• Published 15th Mar 2014
  • 7,965 Views, 446 Comments

Wesker in Equestria - DeepThought



Albert Wesker magically survives the events of 'Resident Evil 5' and finds himself in a new world. Meeting the Mane Six he'll have to decide, whether to continue his old ways or become a part of this society based on love and tolerance

  • ...
26
 446
 7,965

Outside

Outside

Wesker in Equestria

by DeepThought


Before he left his home, Wesker grabbed his black trench coat from a wooden wardrobe and secretly slipped the new, crudely-made pistol in its right pocket. The scientist hoped he wouldn't need it, since he wanted to avoid a confrontation if possible, but one couldn't be too cautious while dealing with what was basically a magical super weapon - the elements of harmony. 'Better to err on the side of caution,' Wesker thought as he joined Twilight outside, putting his shades on.

Man and mare didn’t talk on their way to Sweet Apple Acres where they were supposed to meet the alicorn’s friends. Still, it was no awkward silence, rather a relaxing one. After stressing over the situation for so long, the blonde man relished in the opportunity to refresh himself and bask in the beautiful evening. The sun was low on the horizone and even though they were near the Everfree, everything was peaceful and quiet, except the distant, harmonious chirping of birds and the gentle breeze that rustled through the trees’ canopy. It was a special, relaxing kind of music, that soothed the man’s nerves.

As they drew nearer to the farm, the wind carried the sound of laughter and conversations to their ears. The pair then crossed a grassy, little hill, when a familiar building came into view. This was where Wesker’s journey in Equestria had begun and where the picnic was being held. The man could already spot splotches in prominent forms of color down there, that were obviously ponies.

While Weskers eyes were a blessing in low light conditions, his vision was impaired by the bright sun as it shone down upon his light sensitive eyes. After some squinting, he could make out eight forms. Five with colors that matched the elements of harmony, and three smaller ponies. All were gathered under an enormous oak tree in the middle of a field of grass, resting upon a picnic rug.

When a loud and shrill shout, Wesker assumed it was Pinkie Pie, made the other ponies aware of the presence of the man and mare, who were now strolling down the path to the farm, the three smallest blobs of color stormed off in their direction. The movement, as it seemed rather suspicious to him, startled the man and reflexively he grabbed the pistol in his pocket, while clenching his other hand, looking at Twilight to find out if this was some kind of elaborated scheme. But soon, the man could identify them as the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Applebloom, Sweetiebelle and Scootaloo, and he relaxed. He didn't suspect that they would bring along the children if they had something planned.

Before Wesker could even wonder what they were up to, the three excited fillies were already running up the hill as fast as their little legs could support them. Wesker exchanged a confused glaze with Twilight, who in return just smiled enigmatically. When the Cutie Mark Crusaders finally came into reach, they did something, the former chairman of Umbrella didn’t expect. Burying their muzzles in the soft fabric they hugged and nuzzled his legs affectionately, saying something that, muffled by the soft fabric, vaguely sounded like, “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”

He didn’t know how to react. He had to admit they looked rather cute, like little puppies. Even as a man, who hadn’t hesitated to sacrifice his own species for the fulfillment of his vision, he was somewhat touched by the wide-eyed expression of the fillies. He would never admit that to himself, though.

The man didn’t have the heart to simply kick them away. Certainly, this was, because he had saved their companion, the white-coated unicorn. From his point of view Wesker could still discern a jagged scar under the white filly’s coat, the marks of the manticore attack. Grateful little foals. His face must have given away his surprise, because he could hear a soft snicker from the right. Twilight sported a bemused look.

“What?” Wesker asked, raising an eyebrow, quite uncomfortable with the situation. Only few individuals had ever dared to approach the man like this. He wasn’t used to being liked. Wesker had been many things in his rather long life, a scientist, a mercenary, a captain, but he was used to being treated as an authority, distanced and professional.

“It’s nothing.” she snorted.

“Little ones, I would appreciate if you'd stop this,” he said firmly, but lacking the usual cold tone in his voice.

Hesitantly, the three young fillies stepped back and Scootaloo spoke up, “We want to thank you, Mister Wesker, for saving our friend Sweetie Belle. You are an amazing hero! And totally not an egghead like Twil…” Scootaloo corrected herself lamely, “like other ponies. And how you beat this manticores up! You looked so cool, almost like Rainbow Dash, when she does a Supersonic Rainboom. You were like Bumm! Kawush!” Applebloom hit her on the shoulder, exchanging a stern gaze with her friend.

Sweetie Belle chirped in, “What she meant to say is that I, no we, are grateful. We would have told you earlier, but Rarity insisted that we shouldn’t disturb you while you were working in your laboratory. And you’ve been awfully busy. But we’ve prepared something small for you to show you our gratitude. Applebloom?”

The yellow-coated filly extracted something from a little saddlebag ornamented with a stylized apple. A closer observation revealed it was card made of paper. Curiously eyeing the object, Wesker took the card from the outreached hoof of the filly, looking into three pairs of expectant puppy eyes.

On the front of the card was a crude drawing of a pink heart with a blue emblem, on which the silhouette of a beige, triumphantly looking pony wearing a cape was emblazoned, the logo of the cutie mark crusaders. It looked like one of theses cards that his coworkers used to bring to work and drape around their personal workspaces when he still was a researcher at the Umbrella facilities. He opened it.

Twilight, who was craning her neck to have a good at it as well, d’awwwd.

Three tiny hoofmarks, obviously the fillies’, were printed with simple ink on the left side of this card with a big ‘Thank You’ in red, written with crayons. On the right side there was a hoofdrawn picture, that was depicting the three fillies, who were holding hooves with tall, blond-haired figure dressed in black under a smiling sun on a lush field with crudely drawn flowers. Wesker recognized himself.

The man knew he was supposed to be somewhat touched. That was what any normal adult would be in this situation. But he was no normal adult by any standard. Still, they instilled some sense of pride in him, since they obviously adored the human.

“Thank you for this gift, I appreciate the sentiment,” Wesker replied neutrally. Obviously the Crusaders didn’t catch how empty his words were, because the smiles that were plastered on their faces, widened even more - to comical dimensions - and they did what Wesker could only describe as a victory dance, clapping their hooves in excitement.

When they finally arrived down at the barn, Wesker was greeted warmly by all the adult ponies. All the suspicion and the underlying anguish, that the mares had shown in his first week in Equestria, had vanished. None appeared to be hiding anything, it appeared his concerns about the nature of this event had been proven wrong so far. Perhaps there was no trap, was it possible he could simply enjoy this relaxing evening?

It was a rather extensive picnic, a feast literally worthy of a princess. Applejack had generously provided the products of her family, apple cider and apple juice for the foals, steaming apple fritters and plain and simple apples. Pinkie had baked a tray of cupcakes and a grotesquely large cake in the dimensions of a truck wheel, decorated with rainbow pattern, while Fluttershy had prepared two large bowls of salad. Even Twilight had brought something. Shortly after they arrived, she lifted a box with an assortment of flower sandwiches from her saddlebag and added it to the collection of food.

Overall, the evening turned out to be quite pleasant. Wesker had to admit that he did not follow most of the conversations as the subjects rarely interested him nor did they cover anything important, just mindless chatter. Mostly, he was content with tuning them out and just enjoying the nature and the food. For once it seemed possible that he wouldn't have to deal with random threats, unknown evils, that ever so cheerful mailmare, or for that matter, many of the other pony idiosyncrasies that plagued his life here.



Contentment was on the faces of the surrounding ponies. Their bellies were full, the sun was shining and no troubles clouded their minds. Eventually the conversation drifted towards the planned trip to Canterlot. Most of it was spent discussing how they would spend their free time when not investigating Chrysalis and the attack on the ever so... unfortunate Prince Blueblood.

Twilight seemed eager to see her family, Rainbow Dash was excited about the upcoming Wonderbolt show, and Miss Rarity was determined to mingle with the higher class and promote her tailoring. The blonde man was making plans of his own, though they were of a far different nature. The scientist was pondering about how he could best retrieve his misplaced tool without issue. But he wasn’t left alone for too long. His thoughts were disturbed by Twilight clearing her throat, a curious expression on her face, as she inquired,

“I’ve heard you’ve visited Princess Luna in the Castle quite often in the last few weeks. I have to admit I'm curious, what do you think of her?"

Strange. That was an odd way of pulling him into the conversation. Regardless, he answered bluntly,

“Princess Luna is good company, as she is a very insightful mare. Although, I must admit she can be awkward at times. But it’s more of her doing that we met that often. Not that I hold it against her, but she seems to summon me to the palace for the silliest of reasons."

Twilight nodded understandingly.

“Will you be visiting her sometime during this trip?”

“I wouldn’t oppose meeting with the princess again.”

Wesker could swear Twilight was fighting the urge to smirk

“So, you like her?” Rarity asked a spark of mischief in her eyes.

Internally he shrugged, what evil could come out of acting friendly?

“Indeed, as I said, I value her company. She had been very helpful. We share a few sentiments and views. Also, she is very studious and intelligent. Your princess isn’t that different from Twilight in that concern. A remarkable mare.”

The six mares shared a conspirative look and Rarity leaned towards her lavender friend and whispered something in her ear, causing the alicorn to giggle. This felt … unpleasant. There was a reason why he was not fond of sharing personal information. Knowledge was power.

Fortunately, Applebloom picked just this moment to approach the man and saved him with an innocent request, again with her best puppy eye expression.

“Do you want to play some Frisbee with us?” she asked.

The man agreed as there was nothing to be gained from the current conversation with the Elements. A bit of physical exercise after a meal wouldn’t do the super human any harm. The former chairman of Umbrella was aware that throughout the town they were known as troublemakers. But he had dealt with far worse in his eventful life. What could possibly go wrong?


Well… he certainly didn’t expect this.

The man had only left them alone briefly to grab another snack from the buffet and say goodbye to Fluttershy, Twilight and Spike, who were departing early. Because the sun was already setting and her friends seemed to be rather worried about the wellbeing of the cream-colored mare, who lived near the dangerous Everfree, it was decided that Fluttershy would be accompanied by Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Applejack, effectively leaving the man alone with the fillies for the time being. Both Applejack and Rarity had asked him if he was OK with this before they left and if one of them should stay with him here to watch over the Crusaders. But being the proud man we all know and love, he refused their help. ‘Just children,’ Wesker told himself. Exactly this attitude was biting him in the ass now - like so many times before.

When he came back to the spot behind the barn where he had left them, he could swear it was only a couple of minutes, they were nowhere to be seen. But then he noticed curious sounds emerging from the red barn building. It was loud and distraught mooing. Alarmedly, Wesker circled the barn to get a better look at what was happening. Then, exactly when its double doors came into view, they were ripped open and a herd of cows streamed out of the building - in panic, three certain, colorful dots on their backs.

“Yeeha! Why didn’t we think of this before. You live on a farm after all! Cutie mark crusaders cow mares!” a voice he could identify as Scootaloo’s screamed excitedly, as they were carried past him - directly towards the town, leaving the man dumbfounded.

His legs were moving on their own. ‘Not on my watch!’ Wesker thought in exasperation, sprinting after them. But what should he do? The momentum of the cows would be too much for him to stop by brute force, also there was the chance of him, the crusaders or the farm animals getting injured in the process. The scientist didn’t want to have to explain that to their sisters. There was one thing he was sure of, though. The former captain of the S.T.A.R.S. would need to stop them before this disaster reached Ponyville, or even the ridge of the nearby hill, which was in the direct line of sight to the settlement. He had to, otherwise he would be held responsible for the resulting chaos.

Wesker hastened his steps, slowly passing the herd and getting ahead of them. It didn’t take much out of the man to do so. Now he had a plan. At full speed he extracted the pistol from his right pocket, looking over his shoulder, while the landscape blurred past him, avoiding trees and bushes.

“Secure yourselves now!” he shouted in a commanding tone at the fillies, who were eyeing him curiously, like a madman. Nevertheless, they seemed to obey. The Cutie mark Crusaders clung tightly to the horns and tail of the cow they were riding.

Wesker unlocked the safety on his weapon as he aimed at a loose pile of dirt, and fired! The crackling sound of thunder came from the weapon, which had the intended effect. The panicking herd came to a stop, resulting in a small crash. A shrill scream could be heard as Applebloom flew through the air, her eyes wide with fear. Internally sighing the man adjusted his shades.

Then, fast as he could Wesker dashed forward - an observer would see nothing but a black blur - he jumped and caught the filly under his arm, just like a football.


After he finished talking to the leader of the cows, who was quite embarrassed with herself for acting so foolishly, he lead them back to the barn, assessing what damage had been done. Fortunately the damage was just a few bruises amongst the herd. Much to his relief, it appeared there was little chance that the cows would talk about this incident with their employer and landlord Applejack. The blonde man then returned to the fillies, whom he had instructed to wait at the place of the picnic to avoid any further disturbances.

Fortunately, this time the cutie mark crusaders had listened to his orders. It was time for a talk. With a stern gaze he examined the downtrodden fillies. Then he spoke up, mimicking the lecturing tone of his own former foster parents, “What were you thinking? I’m disappointed in you, girls," He paused for dramatic effect, realizing that this was more than just children being children. They called themselves Cutie Mark Crusaders for a reason and if the rumors hold true they were rather adamant about obtaining these marks. But why? What was the logic behind this, he asked himself.

The man continued, “"I expected so much more from you three. What is so important about these marks that you would risk not only your own personal safety but that of the cows and town as well? Explain yourselves!”

Scootaloo replied matter of factly, “Well, because we will know what we are the very best at, of course. Our destiny in life! What makes us special! We are the only fillies in our class without a cutie mark!”

“I'm beginning to understand,” he responded neutrally, “But as far as I know every pony gets a mark, eventually,” the man questioned the filly’s story.

“Duh, that’s why we go crusading of course!”

Wesker facepalmed. How could he teach these ignorant welps to behave? After a short period of awkward silence he asked,

“Girls, I know that you want these marks for recognition they bring and the chance to find your place in this world. But have you ever wondered what they truly represent?”

The fillies seemed somewhat stumped. Then the blond man explained,

“You three are still full of potential, being allowed to choose your own path from endless possibilities. That is a gift, not a curse. Certainly this would change once you got your marks. In your society they mark the point from which one your life is determined. In turn damning you to the end of your days to do whatever they tell you or even worse to live knowing that you can’t aspire to what your so-called ‘purpose’ is. I can see you were indoctrinated to believe this, yet be assured that you can be so much more. These marks matter little if you don’t believe in them or see them for what they truly are. A mark, nothing more, nothing less.”

Shifting his gaze to Sweetiebelle,

“Take your sister Rarity for example. She has a diamond as a cutie mark and if I remember this little story of hers correctly she got it while digging for gems. How much does that have to do with tailoring, I ask you? Sounds more like mining to me, to be honest.”

The man paused for effect, allowing the words to sink in,

“Don’t allow these marks to make you slaves, children. Why would you want to have your destiny thrust upon you, to be branded like mindless animals? Of course it is fine, or even desirable for such young ladies as you, to broaden oneself’s horizon by discovering your boundaries. Yet this should not be at any cost, just because you feel like you’re missing something out or you’re being pressured by your peers.

I don’t have a cutie mark, either. Do I look like a failure to you?"

Wesker asked rhetorically,

“It is neither a mark that dictates my importance in life, nor an infantile belief in what makes me unique. There will be many that would judge themselves your better for pointless reasons. It could be for your mark or lack thereof, perhaps it relates to how wealthy you are, or even the importance your family holds. Would you allow yourselves to be controlled by the misconceptions and ignorance that society breeds? What makes me valuable is what I’ve done and what I’ve achieved. My actions and talents show who I am, and what I am capable of. Always strive for more, but take reasonable risks. That’s what I advise.”

An understanding shown in their eyes, at which point their once depressed look had vanished.

Cleverly, the man added, “Today’s little incident may slip my mind, when your sisters return,” he wasn’t too thrilled about telling them, anyway, ”if you promise me to heed my advice.”

Once again to his discomfort, three cheering fillies were hugging his legs.