• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 335 Views, 4 Comments

The Past Is Never Really Forgotten - TrojanHorseWhisperer



Beany was an average Pegasus living a simple life. One day, she meets a unicorn named Miles who will change her life forever. Though she finds he holds a big secret. What has she dragged herself into?

  • ...
10
 4
 335

Chapter VII: The Game Is Afoot

The duo emerges from the Everfree Forest, into a quaint little town by the name of Ponyville. They wander into the middle of town, to be met by ponies going about their daily business. Beany looks up, to see a light blue Pegasus pony with a rainbow mane and tail, clearing the skies. Bass begins to wander off towards a white mare with eon blue hair and magenta goggles.

“Meet me by the town hall in an hour!” Beany shouted to Bass.

Bass shook his hoof in affirmation.

Beany gets the attention of this Pegasus.

“Hello. I’m Beany. I’m guessing you see a lot of ponies pass through here, well, have you seen a very pale yellow unicorn pass
through here today? Blue hair? Brown clothing?” Beany asks desperately.

“Sure I have. I’m Rainbow Dash by the way. The colt you’re looking for is at the station. He’s on his way to Canterlot.”

“That’s the one. Thanks for your help!” Beany shouted as she ran towards Bass.

“No problem!” Rainbow Dash shouted back. She continued with her sky clearing without a second thought.

Beany runs up to Bass. “We have to go. NOW!”

“But I… GURKGH!!” Bass is interrupted by Beany grabbing the collar of Bass’ jacket and pulling him away. The two gallop towards
the station.

“So who was she?” Beany asked.

“Her name was Vinyl Scratch, she’s a DJ.” Bass said dreamily.

“Right. I’m guessing she still isn’t as awesome as you?”

Bass shook his head “Of course not. No pony is as awesome as me!”

At that point, Rainbow Dash lands in front of Bass and glares at him

“Is that so?” Dash said slowly.

Beany continued running, shouting back to Bass; “Meet me at the station Bass!”

Bass peeked around the side of Dash nervously and replied “Okay…”

Beany galloped onto the station platform and looked up and down. At the far end, she saw Miles buying a ticket from the kiosk.

Beany bolted for him. She tripped on a bag and rolled straight into Miles. Miles stands up and shakes his head. He looks over to the pony that crashed into him.

“What is wrong with you? Are you blind?” Miles asked angrily. When he focused on the mare, his eyes widened. “Beany? What are you doing here?”

Miles helps Beany to her feet and looks at her.

“I came here to look for you. I… I want to come with you” Beany says, smiling sweetly.

“You can’t. What I must do is too dangerous for you to come with me. I’m sorry.” Miles said.

Beany’s head dropped and a tear rolled down her cheek. Miles looks at her with soft, caring eyes.

“Please let me come with you. I won’t get in the way. I can be helpful. I’ll stay out of the way when you need me to.” Beany said, desperately trying to get Miles to reconsider. She looked at him with her big eyes.

“Well… you… I… I can’t… *sigh* fine. Let’s go.”

Beany’s face lit up. She hugged Miles with a beaming smile on her face.

“oooohh thank you thank you thank you thank you.” Beany said excitedly.

“Okay… calm down there Beany.”

“Oh. Sorry. I have a friend who might want to come with us. Is… that okay?” Beany asked reluctantly.

“Well… I guess. Who is it?” Miles asks.

“Bass Blazer. He’s from Dodge Junction.”

“I know him. And yes. He can come. Now, you’re going to need tickets.”