• Published 4th Apr 2014
  • 6,145 Views, 90 Comments

The mighty and the Sweetie - ElCapoFimFic



Spike returns from a training trip at THE ORDER, but how is this going to affect his life and the lives of the ponies around him? Especially for a unicorn filly... SpikexSweetie Belle

  • ...
19
 90
 6,145

A date to remember

Spike reached SugarCube Corner in no time. He ordered a pair of milkshakes for him and for Sweetie Belle and waited for her, saving a place for her to sit.

‘’There you go Spiky, your two shakes!’’ Pinkie Pie exclaimed energetically as always.

‘’Thanks Pinkie, and if you don’t mind could you please tell me when Sweetie Belle’s here?’’ He asked, drinking a bit of his milkshake.

‘’No problem!’’ Pinkie winked playfully at him as she went off bouncing.

Spike started to think about what he was going to say to Sweetie Belle, since he wanted to clarify all this ‘’crush’’ thing. He needed some convincing, well-made points and lines that wouldn’t hurt the little unicorn’s feelings.

‘’She’s here!’’ Pinkie Pie shouted as she appeared from out of nowhere behind him.

Spike flinched after the scream. ‘’Thanks for letting me know Pinkie.’’ He replied rubbing his ears.

Pinkie was right on the dot because walking slowly through the front door was Sweetie Belle. She began to search for Spike, timidly turning her head to see if she can spot him.

‘’Hey Sweetie Belle, over here!’’ Spike waved at her.

Sweetie turned when she heard Spike’s voice. She started blushing remembering that this was her first date. She walked over to the table and sat down in front of Spike.

‘’Thanks for coming Sweetie, we have a lot to talk about.’’ Spike said to her.

‘’W-what makes you say that?’’ Sweetie Belle asked timidly.

‘’Well, if you can remember the day before yesterday when I reached to Ponyville. I said something that might have given everypony the wrong idea. That’s why I’ve called you here today’’ Spike said with a sinister seriousness.

‘’Oh…’’ Sweetie Belle was starting to see what he meant, and that made her very sad, especially because she realized that she wasn’t having a date with Spike. ‘’So, you don’t think I look…lovely…?’’ She said looking depressed at the floor.

Spike flinched at the surprising comment of the filly but reacted quickly because this was the situation he wanted to avoid. ‘’H-hey! I’ve never said that!’’ He exclaimed. ‘’Is just that whenever I…’’ He stopped.

Sweetie Belle was worried already, and his sudden silence wasn’t helping. ‘’Spike? Is there something wrong?’’ She spoke covering her mouth with her hoofs.

‘’Did you…curl your eyelashes?’’ He asked from nowhere.

‘’Y-yeah I did, why you ask?’’ She thought he didn’t like it.

‘’Wow, it looks tremendous on you!’’ Spike flattered her with energy and that obviously was making her face turn many shades of pink at once.

She coyly played with her mane. ‘’Umm, t-thanks Spike, but if you don’t mind I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable with all the praises you give to me.’’

Spike as red as a ruby at that. He didn’t notice that Sweetie was feeling that way. ‘’Oh, sorry.’’

Silence fell among the two youngsters.

‘’So, now what?! If this silence keeps up, my already low chances with Spike might slip away from me. I must act now!’’ She thought frantically, and then she came up with a partially necessary question for her that needed to be responded.

‘’So…’’ She broke up the silent atmosphere. ‘’Do you…like somepony?’’ She asked innocently. ‘’It’s an honest question’’

That took Spike completely off guard. ‘’W-well, if you really want to know I used to like Rarity, but in the ORDER I’ve realized that my childhood crush on her was...well, just that, so the answer is No, I don’t like anypony.’’ Spike sighed. ‘’And I’m only telling you this because I have too much confidence towards you.’’ He smiled.

Sweetie felt her heart to start beating again, seeing that even if Spike didn’t like her right away, she might end getting him to like her. Seeing how much appreciation he had for her, she didn’t even care about the fact that he used to have a crush on her sister.

‘’But, why are you asking me this anyway?’’ Spike suddenly questioned.

‘’Huh? Well I just, you know, wanted to…know you better.’’ She replied.

Spike looked at her quizzically, arching an eyebrow. ‘’Ok’’ He responded nonchalantly. ‘’And now that we’re getting intimate, why don’t you tell me if you like somepony.’’

Sweetie Belle instantly regretted asking that question. ‘’I…well… do like somepony…’’ She felt like he at least needed to know that she was indeed in love with somepony.

‘’Oh really?’’ Spike picked interest on the topic. ‘’Do I know him?’’ He asked curiously.

‘’Umm, maybe…’’ She replied in a dull tone; it was clear that she didn’t wanted to discuss that anymore, but Spike was already too interested in finding out who it was.

‘’It is an Earth Pony, a Pegasus or a Unicorn?’’ He pleaded for more clues.

‘’A…Pegasus.’’ Sweetie Belle was starting to stress out. ‘’Spike? It’s ok if we talk about something else?’’ She suggested eagerly.

‘’Aww, but I wanted to know who that lucky jerk is.’’ He complained loudly.

‘’I understand but…Wait!’’ She stopped. ‘’Did you just say ‘lucky jerk’? Why?’’ Now was Sweetie’s turn to make questions.

‘’Duh, because he caught your eyes Sweetie Belle, and I really don’t need to say that you’re an incredible filly. you’re intelligent, you’re cool, you’re funny, you sing so well that you can be the next Sapphire Shores and you’re cute too, man you’re quite the catch!’’ He expressed, completely ignoring that she could hear him perfectly.

Sweetie’s face matched with Applebloom’s bow after hearing that.

Spike wasn’t aware of what he said until he heard the giggles of a pair of mares behind them.

‘’Aww, isn’t that the cutest thing you’ve ever seen, BonBon?

‘’Indeed Lyra, it was just lovely’’

‘’What the hay? Spike turned to face an adorably blushing Sweetie Belle.

‘’S-spike…’’ She managed to communicate.

‘’Uh, I mean, you truly are.’’ Spike quickly and abruptly tapped his mouth with his claws as Sweetie’s face went four shades darker.

‘’I’m making you uncomfortable right?’’ He asked, stating the obvious.

She nodded slowly.

‘’Then I better leave before…’’

‘’NO!’’ Sweetie Belle screamed, interrupting Spike, who looked at her in disbelief.

‘’I mean, you don’t have to leave Spike. I’m just flattered, that’s all!’’ She put out the best excuse she could come up with in that moment to convince Spike to stay.

‘’I guess if I’m not doing anything wrong then it’ll be no issues if I stay a little longer.’’

‘’Thanks Spike, it means a lot to me that we get along so well.’’ She looked away.

The rest of the afternoon was pure chatting, joking and eating cupcakes for the dragon and the unicorn, basically having fun.

That of course changed when a pink filly with purple and white mane and icy blue eyes decided to show up and screw up their afternoon.

‘’Well, but if isn’t Sweetie Dolt. Having fun with your lizard pet?’’ She mocked. It a good thing for her that Spike was paying for the pastries and didn’t hear her saying that to Sweetie.

‘’Ugh, mind your own business Diamond Tiara!’’ Sweetie Belle exclaimed angrily.

‘’Ok Sweetie I’ve already paid the bill so we can…oh hello there. I’m Spike, are you a friend of Sweetie Belle?’’ Spike presented himself to Diamond Tiara since they didn’t know each other until now.

‘’Don’t you dare say that again!’’ Sweetie Belle and Diamond Tiara shouted at him in unison, making him utterly confused.

‘’Umm, I’ll take it as you’re not exactly sisters?’’ Spike commented.

‘’Hump! Why I would want to get along with a blank flank!’’

‘’At least I’m not a spoiled jerk that is hated by everypony!’’

‘’You’re obviously just jealous of my beauty and my standing!’’

‘’Yeah, you’re so beautiful that no pony wants to have a date with you Diamond Tiara, I’m so jealous of that’’

‘’Well, I don’t see that you’re having all the colts kissing your hoofs!’’

‘’Not all the colts but I’ve just dated a dragon warrior from the ORDER, so in your ugly face!’’

‘’That.Is.It! No one calls me ugly and gets away with it!’’ Diamond Tiara charged against Sweetie Belle and both girls started to roll all over the floor fighting each other. This continued until Spike decided that it was enough and went to put an end to the ridiculous quarrel.

He took Diamond Tiara with a claw and Sweetie Belle with the other, and lifted them as if they were feathers, surprising everypony around.

‘’Let me go!’’ Diamond Tiara growled.

‘’You forgot to say please’’ Spike taunted her, smirking burlesque as he put Sweetie Belle on the ground.

Diamond Tiara was really pissed off by this point. ‘’I swear if you don’t let me go in three seconds I will…’’ THUD!

‘’Happy now?’’ Spike said as he and Sweetie Belle left the building laughing with fervor. Spike offered to walk Sweetie Belle home, a proposal that she gladly took. After reaching the Carousel Boutique’s front door Sweetie Belle wiped a tear of joy from the corner of her eye and spoke to Spike.

‘’Thank you so much for today Spike. I really had a great time!’’ She beamed widely at the drake.

‘’Me too Sweetie. I hope we can repeat this soon.’’ Spike smiled calmly at her. ‘’Anyway, Twilight got to be worried about me so I guess I’ll see you tomorrow’’

‘’Yeah, bye…’’ When Spike was turning to leave he was stopped by the feel of Sweetie Belle’s lips pressing softly against his check.

The little dragon turned quickly with a faint blush adorning his muzzle. ‘’Wh-wha…wh…wha…’’ He stammers without control.

Sweetie Belle on the other hand was blushing very noticeably, making little circles on the floor with her hoof. A minute of silence passed between them before the unicorn filly spoke softly.

‘’Bye Spike…’’ She opened the door of the Boutique and entered, leaving Spike alone and shocked at the entrance.

‘’Aww, I really got wrong earlier, THAT was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen, don’t you think so BonBon?’’

‘’I have to agree with you more than ever this time Lyra, simply adorable.’’

Spike didn’t pay attention to them, he was too busy rubbing the kissed check and whispering. ‘’Wooooooooow’’

Author's Note:

Ok everyone, I hope that you liked it and if you did let me a review!
Wait for chapter 7!
Thanks for reading!
ElCapoFimFic.