• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 910 Views, 18 Comments

F Is For Fancy - Izzyloves12



When Rarity is in a pickle, only one alicorn to get her out of it.

  • ...
9
 18
 910

Nights

Gems and Diamonds, was one of the most prestigious restaurants in Ponyville. The glamour and sophistication, made me feel like I was entering one of the many restaurants in Canterlot. Spike and I entered, to find us being greeted by the manager.

"Good evening, welcome to Gems and Diamonds. How many are dining here tonight?" He asked.

"Two" Spike replied. The pony looked down to Spike and looked perplexed for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Alright, follow me" he guided us through a crowd of ponies eating. A few ponies looked our way as we walked, and I heard chuckles from them. They were all mostly looking at Spike, obliviously from him. Honestly, I loved attention, but those glares weren't doing anything to me. We arrived at a table, with two glasses and napkins. The manager handed us a menu, bowed once and left to his spot. I didn't even look at the menu, I already knew what I wanted. However, Spike looked puzzled at it, I could tell he'd never come to one of these. I didn't get the chance to ask him, when a waiter came. He smiled, while he took out his notepad.

"Miss, what will you be having today?" he asked addressing me.

"I'll have a martini only"

"And you, sir?"

"Do you guys have sapphires?"

"No"

"Rubies"

"No"

"err... Turquoise"

"No, we don't serve gems. But perhaps we have something here that you would like" I don't why, but his tone bothered me a little. It wasn't Spike's fault that he liked gems, the waiter was just being a pain in the flank.

"The only pony food I like is hay fries, you got that?"

"We do. Drink?"

"Nah, I'm good"

"Very well, I'll come back with your orders" the waiter said as he left. I didn't notice Spike calling for me, I was too busy looking at his posture. So calm, cool and elegant at the same time, how can you fit all those three qualities in one little dragon? Something I have always admired about him.

"You okay? You kinda spaced out" I could feel the heat reaching my cheeks, as I composed myself.

"Yes, I was just thinking"

"About what?"

"Nothing, just how much I want that martini" I lied.

"Speaking of which, I didn't know you drank?" I chuckled in response.

"Not usually, it doesn't have that much alcohol"

"Yeah, I was just wondering" A different waiter came this time, placed my drink and Spike's hay fries.

"Bon appetit!" he said and left.

"Wow. This looks awesome!" Spike said and took a handful of fries." They taste even better than they look!" he spoke with his mouth full, but I didn't even care. Instead, I watched with how much joy he ate them, he wasn't that depressed dragon I found an hour earlier anymore.

"Do you want some ketchup?" I said, as I levitated the object. He nodded and I poured a little. I began drinking my martini, watching how happy the ponies around us looked. Spike moved his chair, maybe thinking I wouldn't notice.

"Want some?" he asked, offering me some of his fries. To be honest, I liked hay fries, even though I only ate them when Sweetie Belle was around.

"Thank you" I said. I took some and ate one, as soon as it connected to mouth, I felt the urge to eat more. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Spike resisting the urge to laugh at my odd behavior. I blushed watching the way he grabbed a napkin and wiped the corner of my mouth.

"You had some ketchup in your face"

"Sorry, I got a little carried away. I haven't eaten these since Sweetie Belle's 8th birthday"

"That long, I should take you out more often" I smiled at the thought.

"I would like that Spike" I said leaning closer and kissing his cheek. He touched it for a moment with dreamy eyes, but composed himself to look cool. But I knew he cared. A thought came to me, but I didn't think it was appropriate, since he just passed through a breakup. I knew it was true, but I wanted to know when it stopped.

"You know Spike, I always knew you admired me, in a way" I watched as he tensed up and I chuckled." But I got to know, when did it stop?"

"It never did" was his only response.

"Then why were you so depressed when Ginger left you?"

"I always thought moving on was the answer to the pain I felt. So when Ginger asked me out, I said yes because I was desperate for some love. Then the breakup came, and I felt the pain again. Don't you see I was scared of rejection, I couldn't face you, I just couldn't" he said shaking his head, but no tears touched his eyes. That was really sweet and I felt something inside me stir, and it wasn't the fries, it was something else.

"Looks like you just did. You faced your fears, without crying your eyes out"

"Your right, I did"

"And about rejection, you should know me better and know that I wouldn't reject you harshly. Even if I don't feel the same way about you, I would understand. Judging by this, you were trying to ask me out?" I asked. He nodded, looking down at his claws." I'm not rejecting you, I just need time to think. I need to understand myself first" again he nodded and looked up.

"Thanks R- Can I call you by your name?"

"Sure"

"Thanks Rarity, for understanding." A waiter came and put the bill in front, he smiled and left to his spot. 20 bits. I was about to get my bits out, but Spike stopped me.

"I'll pay, be right back" I watched as he walked down, to the counter. He came back a few minutes later and grabbed my hoof.

"Shall we get going?" he asked. Kissing him on the cheek again, I laughed.

"Let's go my gentledragon"