• Published 30th Mar 2014
  • 650 Views, 18 Comments

Well, Piss. - Blue Blaze {COMET}



You have got to be kidding me. Are you serious? Is this really what I deserve after being sucked into a random portal to Equestria? Heck, I don't even like the show that much! Thanks a lot, destiny!

  • ...
42
 18
 650

Chapter 2: My Name is...

Twilight was staring at me with a certain glint in her eyes, the frown on her face saying many things. All of her friends were getting up behind her, still trying to recover from whatever backlash they took from the Elements failing. They didn't notice the alien stuck in the metal cage a few feet away from them, nor notice Twilight. The purple unicorn tilted her head at me, tapping the edge of her hoof on her chin. I had an urge to grab one of the bars of my prison, but I wasn't sure if there would be some sort of inverse reaction as a consequence. I kept whipping my head up once in a while, just to check and see if the roof was still there. It felt a little claustrophobic in here, and I could feel the air get stuffy as I waited to be freed. Twilight took a small trot around the trap, examining me from every angle while making a few hums here and there. I tried to keep my eye contact with her and was suddenly overly aware of the tiara I held in my hand. I pulled it closer to myself, just in case Twilight would try to take it again.

"What are you doing?" I asked her aloud. She ignored me, and instead closed her eyes and lowered her head to the ground. Her horn began to glow faintly, and I could feel... something move in the air. It was a very peculiar sensation; it was if there was an overlying air current over the actual air in the space around us, and the overlying air was being shuffled around and browsed by some kind of outer source. It made the tips of my ears and fingers tingle, as if the circulation to them was lost completely. What was even stranger was that I could feel where exactly the hidden air was moving, whether it was manipulated to my right, behind me, or inches in front of my nose. My earlobes were telling me everything and I put my and up to where I felt it. My hand touched nothing.

That... That was really weird. Did I just feel magic?

I wanted to repeat my question. "What are you doing?"

Twilight's eyes opened and her gaze met mine. There was a certain anger in her eyes that I had not seen in the show, a flare of fire that burned a bit short from what it could. I could see it within the extending reaches of those deep, lavender eyes. It disappeared as soon as she opened mouth to speak.

"I'm checking to see why I can't cast magic on you or around you." she simply said. Her pupils continued to scrutinize me with unending focus.

I was relieved that she was kind enough to give me a straight answer, but this was going nowhere. She obviously saw me as some kind of threat, and to be honest, I don't blame her. Granted, she WAS the one who attacked me first, and she WASN'T the one to get a huge laser fired at her, but looking back stealing one of the most powerful artifacts that her country uses for defense wasn't one of my hottest ideas. I too would be pissed if I held a grenade in my hand and then suddenly an alien from another universe took it away and then proceeded to threaten me with it. Ok, I wasn't threatening her with anything, but she didn't know that, and it didn't help that for somewhat reason she couldn't use magic around me. I was still stuck in a cage with the Element of Magic and she wouldn't let me out until I gave it back to her. I didn't want to become her enemy! That would be pretty shitty.

"Ok, look," I began, opening up my arms with the tiara dangling from my palm of my right hand. I had an idea that I based off of the shows mechanics and it might just work. "I think we got off on a bad start here. I landed here in the middle of nowhere, you shot a laser at me and we had a big misunderstanding."

She perked up and removed herself from her patented Twilight Sparkle brainstorm that she's famous among the Brony community for. Her ears flicked and a more innocent expression adorned her face as her eyebrows raised. I had her attention, and had a sinking feeling that I would only get one shot to fix all of this.

"I don't want to be a bad guy, I'm not here to hurt any of you," I explained, gesturing to the other girls who appeared to be slowly getting their acts together. "Here, you can take it."

I lifted up the tiara and held it out to her. Her horn glows again and the sound of a balloon popping rang through the air. Once again, I felt an invisible grasp take the object for a split second before disappearing. Twilight jumped back with a tiny gasp. She shook her head from side to side and backed up a bit. When she put her vision back onto me she did not look amused.

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry about that." I said with a chuckle as I fit the tiara in between the bars of the cage and left it on the ground. Then, I kept my hands above my head, shrugged my shoulders and slowly backed away. One of her eyebrows raised in suspicion, but she still took the Element in her telekinesis. Twilight floated it a few feet in front of her and stared at it, twisting and turning it as if it was booby trapped. Then, without another thought, she gave a smile and put it on her head.

"I honestly don't know what's going on, and I don't know why I ended up here, or why you shot me with magic, but what I do know is that you mean no harm to me. As I mean no harm to you, well, I think we can work something out, can't we?"

Her smile grew. I managed to grin back.

"Yes, I agree." she affirmed, and her horn lit with magic for a few seconds while the cage around me turned white. Then, it dematerialized and I fell two inches down to where the metal cage floor was taking up space before.

"I'm sorry that we fired at you," Twilight said, her head tilted down. "I had no idea that you would be so friendly."

"That's ok." I lied slightly. I really didn't think it was ok to shoot a FREAKING LASER at someone as soon as they arrive at a new world, but they probably didn't know any better. I briefly wondered why she thought me to be hostile in the first place, seeing as she is very accepting to greet other races, unless the shows lore is wrong. I couldn't focus on that though because she lifted hoof off the ground with the tip pointed at me.

"My name is Twilight Sparkle."

I took a step forward and grasped it with a solid grip.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Drake McMillan."

We shook appendages, and the first human-to-pony contact in history was made.

"What the hay is going on here?"

Twilight and I both looked to my left. The other five mares who were left out of the conversation were staring at us in confusion, as if we had something on our faces.

Hoo boy, this may be hard to explain.

Author's Note:

So, I got someone asking to be a pre-reader for this story. I said yes.

Now I'm here to give you all a message saying that if you too, wish to become a pre-reader, PM me and we'll talk. If you do ask, I'll most likely say yes unless I already have, like, six other pre-readers or something. I don't want to have too many.

Also, sorry for the short chapter. I found myself typing too many details in the interaction between Drake and Twilight and didn't want to go too far into what happens after in this chapter.