• Published 6th Apr 2015
  • 4,946 Views, 23 Comments

Squarepants are Magic - yodajax10



Twilight Sparkle must train SpongeBob Squarepants in order to defeat a new villain.

  • ...
8
 23
 4,946

Discoveries of Magic

The next morning in Bikini Bottom was a beautiful one for Squidward. Why is that? Well, let’s let Squidward explain why as he gets out of bed.

“Ah,” Squidward said, smiling. “What a beautiful day. Not that the sun is shining, not that any bad weather would be coming for a while, but the fact that SpongeBob is nowhere to be found! Guess I can start this momentous opportunity, with a little music.” Before Squidward could play his clarinet, he heard something that made him cringe.

“SPONGEBOB! Where are ya?” Patrick’s voice called.

“Come out, come out, boy!” Mr. Krabs voice also called.

Squidward instantly opened his window and peaked out. “Will you two keep quiet?” asked Squidward. “I’m trying to practice on my clarinet!”

“We’re looking for SpongeBob!” said Patrick. “Did you see him go anywhere?”

“No, I haven’t.” said Squidward. “I don’t plan to either.”

“Mr. Squidward,” said Mr. Krabs. “Do you even care that SpongeBob might be in danger?”

“No, because I’m truly certain he’s fine!” said Squidward. “He usually disappears and reappears here and there, so why should I care now?” Squidward then finished by closing his window.

“Mr. Squidward,” Mr. Krabs called. “If you don’t help us find SpongeBob, I’m docking your pay an hour!”

“Hmph,” said Squidward. “Like he ever pays me anything.” Squidward then watched Mr. Krabs and Patrick leave.

“Hmm,” said Squidward. “I guess I do feel bad SpongeBob MIGHT be in trouble. Oh, i-it’ll pass. I’m sure he’s fine. Now, let’s get back to practicing.” Squidward took a deep breath, about to start practicing, but then he cringed again.

“SPONGEBOB! WILL YOU BE QUIE-!!” Squidward started. But then he remembered, SpongeBob was gone. “Oh, oh yeah. SpongeBob is gone. Okay, back to practicing,” But as Squidward began, he cringed again. “No, SpongeBob! I won’t go jellyfi-!” Squidward yelled out the window, but then he remembered again. “Okay, Squiddy. Keep it together,” Squidward said to to himself. “You can do it...can you?”


Meanwhile, back in Ponyville, Twilight was now teaching SpongeBob the way of magic.

“Alright, SpongeBob.” said Twilight. “Are you ready for the next spell?”

“Yep!” said SpongeBob.

“Okay, your next spell spell is shooting a blast.” said Twilight. “Give me an example.”

“Alright,” SpongeBob spoke as he aimed his wand. His wand started to glow as a magic ball started forming.

“It’s working!” said Twilight, smiling. However, Twilight’s grin started to fade away when the ball started to get bigger...and bigger...and bigger until…

BOOM!

The blast had both Twilight and SpongeBob on the floor as they were both covered in soot from the magical explosion.

“Ugh,” Twilight said, getting up and wiping her face. “SpongeBob, how many times do I have to tell you, you can’t hold the wand in that pose for a long time!”

“Sorry,” said SpongeBob, sheepishly.

All of a sudden, Twilight heard the door knocking.

“Come in!” Twilight called.

The door opened revealing Sweetie Belle. “Hi, Aunt Twilight!” Twilight smiled at that voice. She remembered when Sweetie Belle started calling Twilight that, seeing how she's grown just as close to Sweetie Belle as Rarity. “I came back to return that book of magic I borrowed.”

“Finished already?” Twilight asked, smiling.

“Yep! Couldn’t put it down!” Sweetie Belle said, jumping in the air. “So how’s it going?”

“Well, we’re having a few difficulties.” said Twilight. “SpongeBob’s still having difficulty with his magic.”

Sweetie Belle thought for a second, then smiled excitedly.

“Hey, Aunt Twilight!” Sweetie Belle asked. “Do you mind if I help SpongeBob too? You’ve already been teaching me a lot of what you know about magic!”

Twilight’s eyes widened at this. “Well, I don’t know if…” Twilight started.

Twilight then looked down at Sweetie Belle who was giving her puppy dog eyes and hugging her leg.

“Please, Aunt Twilight?” asked Sweetie Belle. “Can’t I help?”

Twilight couldn’t help it as she smiled at Sweetie Belle. Also, Twilight did in fact have studies she needed to finish for Celestia, studies that she had before SpongeBob came into the picture. “Oh, alright.” Twilight said.

“Yes!” said Sweetie Belle. Sweetie Belle then took SpongeBob’s hand. “Come on, SpongeBob! I gotta show what me and my friends do!”

“Alrighty!” said SpongeBob, happily as he ran out with Sweetie Belle.

Twilight waved goodbye to SpongeBob and Sweetie Belle as they left. As they were out of sight, Twilight groaned and put a hoof to her head.


Later, Twilight was at Sugarcube Corner with Applejack, Rarity and Fluttershy.

“I don’t know what to do right now!” Twilight explained to her friends. “SpongeBob’s not getting anywhere with his magic, and he gets too distracted with everything!”

“Try to be patient, Twilight.” said Applejack. “This is a new environment for SpongeBob, he’s never been this far away from home before, and he needs to get adjusted to Ponyville.”

“I know, but-” Twilight started to say.

“Don’t worry about a thing, Sweetie Belle and her friends will also be there to help SpongeBob with magic, after all she is learning from the best.” said Rarity, smiling.

Twilight blushed at that comment.

“Besides, what trouble could SpongeBob possibly get into with those little angels?” asked Fluttershy.


Meanwhile, SpongeBob was with the Crusaders and Sweetie Belle was trying to teach SpongeBob more about magic.

“Alright,” said Sweetie Belle, skimming through the pages of Twilight’s book. “Here’s another one. How about...mutation.”
“Okay,” said SpongeBob, as he took the book and looked at it.

“Ready, SpongeBob?” Apple Bloom asked placing an apple in front of SpongeBob.

“You bet!” SpongeBob said, as he prepared to turn the apple into an orange. But then, SpongeBob accidentally slipped and zapped a nearby squirrel instead. The squirrel suddenly grew bat wings and flew away.

“How was that?” SpongeBob asked hopefully.

Apple Bloom thought nervously. “You’re getting the hang of it!” She said, encouragingly.

“You really think?” SpongeBob asked as he looked at his wand.

“Of course we do!” said Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah,” said Scootaloo. “With the powers you’ll soon get, it’ll make that Strife guy look like a total wimp!” Scootaloo thought for a second. “Do you think there’s a cutie mark in encouragement?” Scootaloo asked Apple Bloom.

“Excuse me,” said SpongeBob. “But what is this cutie mark you girls keep talking about?”

“A cutie mark is a mark on your flank that appears when ya find your own special talent.” Apple Bloom said. “But we don’t have our own yet.”

“We tried so many times to get them, but we can’t seem to know what we’re good at.” said Scootaloo.

SpongeBob thought for a second, then smiled. “You know,” said SpongeBob. “You’re looking at someone who has quite a few different talents, maybe I can help you!”

“Really?” asked Apple Bloom. “You could do that?”

“Sure!” said SpongeBob. “Bringing it around town is how I like to do it!”


Throughout the rest of the day, SpongeBob continued to help the Crusaders with finding their special talents. SpongeBob worked with Apple Bloom on building a giant ramp, as well as Sweetie Belle using her magic to get more wood. Scootaloo then put her scooter skills to the test, by performing a great trick with her scooter by soaring high in the sky. Later, it was time for SpongeBob to head back home.


“Well, thanks for spending the day helping us, SpongeBob!” said Apple Bloom.

“Thank you for helping me with what I need so far!” said SpongeBob as he climbed down from the the treehouse. SpongeBob then whistled a nice little tune as he started walking back to the library in the moonlit night.

SpongeBob quietly opened the door to the library and peeked his head through. He was about ready to sleep on the couch until he tripped over something, he looked down and noticed there were a few books scattered on the floor. SpongeBob’s eyes widened as he had an idea. SpongeBob decided to test the magic he’s learned so far.

“For these kind of books, short or long, have my magic put them back where they belong!” SpongeBob whispered. A small blast shot from his wand where the books were. The books started to glow and levitate.

“Alright!” SpongeBob whispered happily. Before SpongeBob could use the magic, he slipped on another book and it caused the books he was levitating to start spinning around the living room as well as start doing more stuff, such as knocking stuff over and causing mayhem.

“Gah!” SpongeBob yelped. “Stop! Knock it off!”

Twilight emerged from her bedroom, rubbing her eyes. “Wha-?” Twilight said. “What’s going on?” Twilight’s eyes widened. “My books!” Twilight exclaimed in horror as she ran downstairs.

Spike then ran out of the bedroom, holding a plunger. “Who’s there?” Spike yelled, looking dazed. “I have a broom!”

Twilight’s horn then started glowing as the books started getting engulfed in her magic. The whole room then was filled with a white bright light. The books were all now placed back on the shelf, right where they belong. Twilight sighed in relief at this, but then she had a sharp glare towards SpongeBob who was on the floor with a book on his head. Twilight pressed her hoof on SpongeBob’s foot that caused him to fling up and face her. SpongeBob opened his eyes and saw Twilight looking at him angrily.

“What is your deal?!” Twilight snapped.

“I-I’m sorry, it was an acci-” SpongeBob stammered.
“Can’t you do anything right?” Twilight scolded angrily. “I’m not one to judge Princess Celestia, but you are just impossible to teach!”

As Twilight scolded, SpongeBob picked up the book from the floor and dusted it, held it before Twilight, smiling as he hoped she would feel at least a little better. Twilight instead swiped the book from SpongeBob.

“Now go upstairs for now,” Twilight said, pointing upstairs. “I’ve got a mess to clean up!”

SpongeBob then sadly started to walk up the stairs, but he then turned to Twilight, smiling nervously, but Twilight still had her glare on him. SpongeBob then continued walking upstairs as Twilight started cleaning up.

“Twilight?” Spike asked. “Don’t you think you were a little too hard on SpongeBob?”

“I don’t know,” Twilight said. “I don’t want to be too mean to him, but he’s sometimes so hard to teach! How can I tell the Princess abou-Spike?”

Twilight noticed that Spike felt sick, Spike all of a sudden burped out a letter. Spike looked at the letter. “It’s from Princess Luna!” Spike said. “Maybe, the situation of that Strife guy may be taken care of by now!”

Twilight sighed in relief. “Ah, yes.” Twilight said. “If there’s anything I could use right now, it’s good news.” Twilight looked over at Spike reading the letter, but noticed him getting nervous.

“Uh oh,” Spike said, as his eyes widened.

“What is it?” Twilight asked, concerned. “It is good news, right?”

Spike gulped. “Let’s just say that on a scale from one to ten,” Spike said as he handed the letter to Twilight. “It’s not good.” Twilight gasped as she read the letter.


Twilight was told to meet Princess Luna outside on a nearby hill, and right now, Twilight was frantically running towards Luna.

“Princess Luna!” Twilight said, frantically.

“Twilight Sparkle,” Luna said, turning towards Twilight. “I’m sure you’ve heard the news.”
“Yes!” Twilight answered, scared. “Strife broke out! He’s probably planning something bad for Equestria right now as we know it! We have to do something!”

“Calm down, Twilight.” Luna said, placing a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. “We do not know what powers Strife possesses, it could not be a big deal, or it could be a disaster. But right now, we don’t know for sure, guards are searching everywhere and if anything goes wrong, we will let you know. Besides, your pupil seems to be doing well.”

“That’s what I wanted to talk about, SpongeBob isn’t good at that magic I am teaching him, he just not getting the hang of it!” Twilight explained.

“Well, he’s certainly getting the respect of your friends.” said Luna, smiling.

“Wait, what do you mean?” Twilight asked as Luna spread out her wings.

“That’s for you to find out.” Luna said as she then flew into the night.

As Twilight watched Luna fly away, she thought to herself. “My friends,” Twilight thought to herself. Twilight tried to think hard, until something finally came to her. “Wait! I now know the magic Celestia was talking about! It isn’t the magic you look in books for, it’s the magic of friendship!” Twilight happily grabbed a nearby crow and spun him around, confusing him. “SpongeBob has been doing that perfectly!” Twilight felt wonderful about this, until realization hit her. She felt very bad of how she behaved towards SpongeBob. She now had to apologize.


SpongeBob was up in Twilight’s bedroom, looking out the window and up at the starry sky as clouds rolled by. The clouds looked nice, but they still were nothing compared to the clouds back where he came from. The bedroom door then creaked open, revealing Twilight.

“SpongeBob?” asked Twilight.

“Oh, hi Twilight,” SpongeBob said, looking depressed. “I thought I’d just look outside before I go to bed.”

“Wait,” Twilight said. “I came up here because I wanted to say, I’m sorry.”

“For what?” asked SpongeBob. “You were right, I keep messing things up.”

“No,” said Twilight. “I was wrong, if there was anything that you did right, it’s what you were doing ever since you came here.”

“You mean, hanging out with your friends?” asked SpongeBob.

“Yes,” Twilight said, smiling warmly. “I think you should still continue playing with the Crusaders, they seem to really like you.”

“Yeah,” said SpongeBob, smiling while looking down. “We did have fun.”

Twilight smiled as SpongeBob turned to go downstairs to sleep on the couch. “There’s something magical about that, isn’t there?” Twilight asked.

SpongeBob thought for a second. “Yeah,” SpongeBob said. “Well, goodnight!” Twilight nodded at that as SpongeBob went downstairs, as Spike came into the bedroom.

“So, is everything fixed between you two?” asked Spike.

“Yes, Spike.” Twilight said, smiling as she helped Spike get comfortable in his bed. “Everything is fixed.”

“That’s good to hear,” Spike said, as he started to fall asleep.

Twilight smiled at Spike, fast asleep in his bed. She laid down next to Spike and gently stroked his head.

“Don’t you worry, Spike.” Twilight whispered as she looked at the stars in the sky outside the window. “Everything is going perfect, and it will keep getting better.”


Meanwhile, Strife and Plankton were now wandering along in the outskirts of Equestria. Plankton was talking about how they could rule the world, Strife, pretty much didn’t care what Plankton was talking about.

“So, I’m thinking maybe we should hold the most important ponies around against their will, that way we could take over this place in the blink of one eye! He-he, one eye!” Plankton said.

Strife did not respond.

“Right,” Plankton said. “So, when we get out evil lair, what shall we have there? Hmm...I know! A dinosaur army! HEAR ME OUT! It may sound like...a lot...a REAL lot, but now is a good time to let out steam and take out revenge on innocent bystanders and-”

“How about I speak up for once?” Strife irritatingly asked as he grabbed Plankton by his antennas.

“Oh, okay!” Plankton asked, getting excited that this dastardly mind might have a few ideas of his own. “What is it?”

“I don’t have any powers! Don’t you get it? I’m pretty much useless in this world and nothing is going to change that! So, get lost!” Strife said angrily as he tossed Plankton to the ground.

“But you said that you were going to repay me!” Plankton said, getting up. “After I got you out of prison!”

“Think of my repayment as me not stepping on you.” Strife said as he then continued walking.

“Yo-you sold me out!” Plankton yelled. “We had a deal!” All of a sudden, thunder was heard. “You better get your USELESS self out of the rain, buddy!!” Plankton yelled in Strife’s direction.

Strife growled as he clenched his fists. Then out of nowhere, a bolt of lightning struck down towards Strife as it hit his arm.

“What the-?” Strife said, looking at the lightning coiling around his arm. Strife then tried to shake it off, but no prevail.

“What in Neptune’s name is that?” Plankton said, looking at the lightning.

After Strife did one more shake of the arm, the lightning came off and started flying towards Plankton.

“YAAAAAUGH!” Plankton yelled as he took cover behind a rock. However, the lightning bolt struck on him behind the rock. Plankton peeked his head from the rock.

“Phew,” Plankton said. “Why don’t you watch where you aim your arm?!” Plankton yelled at Strife.

Strife, however was looking at Plankton like if he saw a ghost.

“What?” Plankton asked. He then looked down and saw the rest of his body looked like one of a spider’s. “AAAAUGH!” Plankton yelled. “Wh-what’s going on?! Get this off me! Get it off!”

Plankton continued running around, spazzing his head off as Strife watched in complete confusion. “H-how did I do that?” Strife said looking at his claw which was still sparking of electricity. “My dad had electrical powers and my mom had...chaotic...powers…” Strife said, starting to realize something.

Strife then zapped a pile of mud, and nothing happened. Then out of nowhere, out of the mud puddle grew a beautiful red rose. Strife’s eyes widened at this. Then, his shocked look then started to turn into an evil grin as he looked at his hands.

“These...these are my powers…” Strife said. “Electrical and chaotic powers!!!” Strife held his arms in the air, as the sky shook with thunder. Plankton stopped freaking out and stared at Strife in awe. Lightning came down from the sky and became in contact with Strife’s arms as Strife let out a frightening cackle. As more electricity swirled around Strife, he then grew to an enormous size.

“YES!!!” Strife yelled triumphantly in a booming voice. “MY POWERS ARE FINALLY REALIZED! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!!!” As Strife was embracing himself in his discovered power, he felt a sudden twitch as his powers started to decrease.

“THE LIGHTNING IS FADING AWAY,” Strife said to himself. “ALL THE POWER IN THE UNIVERSE, AND I CAN’T USE IT WITHOUT ELECTRICITY!!!! UNLESS, I HAVE SOMEONE ARRANGE IT FOR ME.” Strife looked down at Plankton who was backing up against a rock. “FIND ME A POWER SOURCE AT ONCE!!!!”

Plankton could barely speak at Strife’s huge size as he started babbling. But then a deflation was heard as Strife was shrunken back down to his original size.

Plankton’s fear had completely disappeared now as he then started laughing at Strife’s embarrassment. Strife growled at Plankton as he grabbed him by the antennas once again.

“What’s so funny?!” Strife yelled.

“You seemed so threatening at first, and then...!” Plankton razzed before laughing once more.

Strife snarled at Plankton and looked at him straight in the eye. “Get this through your small, yet thick head, I can now have my vengence on Equestria, to be the monster they all thought I was, you will find a power source for me.” Strife demanded.

Plankton thought about this for a second. “So, um...you need me.” Plankton said, smirking at Strife, who raised an eyebrow. “Sure, I’ll uh...find you a power source but...on a couple conditions.”

Strife then grew enraged of Plankton as he then threw him on the ground. “WHY YOU-!!!!” Strife yelled as he raised his fist. Before Strife could slam it down, he thought about this. After all, Plankton did get him out of prison so he could later find his power, so he really did owe Plankton something. Strife then lowered his paw as Plankton looked at him.

“We technically did have a deal.” said Strife. “So, if you cooperate with me, I will see that you are rewarded.”

“Yes!” Plankton squealed with happiness. “I will definitely get you that power source!”

“So where is it?” said Strife.

Plankton paused. “Uh, I was hoping that you had a suggestion.” Plankton said, sheepishly.

Strife narrowed his eyes at Plankton, which made him step back in fear. “Of course, I could instead do that!” Plankton said nervously.

Plankton then started to look around for any kind of power source as Strife tapped his foot. Plankton then heard the sound of a train engine. Plankton looked over the hill and saw a train going by. “Hmm,” Plankton said as he started to think.