron and turned to find a multitude of statues waiting for their turn to hack her apart, no matter the cost. “I guess I was too focused on the door to notice your presence.” Twilight said composing herself and pulling a battle pose holding Starfall with her magic and slowly drawing Friendship and Knowledge as to not draw attention to her antics. Twilight quickly teleported behind the foes onto the top of the fountain not caring about her newly bloodied hooves and the fact that the blood was soaking up towards her body. “Eww… gross… this is going to require a lot more cleaning than necessary when I get back home…” Twilight muttered to herself as she skilfully dodged a barrage of swords and stony wingblades. Twilight retaliated with some quick hoof work and some quick slashes from Starfall, decimated half the statues with ease and fluency. “You lot are next!” Twilight said through her slightly heavy breathing and the occasional shot from either Friendship or Knowledge to keep the remaining statues at a safe distance for Twilight to recover from.
“I guess you don’t need to rest? “Twilight asked as she destroyed some more statues to her left right and centre. Twilight started to lose her focus as she dodged another blade by evading to the left. “I hate you things so much” Twilight said slashing at the remaining statues and destroying those remaining with a few quick lunges, teleports and the occasional shot of magic infused bullets or plasma blasts.


Twilight looked around, out of breath and fatigued decided it was time to take a few minutes to recollect her senses and recompose herself, “that….Was….really tiring….”Twilight panted as she summoned some water to drink and to clean off her blood-stained hooves. The sudden sound of stone collapsing caused Twilight to jump and yelp in surprise, she turned quickly to identify the culprit of the sound to find a coffin shaped object in its place. Twilight limped over to the door after realising that her left fore-hoof was bruised and looked broken in a few places, “I really need to look after myself more on this island.” Twilight concluded as she cast a spell to nullify the pain in her leg temporarily.

Twilight pushed the coffin stone slightly which gave way easily to reveal a simple ladder leading down to a dimly lit room. As she arrived in the dimly lit room she noticed a peculiar staff in the middle of the room, “Hey maybe I need that to open that door.” Twilight said making her way over to the staff and began to read the inscription; ‘I am the Staff of Judgement, one must take me to thou cathedral door, as without me thou shan't pass…’ “I’m starting to love these inscriptions.” Twilight said sarcastically as she wrapped the Staff in her magenta magical aura.

As Twilight lifted the Staff of Judgement off its pedestal, and the wall behind it opened to reveal the library’s lower level. “Oh yay the Library!” Twilight said practically galloping into the library only to be stopped by three scissor clouds. “Oh no… I guess I can’t enjoy this library now.” Twilight said slightly slumping as she started to draw both Mares Edge and Starfall, “so what are you and what do you want?” Twilight asked in her calmest voice, hiding her fear of those scissor like contraptions.
“We, little pony are the Sin scissors, we serve the queen and the hive, you are an intruder therefore you are our enemy and a threat to the hive!” The sin scissors dove straight for Twilight.


Twilight didn’t get away fast enough as she left fore-hoof obtained a nasty gash from the lead scissor all across the length of it. “Ow… uggh…” Twilight groaned as she sliced one of the wing scissors in half, effectively killing it. Twilight teleported onto the second Sin scissor and stabbed down with Mares edge into its hinge, then turned to face the final scissor who stared at Twilight with no remorse or signs of fear. Twilight charged it with Mares edge fully extended to maximise her range as it charged as well, it was a joust of death, Twilight ducked down and slashed up against the sin scissor’s underside producing a shrill metallic sound and the sound of scissors falling to the ground. “Well… I’ve seen better days.” Corralled Twilight as she looked at her fore leg at the thick red blood flowing out of her body. Twilight started to walk while casting some simple healing spells to alleviate the bleeding and repair the wound as to not tire herself out.


Twilight arrived at the cathedral door and stabbed the staff of judgement into its key hole causing a loud rumble and the door to crack open revealing the next room.


“Time to get down to business.” Mocked Twilight as she limped into the room, as the door closed behind her…

Author's Note:

Ok the long awaited (I don't know if you were or not) chapter is here
sorry if its a bit rushed and cluttered...
Its been a long wait for this and yes... my bad on that
School work always takes first priority

Anyways enjoy and leave feedback as always