• Published 1st Apr 2012
  • 1,123 Views, 12 Comments

Secret of the Silver Dragon - The Psychopath



Dissappearances are happening all over Equestria, and it seems that a whistle is linked.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,123

Learning

The creature was bent over Fluttershy's now repaired bed. He was healing her with his left hand. Every now and then, he would stop and look at another area, then send another beam of light there to repair and heal. He didn't seem all that scary, especially with his strange powers. He entered the yellow pegasus' room for two seconds, and everything that was damaged was back to itself again. Twilight had borrowed a notepad and a quill, as well as a jar of ink and was writing everything the creature was saying. Rainbow Dash was outside, watching for anything suspicious. SD started to speak as the mares had gained his trust by taking good care of the bunny he had saved along with the winged pony he was carrying.

"So...who are you?" asked Twilight. She was eager to learn more about this species of dragon who voluntarily explained itself.
"You can call me Silver Dragon, or "SD" for short."
"But, aren't you a already a silver dragon?"
"Yes."
"Then why the name?"
"Hold on." He stood up and grunted as his wings returned inside his body, then bent back over Fluttershy and continued his work.
"That was...Wierd and Intriguing at the same time."
"Didn't you want to know why the name first??"
"Oh yeah! So?"
"I believe you noticed that I am not from this dimension."
"What? I just thought you were a dragon who could control magic."
"Nope."
"Then how did you...Come...to our world."
"Because someone blew in that damnable whistle. I still don't remember sending one here."
"You mean this?" Twilight hovered the whistle in front of his face. Before SD could grab it, the pony swept it away from his grip.
"That was unnecessary."
"I won't give it to you until I get answers."
"Fine. So, as I was saying, my home dimension has many dragons like me, but I will go no further in that subject except to say that the allies of my people, the silver dragons, are called the gold dragons. While we are a terrestrial race, they are an aerial race."
"Then how come you have wings?"
"Because my friend, the leader of the gold dragons, taught how to grow them. They aren't a normal part of my body, so it hurts like ten thousand blades when I get them out. As for my name, every leader of each dragon tribe takes the name of their species."
"So your friend is called Gold Dragon?"
"Exactly."
"And what about your powers? You literally brought a dead creature back to life! That goes against-"
"-the laws of chaos and order. I've heard that before. Consider it an advantage of having the power of light at your disposal."

Silver Dragon stared at his left hand as he clasped it several times and stood up, stretching his back in the process.

"That should be about it. It you want to know more, come with me downstairs."

Twilight nodded and followed him downstairs as she slowly and gently closed the door. The dragon went to work on a still sleeping bunny.

"You remember the hand language I did earlier when I healed this little guy?"
"Yeah."
"There are very strict rules to reviving. One, there is a twenty-four hour delay. Past that, and each hour contributes to a higher percentage of one of the following to happen: the creature is turned into a zombie, the creature is revived, but without their soul, the creature does not revive, or, in the slimmest of chances, the procedure goes well and they are given life again.
"Those are very stri-"
"Number two." said SD, staring at Twilight as though annoyed.:" The creature in question must consent with returning to their body. If they refuse, the creature is not revived, and the soul stays in the after-life. Those who have killed themselves have no choice, and a curse prevents them from being able to kill themselves again."
"Are there anymore rules?"
"Two, actually."
"Oh Celestia."
"Who?"
"I'll explain after."
"Mkay. Three: in order to revive a creature, they must have died of non-natural causes."
"So, if they die of old-age?"
"It's a no-no."
"That's very interesting. In order for you to revive somepony, you've been a strict set of rules. I suppose this counters that law against nature."
"Yes. And four, the creature can ONLY be revived ONCE."

A dark and disturbing aura filled the room as the eyes of SD stared directly into Twilight's soul at these words. Twilight gulped. Even if, with him, you had a chance to be revived after dying, you only had a second chance, and you should take good care of that second chance. The dragon stopped healing the rabbit and decided to go outside for some air.

"Hey,wait! You can't go!"
"I'm not leaving. I just need a quick breather and a quick rebalancer."
"Rebalancer?"
"Yeah. You see, and I know I can trust you as my light tells me so, I control the powers of dark and light. The darkness is concentrated on the right side of my body, while the light is concentrated on the left." SD showed is bit, and then finally pointed towards the middle of his chest.: "And the middle is where they intertwine and work together. Whenever I use the powers, one tends to get the upperhand over the other, so, sometimes, I need to stand in the sun or in the shadows and absorb the energies from both.

"But I thought darkness represented evil, while light represented the greater good?" SD laughed as he sat in the grass. Rainbow Dash was watching him closely, but continued to circle around the area.
"You couldn't be more wrong."
"But that's how I've seen it. Even my friends! We had to fight somepony called Nightmare Moon. She tried to bring eternal night to our world."
"Eternal night? What kind of half-baked attempt of world destruction is that?"
"What? But that's terrible! Imagine all the things that could've happenned!"
"Dying plants? The atmosphere freezing up? Things like that?"
"Well, yeah."
"Meh. I've seen worse. Tell the king of the Zill Omphatons...I really hate that name...That he shouldn't try and rule his people with a diamond hard fist, and he'll end up creating an eternal blizzard in the world he lived in. He had a frost king revived from it's eternal slumber. That idiot thought he could control an ancient lord of ice, he was wrong. Heh. He got frozen in the end. The world was lost, even when I came. Nothing left but frost monsters and ice demons. I was forced to destroy the world. *sigh*. One of the few I never managed to save."
"That's horrible."
"I know. No matter how powerful you are, you aren't omnipotent. I suppose you want to know about my powers too?"
"That would be nice, yes."
"Then you tell me about your world, and who blew into that whistle." SD said, while pointed firmly at Twilight.

Twilight straightened herself up and nodded. She eagerly levitated her notebook and quill closer to her face as curiosity began to fill her.

"Hmph. Eager to know, eh?"
"Well, I mean , you are a new species of dragon, and nopony has been able to commune with one directly.
"Hey!" yelled Spike
"I meant one who grew up in the wild."

Spike was hiding behind the door to Fluttershy's house. SD tilted himself a bit more to see him better. It was the reptile from before. He rubbed his chin in intrigue.

"I was sure that he was a dragon."
"Yeah. He's my assistant."
"Assistant? Are you a scientist or something."
"No. I just work at the local library."
"Libray?!"

The Silver Dragon jumped up and bent it's knees to look at Twilight directly in the eyes:

"Yes. But tell me about your powers."
"Ugh! Fine! As I already told you, I control the power of light and dark, but I can also control the other elements of nature...ehhh...to a much lesser extent. I wield the ability to control time and space as well."
"Wait, so then, you could go back in time and prevent the princesses from ever being born?"
"Princesses? They're your leaders?"
"Yes..."
"I suppose I could. You wouldn't dissappear though. I would just create another continuum in the spatial entity. Another timeline if you will. Luckily for me, I never "hook" to one. So when I go somewhere, I can visit the different alternate realities of it. Although this requires some spatial manipulation as well."
"That's amazing! Then you could...um...say... find a dimension where I'm a stallion?"
"Of course! Or one where you are a dragon. Or a griffin. Or one where you never existed! The possibilities are endless. One day, I could take you to the one of your choosing."
"That would be nice. Any other powers?"
"Hm? Oh yes! I can communicate through telepathy. This is how I communicate mostly."
"What? I didn't notice! How come your voice can echo to everypony here?"
"It's called wide-sheet mind speaking. It's like yelling outloud so everyone can hear it. Sometimes, I go into a crisis and use my mouth to yell singular words."
"Like?"
"Whe I yelled "Demons" earlier.'
'Oh."
"I can shape-shift as well. I rarely ever do it though. There were a few incidents where I had to...ah...Turn into the female version of a certain species..."

Rainbow Dash came crashing down in laughter. Luckily for her, there was a patch of hay that she fell in. It was certainly there for the animals.

SD pointed at her and yelled loudly:

"That isN'T FUNNY!"
"You have to admit that it is kind of funny." said Twilight, a little chuckle happening her and there.
"You try and deal with being the opposite gender and live like that for ten whole years! Worst ten years of my life."
"Wow. That's fabulous! Pahaha!" mocked Rainbow Dash.
"Imma strangle her..."
"Anything else about...pfff...your abilities?"
"I'm immortal, but not invincible."

The laughing quickly died down, as even Spike looked at him in shock.

"Im...Immortal?"
"Yes. I'm over five point three billion years old."

This age was IMMENSE! How could such a being cope with that?

"How can you deal with losing all your friends and family and continue living on like that?" asked Twilight, sadness in her voice.
"Yeah. I couldn't deal with that. I'd know nopony and I'd soon be...no! I can't think of that!"

The silver being chuckled as he crossed his arms.

"Hahaha! Let's just say that I have a special ticket that allows me to come and go from the afterlife whenever I please...but...only once a month...and they don't stack..."
"I guess that counters the problems with immortality. Do you have a profession?"
"I have a base one, yes. It is what the basis of my powers are for, but I can only tell this to the ruling party. Perhaps you can tell me of this place I'm in, and how you got ahold of that whistle? AND WHO BLEW IN IT?!"

That last yell threw everyone away, even the returning animals.

"Uhhh...sure" replied Twilight, her mane flinging about in a mess.
"Wait. Who is gonna take care of Fluttershy?"" asked Rainbow Dash.
"There's no point. She's perfectly fine now. I even placed runes of purity within her while I healed her. Nothing evil will be able to touch her anymore. I also suggest that you watchout for anymore of those..."
"Demons?" finished Twilight.
"Yes. Now about everything I asked you..."
"We'll have to talk about that at my home."

Silver Dragon sluched in dissappointment.

"Aww. I wanted to go to the library."
"The library...is my home."
"Awesome! Then let's go there now!"
"Uhhh, sure. Let me call Spi-"

Twilight stopped before she could yell as Spike was already standing in front of her with a smile on his face. This left Twilight in an awkward position. She had her mouth open and a hoof near her mouth, as if about to yell. SD poked her shoulder and went slowly closer to her face, a large grin tattoed on his face.

"Perhaps we should get going? Unless you want to turn into the first every pony-flytrap."

Twilght lowered herself in embarassment, but continued on towards the library. Rainbow decided to stay a bit longer. She still didn't trust that character, and she was far too loyal to her friends to believe in simple words. However, Twilight came to an abrupt halt.

"What's wrong?" asked SD.
"If you have morphing powers, why don't you turn into a pony? It would bring less problems and less attention to yourself."
"Why? He looks so cool like that!" exclamated Spike
"I won't transform unless I have to. And the only things I can't change are my eyes. I'm pretty sure that only a dolt would not notice unusual eye coloration, especially in someone the have known for quite awhile."
"Fine. But don't draw any attention to yourself."
"I won't as long as you tell me about everything I asked of you earlier."
"Will do." answered Twilight.

They were off to the library, much to the displeasure of the ponies who had gotten to meet this creature in person.