• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 3,061 Views, 30 Comments

The Red Reploid: Equestrian Tales - Sir Mortimer of Eden



A lone red reploid wakes up in a world he is not familiar with. His name is Zero.

  • ...
6
 30
 3,061

Bonus: A Dream or A Memory (Dark)

Cadence’s Pov:

*Vroom…Vroom…Vroom*

‘What is this noise…I've never heard it before,’ I open my eyes to find that I was in a weird tube but it was diagonal so I was able to stay on it without sliding down. In front of me was some type of glass that allowed me to see through and into the room that I was in while the back and sides of the tube seemed to be made of some sort of metal, somehow I felt comfortable lying down on the metal which made me question myself.

As I looked outside of the tube through the glass I found that the room outside was made of metal as well. From my view I managed to look far enough to the side to see a weird machine with a bright screen that showed outlines of…me. Was this a dream, a nightmare? I didn't know but I began to feel scared with all of this that was happening to me all at once…then the doors in front of me opened sideways and in the doorway stood a weird creature that I hadn't seen before.

It was completely covered by a shadow so I couldn't detail anything about its looks or facial features. It stood on two legs and seemed as tall as auntie Celestia, maybe even taller as it seemed to have a messy mustache and was wearing some sort of weird clothes, the tube opened as I was able to step out. As soon as I did I realised that I was able to stand on two legs as well, looking down to find a weird metal peace between my legs that seemed to look like underwear.

“Cadenza…”

‘W-w-w-what?’ I looked back up at the creature beginning to feel scared, how did this creature know my name? From what I heard from its voice it was a male and seemed to be at an old age but his tone was sinister maybe even evil, making me feel intimidated as I hadn't met somepony with this kind of aura around them, an aura of evil. Due to the sound of his voice I accidentally said what was on my mind.

“W-who are you?” I stammered out making me sound like a helpless filly however the creature seemed to just ignore me.

“My greatest creation…,” After he said those words my mind began to work over time. Just how did he know me, did he know about my past, I was a…creation? What did he mean by that? The creature chuckled to himself.

“Bass said I was a fool to create that virus, I may be old but I’m not daft! Now heis the one who spreads the virus…and you are the one who contains it,” My mind became buzzing with questions as the creature talked to himself. What virus was he talking about, who was Bass and who spreads the virus? And I was the one to contain it, how? But I knew one thing from that sentence…Bass isn't the one that spreads the virus.

“He may still be faulty but you are complete, go now for he is my nemesis, our rivalry is what gave me my motivation in life, in making him…and you.” His nemesis? Rivalry? Faulty? Just what was happening right now? “Now go Cadenza…become one with my masterpiece and destroy him, that’s an order!”

As soon as he finished that sentence, loads upon loads of visions came flooding into my mind. There was so much pain…so much suffering…I could even hear screaming as I held my head, ones of metal creatures ripping apart others mercilessly, ones where one was chopped in half by a saw and the blood…so much blood. I couldn't take it anymore, I felt like I could scream but I didn't have enough energy to as I wished for the visions and pain to go away…and they did. When I opened my eyes I found that I was outside but I wasn't able to move any part of my body like a statue.

As I looked around the open area around me with my eyes, they trailed upon a creature in front of me that looked the same as the other one but there was no shadow covering him and from the looks of it he was young and wearing light blue armour…like a child. That wasn't what scared me though…it was that the creature’s right arm was ripped off as some sort of liquid slowly dripped out. He had scars all over him as he looked up at me with fear, pain and…anger.

‘Did I do this? No…no there was no way I could have done this, I would never hurt anypony!’ but then I saw the one thing that set everything in stone…I was holding a blue sword that was about to stab the child's chest.

It moved forward, stabbing him in the chest as he screamed in pain, tears rolling down his eyes. I killed him.

“AAUUGGGHH!”

----

“AAUUGGHH!” I woke up screaming as I heard hoofsteps coming from the door as they were forced open, one mare standing in the door way.

“Cadence!” Celestia galloped towards my bed and began to hug me as I cried my eyes out, never wanting to let go of her for the rest of my life.
“There, There, it’s okay Cadence, everything is okay…,” she cooed to me as I slowly went back to sleep, no nightmare met me for the rest of the night but the words of the voice that haunted me for years.

“My greatest creation”

Author's Note:

Hey Viewers!

I just thought I could add a bonus chapter detailing about other events that happened in the story as it has been a while since i did a chapter of this story. This thought randomly came to me when I wondered how Cadence would relate to Zero and since that she doesn't have a real mum or dad. This takes place two years before she met Zero -plus the plot twist-.
And I am sorry if it was too dark for some of you.

See you Later!