• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 920 Views, 21 Comments

The Doctor, Derpy, and a world of cubes - Novalis14



The Doctor and Derpy wake up in a strange world. They have no tardis no sonic screwdriver, just a chest with a wooden pickaxe and a book

  • ...
4
 21
 920

Spawning

The Doctor began to stir and Derpy gave a huff of relief as he opened his eyes. "Ngh. Derpy wha- what happened? My head feels like it is going to split in two."

Derpy reached out a hoof to pull him up before replying "Last thing I remember you were going on about how Moscow was bound to have cows, then I wake up here and see you unconscious next to me." The duo looked around them. They were in what appeared to be a normal forest except for the one fact, everything was block shaped.

"I don't think we are in equestria anymore." The doctor said looking around him.

Derpy looked up at the sky "Even the sun and clouds are all blocky." The Pegasus began walking backwards trying to follow one of the clouds, and promptly tripped over something. "Eep!" she squealed flipping completely over the object and landing behind it. The doctor alerted by her squeal turned. In front of them lay a chest, equally as blocky as the rest of their surroundings.

The two ponies looked at the chest for a moment then at each other, the Doctor broke into a huge grin."I wonder what's inside." He tentatively reached out a hoof to touch the box, when his hoof made contact the lid automatically opened causing Derpy to jump. The doctor chuckled at her which and she huff in indignation, however when an image popped into existence in front of the chest they both nearly jumped out of their skins.

The image was of a 3x9 box grid with two items in the top left slots. The doctor walked around the image viewing it from all angles, after a moment he approached it and reached out his hoof towards one of the two filled slots which had the icon of the book and gave it a tap. With a shower of dust the doctors hoof became occupied by a blocky book. The plain brown cover had one word. "Survive"

Author's Note:

Alright so I know this is really short but I wanted it to end on that note. I know this is not well written but I told you why in the story description. Also I am not planing to go to in detail about the books contents so let me tell you now. It is basically a noob's guide to minecraft that will tell them how to craft stuff and will act as a reference for mobs when they encounter them.

Edit: While not much has changed this chapter has been edited.