• Published 5th Apr 2014
  • 1,222 Views, 27 Comments

Do you believe in ghosts? - The Infinity Doctor



Companion to 'The Witching Hour'. I'm nothing to these ponies, I hide in the shadows to avoid detection, and I intend to keep it that way.

  • ...
0
 27
 1,222

Hidden

"That was quite an impressive display" I said slowly, careful not to spook Midnight.
Though, I doubt she is one that scares easily, reader.

The kirin turned to face me for a brief moment before turning back to the scene before her.

"I thought I told you to stay out of our dreams" Midnight said, her serious expression saying everything.

"Indeed you did" I relented "but...it's a reflex...sometimes I see a bad dream, and I act"

The kirin half-nodded, watching the day's events play out before us.

"It's not so much as a dream, as it is a memory" she commented, the both of us watching Midnight's dragon-self battle a hydra.

"How is it you are able to achieve such a level of transformation?" I asked, watching the kirin revert back to her normal form.

The memory fizzled out of existence, leaving just the two of us.

"You are an enigma to me" I finally said "I have seen many things...this however...takes the proverbial cake"

"..."

"I will protect this information to the best of my ability- this will go no farther than me" I said, placing a hoof on my chest.
The kirin stared at me for a few moments, not even blinking.

"Well...I suppose I'll let myself out" I said.
I vanished from Midnight's mind, leaking back into the dream world.

I sighed to myself as I just...wandered...letting my mind wander.

"What's up, Dreamy?"

I turned, and saw nothing, only the massive amount of haze that usually permeated the dreamworld.

I suddenly felt as if I were being drawn backwards as I was forced back into Midnight's mind.

"What? How?" I wondered aloud, trotting through the darkness.
What had brought me here? Midnight was nowhere in view, only the swirling darkness.

Two heterochromic eyes, much like my own, stared at me from a distance. One being a light blue, the other purple, the whites of the eyes were replaced with yellow.

"Who are you?" I asked.
"Who aren't you?" a disembodied voice replied, distinctly female- presumably belonging to the owner of the eyes.
"I am Dreamcast, a dream-eater- who are you?"

The eyes didn't reply, further confusing me as they shifted, surveying me from all angles.

"Huh..." she said.

"Well...*ahem* I really must be going now" I said, turning to bolt out of the dream.
"Oh, I doubt that" the voice said as my body rose from the ground and flipped upside down "because...you see, it's ever so lonely in here- no one else wants to talk"

I stared my assaulter in the face as I was suspended, my mind doing back flips as I stared at the creature.

"Impossible..." I whispered.

"Impossible you say? Nothing, and I repeat, nothing, is impossible with me"

"You...y-you...how...you-"

"-shouldn't be here? Believe me, I've heard it before" she said, rolling her eyes.

The creature looked upon me with scrutiny, inspecting me as I hung there.

"You're probably too boring to play with anyway..." she snorted, haphazardly tossing me.

I flew through the air, and landed on my hooves a good distance from her.

I flew up to exit the dream, stealing one last glance to the draconequus before departing.

'What a lonely soul...'

Then again...so am I...

I groaned as I walked back to the draconequus, who was jumping up and down on a cloud.

"What?" she snapped.
"Hello"
"That's it? Just...hello?"
"I believe that's how one greets another"
"I wouldn't know" she shrugged, rolling her eyes.

"Well...what is your name?"
"Calypso"

A spirit of chaos being direct? This is new...

"What are you doing in here?"
"Why should I tell you?"
"I'm the only other one here"

"At the moment"

"What?"

"Nevermind...just...get out..."

I glanced at the creature for a few seconds longer, before turning and leaving Midnight's dream.

'What a lonely soul...'

Author's Note:

New chapter! Hooray!