• Published 8th Mar 2014
  • 4,554 Views, 31 Comments

Equestria's Warriors of Light and Dark - Wildcard25



After a failed mishap by the Cutie Mark Crusaders, two boys from another universe are teleported to Equestria with no way back to their world. Can they adapt to living in Ponyville while at the same time deal with a new threat in the land?

  • ...
14
 31
 4,554

The General's Unite

One morning in Ponyville, at Dustin's and Alistair's HQ, the boys and Zyphon were dancing to music done by the King of Rock and Roll, "I'm all shook up!" the three sang, as they were doing some disco moves. Alistair spun and saw the ponies and Spike watching them while suppressing laughs. Alistair halted the other two as they saw them, "How long have you all been there?" Alistair asked.

"About ten minutes." Twilight answered, while containing her giggling.

"This is what you guys do with your spare time?" Rainbow asked with a raised brow.

"Not all the time." Dustin answered.

"What kind of music is this?" Rarity asked curiously.

"It's done by the king of rock and roll himself," Zyphon began, as he announced, "All hail Elvis!"

The ponies turned to Dustin, hoping to get some answers, "He's a die hard Elvis fan. I didn't program him for that. He discovered him on his own."

"So what're you all doing here?" Alistair asked.

"Princess Celestia has summoned us to Canterlot." Twilight explained.

The boys looked to each other, "Did she say why?" Dustin asked.

"Only that it was important and it involves you guys." Twilight answered.

"Well then let's go." Dustin said as they headed out to catch the train to Canterlot.

Soon after the train ride, they entered Canterlot's castle where they rendezvoused with Princess Celestia, Luna, Cadence, Shining Armor, Discord, Terra Quake, Aqua Blue, and Ventus Hurricane, "Guys!" Muse cheered as she embraced her siblings.

"You all came just in time." Celestia welcomed them.

Domino looked over as his eyes widened seeing a majestic and lovely female phoenix perching on a stand. Romantic music played through his perspective before squawking, "She's a babe!" this surprised the group, as he flew over and perched beside the phoenix grabbing its attention, "I've never seen you around these parts before. I'm Domino," The phoenix replied with a squawk of her own, as Domino replied, "Philomena. A fitting name for such a lovely bird like yourself." Domino continued to hit on Philomena, while Fievel rolled his eyes.

"Oh brother." He sighed as Alistair chuckled.

"I see you've met Philomena. She's quite a sight isn't she?" Celestia asked Domino.

"A sight indeed for my dark eyes," Domino answered, and spoke to Philomena, "You aren't seeing any other birds are you?"

"Domino!" Dustin called.

Domino sighed at Dustin spoiling the moment, "Excuse me my dear, my master calls." He flew from Philomena's perch all the way back to Dustin's shoulder. Dustin shook his head at his familiar's attempt to flirt with a mythological bird.

"What is the situation, Princess Celestia?" Muse asked.

"I've called you all here because I have good news, particularly for you boys," Princess Celestia began, as she motioned to Dustin, Alistair, and Zyphon, "You'll be happy to know that after weeks of research I've finally found the portal spell to send you back to your own world."

"You what?!" the boys gasped.

"You mean we can go home?" Alistair asked as the princess nodded, "Yes! Dustin, we're home free!"

Dustin sighed, "Alistair, while I'm overjoyed that we finally have a way to get back, we can't go now. Have you forgotten the Serpentine problem?"

"Oh right." Alistair replied sheepishly.

Dustin spoke to the princess, "We appreciate your efforts Princess, but until this Serpentine thing is resolved we're still sticking around here."

"I understand." Celestia nodded.

"This proves you boys truly are honorable and dedicated warriors." Luna added in respect.

"But it's unfortunate at where you all stand with the Serpentine." Discord put in.

"He's right. Pythor and the Serpentine only need one Crystal Fang left to complete the Orochi Sword." Twilight explained.

"If they get the last one its all over." Spike added.

"Oh the horror!" Rarity cried a little too dramatically, before she smiled sheepishly.

"There's gotta be something we can do." Shining Armor said.

"If only we knew how." Cadence put in.

They pondered, until Dustin called out, "Brain blast!" the group looked at him, "Instead of trying to go after the last Crystal Fang, what if we try and steal the other three from them?"

"Steal the other three?" Fluttershy asked.

"Hear me out. Do you all think Pythor and the others would just carry around the other three Crystal Fangs? I highly doubt that." Dustin continued.

"I did say Pythor was too smart to do such careless things." Celestia admitted.

"So all we have to do is find the other three and destroy them somehow…" Muse added it up.

"Then the Orochi sword will never be recreated." Twilight finished.

"That plan is awesome!" Rainbow cheered.

"Yipee!" Pinkie cheered.

"Well thought out plan you guys, but there's still a problem." Terra spoke up.

"We still don't know where the Serpentine are." Shining Armor said, hating to admit it as the others dropped their heads at that dead end.

Dustin and Alistair suddenly brightened up again, "No worries. If there's one thing we've learned during our training is that when you don't know the answer to something, find someone who does." Dustin explained.

"I assume you boys have a plan?" Luna asked.

"Oh yes." Dustin smirked with Alistair.

Soon the group was flying above a forest as some of the castle guards were pulling their carriages, "Do you see any?" Spike called to Zyphon, who was flying beside him and Twilight.

Zyphon using the tracers in his eyes answered, "None so far. Wait a minute I'm picking up one right below us."

Pinkie pulled out binoculars and looked through them seeing a single Constrictai soldier, "Constrictai soldier down below."

"Ok Alistair, you ready?" Dustin asked his partner.

"Let's go in for a close up," Alistair began before shouting, "Dive!" he dove down.

"Dive!" Dustin called as he followed the dark warrior. They flew right down for the Serpentine soldier, as it saw shadows coming down on it. It looked up and screamed as it was ambushed.

The next thing the Constrictai soldier knew, he was tied to a chair in the Canterlot dungeon as a light was shined on its face, "What gives?!" he demanded.

"You have some information we need." Dustin answered, as he approached the bounded snake.

"Well you're not going to find me the type who spills the beans." The serpentine replied defiantly.

Alistair suddenly appeared at his side, "It's your call scaly. We can do this the easy way or the hard way." Alistair said with a shadow gun ready to be launched as he pointed it under the snake's jaw.

Outside the cell, the others were watching, "This'll make for an excellent show." Rainbow rubbed her hooves together.

"You're really enjoying this aren't you?" Wild sighed.

Back in the cell, as Alistair continued threatening the serpentine with a shadow gun to its jaw, Dustin was leaning against him, "We require the whereabouts of your lair."

"Nice try, but I see what you're trying to do," The serpentine started, "You think by having me reveal the location of our lair you hope to steal the three crystal fangs we've collected. Well I hate to break it to you, but it won't make a difference. Pythor's already on his way to retrieve the fourth one. Once the Orochi Sword is in our possession we'll be running this land!" he laughed superiorly.

Alistair sighed seeing his shadow gun to the jaw wasn't going to break him, "We didn't want to have to do this, but you leave us no choice. Fluttershy!" he called as the shy Pegasus stepped inside looking nervous.

"I really don't think this is right." She said feeling unsure.

"Trust me, we don't like this either, but it's the only way," Alistair began, "Now bring them in."

Fluttershy nervously stepped aside as a whole family of mongooses entered the cell looking at the Constrictai with smirks on their faces, "Mongooses!" the serpentine cried and began shaking around wanting to get out.

"If I were you I'd start spilling." Dustin warned him.

Alistair smirked as he snapped his fingers and the mongoose family started crawling their way over to the bound snake who cried, "All right, all right, I'll talk!"

Alistair hearing that snapped his fingers again, making the mongooses stop in their tracks, "We're listening and you better tell us the truth, or else…" Alistair began feeling ready to snap his fingers again as the mongoose family were on their marks awaiting the finger snap.

So the serpentine started spilling the location of their H.Q, and soon enough the boys, ponies, Spike, Zyphon, and Muse's sibs were on their way through the Everfree Forest, "I sure hope that snake was telling the truth." Applejack hoped.

"After what we threatened him with, how could he not?" Alistair asked.

Dustin was looking around, until he spotted a boulder near a bush. He went over to it and moved it aside revealing a hole in the ground, "Over here this is it!"

"Ok everypony let's go." Twilight said as they each went down the hole and slid into a cavern.

"That soldier said their lair should be right through there." Aqua said while motioning up ahead through a tunnel.

"Let's go." Ven said, as they went through the tunnel as Terra spoke.

"Keep an eye out, everypony. This is the serpentine's lair and all. No doubt they'll have the place guarded."

Dustin and Alistair nodded as they powered up their fingers with their respective energies while proceeding with caution. They made it out of the tunnel seeing the next part of the cave was decorated with snake statues and pillars, "Ugh what a ghastly décor." Rarity shuddered.

"Look there." Rainbow whispered as they saw another tunnel.

"That must be where they're keeping the Crystal Fangs." Twilight theorized.

"Let's go." Pinkie said, ready to move only to be halted by Applejack.

"Hold on there, Pinkie. We might have a problem." She motioned to the many Hypnobrai soldiers that were patrolling the area.

"How're we going to get past all those snakes without alerting the others?" Terra asked.

"Not to worry, I got a plan," Twilight began, "We might be able to charm these serpentine just like regular snakes can be charmed."

"Might, Twilight?" Spike asked if she was seriously putting so much faith in a might.

Twilight smiled nervously but spoke, "Girls follow me. You boys stay back here, until its ok to sneak by. Zyphon on my signal play a little charming type of music."

"Yes ma'am." Zyphon nodded as the girls left the hiding place.

"Hey Hypnobrai!" Twilight called to the Serpentine soldiers, who looked over.

"It's the ponies!" one of them called.

"What're they doing here?!" Another called.

"We've just come for a little fun." Muse said playing along with Twilight's plan.

"Fun?" a Hypnobrai asked.

"Of course," Twilight replied, "We happen to find you guys are the best among the serpentine tribes."

"They're buttering us up." One of the serpentine whispered to another.

"We just came here in hopes of wondering how we could get closer to you guys. You know to better understand you." Twilight began as Zyphon started playing music.

The serpentine were curious as to where the music started coming from, but were interrupted as Twilight started singing with the other ponies following her lead.

While the serpentine were at first suspicious of them, soon started falling victim to their singing and the music that went with it. Eventually they started dancing to the rhythm and even danced with the girls themselves who weren't even objecting, even Rainbow was dancing it out with a Hypnobrai soldier. Of course some of the Hypnobrai soldiers were cutting into each others dancing to dance with the pony they were occupied with, mostly with Fluttershy and Rarity.

The boys watched feeling mildly disturbed, "This is beyond the levels of weird." Wild said with a blank expression.

"I'll say." Ven agreed.

"At least we got a show here." Alistair admitted.

"If I didn't know any better I'd say the girls were enjoying this." Terra noted.

"Hey at least they're charming the Hypnobrai into submission." Dustin reminded them.

"Yeah a little too much." Spike grumbled, as he watched a Hypnobrai dance with Rarity.

The girls continued to charm and entrance the Hypnobrai soldiers, until Twilight saw the opening to the next tunnel was clear. She motioned the boys to come, and they crept past the dancing snakes and made it onto the other side. They were about to leave, until Twilight looked seeing they were one pony short, "Where's… Pinkie!" she gasped seeing Pinkie was still caught up in singing and dancing with the Hypnobrai. Twilight in annoyance used her magic to hover Pinkie over to them as they left the Hypnobrai who were still caught up in the dancing to realize they were duped.

They ran through the tunnel before coming to a halt at the exit of it. They looked ahead seeing the three crystal fangs on top of a table, "There they are." Aqua whispered.

"I don't see any snakes around here." Dustin said looking around.

"I'm not picking them up either." Zyphon said as he looked around as well.

"Rainbow, can you snatch them fast enough and get back here?" Wild asked his cousin.

"No problem," Rainbow said, as she flew over and snatched the Crystal Fangs, but before she could return to them a cage dropped on her but she flew off avoiding it, "Whoa!"

"Traps!" Ven called as arrows were launched from the walls at them.

Twilight and Aqua used their magic to project a barrier around them, deflecting the arrows, "Let's go!" Twilight called, as they tried to go out the way they entered only for it to seal.

"No!" They cried.

"Oh yes!" a slithery voice said as a Fangpyre soldier rose up from the ground, followed by several Constrictai, and Venomari soldiers.

"But how? Zyphon your scanners showed they weren't in here." Alistair reminded the robot.

"Look at them." Terra motioned to the snakes who were wearing debris from the cave to camouflage their bodies.

"They covered themselves in the caves minerals to hide their presence." Twilight gasped.

"Oh dear." Zyphon gasped.

"Get them!" a Venomari soldier called as the snakes ran to attack the group.

So the group split up and started defending themselves from the snakes using their pony abilities, or in the boy's case, their energies. Muse was surrounded by some Constrictai soldiers. She tried fighting back but they started piling on top of her, "Muse!" the group called.

"Leave us alone!" Muse screamed as a large glowing aura pushed the snakes off her, as her eyes were glowing, "What's happening to me?"

"Her eyes are glowing, but how?" Wild gasped.

"I don't know." Terra replied in equal shock, while Alistair squinted having remembered the first time something magical happened with her in the Hayseed Swamps.

Suddenly Muse's eyes started losing their glow as she looked tired, "Muse!" Wild tried to go for her, only for a Venomari to jump him and soon the other ponies were being piled on, even with the Elemental trio siblings struggling to get them off.

Suddenly the door opened as Pythor, the other generals, and the Hypnobrai entered, "Well-well, what have we here?" Pythor asked.

"It looks like they tried to steal back the other crystal fangs, Pythor." Skales hissed.

"Well nice try ponies, but your too late." Pythor held up the fourth crystal fang making them gasped.

"Number four." Dustin gasped.

"Yes, and now with all crystal fangs in our possession, we can fulfill our destiny!" Pythor snickered as he took the other three crystal fangs back and laid the four on top of the table in a circle as the group watched.

Pythor, Skales, Fangtom, Skalidor, and Acidicus surrounded the table and joined hands before chanting, "Crystal Fangs of four become the Orochi Sword once more!" suddenly the four crystal fangs started glowing and hovered above them and combined. The ponies were shocked as the Orochi Sword appeared and landed into Pythor's claw.

"Yes, yes! It's all ours!" Pythor cheered.

"The power of the Orochi sword is finally in our grasp!" Acidicus cheered.

"Victory is ours!" Fangtom called.

"Well come on let's get stronger!" Skalidor pleaded with Pythor.

"Yes Pythor, let's use its power and take Equestria as our own!" Skales added.

"Of course," Pythor said, before turning to the good guys, "Take one last good look at us, ponies. For this will be the last you see of the five Serpentine generals! Boys gather around as we truly become one!" he held the sword up high as the other generals stood surrounding Pythor.

The sword started glowing as it projected a beam that shot out from the cave and up into the sky. The princesses, Discord, and Shining Armor could see it from the distance and looked shocked. Back in the cave, the guys managed to knock the serpentine soldiers off them, "We got to stop them!" Twilight called as they rushed to stop the ceremony, but were repelled back by a force field.

The Serpentine generals started screaming, as their bodies were coming closer together and looked they were molding together and getting bigger, "What's happening to them?" Ven gasped.

"I don't know." Alistair replied in shock.

Suddenly the molding generals were getting too big and rose up from the ground putting a huge hole in the ground, uncovering their lair. Suddenly the glowed died down, and to everypony's shock there stood in place of the five serpentine generals was a hundred foot tall white snake with gold markings on its belly, in its right claw was the Orochi Sword and in it's left claw was a giant serpentine general's staff, but the most shocking part of the giant white snake was that it had not one but five heads, "Whoa nelly." Applejack trembled.

"No way." Alistair gasped.

The giant snake announced from all five heads in a mix of the fiver generals voices, "Tremble with fear before me! I am the Serpent King!"

Pinkie's eyes widened as she spoke, "Holy Giant Meanie Snakey Snake!" the others were in as much shock seeing the Serpentine generals really did unite as one.