• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 1,442 Views, 46 Comments

The core of an apple. - Tacosaurus101



Rainbow Dash and Big Mac have been forced to spend summer together for as long as they remember.Now that their families wish for them to marry the pair are dreading summer. However, when they find themselves in love, they start to change their views

  • ...
15
 46
 1,442

Well this is awkward...

The room was still with silence. Big Mac gulped, his eyes shifting nervously. "Nice, um, juice I guess..." Rainbow Dash mentally kicked herself. Ugh, why was just talking awkward?
"Thanks...ah made most of it. Aj did the rest." Big Mac then moved towards the door, gave Rainbow a nod and walked off to the orchard. The silence still hung loosely in the air. Hushed voices echoed down the corridor as Applebloom and Scootaloo entered the room. It was a nice room with green apple themed wallpaper and cupboards with brown wooden tiles layered under a big rectangular table. It always had a welcoming glow and fresh apple fragrance lingering. "Howdy Rainbow!" Chirped Applebloom, sitting down and then gesturing Scootaloo to join her. Scootaloo eagerly scooted ((A/N no pun intended)) next to her.
"Hey Rainbow Dash. Do you mind if you pass me an apple please?" Rainbow Dash snapped out of her awkward silence and chucked Scootaloo a shiny red apple, replying
"Sure thing, kid."
"Are ya goin' ter show me tha' Sonic Rainboom?" Applebloom asked eagerly. Rainbow Dash looked guilty.

"Uh, well..." She racked her brains for a solution.

"I guess one wouldn't hurt..." She smirked. Applebloom' s eyes lit up.

"Really? Could ya do it when Braeburn gets here? Ya know to give 'im a warm welcome" Rainbow Dash snorted. 'Great.' She thought sarcastically.

"Sure, I guess..." Applejack looked over at Rainbow Dash.

"Ya wanna warm up a bit?" Rainbow rose from her seat.

"Guess so..."

"That's the spirit! C'mon Rainbow! Race ya to the fields!" Yelled Applejack.

"Oh it is so on!" Rainbow Dash giggled, running off.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The sun was a wonderful golden colour, casting itself across the orchard. The morning clouds rolled idly by as the weather mares and stallions were still, most likely, organising who would take what shift and when. Rainbow Dash beamed as she strolled causally through the fields. Stretching her blue wings, Rainbow Dash took flight, her crimson eyes sparkling with anticipation. She loved a good race, always. Spotting her target, Rainbow landed gracefully on the ground just as Applejack ran up the grassy hill. "Hey, no fair. You flew here..." She grumbled, catching her breath back. Rainbow Dash snorted, rolling her eyes.

"You didn't say I couldn't..." She then smirked. Applejack shook her head and laughed slightly.

" 'spose I didn't..." The orange mare smirked back. Applejack then sat down upon the ground and looked at Rainbow Dash expectantly. The pegasus tilted her head in confusion and uttered a "What?"

"Ain't cha gonna, ya know, take flight, seein' as you did that already?" Applejack imformed her, pushing her brown hat almost lazily up her head. This caused Rainbow Dash to puff out her chest and spread her wings.

"You bet" She yelled as she sprung quickly in to the sky, her heart racing. As Rainbow flew, both she and Applejack were both unaware that someone was watching them...

Author's Note:

Dun dun dun! Things are starting to heat up! :derpyderp2: