• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 1,442 Views, 46 Comments

The core of an apple. - Tacosaurus101



Rainbow Dash and Big Mac have been forced to spend summer together for as long as they remember.Now that their families wish for them to marry the pair are dreading summer. However, when they find themselves in love, they start to change their views

  • ...
15
 46
 1,442

Things start with a boom...literally

This song fits in so well! Read with this song if you want!
:derpyderp2: wow chapter 5 already
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Rainbow Dash sped off in the glorious heat of the new day. Her eyes narrowed as she accepted the sky so early in the morning, her grin sparkling. The anticipation in her heart had now grown to a pounding desire for speed. It pulsed through her blood and roared in her ears to the sound of the wind. The rainbow-maned mare could just hear Applebloom and Scootaloo chanting her name. A smirk flashed on to her face. Faster and faster Rainbow flew. Her eyes narrowed as she felt the tingling sensation of heat flicker on her fore hooves. Rainbow' s jaw clenched as her eyes began to water. Her heart flipped with ecstasy as the sky shook with a mind blowing boom, a rainbow pattern explosion decorating the now blue sky. A shimmering rainbow trailed behind the mare as she swooped down towards the ground. Applejack let out a low whistle of awe where as the fillies behind her exclaimed "Woah...".

Braeburn was walking in to Sweet Apple Acres when all of a sudden a magnificent rainboom coated the sky. His mouth dropped in alarm. A Sonic Rainboom? It was supposedly an old mares tale until today it seemed. A cyan blue pegasus caught Braeburn' s eye. Rainbow Dash. He trotted briskly in to the orchard to see the rainbow maned mare land gracefully and pose smugly. She noticed the gawping Big Mac and stated "Told ya..." Rainbow then trotted off, not bothering to greet Braeburn, whilst Applejack closed Big Mac's jaw. Braeburn turned to his cousins and beamed. "AJ! Mac! Applebloom! And who's this lil' filly over here?" He asked as he turned to Scootaloo. The filly' s chest puffed out with pride.

"I'm Scootaloo. Rainbow Dash's sister!"
"Well Howdy Scootaloo! Mah name is Braeburn and ah come from Appleloosa!" The stallion exclaimed as he reared up on his hind legs.Applejack rolled her eyes, amused slightly,whilst the two fillies giggled. Braeburn tilted his head.

"Where'd Miss Dash go?" He asked. A cyan blue streak whizzed by them. Scootaloo called over to her sister.

"Rainbow Dash!"
The pegusus stopped and replied which a "Yeah?"

"Aren't cha gona say hi ta Braeburn?" Applebloom asked, pouting with her adorable puppy-like eyes.The rainbow-maned mare looked away. She wasn't falling for that face again. The last time she did apple pie exploded everywhere and Rainbow Dash was the one who had to clean up. "I can't. I'm meeting Soarin... Oh my gosh! Gotta dash! Bye!" With those words, Rainbow flew off again, eager to not miss her chance of completing her mother's- her dream. Rainbow Dash never brought up the subject of her mother. Closing her eyes briefly and forcing away the heartache, Rainbow forced herself to grin. She had a Wonderbolt to impress.

The four apples, plus Scoots, stared after her before Applejack broke the silence with "Anypony want some pie?" The other four nodded and followed her in to the house where Granny Smith was waiting.
"And just where is Rainbow Dash, hmm?" She narrowed her eyes questionably at the five.
"She flew off ter meet some fancy samchy Wonderbolt" Big Mac grumbled. He had to admit, the mare was quite lucky to meet a Wonderbolt and perform a Sonic Rainboom. And be pretty... Wait...Where in Equestria did that come from?!? Big Mac shook his head to clear his thoughts. 'Eenope. No way do I like her...' His thoughts were interrupted by a hoot of old laughter.
"Did she now? Well, I guess we'll have ter save some pie for her." Granny Smith chuckled as the five scrambled to ther seats. Little did Big Mac know she had a small plan brewing in the back of her mind to give him and Rainbow Dash a shove together...

Author's Note:

Granny Smith... WHY ARE YOU SO HARD TO WRITE FOR?!?
Ohh... Granny Smith you sly pony! This chapter was so fun to write! Thanks for viewing!