• Published 7th Mar 2014
  • 11,605 Views, 753 Comments

Fangs - Sapphic



Octavia was a very content pony, she had many things, wealth, a small group of friends, a lovely career as a cellist for The Canterlot Royal Symphony. But she never had the one thing she wanted...something wealth could never buy... but it has secrets

  • ...
32
 753
 11,605

Mornings

I awoke that morning just like most of my mornings, on a schedule. I fluttered my eyes before wearily leaning forward to sit in an upright position in my bed. I took a few minutes just to rub the sleep from my eyes before, unfortunately, I had to get up. I carefully took the sheets and tucked them back into the beds four corners one by one, afterwards, I walked towards the bathroom to take my morning shower. As I entered the bathrooms shower I instinctively turned the water to a relatively warm temperature, I would end up progressively turning up the heat as my shower went on for about 45 minutes. I didn't have orchestral practice today so I would cherish all of the time I had this morning., this would also give me some time to have a much needed talk with my house guest. I stepped into the shower and let the warm water run over my body, relaxing every ache and pain of yesterday, and letting my imagination and mind wander.

The first thing that came up, of course, was vamponies. I imagine many others would react a lot more...drastically...than I am, sure, I was shocked that they were real, sure, I was scared of them, and sure, I had one in my house right now that I had no clue as to what it was doing. I use the term it because I do not count vamponies as real people, I mean, if the stories that were told to me and other fillies were true then they are blood thirsty monsters right?

Then again, one of them just saved me from being killed...but what if it was one of those territorial type things?

Miss Scratch was just saving me so she could eat me later. I mean she did, from what I can tell, try to eat me last night. I tried to push this to the back of my mind and look for something else to think about, I grabbed the conditioner from the shower shelf and began conditioning my mane. I couldn't think of anything else so I, in the end, decided to just finish my shower and talk with my...guest.

When I exited the shower I toweled down my mane and coat for a solid 15 minutes before turning to my hair brush to start styling my mane back to its elegant standards. I exited the shower feeling fresh and revived as I trotted towards the living room. The first thing I noticed was that my curtains were shut, probably by my guest, and the room was dimly lit by the light escaping the curtains. I turned to notice my guest still curled up like a little dog, snoring lightly. As heart aching as it was, I walked over and tapped her lightly, eliciting a small grunt that nearly shattered my heart right there. I exhaled deeply before speaking up.

"Miss Scratch..."

...

"Miss Scratch." I said, this time a little louder, getting a small grunt out of her.

...

"Miss Scratch." I said in a slightly louder-than-inside voice, resulting with her jerking her head up, causing her glasses to go askew, but not enough to reveal her eyes. now that I think of it, I haven't seen her eyes, they were probably red like Bigs's, but shades of red can be very different to ones eye.

"Huh...wha..." She rambled before looking up at me and fixing her glasses.

"Oh...uh..." She looked down sheepishly, not willing to meet my gaze.

"Do you think we can talk for awhile, Miss Scratch?" I asked her politely.

"Um...s-sure?" She said nervously, rubbing the back of her head before attempting to stand but tripped over the comforter that was wrapped around her. I gave a small laugh as she hit the ground with a thump, resulting in her looking back up to me with another sheepish smile.

After unwrapping herself she stood up and stretched herself out and craned her neck to both sides quickly, earning a crack out of both sides. She picked up the blanket with her mouth and set it over on the couch neatly before turning back to me and waiting for me to lead the way expectantly. Hm, how strange, I would have just used magic to put away the blanket, I mean, she is a unicorn. I mentally shrugged and turned to head for the kitchen. As we entered the kitchen I flicked the light on and continued walking before realizing what I did and quickly turned back to see her looking at me with surprise. Well I guess it has to be sunlight, not artificial light..., I turned around a continued walking until we reached the kitchen table. I sat down at one of the four wooden chairs set around the glass table as she did the same, still not meeting my gaze, I raised a brow at her behavior, Wouldn't expect a vampony to be so...shy....

"So Miss Scratch..." She raised her head, and from what I assume, met my gaze. "...what happened last night?" Her head instantly sunk back down, eyes to the floor.

"I-I...I don't know...really.." Well that wasn't expected, but I have come to expect the unexpected ever since I was almost sucked dry by a bouncer who also warned me and attempted to drive me away from said event.

"So what are you then?" I needed to at least get her talking to me, maybe lighten her up a bit, then she would tell me what happened, I then visibly saw her face turn cold and full of regret and took back the 'lighten her up a bit' part back.

"I...I'm not proud of what I am...I don't expect you to be either..." She stood up and walked back to the living room and began to charge her horn for what I assumed was a teleportation spell.

"Wait!" I said rather panicked, I didn't want her to leave, at least, not yet. She turned slowly to me, a tear running down her cheek as I walked over to her slowly.

She had turned away and sat down on her haunches, head held low, but I placed a hoof on her shoulder, patting her back gently. She turned to me, tears now streaming freely down her face like an unclogged river. I was never really good at these types of situations, I didn't know what to do so I sat there with a hoof on her shoulder, It wasn't working as her crying only increased in intensity and then she did something that shocked me.

She wrapped her arms around me quickly, her glasses falling off yet I didn't see her eyes since she buried her face into my abdomen and hugged me tight, my eyes went wide as she cried into me, her tears were warm compared to my slightly dampened coat. I didn't know how to handle this anymore, it was crazy, but a slowly put a set of shaky hooves around her in the lightest embrace ever imagined. This?, I looked down at the sobbing wreck now openly crying into my lower chest, This is a vampony? I thought as we sat there for a good ten minutes until she was sniffling. She let go, as did I, and looked up at me with a sad smile, her glasses now somehow on her face.

"Thanks..." her voice was shaky and quite. "...you're the only one who has ever stopped me from leaving..." I wasn't surprised at the fact but it still made me feel hurt for some reason, who would let a living legend, a legendary vampony, leave without even attempting to stop them? I would never know.

"What do you want to know?" She asked as I looked down at her, my eyes were soft as I took in the sight of the mare.

"Let's go somewhere more appropriate to talk, this floor isn't exactly comfortable." I said in lightly joking tone, her expression slowly grew into a smirk.

"I gotta agree with you...um...mind helping me out?" I realized what she meant and answered her.

"Octavia, Octavia Melody." She smiled and replied.

"Nice to meet you, Octy." I cringed slightly as she let out a laugh at my reaction, then thought.

'So she doesn't actually remember what happened last night then...interesting.'

I helped her up off the ground and we trotted back into the kitchen and sat back down at my glass table.

"So," Perhaps I shouldn't ask the same question twice considering it had a rather bad result last time, "What's your favorite color?" I mentally punched myself at the question. She gave me a strange look, slightly shocked and slightly amused, before pointing to her mane and giving it a little shake.

"Blue...it's blue...that's why I shook my hair." Good to know she wasn't judgmental like the rest of Canterlot.

"Look if you want me to answer your previous question I will..." She said.

I replied with a nod and she took another sheepish look before speaking.

"Well...I'm a Vampony." She closed her eyes tight and braced as I simply kept looking on expectantly.

...

...

...

"...And?" I spoke up, causing her to open her eyes a little.

"Wait so you're not going to call the guards?" She asked slightly shocked.

"Well, I was able to deduce you to a Vampony from last night." I said simple as she began looking slightly flustered.

"Oh come on! I can't even remember your reaction!" She exclaimed, taking me aback a little.

"Wait. You mean you watch for ponies reactions?" I asked.

She was now looking at me with a raised brow.

"Yeah...that's the best part!" She said, sounding as though the answer was obvious.

A silence began to settle on us while we began taking awkward looks at my surrounding apartment. She, however, looked like she was genuinely interested in my apartment while I was doing I to avoid eye contact until I worked up a nerve to ask another question.

"...So where do you live?" I asked her, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I uh..." She hesitated for an abnormal amount of time considering the simplicity of the question,

"Nowhere...I guess." She rubbed the back of her head meekly as my eyes grew a bit wider. Thanks to the previous experiences with my guest, my good nature got the best of me.

"Well..." I took a second to think about what I was about to offer,

"you may live here then...but I will not hesitate to kick you out if it comes to it." She looked at me with wide eyes and I understood why, believe it or not, being socially discarded is a bad feeling, and if I could help a mare stop feeling it, I would. There's that, and she saved my life so that might add some points too.

Deep in my thought I hadn't even seen her jump across the table and wrap around me in a big hug.

"Thank you so much! I promise, you won't even know I'm here!" I was blushing slightly from the mares touch.

What have I done? were my thoughts as she hopped around happily.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, sorry I was a bit late. Anyway, tell me what you think, and what could be improved in future chapters! I plan on re-writing this story later, maybe after another story...