• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 6,145 Views, 90 Comments

The mighty and the Sweetie - ElCapoFimFic



Spike returns from a training trip at THE ORDER, but how is this going to affect his life and the lives of the ponies around him? Especially for a unicorn filly... SpikexSweetie Belle

  • ...
19
 90
 6,145

My cupid wear a red bow

The next morning, Twilight woke up with a soft yawn leaving her mouth. Celestia’s sun was warming a delightful morning in Ponyville. The birds outside her window were sharing a melodious twittering with all the ponies that were heading to their usual activities.

The lavender alicorn could perceive the alluring scent of some fresh-made strawberry pancakes, perfectly sweetened with honey coming from the kitchen. A scent so heavenly that it made her jump from her bed and rush downstairs to the dining room.

She reached to the kitchen to be greeted by Spike.

‘’Good morning Twilight. Here let me help you.’’ He said as he reached for his friend a chair like a gentleman.

‘’Thanks Spike, that’s sweet of you.’’ Twilight praised Spike’s manners.

‘’So, have any plans for today?’’ He asked the mare.

‘’Well, the girls and I will be going to the Crystal Empire to help Cadence with a party for the citizens, why you ask?’’ Twilight questioned.

‘’Perfect! I asked because I wanted the day off, but since you got things to do I guess I can rest after all.’’ Spike said feeling lucky.

‘’Ok Spike, I guess you’ve earned it. After you finish cleaning up this place you are free to do whatever you want.’’ Twilight smiled at Spike.

‘’Thanks Twi, now eat before your food gets cold’’ Spike said as he started to dust the library.

Twilight giggled at Spike’s behavior. He was so mature now... It was clear that he wasn’t mentally a kid anymore, but she decided to stop thinking about that and start to enjoy her breakfast.

Meanwhile in the Carousel Boutique, Rarity was curling her sister’s eyelashes to make her look like an attractive lady.

‘’Is this really necessary?’’ Sweetie complained about how uncomfortable was to have the hot crimper so close to her eyes.

‘’Of course it is Sweethums! This will make your eyes to stand out and make you look even prettier that you are.’’ Rarity said to her sister.

‘’If you say so…’’

‘’Oh, c’mon darling trust me! I know about this kind of stuff!’’

Sweetie Belle sighed in defeat, hoping that this entire ‘get-me-cute-looking’ thing was worth it when Spike asks her out.

‘’Here, done!’’ The fashionista exclaimed.

Sweetie went to a nearby mirror and looked her reflection and she had to admit that she liked it…a lot.

‘’Wow, my eyelashes are perfect, thank you sis!’’ She hugged her sister for all her help and support on this decision.

‘’You’ll thank me later Sweetie Belle, but now you have to find Spike and make him like you.’’ Rarity said.

‘’But how about you, aren’t you going to come and supervise the entire plan?’’ Sweetie Belle asked looking sad.

‘’Sorry darling, but I must go to a very important reunion in the Crystal Empire, sorry.’’ Rarity apologized sincerely to Sweetie Belle.

‘’I guess if it’s that important you don’t have any choice.’’ Sweetie wasn’t dumb, she knew that this kind of reunions were very important for her sister so she just hugged Rarity and wished the best luck for her.

‘’Thank you so much for understanding Sweethums. I promise to help you as much as I can when I get back’’ Rarity returned the hug to her sister.

‘’You’ve already done so much for me.’’ Sweetie whispered happily.

On the other side of the town, Twilight had finished her breakfast with a satisfied sigh and said goodbye to Spike. She went to the Ponyville train station to travel with her friends to the Crystal Empire.

Spike finished cleaning up the library in a very short time. He was thinking about what to do now; he could just do some exercise, meditate, or maybe pay a visit to Sweetie…WHAT!?

‘’C’mon, what’s happening to me?’’ He started to get annoyed by not being able to shake Sweetie Belle out of his head.

He decided to get some fresh air so he could think straight. He strolled leisurely over to Sweet Apple Acres. He couldn’t believe that he never really appreciated how beautiful it was before. The sky was clear and the sun was out above the trees radiating a pleasant warm to the orchard. The trees formed a sea of green with spots of red among the sea of green. It was such a nice day for everypony, well not everypony.

Applebloom was helping Applejack with some bucking and she was doing pretty well. Applejack was very impressed with the rate of bucking that Applebloom was going at.

‘’How am ah doin’ so far Applejack?’’ The little filly asked.

‘’Yer doin great sugarcube! Ah really must recognize ya for yer hard work’’ The blonde mare exclaimed happily.

Applebloom smiled with satisfaction before getting back to work. But she suffered a bit of bad luck due to the fact that she was pushing herself too hard. A fact that was accompanied with a bad kick that cased Applebloom’s day to turn from the best day she ever had so far to painfully awful.

She let out a sharp cry of pain as she felt her hooves hitting the tree the wrong way. She was fighting the tears that were forming in response to the sharp, piercing pain on her leg as she went to lie down on the ground.

Applejack panicked ‘’Applebloom! Oh sweet Celestia, what am going to do now! The hospital is way too far! Somepony! Anypony! Please help!’’

Spike heard Applejack’s screams for help and went immediately to succor his friend, jumping between the trees at a speed that would make him seem like he was flying among the trees.

‘’Applejack, what’s going on?!’’ Spike asked as he reached the scene in no time.

‘’Spike! Oh thank Celestia yer here! It’s mah sister, she’s wounded!’’ Applejack was too frightened to think clearly.

‘’Ok Applejack first and more importantly, please don’t panic. It’s the last thing we need right now.’’ Spike tried to calm the mare but it was useless.

‘’How do ya expect me to be calm in a moment like this?!’’ Applejack shouted at the young dragon.

‘’Ok, ok I get it. There is no need to scream in my ear.’’ He said calmly.

‘’What do we do now Spike?!’’ Applejack asked terrified for her sister.

‘’If you could bring me some warm water it would be great.’’ Spike requested.

‘’Ok, it’s not goin to take much time! Please take care of mah sister!’’ Applejack pleaded before rushing to the barn for the water.

‘’Why do ya need the water?’’ Applebloom asked with a very noticeable hint of pain in her voice.

‘’I can’t work with your sister here, screaming and making me nervous. Now don’t move, this is not going to take much time.’’ Spike explained.

‘’O-ok…’’ Applebloom said, lying down on the ground.

Spike inhaled a good amount of air, and then his muzzle started to glow in a yellow tone. Applebloom started to panic when she saw that Spike was preparing to exhale fire.

‘’W-wait! What in tarnation do ya think yer doin?!’’ The little filly screamed.

‘’Just trust me Applebloom.’’ Spike let out a burst of yellow flames that impacted on Applebloom’s leg.

She screamed waiting to receive a pain that never showed up. Instead, it felt really good.

Spike continued for at least fifteen seconds more before stopping and “POOF!” Applebloom’s leg was fixed!

‘’H-how…what do ya…’’

‘’It’s called the ‘Nignir’s purifying flare’, and it worked just fine I see.’’

Applebloom couldn’t manage to get up because of her shock and surprise.

Spike laughed a bit at this ‘’Need any help?’’

Applebloom nodded, letting Spike to help her.

Applejack returned with a bucket of hot-tempered water just as Spike commanded only to see that her sister was already healed. Applejack tossed the bucket away and hugged her sister firmly.

‘’Oh Applebloom, am glad to see that yer fine!’’ Applejack exclaimed.

‘’Don’t worry sis, am a-ok!’’ Applebloom laughed.

‘’How did ya do it Spike?’’ Applejack questioned how he managed to heal her sister so quickly.

‘’A little first-aid trick that I’ve learned in the ORDER.’’ He said proudly.

‘’That’s great!’’ She then realized something. ‘’Wait, if ya know how to do that, then why do ya send me for water?’’

‘’Sorry, but I couldn’t concentrate with you screaming next to me.’’ He apologized for fooling Applejack.

‘’Mmm.’’ Applejack was a bit irritated for the lie but decided to overlook it. ‘’Ah guess that it’s no big deal, after all ya helped mah sister.’’

‘’Thanks, but…’’ Spike trailed off.

‘’What is it?’’ Applejack asked.

‘’Weren’t you girls supposed to be going to help princess Cadence with something today?’’

Applejack’s eyes widened ‘’Oh no! Ah completely forgot! Thanks fer remindin’ me about that Spike! Ah’ll see ya two later, bye!’’ she galloped to the train station.

After seeing her sister leave, Applebloom turned to Spike ‘’Thank ya so much for helping me Spike.’’

‘’It was nothing AB.’’ Spike said as he scratched the back of his head.

‘’What are ya talking about, it was everything! There must a way to repay ya!’’ She said as she was thinking.

‘’Well, if you could tell Sweetie Belle that I want to talk to her about this whole ‘crush’ thing at SugarCube Corner, it would be great .’’ Spike asked looking rather uncomfortable about it.

‘’A-ok Spike, ah’ll tell her as soon as ah see her’’ Applebloom said with a sly smile. She thought this was the perfect opportunity for Sweetie Belle, and it was a little lie away.

‘’Thanks AB, I really appreciate it.’’ Spike beamed calmly at her before he went off.

Spike really wanted to clarify about that misunderstanding once and for all. So he went directly to SugarCube Corner to wait for Sweetie Belle, but he didn’t realize that he took the long and scenic route to the shop.

Meanwhile, Applebloom was walking through the market, hoping to find Sweetie there. Luckily for Applebloom but unluckily for Spike, she found Sweetie as she was buying some juice with Scootaloo in a store not too far away.

She reached to her friends ‘’Hey girls!’’

‘’Hey Applebloom, what’s up?’’ Scootaloo asked.

‘’You look excited about something.’’ Sweetie Belle added.

‘’Am happy that ah found ya two, especially ya Sweetie Belle.’’ Applebloom said.

‘’Really? Why?’’ The unicorn asked the earth pony.

‘’Ah wanted to tell ya that Spike was looking fer ya.’’ Applebloom said with a mischievous grin on her face.

‘’R-really?’’ Sweetie Belle blushed.

‘’Yeah, he said somethin bout a romantic date at SugarCube Corner.’’ Applebloom giggled.

‘’Ooooo, look at this! He finally built up the courage to ask you out Sweetie Belle.’’ Scootaloo nudged Sweetie’s shoulder playfully.

Sweetie Belle tapped her face with a hoof in order to cover the growing pink shade on her cheeks. This simply was wonderful news!

Sweetie was about to reply but Scootaloo interrupted her.

‘’Hey Sweetie Belle, look who’s coming.’’ She said pointing with her hoof to anyone but Spike.

Since he took the long way around, Spike arrived much later than Applebloom to the market that was on the way to SugarCube Corner.

‘’Hey girls.’’ He greeted the three fillies.

‘’Hey Spike, I’ve already told Sweetie Belle.’’ Applebloom said while pushing the little white unicorn in front of Spike.

‘’Thanks AB.’’ He turned to face Sweetie Belle. ‘’So, would you like to come with me Sweetie?’’

Sweetie gulped before answering him ‘’O-of course Spike…I would l-love to.’’

‘’Thanks, to be honest I’ve been looking for this moment for some time.’’ He confessed.

Sweetie’s face was already looking like a cherry in terms of color.

‘’I really wanted this m-moment to come too Spike.’’ She said sounding like Fluttershy.

Spike had to admit that she looked pretty cute when she was nervous.

‘’Ok then, I’ll be waiting for you at SugarCube Corner. See you there.’’ Spike smiled as he went off.

Once that Sweetie Belle was sure that Spike wasn’t in hearing range, she freaked out.

‘’Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod! He really asked me out!’’ She was running in circles, while having a panic attack.

Scootaloo grabbed her by the shoulders and shaked her abruptly ‘’C’mon Sweetie Belle! You have to cool down!’’

‘’Yeah, it will be yer first date with Spike, so ya better give him a good first impression.’’ Applebloom reasoned, although she was the one that caused of all this.

‘’Y-yeah, you’re right. I must show him what a great fillyfriend I can be!’’ Sweetie Belle advanced a few steps and then…

‘’Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod!Ohmygod!’’

Applebloom and Scootaloo facehoofed before taking Sweetie Belle behind a tree, and helped her calm down. Then they made a plan to make her date the most spectacular moment in Sweetie Belle’s life.

Author's Note:

Ok everyone, I hope that you liked it and if you did, let me a review!
Wait for chapter 6!
Thanks for reading!
ElCapoFimFic