• Published 31st Mar 2014
  • 2,692 Views, 69 Comments

The Heart of Worlds - Alchemystudent



Twilight Sparkle finds a mysterious Pegasus who is capable of controlling unicorn magic. Who is she and what is the heart of Worlds

  • ...
13
 69
 2,692

O is for Overpowered

Slowly the doors to the chamber opened and Will walked out, a despondent Sunshine following close behind. Once they were out, Sunshine fell to her knees and began to cry, "I failed, I couldn't save her. Everything I did was all for nothing..." she then watched as Will began to walk ahead. "Where are you going?"

Narrowing her eyes, Will stated calmly, "To save my friends, and then kick Mozenwrath's tail."

"Didn't you hear what I just said? I failed her, we all failed in saving her! Now Mozenwrath has her body and soul and Twilight has gone out of control! We have failed," Sunshine yelled to Will, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Oh will you get over yourself!?" Will shouted, walking up to her and putting a hoof to Sunshine's haunches. "Do you know what it really means to fail and lose anything? Do you know what happened to me? I have been thrown into a world I am not even sure is my own, have my mind ripped to shreds, Don't even know if the friends that I love the most are real or just figments of my own imagination, been told that I am just a delivery girl for this thing," to empathise she held up the heart of Kandrakar, " face monsters, heartless, nobodies, and my own fears. So don't you think that you have failed anything! Now if you excuse me, I have something to do."


"Didn't you say you have no idea if your memories are real? Why are you putting so much effort into saving us?" asked Sunshine.

"Because there are 12 girls out there who need me," Will said softly

"Twelve?" Sunshine asked.

"Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Trixie Sunset Shimmer, and" Will sighed, seeing four mares in her mind as they held their hooves out to her. "Irma, Taranee, Cornelia, and Hay Lin."


“You don't even know if they are real," Sunshine growled.


"The warmth, the love, and the happiest I feel when I think about them is real. So what if they’re figments of my imagination and this is just me trying to cope, I still feel something when I think about the and that is what I am fighting for! Now, follow or get out of my " Will said walking away. Sunshine nodded and began to follow Will. Suddenly a purple object flew by them, "Carpet!"

"He must have waited for us," Sunshine said.

Will looked at Carpet, "Do you know where Trixie is?"

At this Carpet nodded and laid down for Sunshine to get on.

Once on Carpet, the two ponies sped through the air, where they could hear a voice yelling, "Stupid, bucking son of a cow! Trixie cannot believe that she was sent all the way here, that no good-"

"Trixie," shoute Will as she saw Trixie walk back and forth through the sand.

"Will, Sunshine, Over here!," Trixie shouted, her hooves waving.

Sunshine cracked her head to the side, "Why are you so upset, miss Trixie? You are near a mile marker.”

Trixie went up to Sunshine's face, "That is just it!! Trixie didn't get sent to some hell hole, she didn't get sent to some monster battle. She just got sent out of the way! Like like-"

"You are weaker than him?" asked Sunshine. "I mean\n you are-"

"Finish that sentence and Trixie will bury you," Trixie growled.

Will let out a chuckle, "It’s no offense Trixie, but he has probably met magic users like you before and probably sees you as weak. Don't worry," she smirked, "We're about to prove how wrong he is!"

Trixie smirked at this as she got up on the carpet, "Why are you so confident in my skills?"

"And now, I will kill Teller slowly. But don't worry, he is used to this," the big magician said, putting his partner under a chain saw.


"Whooo!" cheered Will, looking back at her boyfriend. "What's up?"

"I am just wondering how you can stils be excited at illusions. I mean, you cast lightning from your fingertips," Matt asked.

Will smiled softly, "Well, yeah I can do that. But my magic? that's easy. To trick people like they can.. .is something else. That's real magic.


"Well, they must be magicians," Irma said. "I tried to use my suggestion powers on Teller to convince him to talk, and he resisted."


"I have a love for magicians," Will smiled. "Trixie, think you have a spell that can find the others?"

Trixie nodded and began to concentrate, igniting her horn with a light violet aura. Will jumped back when she saw a string wrapped around her hoof, matching her coat color. Then she was 7 more strings connected to Trixie's horn, "What on earth?"


"It's a spell that Twilight taught Trixie. It allows her to spend a little magic to locate the others in case of emergency," Trixie said, looking at the white string, "Rarity is that way!"


Quickly, the carpet flew through the air, soaring at speeds that some would think impossible for something that lacked wings. After several moments, the trio came to a large cave, "Hello, is anypony there?" Rarity's voice echoed from deep within the cavern.

"Rarity?" Trixie yelled.

"Hang on, we're coming!" shouted Will as she flew in, only to be blocked by her own face. Taking a step back, Will exclaimed, "What on earth?"

"It's a cavern of... mirrors," said Sunshine as she placed her her hoof on one. Then she looked to another and gasped when she saw herself looking very skinny.

Trixie walked by a few, admiring her visage and her looks. There was one that showed her in a full alicorn regalia, and another that showed her with matted fur. Trixie smiled at the one that showed her with a coat similar to Luna's. Sunshine began to pace around the foyer of the maze, a smile of hope coming to her face.

Will on the other hoof, continued to fly through the mirrors. After a few minutes of flying, she landed on the ground and took a deep breath. Turning her head to look at a mirrored path, she shouted, "Rarity, how good at catching spells are you?"

"Not very, but," she looked at Vorpal, and levitated some gems, "I should be able to block it. Why?" she then shrieked when she saw a lighting bolt coming at her.

"Which direction did it come from?" Will shouted.

"To the left," Rarity said, panting, only to smile a little bit later. After dodging three lightning bolt, she found herself running right into Will, "Will! That was brilliant! But, how on earth did you figure out the angles to hit?"

Will chuckled, "Well, truth be told. I just guessed. But I knew my lighting spell would reflect off of glass. So I used that to find you."

"Brilliant!" Rarity exclaimed as Sunshine an Trixie came running in. "I have to thank you for finding me. As much as I do like looking gorgeous, even this was too much for me."

"Good, now may we can go and find a mirror," Sunshine said, stepping forward.

"Take your pick," Trixie snarked.


"No, I mean a particular kind of mirror. See, I just remembered about how to find Street Rats legacy, or at least what I heard. Apparently the key is to use the mirror that shows the truth behind appearances," Sunshine sadi.

Trixie growled, "Now what on earth does that mean?"

"Maybe a mirror that shows your innerself?" asked Will as she walked by a mirror that showed her as a human, wearing a green shirt and fairy wings. Shaking her head at the sight, Will continue to walk away, looking at each mirror.

Rarity walked towards the mirror that Will had looked at, and placed a hoof on the image that stared back at her. The image that stared back at her was her as a pure white alicorn, with long flowing purple mane. Taking a step back, Rarity smiled and began to pull on it, removing the mirror. With a curt smile, Rarity walked to the others," Found it."

Trixie looked at the mirror, and was shocked to see it wa the one that showed her as an alicorn, "H-How are you so sure?"

"Wimple, it's the truth behind appearances. Me and the others have our destinies tied to the tree, do we not?" Rarity smiled.

"So, that means you would show up as alicorn," Sunshine said, watching as Will flew out.

Fluttershy is up ahead!" Trixie said, looking at the string connecting to Fluttershy. As they flew closer, the world around them became darker and darker, until they could only see the light of the string that connected them.

They could hear trembling and shivering from up ahead. Narrowing her eyes, Rarity used her magic to illuminate the dark area, to reveal a curled up Fluttershy. A soft smile came to her as she looked up at her friend, "Oh, thank goodness. I was so worried that I would never find my way out." she said with a smile as she flew to the carpet.

As the ponies flew through the air, Trixie looked at Fluttershy "Fluttershy, there is something in your feathers."

"What?" the timid pegasus asked as she landed on the carpet. Upon stretching out her wing, a small shiny object fell out.

Rarity scooted over to her friend and saw a small crystal laying on the back of carpet, "My word, what is this?"

"It looks like a crystal," Trixie said, looking at the gem in Rarity's magic.

"More like a piece of one," Rarity said, spinning the gem around in a circle. "Look at it, the way it’s cut, the way it’s shaped. It is obvious that this was separated from another larger piece.

Fluttershy looked at it, "But, who would cut a gem like this."

"I, don't know," Rarity said shaking her mane.

"Hey, anypony out there?" Applejack's voice echoed.

Rarity looked over the side of carpet at a giant hole in the ground, "Applejack, what are you doing down there?"

"Trying to, uggh." she grunted, feeling the slime covering her orange hoove. "Get the buck out of this stupid hole!!"

"Maybe I can fly down there," Will said.

Applejack shook her head, "Bad idea. Whatever this slime is, it’s oozing from the walls. It's like this thing was made for earth ponies to get trapped in!"

"I'm not strong enough to lift her out,"Trixie said, looking down at the hole.
Rarity, looked at her bags and sighed.

After a few moments, Applejack saw a long rope sliding down to her, " What, Oh Rares..." she moaned as she touched the silken rope that was near her. "You didn't have to tear your silk dress."

Rarity could only ask, "My dear, have you met me?"

"Yeah," Applejack said, straightening her hat. "And Am grateful everyday to know ya. Now pull me wup!"

With a heave the mare began to pull Applejack up, stopping only for a moment when Applejack wouldn’t budge. After a few struggling moments, the mares got Applejack out of the whole. Will looked at Applejack, "Why did you pause.?"

"Because, " Applejack said, pulling out a crystal from her heat, "Ah found this.”


"What, another crystal" Trixie asked.

Rarity immediately went to it, "Excuse me." levitating the gem she had earlier with the one from Fluttershy, she began to match the sides up evenly, "Oh my... it fits!"

Sunshine looked at the mirror that showed the truth and held it up, "Wait... those pieces" looking at the mirror, she saw that the two gems would combine with a third to make a whole, "Oh my...


"This is," Trixie began.

"Street Rat's legacy! We found it!" Sunshine said.

"Not yet,we need that last piece," Rarity commented.

"And I bet it's with either Dash or Pinkie!" Will said.

As the carpet continued its flight, Trixie noticed that Rainbow Dash's thread beginning to dim, "No, no, this is bad. Carpet, fly to Rainbow now!"

"What's going on?" Fluttershy asked, her face tingd with worry.

"It's Dash's thread, its glowing dimmer, and that means-"

"She's in trouble, faster Carpet!" Applejack yelled to their companion as the rug flw , but stopped. In front of them were giant howling winds. Deep within the winds , they could hear Rainbow Dash's faint howls of pain.

"Rainbow!" Shouted Applejack, "Hang on Sugarcube! We're a comin’!"

"But how?" asked Sunshine. "None of us are capable of navigating through those winds."

Will stared ahead, and then back to Rarity and Applejack,” I'll go."

"What?" Rarity exclaimed.

"Uh, darling. not to insult your flying abilities or anything, but Rainbow Dash has problems flying through this, how are you going to do it?" Applejack asked.

Will looked at the two mares, "Simple, you two are going to do it."

"What?" Rarity asked.

"Rarity, you are good at precision, Applejack is strong," Will said, picking up a lasso. "Tie this around me and Rarity, guide me."

"Not to spoil the plan, but Will... think about it. If they aren't careful, if you're not careful, you could be bashed against those winds and into who knows what kind of rocks," Trixie said, to which Will nodded.

"Yes, but I wouldn't do anything less, " Will smiled.

Nodding, the two ponies set about their task. Applejack tied the lasso tightly around Will stomach, while Rarity bathed Will in the glow of her horn. With a quick nod, Will began to take into thee howling winds, groaning in pain as she felt rocks and other debri began to hit her sides and cut deeply into her body. After several minutes, she spotted Rainbow laying in the middle of a large collection of debris. Worried look in her eyes, Will flew down to Rainbow dash and picked her up onto her back and flew back to the group.

Once back, Will laid Rainbow's battered and bloodied body onto the carpet. Applejack looked down, "No, please don't tell me she's-"

With a cough, Rainbow moaned, "I'm not, just hurting badly. He teleported me into a wall and that caused me to crash."

Applejack smiled and Fluttershy gave Rainbow dash a tearful high, "I am just glad you're ok. If just a little hurt."

"Only one left, wonder where he sent Pinkie Pie?"asked Trixie.

The carpet soon made its way to a small grassy knoll, where the plants and trees grew high. Once they landed, Will began to take flight, looking for Pinkie Pie. Fluttering softly, the young mare kept her eyes peeled for the pink pony. As she flew further in, she could her Applejack and Rarity talking, "What do ya mean that you can't connect them?"

"Its as I said, I cannot put them together and keep them there. It’s odd, they fit and yet... they won’t stay," Rarity said continuing to use her magic.

Will let out a sigh and turned to continue her flight, her mind focusing on both Twilight and her pink friend. Her flying stopped when she saw streamers, balloons, and confetti laying about. As she flew closer, she could smell cake and batter. Then, she began to hear an unusual sound.

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"Is, somepony snoring?" Will said, and then thought, "and is actually saying 'Z' while doing it?" She paused for a moment when she thought about it, and then her eyes shot up as it hit her, "PINKIE PIE! Girls, I found her."

Looking up at the airborne Will, the two ponies ran after her into a central grove. In the middle of it all, was Pinkie asleep on a bed of pink flowers. Applejack took the first step forward, but was stopped by a large green hand, "Hold, the mare is asleep."

"Our apologies good sir, but we need to-OH HEAVENS!" Rarity said, backing up in shock and awe at the towering creature before her.

The creature bowed, the roots and vines that encompassed his body making a hand for him to take her hoof, "My apologies, Miss Rarity. I do not mean to scare." he said, his yellow eyes cloaked behind bushy eyebrows. His beard touched the ground as he lowered his head.

"IT is quite all right, sir-" Rarity paused as the tree creature kissed her hoof.

"Arbutus, milady," the plant pant said, offering Rarity a bouquet. " My apologies if it seems that your friend is in trouble. Quite the opposite, I merely gave the excited one a chance to sleep."

"Why?" Applejack asked.

Arbutus smiled, "Because she was so tired after giving me a chance to smile. See, today was the day I died."

"What?!" came the collective gasp from the three mares.


"Let me explain," he said, walking to a small table. "Ages past, I was filled with hatred and loathing for ponykind. I blamed them for allowing the monsters to come to this world and only stopping them when they did something wrong. I wanted them to go and hunt those monsters, I wanted blood. But, Majesty would not listen, and so, I hid myself away for years... until..."

"Until when?" Rarity asked.

"The Sultan of Saddle Arabia took a rose from me. In return, I took his rose," Arbutus sighed, lowering his head.

"His daughter?" Applejack asked.

With a slow nod, Arbutus continued, "But, the princess taught me that I could've helped, that I shouldn't close my heart to others. However, Steet Rat killed me before I could prove myself."

"Oh, my," Rarity gasped.

Applejack shook her head, "But how-"

"An earth pony should know, we plants are very hard to kill. We get cut down, we get burned, but we regenerate. However, It still pains me to remember this day, and I will cry when it comes to it," Arbutus said.

Pinkie Pie then appeared on his shoulder, "Well, I can never leave a guy with a frown on his face. So, I decided to do what I do best, throw him a party!!!!"

"Pinkie!" the three mares said, walking over to their friend as she landed on the ground and hugged her tightly.

"Hmmm, that should've made you fall asleep longer," Arbutus said.

"Yeah, but my heart started to flutter and my coat buzzed, and that means my friends are near. I couldn't sleep knowing that," Pinkie giggled, and that was when she saw the three gems in Rarity's grasp. "Hey, those look familiar!"

"They do?" Rarity asked.

In answer, Pinkie nodded and led the the three to a small stand, "See? They fit those whole things."

Rarity looked back at the gems and then back at the stand. Taking a moment to look closer, she let out a gasp, "Of course. Earth, Water, Wind! The three gates that we found," Rarity said, walking to the stand and putting each into a slot. The stand glowed a bright light, showing a picture of Fizzy, Truly, and Gusty taking a piece of a gem from a pair of hooves and then putting them together. After the light vanished, the stand revealed a long cylindrical gem.

Will took a step forward and took the gem into her hooves, "So, this is Street Rat's legacy?"

"A soul gem?" Rarity questioned.


"A what?" Applejack asked.


"Trixie and Twilight can explain it better than I can. But, it's a gem that some craftsponies will use to put into armor or weapons to bind certain souls into the object forever," Rarity said. She looked up to Arbutus, "We are dreadfully sorry, but we must take this."

"Go, your friend needs you," Arbutus said, looking back towards Agrabah. "I fear she may be slipping into a nightmare that none will escape."

This caused the girl's' eyes to widen in horror and them to run out of the forest towards Carpet. Dash looked up, her bandages still wrapped thanks to Fluttershy, "Whoa, what's going on."

"Long story short, Twilight might be going nightmare on us all and we need to save her!" Applejack said, leaping to carpet.

Trixie looked down at Carpet, "Go you little rug!" she shouted, looking back at the quartet, she asked, "Is that a soul gem?"

"A what?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"A soul gem, it's meant to bind a soul to an item. It also serves as an easy way to make a soul jar, something in zebra lore," Trixie said, looking it over.

"So that's the plan!" Will said, "Street Rat is planning on trapping Mozenwrath in an object forever. He can't escape a soul gem right?"

"Yes, but how are we going to get it to work?" asked Sunshine.

"Figure that out later!" Applejack said, putting her hat down over her eyes. "We have a couple of friends to save!!!"


Mozenwrath burst open the door to the throne room,"Hello Sultan, would you mind hurrying up with giving me your kingdom? A very angry alicorn is on my tail and I'm afraid the pegasi mumluks I sent to slow her down, aren't going to slow her down."

"M-Mozenwrath!" tremble the sultan, recognizing the hat and glove. Her mother told her stories, ones meant to make her a great sultan, and they always scared her, "Y-you can't be real."

Mozenwrath chuckled,"Oh, my dear, All myths have a hint of truth to them. Excuse me," She put up a barrier as a purple energy shield broke through a window and then charged to Mozenwrath. Mozenwrath chuckled, only for her barrier to break and get a purple hoof in his face, sending him flying through the wall.

Twilight's mane flowed as she turned to the Sultan,"Evacuate, now." She said, her horn crackling.

In the city, a mumluk in a purple vest headed towards an old hut...

Mozenwrath levitated up into the air with her horseshoes,"This, is actually pretty funny." She smirked, firing a beam at Twilight, causing the alicorn to back up a bit,"All this time I had to fight a normal, lowly street rat, but now? Now I can battle a mage on my level!" She fired several magic bolts at the princess.

Twilight appeared behind her, and kicked her down,"No, you're wrong." She growled, sending a wave of energy down on her,"I'm leagues above you!"


Twilight landed as Mozenwrath got up,"Do you know something?" Twilight's horn glowed as she fired a beam of magic, that the necromancer blocked with a shield,"For years I've been afraid, been worried that everypony I meet will fall apart if I don't use my magic right." She pulled apart wooden planks and sent them at blinding speeds towards Mozenwrath who put up a shield around herself,"I have powers that are beyond most ponies, I can learn all spells, and I'm very good at casting. Few ponies rarely see my power, for good reason. You aren't afraid, however. You took the sun, created hundreds of mumluks, and terrified even gods. You can take my magic now, you can fight me. Now, I can cut loose on you!" She fired a large bolt of magic at him.

Mozenwrath smiled at this. She fired a bolt as well, hitting it at the same time.

Twilight leaped at Mozenwrath and punched him through another building. Mozenwrath got up and summoned up thunder clouds to strike at the alicorn. She charged his horn, firing several shots at her.

Mozenwrath smiled,"That's right..." He muttered,"Get fed up with me." She teleported in front of Twilight and hit her in the face. Twilight growled, using Equinox to slash at her, which she blocked with an energy scimitar. They struck at each other with the swords, matching blow for blow until Twilight fired a lightning bolt at him.

Mozenwrath got up, panting as he recovered from the lightning strike. Sh fired several sun rays, hitting Twilight straight on. Twilight walked forward, her coat growing a little dark as she sent rays of purple energy at him.

Twilight lifted Mozenwrath up in her magic, and proceeded to slam her to the ground repeatedly,"I. Am. Sick and tired. Of people. Like. You!" She pulled her close,"You monsters keep taking my friends away, keep hurting innocent people, and I keep finding myself unable to stop you. Well, that ends here, I'm going to tear your soul apart!" She raised her hooves and proceeded to punch him.


'That's right, beat the tar out of me...' Mozenwrath chuckled.

As Twilight pinched again and again, she founder herself being pulled back by a pair of orange hooves. A blue and yellow set of hooves held her right fore leg while a pair of white hooves held her other, and a pink set held her tight. "TWILIGHT STOP! You're gonna kill her!" Applejack said, holding as tight as she can.

Behind them in the distance, Sunshine st on the carpet, looking over her notes, "Ok, now how to make this work."

"Let me go, I'm going to tear him apart!" Twilight screamed, tears falling from her eyes,"I don't want him to take anypony else away from me!"

Mozenwrath coughed as she got up, her horn glowing.


"Yeah, and what are you going to do about Sunset? Your friend?" Applejack asked, stepping front of Twilight. "That maybe Mozenwrath's soul, but what about her body, her soul. You gonna kill her too?"

"Well, what do you got?" Trixie asked.

"There are two ways to activate a soul gem. You either put the gem to an item and let it bond, or you use a little of your own blood to activate it and bind the soul to you," she then looked up. "There is just one problem. It requires the death of the opponent.”

"But we can't kill Sunset's body, how can we be so sure she can use it, that is if the soul gem actually picks Mozenwrath. We might catch both by mistake," Trixie said.

Twilight shook her head,"But... I..." She shuddered, her coat going back to it's normal color,"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, you should be." Mozenwrath chuckled as he charged his horn, only for him to be tackled by a mumluk wearing a fez and a purple vest,"What the- What are..." His eyes widened as he looked into the mumluk's face,"You...


Each mare said nothing, choosing instead to hug her tightly. There were some tears in their eye as they held their friend close. The sounds of struggle from behind alerted them to the fight, "What on earth?" Rarity asked.

"Is that-" Rainbow Dash began.

"Street Rat?" Pinkie asked, watching the mumluk nodding.

Trixie growled, "Ok, plan now!"


Sunshine looked to the gem, to the mamluk, and then to the six. She sighed as she put the gem to her heart, "After I am done with this, place the gem onto Sunset. Then you will have to convince my daughter to fight back. If not, the gem might take her too."

"What are you plan... no!" Will said, running to Sunshine's side, but was too late. She gasped as she watched Sunshine stab the soul gem into her chest.

Sunshine gasped as she looked at the gem in her chest, "T-that hurt, less than I thought." she finished as she fell to the ground.

"Sunshine!" Trixie shouted.

"Don't! Go save my daughter, now!" moaned Sunshine. "You will then have to put the gem onto my body."

Will shook her head, but watched in shock as Trixie grabbed the gem and ran towards Sunset. Will quickly followed as she could hear Sunshine moan, 'sorry'.

Twilight gasped when Sunshine stabbed herself,"No!" She yelled,"Darn it, she should've let me think!" She turned and followed Trixie,"So, how are we going to do this?"

"She just said, 'put this onto Sunset'," Trixie said, putting the gem onto the body of Sunset. As the first face touched her, a blinding purple light shot up, collapsing into a dome around the struggling mare. From inside, they could hear echos of Sunset’s soft breathing. Trixie looked at her horn, seeing the threat connecting Sunset's soul, "Sunset! Can you hear us?"

"Twilight, call her!" Will called out.

"Sunset!" Twilight shouted,"Can you hear us?"




Sunset laughed as she flew through the sky. Looking down, she could see her palace of gold and silver, and all the little ponies milling about. She landed on a cloud, thinking about all the fun times she and her friends had-

"Sunset!"

"Twilight? Trixie?" She said, looking around,"Leave me alone." She said with a growl.

Trixie raised an eyebrow at this, "Leave you alone?"

"Why would we do that silly? We want you to come out and back. Come on, show that meanie Mozey who's boss," Pinkie Pie said.

"I'm not coming to a world that continues to show me how wrong I was. I refuse to keep failing, I refuse to keep losing control.." Sunset growled.

Applejack stepped forward, "Look Ah know that you were shown how much of a monster you were by the elements. Twilight gave us that theory, but it was also showing you that you had a chance to change. It was giving you a chance to change for the better!"

"And you think what you are doing is better? You're giving control to a jerk like Mozenwrath!" Dash yelled.

"Mozenwrath promised to take me away from that. From the horrors of the real world..." Sunset said

"But, you can't stay cooped in the darkness forever. You need to face the horrors, and move forward from your mistakes," Fluttershy said.

"Dear, is this really what you want?" Rarity asked. "This gem will steal you away from us all if you let it."

"But I've done so much..." Sunset whimpered.

"But, you've also accomplished so much more, please... Sunset," will pleaded.

"What have I done?" Sunset asked.

Trixie stepped forward, "A lot. Allow Trixie to show you-" she then began to illuminate the girls and the world, creating illusions as she talked. " Though you were born to a lowly status, you were taken above to the ranks of power by Celestia herself. Though sometimes ignored, Trixie has no doubt you were loved." she then made images of Celestia and Sunset hug each other. "You fell, hard, turned into a manipulative monster and caused fear across the school. You even sought to sow seeds of confusion and terror in Equestria, but the elements forced you to see the wrong of your life. Then you did something amazing, something magical, something no pony could do.

"And that would be?" Sunset asked.

“You lived," Trixie smiled and then highlighted the si bearers. Above them, images of their human forms were shown. "And you made friends with them. The elements gave you a choice, and you chose to become friends with them. Then, you came back here by force. Did you chose to not help Twilight with her mass spell? No! Did you choose not to research the heart, no! But most important, you chose to become close to these seven. All of them."

Rainbow Dash watched as a spotlight shined on her, a part of the hate plague threatened to bubble up, but then it vanished for a moment as a flash of purple came to her eyes, "You know... it was kind of cool to come with us like you did."


"The gal managed to keep Mozenwrath at bay, that is certainly something," Applejack said.

Pinkie Pie smiled, "I kind of wish the other us were here. They probably have a lot of memories of her accomplishments too."


“You kept helping us, even when you didn’t need to,” Fluttershy smiled.

Rarity gave a warm smile, “You gave your heart to us and kept it open, we couldn’t ask for more.”

Sunset looked down for a minute, before looking up again and flying,"Mozenwrath, get the buck out of my body!" She screamed.

Mozenwrath's spirit was forcefully pushed out. He looked at his hooves, before feeling the pull of the soul gem. He slammed his hooves on the ground, attempting to stay, before a spirit of a princess Saddle Arabian bucked him in the face, causing him to fly towards the gem. He laughed,"Fools, I still win, even if you defeat me," He glared at Jasmine and Street Rat," You hear me, I'll never die, never give up, and I'll never surrender! I'll find a way out, I always do!" He screamed as the soul gem pulled him in.

Will grunted as she grabbed the gem. Then she looked at Sunshine and ran to her. Taking the still charging soul gem , she rammed it into Sunshine's body, "Have fun being trapped in an unmoving, unthinking, corpse!" the soul gem glowed brightly, shining with a blind light as it was absorbed into Sunshine's body.

"That was the plan!" Trixie said, "Once a soul is binded to an object, it is impossible to break free."

Mozenwrath smiled as he entered the gem,"Nothing's impossible..."

Sunset got up, and smiled at the group, before feeling her bones break, cuts appearing on her body, and her mouth bleeding. She began to scream wildly from the pain.

"Sunset!" The girls screamed as they went to to her.

Fluttershy began to look over her body, "Broken ribs, massive lacerations, jaw broken, fractures, it's like the only reason she took on so much damage was because Mozenwrath kept her fighting."

"It's ok," Applejack said, putting a hoof to Twilight's shoulder.

"You can fix this, right?" Rainbow Dash asked Fluttershy.

Fluttershy let out a whimper, "There is only so much I can do."

A white horn touched Sunset's forehead, "Sleep for now, my little Sunset."

Sunset stopped screaming as her body went limp.

Twilight just stared at Sunset, her eyes wide.

"I'll take care of her for now," Celestia said, lifting the mare onto her back. She held back a tear as she ran a hoof alongside her face. "This spell will heal her while she sleeps, but if she wakes up from it... that is up to her." She then walked to Twilight, and hugged her, "My faithful student, it will be all right."

Twilight stared into the distance, her eyes showing no trace of emotion or any of the words affecting her. Applejack walked to Twilight, "Twilight? Come now, this isn't funny. Speak to me."


"Yeah, it's not that bad," Dahs said. "Sunset wsi going to be ok, she's going to live. Twilight?” Twilight's eyes dilated to pinpricks as she continued to stare

"Please darling," Rarity said, coming up to her. "Don't run away from this. Don't do this to your friends, your family."

"Come on Twilight," Pinkie said, holding her friend's cheeks. "You were aiming at Mozey, not Sunset!"

"Too..." Twilight whispered.

"Too?" Will asked.

Twilight collapsed,"Too strong..." she shook

"Too strong? Do you mean...you?" Trixie asked.

Twilight simply shook, and breathed heavily.

Celestia looked to Luna, and nodded for her to take Sunshine's body somewhere well hidden. Then she knelt beside her student, "Twilight, you are indeed very powerful. That is why I trained you, but I know that power like yours needed to be tempered."

Twilight shook her head,"I lost control..."

"Which is another reason why," she looked at the seven around her. "I had you befriend them. They can help you."

Dash leaned in, "So you lost control one time, Twi. It ain't no, big deal, really. It happens to the best of us. You just need to pick yourself up again."

"But, I've always been in control, I've never lost it before, what if it happens again?" Twilight shuddered.

Applejack then playfully punched Twilight's shoulder, "Then I guess we'll just have to punch ya again."

"Well, I could always use superspeed to tie her down," Rainbow Dash chuckled.

"I would prefer if we just talked her down. Or maybe just find ways to help her," Fluttershy said.

Twilight smiled a little,"but I don't know if you'll be able to stop me like that next time."

" I don't know, give me a little time, and trial and error," Rainbow Dash joked. "Besides, try all you want, and you'll never be faster than me."

"Rainbow," Applejack nudged her friend.

"It's true," Rainbow Dash chuckled.

"Ooooh, Or we can pretend to lose control again too and make her see how silly she's being," Pinkie giggled.

Will then smiled, "Basically, what they're saying, is that... they will find a way. No matter how they do it, they will find a way."


Twilight looked at them and smiled,"... Thanks girls."

Celestia places a comforting hoof on Twilight's shoulder, and then hugged her close, "You'll never have to worry about losing control. Because you have them," she smiled (something I never had). The others immediately joined in, and Twilight could've sworn that she saw Sunset hugging too.

Twilight sniffled as she leaned in to the hug.

Using her magic, Celestia gave Twilight the glove and the horseshoes, "You'll be needing this for the gate. I will take Sunset home."

Trixie sighed, and looked to Luna, "Mistress, Trixie is sorry, but she failed. She found Sunshine, but..." she trailed off, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Luna gave a solemn nod,"I don't think there was anything you could've done, my student." She looked at Sunshine,"I will make sure she gets a proper burial."

Twilight took the glove,"Thank you, Princess." She gave a sigh,"I wish I could've caught it in time."

"I think she was planning on it," Trixie said, looking down as the princesses flew away. "I don't think she wanted to make it."

Applejack sighed, and then looked to Twilight, "So, shall we get to that gate."

"Valtor is still out there, and we need to save Will," Rarity said.

Twilight looked up, her eyes glaring,"Yes, we need to get to the gate, for Sunset!"


The bearers nodded and walked after Twilight. Will landed next to Trixie, "So, what are you going to do?"

"Isn't it obvious," Trixie said, flipping her mane. "I am going with them. Without Sunset, they are one down and thus weaker. They need the Great and Powerful Trixie in order to sa-"


"Hey, Trix! Ya coming or what?" Rainbow Dash shouted at the edge of the city.

"W-wait up!" Trixie said, the Carpet flying right behind her.



The eight ponies stood together at the edge of the town, keeping their eyes forward. Reaching up to adjust her hat, Applejack looked back to her friends and smiled. Feeling a light musical beat in her chest, she sang

Now here we are once again.

"Come y'all, let's get moving," Applejack said, running ahead of the group.

Smirking, Rainbow dash flew just ahead of the walking group, adding her voice to the song

A journey we face, a fight we're sure to win

"Valtor doesn't stand a chance!" she chuckled.

Listening to the beat, Pinkie added

We'll get to the gate and save the day.

"Then we'll party," Pinkie giggled as she skipped ahead.

Rarity walked over some sand dunes, making sure to not trip. She arched an eyebrow at how easily Applejack walked.

I know we'll make it through,
Somehow we always do

Twilight flew above Rarity, helping her onto Carpet. Then she looked down at each of her friends, new and old.

We've got each other and that's enough.
I don't know what I'd do without you girls

Even though this might be tough.

Fluttershy flew next to Will, and placed a hoof onto her shoulder.

Now Will, have no fear
You know we are right here

Rainbow Dash then winked to Will as she flew to Carpet's side

No dragon will get the best of us, just let ‘im try

Looking from one to another, the six joined together as one to sing

We've face much worse in the past
Facing down dangers where you look
We've always come through in the past

Applejack almost falls down a hole, only to be helped up by Rainbow Dash

Always loyal

Fluttershy dusted AJ off and smiled back at her.

Always Kind and honest

At night, the group rested. Rarity then heard Pinkie shivering, and then leaned to give her a coat.

Always Generous

Pinkie smiled at Rarity

Always Happy to be

Twilight breathed softly at the sight

Together

The next morning, the group continued their journey. Trixie turned to Will, and smiled.

We've faced god and demons before

"And they've won, every time,"

From Discord to mad unicorns

"And the occasional alicorn," Rarity added.

And through it all, I've had no fear.

"Because I was with my friends, I knew I was alright," Fluttershy added.

And when we've made our way
Then we'll save the day.

Will smiled, and added her voice to the song

We've faced worse in the past
Rummaging for answers in the journey

We've always come through in the past

Rainbow Dash smiled as she flew in a circle

Always loyal

Applejack opened her eyes wide as she ran ahead

Always Kind and honest

Rarity nodded as she looked ahead

Always Generous and faithful

Pinkie Pie giggled as they neared the canyon

Always happy

Twilight breathed softly as she lifted the glove


Always loyal
Always Kind and Honest
Always faithful and generous
Always forgiving and happy
To be together

Somewhere, as Sunset slept on Celestia's back, she whispered "Together."

A giant tiger's head rose from the sand, "What brings the bearers to the Cave of Wonders?"

"We've come to enter the Gate." Twilight said.

The tiger's head nodded solemnly, opening his mouth to reveal a portal. The bearers took a deep breath and began to walk through it.

Author's Note:

The song is,of course, always together from Princess Trixie.

Anyway, this is kind of interesting, see...this whole Mozenwrath saga was devloped and created by my little brother. I had no idea that he was going to do this, but here you are. Heck, I was going to have Sunset taken out back during the heart chapter and have ko for the rest of the journey. Now, though, we have this awesome adventure from the little mare. Kind of like my love for sunset acutally. I didn't like her as much in the first film, but after RR I couldn't imagine the movies without her and I am now a fan.

Sunshine, her fate was always to die. Heck, I was planning on havign her take the hit for Twilight when I was using the soul stone, but, things change and I think what I have now works better.