• Published 1st Apr 2012
  • 1,124 Views, 12 Comments

Secret of the Silver Dragon - The Psychopath



Dissappearances are happening all over Equestria, and it seems that a whistle is linked.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,124

Luna's surprise

Everything had gone back to normal, yet everypony was having trouble sleeping now. Even with SD here, and the proof that Twilight could fight off the demons herself, she always thought that she was about to be kidnapped. However, she was sitting next to SD who was lying down against a bookcase while reading another book. Twilight decided to catch up on her studying as she couldn't sleep. However, noone noticed the sun rise up. Almost immediately after it started to illuminate the sky, knocks resonated on the front door.

"Someone at the door." said SD.
"Okay, don't say a thing and don't make any noise."
"Pfff. Ask me to be invisible while you're at it."
"Well, you could do that...or mor-"
"NNNooooooooo...." hissed the Silver Dragon."I'll just use basic science and physics and distort the light around me."

A little movement, and he dissappeared. His "cloaking" wasn't perfect, as distortions could still be seen if close enough. Twilight hastily galopped to the door, opening it just a midge. There were four royal guards waiting for her. Twilight could barely distinguish the carriage in the back that held her friends. She had just noticed that these royal guards were actually those of Luna. Creepy bat wings and gray coats, they definatly stood out from the crowd.

"Miss Twilight Sparkle?" said one of the guards.
"Yes?"
"Princess Luna has accepted your call for emergency and will be recieving you now."
"Okay. Just let me ready a few things and I'll be right out."

Twilight shut the door gently as to not cause any suspicion. She hastily wrote a note and placed it near Spike's bed. SD wasn't holding his book anymore. Twilight couldn't see him, and he didn't make a sound.

"Pfff. I bet she can't see me right now. I guess fourty years of training in stealthiness was worth it."

Twilight decided to whisper "out loud":

"Silver Dragon, if you're still here, follow the carriage outside. It's going to the castle. Hopefully, I'll see you there. I have absolutely no idea what's going on, and I won't be able to convince the princess if you aren't there."

With a final look around, Twilight exited her house and entered the carriage. As the guards "suited up" and flew the carriage away, SD peeked out to see the wheeled creation being pulled away into the air. He scratched his head in confusion.

"Why would the put wheels if it was meant to fly? I still don't get this world. Might as well follow them..."

SD concentrated and let his wings out. Allowing them to flap twice for stretching.

"*sniff* It hurts so much...I hate you Gold Dragon."

SD soon go over his dilemma and flew towards the carriage, keeping ample distance between him and those guards. SD knew quite well what the faults of his "camo" were, and decided to keep anything from discovering them. A few minutes and they had already reached the white castle of Canterlot.

Wow. That was fast. I thought it'd atleast take an hour.

The carriage stopped right in front of the entrance of the massive walls. The guards opened the doors, allowing the passengers to exit. Rarity seemed to thank the guards for their gallantry as two more, waiting at the doors, invited them inside. After passing, the giant wooden doors closed. SD was locked out...or so others would think.

"It's a good thing my feet are like this. I would make too much noise flapping my wings. Time to walk on the walls!"

SD placed his right foot first on the wall, allowing his claws to seep deep into the stone. After the right was properly placed as well, he started to "walk" on the walls. He kept his arms behind his back as he escaladed the stone. Reaching the top, he flipped back into the normal direction of gravity. He was standing on the outer walls, a guard coincidentally next to him. He uickly jumped down as the guard started to notice the distortion next to him. A loud *thump*, and SD was running through the garden. He sensed Twilight's power as well as Luna's, and was "converging" on their position. =he quickly escaladed a tower and jumped through the opening. He was too high. Twilight was two floors lower. She hadn't reached the throne room yet. He ignored the details of the room and blasted through the door.

Running through the halls, he reachedthe stairs and decided to jump through the opening between them. He hung onto a rail to make the least noise possible before touching the bottom. He peeked around a corner after reaching said floor...errr...crater...and saw Twilight and the group entering the throne room. A quick double jump forward and one high jump sideways and he was in.

Twilight and her friends bowed respectfully to princess Luna as they did to Celestia. Luna wasn't close to the throne. In-fact, she had been walking around anxiously in circles.

"You do not need to bow down in our prescence Twilight Sparkle. We believe you have news for us?"
"Eheheh. Well, I did figure out the cause of the dissappearances thanks to somepony...but he isn't here yet."

Luna lift an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by "hasn't arrived yet"? If this is a joke, it is not funny."
"But-"
"Oh noes! He isn't her yet. Wut 're we ta duu?!" said an ominous voice.

Luna turned around to see something distorted in front of her.

"What manner of-" SD eliminated his camoflauge.
"BOO!"
"AH!" Luna bounced back a few feet. Surprise on her face.

Both SD and Pinkie Pie started to laugh.

"Twilight, did you bring a...dragon here?"
"Yes. Let me present Silver Dragon. Princess Luna, Silver Dragon. Silver Dragon, princess Luna."

SD bowed down.

"It is an honor to me...what is this joke?"

SD had stopped suddenly, his face demonstrating disgust and fury.

"If you want to live, I suggest you explain to me why you possess the aura of a very powerful demon."
"Demon? Ah...We was once possessed by our jealousy and anger..."
"Oh." SD calmed down. "You were affected by a demon of greed."
"What?"

Twilight jumped in front of the princess.

"Princess, he knows about the dissappearances. I think it would be best if you listened to him."
"Hmmm...fine...but make it quick."
"If you want a story you can understand, then I suggest you listen to it all."
"Then carry on."

SD cleared his throat and explained to Luna everything he told Twilight. But he added in more, as he promised Twilight Sparkle:

"-so you know a bit now. However, I had reached a dimension that had demon hunters, like myself. However, the initial purpose of my powers was to fight demons. A little fight, and I was admitted within their ranks and, thanks to my powers, managed to jump quite a few grades."
"What about the dissappearances?" asked Luna irritatingly.
"I'm getting there. Me and my regiment were dispatched to a city that was currently being destroyed by demons. A few battles and we met their leader, Belforay. He was the second most powerful demon, a level four.
"Level four?"
"Yes. I usually leveled them all by power, but the demon hunters gave me a better and more precise level. They go from one to five. The first are the weaklings. Anything can fight them."
"Like the ponies we met at Ponyville last night?" yelled the Pink pony.

SD facepalmed. He should've told them to keep the incident a secret.

"*sigh* Yes, althogh they were the result of a drastically weakened creature. This caused them to be "incomplete". Level two demons are just the basic leveled demons. They are the most common and don't really have anything special about them.. Level three demons tend to be more feisty and create fancy ways to fight, especially with their physical appearances. They can be considered sub-generals. Level fours are unique in that they need a specific object to destroy them or weaken them drastically. They love to posess intelligent and otherwise "innocent" creatures."

The six mares stared at eachother.

"So that's why she feared the elemens of harmony." said Rainbow Dash.
"I thought it was just 'cause they were strong." replied Applejack.
"I assume you were posessed at a young age and banished somewhere?" asked SD while looking at Luna. She nodded.
"...And finally, there are level five demons..."

SD paused for a long moment. Rarity stepped up:
"What's wrong? Certainly if the level fours can still be fought, the stronger ones cannot be that hard to counter."
"Are you kidding me?! The level fives are demons of the apocalypse. There are seven on each world, excluding the big boss himself. The only species in MY world of origin that can fight them are the dragons of the eigth and ninth isles."
"What?" asked Twilight.
"Shiiiiii- ignore what I just said. There are some creatures that you shouldn't know about. Also, princess, you said something about being posessed, princess?" Luna nodded.
"Wait..then that means...CRAP!"

"What?"
"That's why there have been dissappearances. Belforay plans on sacrificing the ponies to revive your demon."
"WHAT?!" everypony yelled.
"We don't have much time, get those "elements" and ready to-"

A red laser blasted through the wall and threw Silver Dragon through the walls. A giant creature flew through the wall opposite of the incident and followed his enemy. As everypony in the room tried to adjust to what happenned, a familiar figure stepped through hole leading outside.

"Hello Luna."