• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 1,850 Views, 15 Comments

Wereity - Too Manestream



Rarity gets mauled by a wolf but instead of dieing, she turns into a werewolf. Yeeea, I have no regrets.

  • ...
7
 15
 1,850

Don't go in the Everfree forest at night.

Sweat dripped across Rarity's forehead, as she watched Sapphire Shores. A fake smile engulfed her face. It was obvious she was nervous, to be fair, what pony wouldn't be nervous if the most famous pony in Equestria came to them for an outfit to wear on their tour?

Sapphire Shores inspected the dress, feeling the fabric, smelling..? The gems, it looks like, and in all paying attention to every small detail. Rarity wasn't very good at reading other ponies, but as far as she can tell, this wasn't going well for her. "Well- uh, what do you think?" Rarity asked, breaking the silence surrounding the shop.

The cream-colored mare switched her focus to Rarity. "It's okay," Rarity was already afraid of what she was going to say next, "but I don't like this material. I think spider-silk would be better."

"S-spider silk? Of course! I'll get started on the new dress right away!" Rarity spat out, with an unrealistic smile across her lips.

"Good! I've got an appointment with my hair stylist in about twenty minutes or so, don't worry I'll be back tomorrow." Sapphire Shores said before trotting out the door.

The unicorn returned her uncomfortable face to it's normal expression and took a deep breath, now that she was finally alone. 'Okay now, where do I get spider-silk?' Rarity asked herself. She hadn't gotten a request for spider-silk in a while and the store where she buys all of her sewing materials stopped selling it. 'Well I could make my own spider-silk, there are spiders in the Everfree forest.'

'No, I can't go there, not a night,' Rarity argued with herself. 'But on the other hoof, she's coming back tomorrow and I need as much time to work as possible. I'll just take a moment, I just need a few spiders, right how bad could that be for Celestia's sake.'


Rarity's horn glowed, lighting up the darkness of Everfree forest surrounding her. It was cold and dark, and Rarity wanted to get the spiders and get it over with. She looked around, realizing she'd came across a dark, foggy clearing.

In the corner if her eye, she saw a bush shake rapidly, loudly. Rarity shivered as she murmured under her breath, just loud enough for another pony to hear. "Who's their?" She was too afraid to speak up, this must be how Fluttershy feels, even when she isn't in these kinds of possibly life-or-death situations.

Something snarled, but it was arguably impossible to see, what with all this fog.

"Is that you, Applejack... Rainbow Dash? Are you trying to pull some sort of nasty trick on me, or something?" She asked, worried the answer would be otherwise. "Cause, i-if you are, I must say, it isn't very funny."

A dark figure with glowing yellow eyes jumped out of the bushes and took a bite out of her arm. She screamed for help, but her cries just faded into the darkness trapping. The creature had sharp teeth, with blood dripping from it's teeth. Her blood. She felt its claws dig into her torso, her blood leaked out. It was too much for anypony to bare, she blacked out.


"Rarity? Are you okay?" A motherly sounding voice asked. It was faded but unmistakable to Rarity. She opened her eyes and saw a blurred image of Fluttershy bent over her. "Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're awake! I didn't want the others to come because I was worried it would be too much for you." She said smiling.

Rarity's head was pounding. "Thank you dear, what happened last night?" She said, clenching her forehead with her hoof.

"I found you this morning just outside the Everfree forest. You were terribly wounded, so I took you inside and bandaged up your scars."

Rarity looked down at herself. She didn't realize it until then, but her left foreleg had a bandage wrapped around it, and it had a bright, crimson red blood seeking through it. Another bandage was around her lower torso it wasn't as bad, but she saw blood in patterns like scratches. 'What happened last night?' She also notice something else quite odd, her coat.. It was a ghostly pale white color. 'I don't remember dying my coat, was that even what had happened?' She wondered.

"I-I need to get home, and see if Sweetie Belle is okay. If I didn't get home last night, chances are that she is worried sick." Rarity tried to get up. Her legs wobbling like she was a broken table. Fluttershy put a hoof on her, gently, pushing her back onto the couch she was laying in before.

The butter-colored mare lifted her hoof once Rarity was down again. "Before you go, something concerns me. The scratches and bite mark-" Rarity looked at her arm assuming that is where she got bit "-you got are from a wolf, but these are much worse than any species I have seen and-"

"Relax, I'm okay, aren't I?" Rarity asked, "It doesn't matter what happened to me, as long as I survived. Now please, Fluttershy, be a dear and help me up?" Fluttershy did so, helping her off the couch and onto her hooves. "Thank you," she limped to the door, "Now I should go home and check on my sister, Thank you very much. You really are an amazing friend." Rarity thanked her once more, before leaving.

Fluttershy sighed, hoping that Rarity would be okay. She had slept all day, and it was getting late. Besides, it looked like she couldn't even stand on four hooves. The pegasus was worried for her friend, but she just decided to leave her be. She needed to get home, and that was that. "Come back if you need anything else." Fluttershy shouted out the window before Rarity was out of sight, waving. Rarity whipped her head over to face fluttershy and smiled, before continuing.