• Published 27th Mar 2014
  • 3,066 Views, 30 Comments

The Red Reploid: Equestrian Tales - Sir Mortimer of Eden



A lone red reploid wakes up in a world he is not familiar with. His name is Zero.

  • ...
6
 30
 3,066

Chapter 1 -or- An Unexpected Meeting

‘Where is the bloody exit to this place,’ I mentally groaned to myself.

I had already been walking for two hours in this damn forest and still haven’t found a clearing or a road anywhere and that feeling of being watched still hadn't left me. Sometimes every twenty minutes I would see a pair of yellow eyes before they would disappear as quickly as I had seen them.

I kept a tight hold on my saber as I walked through the forest I noticed a small house in the distance. As I went and took a closer look I saw that there was an entire village here, who in their right mind would put a small town in the middle of a forest?

I didn't trust this town one bit as it could be dangerous; I scanned the town to find out if there was anything out of the ordinary. As my scan finished my entire perspective of the town changed into a completely trashed town with broken down buildings. What was this? Was it a trick of the eye or something?

As I turned to leave quietly, walking back into the dense and stupidly large forest I noticed a sign which displayed the words “Welcome to Sunny Town”.

‘There's nothing sunny about this place, at least not anymore,’ I thought sadly as I left the broken town and went back into the forest. This time I changed my direction as I thought that if I went in a different direction there would be a better chance to find a way out of the forest.

...

Turning to the right and walking back into the forest wasn't one of the best of ideas I had because now the forest looked like it was getting denser and more harder to move through as I knew that there was more than one creature watching me now, four maybe five?

*Boom*

I looked up seeing a small clearing in the top and noticed that the clouds were very dark and due to the thunder that meant that it was going to be raining soon. I had to find shelter.

I started to run through the forest to find shelter as I also heard the other creatures running as well. As I turned around to look at my hunters I noticed that they were wooden wolves, timberwolves as the books called them.

Due to my mistake of looking back at my hunters, my foot decided it wanted to meet Mr. Rock which forced me to trip over as I rolled into the bushes and hit my head on a large branch knocking me out as I waited for sleep to take me.

When I came to, it was pouring down with rain as I realized that the timberwolves must have lost my scent otherwise I would be dead by now. As I got out from the bush and scanned my vicinity I saw a large cave that had…steps leading down to it? Is there something in this cave, a dragon maybe?

As I descended down the stairs, out of the pouring rain I saw what appeared to be a crystal tree glowing with a soft blue light.

At the trunk of the tree it displayed the sun and moon symbols and the branches of the tree seemed to be missing five crystals due to the hole that was displayed there as strings of crystal were hanging down from them and in the middle was a symbol which shaped a star.

I had never seen a tree like that before, even when I searched my data banks for any information nothing came up about a crystal tree. But it had the sun and moon symbols on the tree so that meant that Celestia and Luna had been here right?

I went to take a closer look at the tree I saw that my reflection wasn't pretty to say the least as I had mud that covered my armour and small branches that were in my hair...great. Since it was still raining I decided to stay in the cave for the rest of the night.

As I awoke from my sleep I found that I was still in the cave.

"Zero? Is that you?" I heard somepony say.

At the blink of an eye I was up off the ground as I looked around the cave. Hope filled me that someone who knew my name was here, maybe my creator. The voice sounded old and frail but it also contained peace within it as well.

"Who are you?" I asked excitedly. "Where are you?"

"Behind...tree," the voice replied.

I quickly dashed behind the tree and found an old capsule which was similar to mine but not exactly similar. As I walked up to it the capsule displayed a hologram of an old man in a lab coat.

"It really is you Zero," the hologram murmured to himself.

"Who are you?" I asked impatiently but with curiosity. He gave me a look of knowing.

"Well Zero my name is Thomas Light or just Dr. Light if you want," he replied with a smile.

"How do you know my name? Did you create me?"

Dr. Light's smile dissolved into a sad look.

"No, I am not your creator but he and I were friends once...once," he replied with sadness.

"But the reason I know you is that we have met before several times in the past," he said, his smile returning

"Who is my creator Dr. Light?" I asked with dying curiosity.

"His name was Albert Wily or just Dr. Wily as you used to call him. He created you to rule the world but he passed away before you were finished as you slept for one hundred years where you became a maverick hunter and put your life on the line to protect the innocent."

I gave a smile at that but also hatred to this 'Wily' for trying to use me as a weapon to destroy.

"Zero...you've been alive for five hundred years. You were destroyed by Ragnarok but you are standing right here which means that someone must have rebuilt you. When you were rebuilt and put into cryogenic sleep you must have lost most of your memories."

I nodded in understanding.

"So that means that this capsule contains your mind then?" I asked

"Yes I can project myself through capsules that you and X would have found but this is the only capsule which seems to work now," he replied.

'...X...' that name felt so very familiar like I was struck by a beam saber.

"Who is X, Dr. Light?" I asked

"X was my last creation before I 'passed' and he was also your best friend," he replied. "But he is gone now, I felt his power leave sometime ago," he said in sadness.

I started to feel guilty about asking the doctor about X so I decided not to press the matter further.

"Thank you for the information Dr. Light but I need to go now."

He gave a smile.

"That is fine Zero, go and explore the world. I hope we meet again."

The hologram disappeared as I was left to my own thoughts.

'Well better get going then,' I said to myself as I walked back around the tree and to the stairs.

'!'

I then noticed that the tree was starting to glow very bright as I turned around I felt like I was being drawn to it as I walked closer just at arms reach.

I unwillingly raised my hand and as soon as I touched the tree I felt a powerful force wash over me, but this wasn't a force of malice no as soon as I touched it I felt as if I was one with harmony. It felt so peaceful as I felt more agile than ever. When the force faded I noticed that my appearance was spotless with no mud or branches anywhere to be seen.

As I took my hand away from the tree I saw a brown cloak to my left which seemed to cover my body entirely and a small ball of light to my right.

"Follow the light."

I quickly looked around to find who the voiced belonged to but found nothing. It was the voice of a woman whose voice was very calming and angelic, was it the tree? Could I be able to talk to it?

"Thank you," I whispered

I put on the cloak as I followed the ball of light out of the cave and into the forest.

I noticed that the sun was only just rising as I saw a small shade of pink on the horizon which made me glad that the forest was easier to see now. As I followed the ball of light I saw the edge of the forest in the distance. Due to my excitement I started to dash towards the exit hoping to take in the view of this new world.

As soon as I was out of the forest I felt the fresh air blow against my face as my cloak bellowed against the winds, it felt so refreshing as I felt more alive then I had since I had woken up. In the distance I noticed a large town and decided to take a look at the town hoping that somepony could help me. I put on my hood and started to walk towards my destination.

As I passed a small sign I took a look at it to see what the name of the town I was traveling to was called as the sign displayed the name 'Manehattan'.

Author's Note:

Hey viewers here is the second part to my Red Reploid story,

For the cloak that Zero is wearing just think of it as it looks on Zero in the beginning in Megaman Zero 2. It may be a week until i can can post the chapter but bear with me for I will pull through.

And don't worry in the next chapter I will finally be introducing the (non-important) ponies.

See you Later!