• Published 29th Mar 2014
  • 911 Views, 18 Comments

F Is For Fancy - Izzyloves12



When Rarity is in a pickle, only one alicorn to get her out of it.

  • ...
9
 18
 911

Just Another Regular Pony

"Almond? Are you serious?" Spike asked incredulously. Yes the name did come out randomly, but that came with the pony I was thinking of.

"Well I was thinking of Pinkie Pie, all our friends really" I said. Twilight, who seemed to be thinking spoke up.

"What about them?" she asked.

"I can't tell them about my new identity" I said. Twilight and Spike looked at me like I had lost my mind.

"Why not? Don't you trust them?" Twilight asked. I did trust them, but this was going to complicate things even more. If I told them, the police will come to them. Even worse, Applejack couldn't lie, and it would probably be my doom.

"Of course I trust them! It's just...things could get difficult for us and you would most likely ruin your reputation. It'll be news for everypony, a princess helping a criminal. I couldn't do that to you" I said. Twilight seemed to consider this, before answering.

"Yeah, alright then. Should we get started?" she said grinning. I nodded and prepared for my make over. Twilight lead me to her bathroom, it wasn't so bad.She sat me in a small chair and I could see her look closely at my mane for a moment.

"Okay, so first thing's first. What color would you want your mane to be?" she asked. Anything,but green I thought. But perhaps, a shade of gold with rosy highlights would do the trick.

"Err...how about gold with pink highlights" I simply said. With her magic, she began to wrap my mane in a pink aura. I could feel the sensation of liquids all over my head, until she stopped to look at me from the mirror. I couldn't see my face, since I was facing her, and I had my back to the mirror. She smiled in approval and looked at me.

"There, now we have to change your mane style, so I'll do the best I can to make it fashionable for you." She knew me so well. I winced when she started to pull a few strands. I could see, small little portions of mane falling to the ground. I could see she was sweating, trying to make it perfect. Once she was done, she put a emerald clip on top of my mane.

"Okay, what next?" I asked.

"You're looking good so far, now how about I change your coat color? " I took a moment of hesitation.

"Alright, I want...a creamy mint" I answered.

"I'll be right back. I have to go get a book and be right back, okay?" she said. I nodded and I assume she teleported to her living room. She came back about a minute later, with a book. Quickly, she began reading a page and smiled once she finished.

"Okay, I'm ready. Let's see, mint green." I began to float in the air, once again surrounded by the aura. I already felt different. When she was finished, her eyes were focused on my flank.I felt flattered of course and I began blush.

"Uh-Oh.Even with all the magic I have, I can't change your cutie mark. That will be a problem" Twilight said. I thought for a moment and remembered a time when something like this occurred.

"No, it won't be a problem. Remember that time when Trixie was in town, Big Mac had to change his cutie mark to Applejack's" I said.

"Oh, yeah. I remember, I'm sure I could do something like that" I wasn't so sure about that, but I decided to let her do it. She grabbed a paint brush and paint, she began drawing what I thought was an oval. As she began adding colors, it formed a square around it. When she was half way done, I realized what it was. It was a piece of cake with an almond in the middle, how convenient. She seemed to remember something and immediately began to work on it. A flash of light blinded me, and for a moment I thought I was blind. Until I regained my sight, she smiled and apologized.

"I'm sorry, I was changing your eye color. Don't worry, it'll fit your coat" she slowly began to turn me around. I was perplexed to see that the pony in front of me, was actually me. I was beautiful, even more than before. My mane was down, but instead of my regular style, there were waves. My eyes were hazel, which combined beautifully with my coat. Finally, my coat was exactly like I imagined, mint green. I could see Twilight smiling at me.

"Thank you Twilight, I look beautiful" I said. She nodded and yawned.

"Good, because I'm tired" she said. She pointed to a spare bed she had once we arrived at her room. Spike was already sleeping peacefully again. Once we were all settled down, we said our good nights and went to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, was normal as ever. I showered, brush my teeth, eat breakfast and everything. But I still wasn't used to seeing somepony so different from my regular self. Just as I was cleaning up the dishes, there was knock on the front door. This time Spike opened it, to reveal 4 mares I knew all too well.

"Hey Spike, is Twilight home?" Rainbow Dash asked. Twilight came running down stairs, before greeting them.

"Hey girls, come in" she gestured them to sit on the couch. I slowly came out the kitchen, calming my breath. As soon as I came out, all eyes were glued to me.

"Who is this?" Rainbow asked again. They all looked at Twilight waiting for an answer and I could tell she was nervous. As she started talking I came to the rescue.

"Girls this is-"

"-Almond Crisp" I interrupted. I don't know when or how I lost my accent when I said that." I'm Twilight's cousin, she probably hasn't mentioned me before" They all smiled at me and shook their head.

"Well she's never mentioned you before, but since you're her family were glad to have you here" Applejack said. I smiled in return and nodded.

"Thank you-" I waited for an answer.

"Applejack. This here is Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie" she said gesturing them.

"Sup"

"Hello"

"Hi!"

"Pleasure to meet you all, I'll go ahead and go upstairs" I said. Just when I was about to take a step. I heard Twilight speak up.

"Don't be silly Almond, join us" You're going to pay for this Twilight. I turned around and put the best smile I had.

"Well if you insist,cousin" I said. I sat next to her and decided to listen to their conversation.

"So why the visit?" Twilight asked.

"We came here,'cause today in the morning I was walking around town when I saw pictures of Rarity all over town. So I asked what the problem was and they told me she stole some kind of dress" Rainbow said. The other 3 mares nodded with a worried frown on their faces.

"Everypony's sayin' she ran away last night, and haven't seen her since. We're really worried" Applejack added. I listened to these words and couldn't help feel a little guilt on my part. If the time comes, I'll apologize to the 4 of them for causing them worry.

"I can't say I heard about this, but I'm sure Rarity's fine" Twilight said. Liar I said chuckling on the inside. A worried look was on Fluttershy face, as she spoke up.

"I also haven't seen Sweetie Belle around" she mentioned. I was about to answer, but reminded myself I wasn't Rarity anymore. Luckily, Twilight answered.

"Oh, Rarity told me last week she was on vacation with her family and Opal on vacation" she said. Out of nowhere, we all heard Pinkie.

"Your name's delicious" she said. Twilight looked at her with a confused face, as she addressed her.

"Excuse me?" she asked. Pinkie shook her head and tilted her head, towards me.

"No, Twilight. I was talking about your cousin, she has a delicious name. I mean it's Almond, ALL-MMM-OO--NN--D" she said laughing. Randomly, she asked made gasp that made me jump a little.

"Oh my goodness! What about you're family, I bet they have delicious names too!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, I belong to the err... Brownie family" I lied. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Twilight raise an eyebrow.

"Twilight! Why didn't you tell us you had a yummy family!" Pinkie said, pretending to be offended. I grinned,as Twilight moved uncomfortably on her seat.

"I didn't know how goody my family was" she said with a sarcastic tone.

"Ohhh, tell us more" Pinkie said sitting down comfortably, and gesturing me to begin, as the rest of them rolled their eyes. This was going as planned. Nopony was had recognized me, and that was great. This whole Almond thing wasn't going to be easy, but I'm sure I could pull it off.

"Were should I start" I said, as I prepared myself for the thousand lies that were ready to come out of my mouth.

Author's Note:

Yeah... I try to make these chapters long, but they always end up being at least 1,000 words.
~Izzy