• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 3,065 Views, 30 Comments

The Red Reploid: Equestrian Tales - Sir Mortimer of Eden



A lone red reploid wakes up in a world he is not familiar with. His name is Zero.

  • ...
6
 30
 3,065

Chapter 4 -or- To Canterlot

The streets of Manehatten were a lot busier than I had imagined it to be when I walked out of the doors and into the street, but then again I really didn't get to see the view much, with me being on the roof and all.

As Cadence and I walked down the street to the extraction point, (or the carriage) I noticed the different kinds of building that we were passing seemed extremely colourful and were selling different things than what I would have found back home such as rings, clothes and (surprisingly) hair salons.

I kept close to Cadence as I looked throughout the city as the guards (who already know about me) surrounded us in a square formation, probably due to protecting the princess from anypony who would want to attack her, including me as every ten seconds one of them would give a quick glance towards me to check on Cadence.

“Hey Cadence, what is Canterlot like compared to Manehatten,” I whispered as she kept her gaze forward, trying to not look like she was looking up and talking to the ‘sky’ while walking.

“Well Zero, compared to Manehatten, Canterlot is more graceful and…flashy if you might call it. It’s the capital of Equestria and the reason for this is that it was the first castle to be built and of course, my aunty lives there as she is the ruler of Equestria,” I thought about what she just said to me as I shook my head, which responded in Cadence giving me a curious glance.

“No Cadence, Canterlot wasn't the first castle to be built and she is the co-ruler of Equestria. I thought since you were a princess now that you would have known that the first castle was built in the forest just south from here,” I replied as she gave me a look of disbelief.

“The Everfree forest? How do you know that there was a castle in that forest?”

“Because…I think I was created there…or moved there,” I replied to the princess as I started to look up at the sky as she started to stutter.

“W-w-what? You were c-created, not b-born? Inside a castle that must be over hundreds of years old?” I thought about her questions as I gave her the answers.

“Yes Cadence, I was created but I will put that subject into detail once we are on our way to Canterlot and then I will tell you everything I know of myself…I promise,” she just nodded quickly as we continued to walk to the edge of the city.

“Wait…what was that about my aunty being a co-ruler?” she asked me as I was about to answer when my head started to ache as I held my head on my hand as I continued to walk forward and then I saw someone that made me stop dead in my tracks, right in front of me was…him…but it looked as if he wasn't even here though. My face turned into shock as he walked right through me, my thoughts turning disorientated like they were all mixed with other emotions all at once.

“Zero…you are my greatest creation. I created you to destroy Megaman for he is my nemesis; our rivalry is what gives me motivation in life. Now go, destroy him…that’s and order!”

“NO!” as soon as those words came out of my mouth the entire street stopped moving and looked over towards us as I covered my mouth with my hands. Luckily the guards had us covered as they told the citizens that everything was ok as they went back to their routine.

“Zero, are you ok!?” she whispered to me frantically as I held my hand to my head, starting to walk faster as Cadence tried to catch up to me.

“Yeah I’m fine, let’s just get to the carriage…I need to sit down,” she gave me a look of sympathy as we neared the carriage. A dark blue stallion with a star cutie mark made his way to open the door to the carriage.

“Hello Mi Amore, the princess is waiting for you in Canterlot,” he replied in a cheerful tone letting her onto the carriage as I hopped up top, waiting for the carriage the take-off before I slip inside.

After the launch I found out that four pegesi could lift an entire carriage which seemed to impress me due to the weight of the carriage. I concentrated my energy as I opened my eyes to find that I was in the carriage.

‘Well teleportation works I guess,’ I thought to myself as I took off my hood.

“So what questions do you want to ask me before we reach Canterlot,” I asked her, waiting for what she would ask.

“What are you?”

“I’m a reploid, created through metal that makes us look almost human. Reploids were created to help advance human kind to evolution, but some were made for destruction,” I replied answering her question.

“So you were created? Then who created you?” My face grew dark at that question as I knew I had to tell her sometime or later.

“I was created by a man…or a stallion by the name of Albert Wily or just Dr. Wily. He wasn't the good type of pony you would expect him to be. He created me to destroy another reploid by the name of Megaman, but I guess he didn't have enough time to finish me…or at least control me completely,” I replied in a shameful tone thinking that Cadence wouldn't want me to be with her anymore, but she put her hoof on my shoulder

“It doesn’t matter if you were made by him, you chose not to hurt anypony and that’s all that matters,” I gave her a smile at that as I continued to talk about myself.

“I recently woke up inside the castle of the royal pony sisters as it was called where I found an old friend of mine, Dr. Light,” she looked intrigued about Light as I continued.

“He said that he knew who I was before I woke up and that I had a friend by the name of X which means endless potential. He was created by Dr. Light to protect the world from reploids that were evil; the doctor is a very smart man to have created him,” I replied as I smiled to myself as Cadence look amazed at my statement about Dr. Light.

“Wow, this Dr. Light sounds amazing! Am I able to meet him?” I smiled at her question.

“Of course you can, but after we've finished what I wanted to do in Canterlot, I may need to talk to Celestia and Luna about myself first,” again she looks at me curiously when I mentioned Luna.

“Who is Luna, Zero? Is she one of Celestias’ friends?” I shook my head as I looked at her.

“No Cadence, Luna is Celestia’s-,” I felt the carriage hit the ground telling us that we were now in Canterlot as I quickly put my hood back up as I transported outside, waiting for Cadence to get out.

While the guards tended to her I looked at the city in front of me and then I knew why it was called the capital, it was glorious. Cadence was right about the castle as it took up about a third of the city and the other two thirds was the town. It was definitely not like Manehatten that’s for sure because it seemed more elegant and less…busy, is that the word…yes I think it is.

“This way princess,” I heard a gruff voice say (probably one of the guards) as I took to the rooftops again until we reached the castle due to there being an increase in guards who don't know about me.


The way towards Canterlot castle was pretty boring as I passed many buildings, each one in different shapes and sizes, watching all the ponies pass by. Once Cadence and her guards entered the entrance to the castle I jumped down from the roof and dashed through the giant doors, just passing through them as they closed.

I kept a small distance behind Cadence’s ‘Group’ as they reach what I thought was the throne room. The huge double doors opened to reveal the throne room.

I was amazed at the glass windows that seemed to detail events that had happened as the sun shone through the glass, and then I noticed the throne, and the pony sitting on it while a smile (probably for see her niece) on her face.

“Cadence, it’s nice to see you again. How was your time at Manehatten,” she replied happily as I was about to intervene this reunion.

“It’s good to see you too aunty,” she replied in a subtle tone. I stepped in front of Cadence as she started to sweat a little bit wondering what I was going to do. Celestia looked through me and at her quizzically.

“What’s wrong Cadence? Is it-,” I had about enough of this as I asked Celestia a question that would give Cadence the answers she wanted.

“Why? Why didn't you tell her?” I said in a loud tone as the question echoed through the room, everyone in the room stooped what they were doing and looked towards where Cadence was or presumably, me.

“Celestia, why didn't you tell Cadence about Luna? Where is she!?” I yelled in the loudest voice I had sending a shock-wave through the room, pushing all the guards back but Cadence remained still, shocked at what I had done.

“W-wha-who are you?” Celestia asked/demanded as I grabbed my cloak and tore it off, revealing myself to everyone. They were all shocked by my appearance, Celestia the most.

“My name is Zero, son of Doctor Albert Wily, the being that begins all life and the friend of Mi Amore Cadenza!” I yelled/boasted as everyone (including Cadence) looked at me in awe, then I realised I was glowing a bright whitish pink aura. The light faded to reveal my true form as the guards raised their weapons, lifting up my hand the spears all flew out of their magical grips and out the double doors as I closed them with my own magic, Cadence standing by my side with a face that said ‘I hope you know what you are doing’.

“I do not want to fight, just talk so let’s get down to business.”