• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 3,499 Views, 52 Comments

Help! I'm being snuggled!! - Billblok



Twilight's gets cuddled without consent by a great many ponies/non-ponies

  • ...
8
 52
 3,499

This is a nightmare!!

Twilight stifled a great yawn as she looked at a rather lengthy textbook about the mathematical beauty of squares, and other things about squares. It was obvious that it was getting late; her owl was no longer taking naps. That was fine; she wasn't that tired. So she simply continued to read and flipped the page.

Squares in nature: While uncommon, there are a few reported cases in the everfree region about squares; usually in growth of plants or fungi. Take for example Cube moss, which was named such due to a common misconception that cubes and squares are the same. Cube moss grows on stumps in a perfect square shape, up until it reaches a change in surface incline, where it stops growing, releases its spores, and dies. Speculation says that Cube moss' grows in such a way as a natural defense, looking "way too weird" for the fauna that live there. There are also natural formations of squares in minerals, like salt and sugar, due to the molecular and magical makeup of such--

Suddenly she felt a presence. It was dark and ominous. It felt like the kind of presence that fit right in with night time eternal. The presence gave her chills, making her nervous as she continued to try reading her book. Surely, the squares would help her forget the presence of a dark entity, silently watching, observing, spying and what the hay was breathing down her neck!?!

Twilight slowly turned around. Looking back at her was a dark mare with slitted eyes, an ink black coat, and a swirling star mane. Twilight recognized the mare for what she was immediately, and her blood turned ice cold.

"Enjoying the book, Twilight Sparkle?"

This isn't to say that Twilight absolutely froze in place. Naturally, with it being only the best way to work for survival, Twilight followed the fight-or-flight system faithfully. And Twilight did the quickest thing her mind screamed at her to do when she had a big heavy book. Lighting her horn, she quietly closed the book, lifted it up, and brought it straight into the side of the nightmare's face, making her smash into a bookshelf with a painful thud. Twilight flinched at the encyclopedia falling from the rattled shelves

The dark mare slowly got up, stretching her now distressed back. "That was... Unexpected."

Twilight lifted the book back up. "And I thought you were exterminated for good."

Nightmare moon chuckled. "As long as there are bad dreams, I will always be around; so yes, I got better." In a flash, she turned into stardust, swooped over to her, and reformed right in her face. "But I'm sure you have a few questions you'd like answered."

"Why doesn't spike know you're here by now?"

"Oh, he's a little busy with something of his own; a nightmare, I suspect." Twilight swung the book again, this time missing from Nightmare Moon quickly dematerializing and back again. "Oh, so sorry, but you had your free shot already!"

"Why're you here!?" Twilight nearly shouted. "You're going to shroud the land in eternal night?!?" A glowing, dark purple aura surrounded her precious book and casually tossed it aside.

"My my, Twilight, are you always so assuming of the worst out of ponies?" She asked as she snaked her starry mane around the purple alicorn, who tried to fight it. "What would ever make you think I would want eternal night?"

"I don't know, the last three times didn't exactly help your case."

She shrugged. "Touche. But I don't intend to this time, provided you follow what I tell you." She smiled sinisterly as the starry hair wrapped around the poor alicorn, thwarting any further efforts of escape.

"I won't obey a word you--" The mane wrapped around her mouth like a gag.

Nightmare Moon laughed, but it wasn't an evil laugh. It was a warm laughter. It didn't fit her, and that made Twilight even more nervous. "Oh Twilight, I'm absolutely sure this is an order you won't possibly refuse!"

Twilight wormed her way partially out of the mane. "And if I do refuse?"

"You won't! But enough talk; you have a bed, yes?"

Twilight gulped. "Yes, why?"

"Very well then, I order you to cuddle with me."

"What?? Why?!?"

"I'm surprised you don't know, o 'princess of friendship'." The dark alicorn pulled Twilight close, rubbing noses gently in spite of her clear discomfort. "Usually, I resent ponies that have stopped me from what I wish to do, but you're a strange case. I've become rather fond of you; inexplicably so." She pulled along the unicorn up the stairs.

"No, no please don't! I don't wanna cuddle with you!"

Nightmare Moon ignored her, simply walking over to the bed. "I like you Twilight, to such a point where I may find you as a friend." Twilight squirmed in terror. "Little shame that the relationship is one-sided, but I'm taking that in stride." She squeezed Twilight tighter, and Twilight shrieked.

In a last moment of desperation, she tried to wake up the little dragon. "SPIKE, WAKE UP!! PLEASE I NEED YOU--" Her efforts were finally cut off by the dark mare's mane wrapping around her mouth.

"He can't hear you anyway, Twilight; there's no one who can." With pitiful resignation, Twilight's body fell limp. "That's better; now that you are willing to cooperate, I'm sure we're going to have a much better night's sleep." Twillight sat in quiet fear in her own bed.

I can't believe it-- She's back! How could she be back?? And now she's decided to humiliate me by hogging my own bed!! Is there any way this could possibly be worse, other than the ever present risk of eternal night?!

When a dark pair of wings folded themselves around the bookworm, and she felt the warmth of another pony seep into her, she gasped audibly. With a gentle, yet forceful action, Twilight's head was pressed lightly into the neck of the dark alicorn, caressing her cheek with her coat, and the wings acted like an extra blanket, as if the actual blanket wasn't enough. Nightmare Moon's hooves gently stroked her back in a soothing motion. Twilight couldn't move an inch, but that wasn't her current problem.

Oh my Celestia, It actually feels good! Who the hay thought it would be right to punish me this way?! She tried to squirm, but the only reward for her efforts was the dark alicorn's grip slightly tightening around her body, and a nuzzle in her head. Unable to actually reach for the bedside pen and ink, conveniently just out of reach, she sighed. The only way to get at it would be with magic, and that would be far too noticable.

"Dear princess Celestia," Twilight mumbled. "Help me, I'm being snuggled by nightmare Moon..." Making what little good she could out of a bad situation, Twilight rest her own head on the nightmare's neck with a sly smirk. If she's going to keep me stuck like this, then I'll make sure she's uncomfortable the next morning...

---

Twilight's eyes slowly fluttered open. Was that a dream? No, it seemed far too real. She sighed, trying to figure out what happened last night. Let's see... I was reading about squares, when Nightmare Moon appeared out of nowhere, declared her unending friendship to me, tied me up in her own sparkling mane, "lovingly" trapped me in bed with her, and I had to suffer an actual good night's sleep. Most unpleasantly enjoyable night ever. Looking around, it didn't appear that there was anypony nearby, save for spike, still sleeping peacefully. Well, it's a good thing Nightmare Moon's gone now, perhaps I can now sleep in with relative comfort alone. She pulled the black covers up to her neck, nuzzling into the deep purple pillow.

Wait... Why's my blanket black?? Twilight shot up, hyperventilating. Nightmare moon violated her personal space, now she had to further humiliate her by switching out her bedding?? Absolutely despicable!! Twilight frantically looked around to find any other sort of evil deed the dark mare committed to. When she found a piece of paper on the bed board, Twilight ripped it off, about to tear it apart, until she saw writing upon it.

Twilight Sparkle,

Thank you for putting up with me, even if you went though it all kicking and screaming. But when you finally calmed down, I really enjoyed the texture of your fur coat; how do you keep it like that?

At any rate, as a token of my gratitude, I wanted to give you something to remember me by. To provide a little comfort against your paranoia, I've given you some enchanted bedding, to keep you warm if in my madness; I shroud the land in eternal night a fourth time. Perhaps I'll provide everypony with a set, if I can sneak into another furniture store. I swear, I'd pay for it if anypony would hire me; but I'm rambling now. Don't worry, Your original set is under the bed, should you understandably reject my gift.

Same time Thursday? We could talk about stars, or something.

[ ] Sounds nice!

[ ] Sure, if My friends can come too.

[ ] I'd rather not...

Twilight looked under her bed. Sure enough, her old bedding was neatly folded underneath. She smiled, lifting up her favorite blanket in her magic. Then she looked between the two, and after a moment of thought, carefully removed Spike's blanket, replacing it with her star-covered one, as well as giving him her own pillow. She giggled quietly when he smiled. Well, I guess it wasn't too bad... Twilight thought as she got out a quill and ink, checking off the middle box. Then she tucked the covers up around her, picked up that book about squares, and settled in for a nice reading session until spike would wake up.

The note burst into blue stardust before it faded away into nothingness.

Author's Note:

Oh look, ANOTHER new story! Don't expect too many updates from this, this is just my downtime work. With that out of the way, which pony's next? I will either choose randomly or by popular vote. Let's do this!