• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 2,692 Views, 69 Comments

The Heart of Worlds - Alchemystudent



Twilight Sparkle finds a mysterious Pegasus who is capable of controlling unicorn magic. Who is she and what is the heart of Worlds

  • ...
13
 69
 2,692

Y is for Yeildless

Will walked closer and held out her hoof, ""Girls? I'm here! Over here! Come on."

She reached closer, seeing the four hooves reach for her. Then in a flash, where there was one pegasus, was now five ponies. After laying down on the ground for a few moments, Will opened her eyes with a blink and looked at the group on top of her, "G-girls? GIRLS!"

"Will!" the four shouted as she hugged Will.

Hey Lin, being a little pegasus, fluttered as she hugged Will, "Will, we missed you so much! You wouldn't believe the wacky things we did to get here."

"Couldn't you have landed in a world where we are still humans? "Cornelia asked, running a hoof through her blonde mane.

Taranee shrugged, "It ain't so bad, really." her brown earth pony shoulders turning in a circle.

"Hey, its pretty awesome anyway," Ima said, looking at the six bearers, "So, you must be the guys who protected her. Thanks so much!”

Twilight frowned at Nerissa before looking at Will's friends with a smile,"Hi, sorry we have to meet under these circumstances..."

"Eh, no big deal," Irma shrugged.

Cornelia gasped at Rarity, "OH, I love your mane. We have got to share tips."

"Thank you my dear, your horn care is exquisite-"

"Excuse me, my dear friends," Nerissa said, her body slowly becoming younger as she spoke, "Have we forgotten something?"

"Wait," Taranee said, putting a hoof to her chin as she watch Nerissa become as young as they were, "Nerissa is the villain?"

"Shoot!" Hay Lin said, hovering without flapping her wings, "I had money on Maleficent. We never fight her."

"Well, Will, are you ready?"

Wil held out the heart and shouted, "Guardians Unite!"

In a flash, the five mares were covered in a blinding spectrum of colors. As the light shaded, the elements that surrounded each mare faded, leaving them transformed. Each had a pair of large fairy wings on their backs and looked suitably older. Irma allowed the water to turn into a ball on her hand, her long blue shirt covered with a pink sash, "Water!" smirked the earth pony.

"Fire!" shouted Taranee, the flames licking her brown fur that wat covered in her purple top that chowed off her little belly.

"Earth!" Cornelia said, vines binding to her legs her outfit looking the most like a dress of the five."

Hay Lin flew in a circle, creating a tornado,"Air!" her out fit was like strings of blue and pink that wrapped around her.



"Quintessence!" Will said, lighting flowing along her body. as she landed with her pink and blue outfit, she smiled at the others, "It's good to be back."

"Twilight, I want a transformation. We need a transformation sequence," Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight shook her head,"No, Rainbow, not unless we get something like Rainbow Power or whatever..."

Lighting crackled along Nerissa's hooves as she growled, "I am going to enjoy wiping every variation of you mares from the face of the multiverse. I will relish in using your corpses to establish my new order.”

Nerissa sent out a lighting bolt at Twilight, before ducking under the sword slash by Rarity. Cornelia waves her hoof up, creating a tunnel of earth with a fist. Irma and Hay Lin used their magic to make the tunnel into ice which allowed Pinkie to skate along it and Hit Nerissa with her party cannon.

Pulling back, the witch growled and sent out a lighting storm that hit the mares with a powerful strike. Struggling in pain, Fluttershy put up a shield around the, blocking the lighting. Nodding, Rainbow and Will flew up and began to take control of the lighting by kicking it, opening the portal for Twilight. Cornelia floated some stones for Twilight to fire.

Twilight charged her magic to strike the stones into Nerissa. three of the stones struck Nerissa in the shoulder and leg. Enraged, she ran forward, only to meet Applejack. Applejack began to deliver punches and kicks at Nerissa, and with effort, the witch managed to dodge each hit. Then she returned with an earth covered punch what sent Applejack flying. The palermo pony was quickly caught by Hay Lin, while down below, Will and Irma fired a wave of electrified water at Nerissa.

Nerissa created a shield, diverting the water. Then she broke from the shield to move to Irma and shock her into a wall and then began to swipe her staff at Will. Will barely had time to dodge each blow, but when one hit came at her head, it was blocked by Rarity.Rarity and Nerissa went sword to staff, as the heart of world continued to pulse with energy, almost in tone to the batter.

With a quick evade, Nerissa managed to hit Rarity had rin the side, swiping her away. Turning around she was confronted by a wall of flame. BEhind her, a wall of rock spikes appeared. Taking flight, she had to block the attack from Twilight.

Twilight struck with Equinox, before charging her horn to try and disrupt Nerissa's shield. When Nerissa's shield broke, Cornelia shot up Applejack and Pinkie Pie in the air. Nerissa growled and prepared a spell, only to be distracted by a whirlwind of yellow and blue. When her vision cleared, she received double blows from the earth ponies, causing her to crash down to the ground. After slowly rising back up, she blocked a lighting bolt, redirecting it back to Irma. Then she blocked a bolder and slammed it against Fluttershy. With a growl , she flew at Hay Lin, charges a lightning bolt.

Rainbow Dash intercepted her, slashing out with her wing blades. Nerissa hit Dash hard in the side with her staff, leaving Hay lin Time to fly up and hit her with a whirlwind strike. Taranee added her fire magic and Cornelia added the eart. Nerissa, roared, sending the stones and flames away, hitting all of the mares present. Then with a flash, everything went black.

When Twilight and Will opened their eyes, they would find themselves facing down Nerissa. The white witch was now a giant centaur with flaming energy on her hands. One hand held a glove, the other a sword. With a blast she fired black magic at the two.

Hey Lin looked to Rarity, and together they began to look around their battlefield. In the center of the room, Nerissa, created an ice storm that struck at the two ponies. In another place, Dash and Taranee found themselves in the Castle of the Two Sisters, facing Nerissa as she attacked them with her sword. On a boat, Irma and Pinkie glared down a Narissa wreathed in black flame. Applejack and Cornelia stood in front of a Nessia with long claws.

Fluttershy looked around, trying to find the others. Then she let you an eep when she saw a Nerissa with bat like purple dragon wings. Twilight put up a shield against the blast before using her horn to summon earth spikes from under Nerissa.

Nerissa yelled in pain as the spike hit her and in return she fired a black magic bolt at Twilight. Will intercepted the blast with her lighting and flew around the centaur, striking with bolt after bolt. The centaur backhanded Will away, sending her through several trees. The centaur then fired a bolt at Twilight, before grabbing one of the spikes and throwing it at her.

Taranee dodged from the black sphere of energy from Nerissa, trying to keep away from the energy blasts. When she was against the wall, the next shot was sliced in half by Rainbow Dash. Holding up a hoof to form a blade, Nerissa charged at Rainbow Dash, bringing blade against wing blade. The two ponies collided in the air briefly before flying high into the sky.

There was a smirk on Rainbow Dash's' face, but that did not last as the black disk that had formed on Nerissa's tail flew around and struck Rainbow in the back, sending her falling. Taranee caught Rainbow Dash, quickly moving from the next blast, but unable to dodge Nerissa's blade which cut deep into Taranee's back.

Applejack blocked the hoof blades from Nerissa, pushing back against her as they grappled. USing her earth magic, Corneal caused a crack to form beneath the two. Moving deftly Applejack leaped from the crevice and managed to punche Nerissa in the face in mid air. Looking down, Applejack tried to see Nerissa's body, but was surprised to not see her hangin on.

Instead, she and Cornelia were attacked by several slashes in the back and side.


Nerissa blew a gold blast at Rarity, which began to make Rarity's armor freeze her in place. Jumping to the side, Hey Lin blew a strong powerful gust at Nerissa, blowing her back into a wall. Looking over, Hey Lin smiled when Rarity nodded that the was ok, and the jumped out of the way when a golden beam shot out from the crewater. When another fired, Rarity cut the beam in half with vorpal.

Nerissa, took to the sky, sending town a hail of ice spikes and spears onto the two heroes, cutting into their bodies.

Irma began to hold back the fire with her water, in spite of the sweat forming on her face from the exertion. Given a wink to Pinkie, the pink mare followed suit and leapt into the air, firing her party cannon rapidly at NErissa. Unable to react in time, the former guardian was belted with streaminer and pie batter. With an enraged growl, Nerissa charged at her and slashed Pinkie in the chest with a lightsaber. There was a smirk on her face as she looked at the slashed Pinkie.

This look was then replaced with shock as Pinkie appeared, with a little cut on her side. Nerissa then turned to look at the balloon she had cut. With a growl she turned to to the two.

Fluttershy let out a scream of pain as she was ut deep by the dragon Nerissa and began to fly away. Carefully she held up shields to ward off the flames and the claw marks. But the force winds had buffeted her and send her flying into the forest. The area was around her was dead, so no animals to save her and she knew Nerissa would not fall for the stare.

Looking up, she watched as Nerissa slammed a claw into the ground, barely missing the mare. DEftly, the mare flew up into the sky, and took a whiff of the air. Curious, she dare another flight to the dragon, only to get tail whipped through the woods again.

Twilight gasped as she grabbed the spike and threw it to the ground, before copying the centaur's own bolt and throwing it at her. Twilight then teleported behind her and turned her sword into flames and slashing at her legs.

Will followed suit, throwing her lighting at the centaur's legs where Twilight slashed. Nerissa let out a roar and fired her bolts at Twilight and Will, just barely missing the two in-flight ponies.

Rainbow Dash helped Taranee up. Smiling, Taranee nodded to Dash, and the young pegasus nodded as she flew straight at Nerissa. The witch was ready and slashed at Rainbow Dash, just barely nicking Dash’s stomach. But the pegasus went undaunted as she flew in a circle, Taranee adding a tornado of fire to Dash's spin.

Struggling through the slashed, Cornelia placed her hand onto the ground, feeling for Nerissa. Opening her eyes wide, she raised a bit of earth, tripping the speedster. As Nerissa fell, Applejack responded with a direct hoof to the face. Growling the slashed at Applejack's face, cutting deep. Cornelia blocked the next strike, creating n earthen fist that struck at Nerissa sending her into a wall.

The ice spikes stabbed and slashed into Hay Lin's and Rarity's backs and legs, leaving bloody marks where they hit. Looking up through the hail storm, Hay Lin began to concentrate, blowing up a wind storm that sent the spike soaring into the sky. With the little bit of relief, Rarity began to cut through what was left, clearing the way for Hay Lin to go invisible and fly up behind Nerissa to blow her into Rarity's waiting sword. Rarity then ducked under an ice sword, blocking it with her own, allowing Hay Lin to ht Nerissa with a wind punch.

Racing at Irma, she slashed at the water bearer's leg, cutting into it. Irma screamed in pain, but used a water bullet to slip up Nerissa. Pinkie then hit Nerissa with a mallet, knocking her down. Nerissa hit Pinkie with a dark blast of energy, and then hit Irma with the lightsaber's hilt. Shaking her head, Irma sent a wave of water that blasted Nerissa away from the two. Pinkie then fired her party cannon at Nerissa, blasting her with a confetti ball.

Fluttershy flew close to the dragon, slashing at her belly. Nerissa roared and swatted Fluttershy. Fluttershy struggled to get up as the dragon came closer. Then the yellow pegasus smiled as Nerissa's stomach started to tremble

Twilight flew up into the sky, charged her horn, and then dive bombed her, causing a purple shield to wrap around herself as she struck Nerissa in the chest. Nerissa let out a yell of pain as her body vanished.


In the heart room, Nerissa stood in front of the heart of worlds, blood dripping from her body. Looking up, she could see the guardians and bearers in similar states of pain. Gashes and broken limbs were on each mare. Blood had been smeared on the floor and some of the mares wavered back and forth from the pain that they were in. Nerissa growled, "No, not yet. I won't lose. Not when I’m so close to my ultimate destiny."

"Give it up Nessie! You lost," Dash's aid with a snarl.

"Not yet, I have yet to tap more into the power of the heart. I had brought so many allies’ power into my side but one. She will be your downfall!" Nerissa said, laughing as the golden energy of Cosmos began to surround her. Holding her hoof to the heart, she began to laugh as her body started to change and morph.

"Oh my," Fluttershy said, looking on in horror.

"What is happening?" Cornelia asked.

Will covered her eyes against the light, "She's tapping into Cosmos’ power, and using the Heart of Worlds to temper it for her to gain control, but where is no way she can--"

Her voice was drowned out by an explosion of light. From with in the light, an alicorn's hoof stepped out, followed by a dragon's claw. Then the bipedal creature stood to its full height, her long slender snake like body towering over the mares. Holding up a black cat's paw and a pheonix’s talon, Nerissa began to laugh, throwing back her horse head and letting her mismatched horn scratch the Heart of Worlds tree, "HAHAHAHA!!! This is too perfect! Of course, if there is one true constant in the universe is its love of irony."

"She's become a draconequus!" Rarity said.

'In order to become an arbiter of harmony and order, I need to be chaos incarnate," chuckled Nerissa.

Twilight struggled to get up,"No..." She looked at the Heart of Worlds, before looking back at her friends,"We're too weak right now... maybe we can access the Heart..." She muttered to herself,"It's a big mass of omniversal energy, Nerissa can't have taken all of it!" She charged her horn to teleport herself closer to the Heart and sprinted towards it.

"Not this time," Nerissa said, picking Twilight up by her magic and throwing her into the rest of the group. "This is the end of it all. I am order, I am the new law, and you are the old. Welcome to the new world." and with a snap of her fingers, the bearers and guardians were incinerated.

Outside of the chamber, "Sunset!" Celestia said, hugging her former student, "You and I are going to have a long talky young lady. Where is Twilight?"

Trixie struggled to gte up, "In there."

"Are you sure? I cannot feel them," Luna whispered.

"Trixie’s sure," the blue magician said, smiling, "Sparkle will not leave me behind. Not now."


In the chamber, Nerissa continued to laugh, not seeing the faint beam of a teleportation. The 11 mares laid there, unmoving, their bodies broken Twilight laid over, her horn still glowing. The inner light of Twilight began to glow, "Magic."

Applejack turned her head to look, "Honesty."

"Loyalty," Dash rolled over, her face looking as sure as ever.

"Generosity" Rarity began to glow softly.

"Laughter," Pinkie Pie began to giggle.

"Kindness," Fluttershy smiled as she felt an all too familiar warmth in her body.

The guardians could feel the heart of worlds reach out to them, their light beginning to shine brighter.

Nerissa, turned around to see the bright rainbow shine out, "No, I vaporized you. You should be-" Nerissa was interrupted by a blinding flash of light

.Twilight pointed Equinox, which had become a beam of light in place of a blade, and beckoned Nerissa towards them. Nerissa growled and flew at them, snapping her fingers in order to change their bodies. Yet, she opened her eyes wide in horror when it seemed to do nothing to them. Raising her claw, she slashed at Twilight, but Rainbow Dash flew behind her and delivered a hundred blows into the back. Applejack found her hooves enhanced by Cornelia’s earth and punched at Nerissa.

Roaring, Nerissa threw fireball after a fireball at Twilight. Fluttershy used her shield to deflect the fireballs, leaving Nerissa open for Twilight.Twilight slashed at Nerissa, before kicking her in the side and then charged her horn for a hundred lightning bolts.Nerissa tried holding back the lighting with one paw, trying to focus it, but Twilight's lightning was joined in by Will's. From behind, out of her mane, Pinkie Pie appeared and hit Nerissa with a hammer, sending her flying into a wall. Getting up, Nerissa was slashed twice by Rarity, getting splashed and struck by a torrent of water sending the former guardian through the wall and through the walls.

Struggling Nerissa got up and looked on in horror as each of the alicorns began to glow a bright rainbow of light, "No..."

Twilight's eyes glowed a blinding white as the rainbow began to form a helix.

Author's Note:

Not much else to say other than gt ready for the epilouge