• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 1,043 Views, 17 Comments

Burned Passion - worldwide339



A story about me, World Wide and a guy I LOVE but doesn't know I exist.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,043

Chapter 2-Bathrooms, Feathers, and Lemonade

I headed to the bathroom. Ten minutes hadn’t even passed before Tarot marched in the stallion’s bathroom, scaring everyone in there and causing them to run out of there, and pulled me out. She looked like she was going to try and cheer me up, when all of a sudden, a really rich, and snooty mare by the name of Mayflowers Bloom, came down the hallway with an obnoxious smirk on her face. She took one glance at Tarot and her slimy smirk got wider.

“I didn’t think that the vampire bat used the little colt’s room.” I couldn’t contain my gasp; making fun of a bat-pony was pretty brave, or stupid. The smirk on Mayflowers face proved the latter. I saw Tarot’s wings twitch and hoped that she wouldn’t jump at the jerk, although I wouldn’t stop her if she did.

Oddly enough, Tarot just started walking away. Not oddly enough, Tarot threw a snarky comment, "Sorry May darling didn’t see you there, and I couldn’t hear you over the melting of that FAKE cutie mark of yours.”

I was just as surprised a Mayflower as I turned to see the flower on her flank starting to drip. Mayflower started to stutter after us but Tarot wrapped a wing around me and walked me to our next class.

“Are you okay World Wide?” Tarot asked softly. I didn’t meet her eyes, instead, focusing on my hooves. “It’s okay, you know? Zone Blitz is nice, and he’ll understand if you just tell him that you had to go for a moment.”

"I know…it's just, running off made me feel like a coward." I said sadly.

Tarot pulled me into the classroom, thankfully, Zone Blitz wasn’t there. When I got to my group’s space, Avalon, Fire Wall, and Wing Nut were talking, and I felt upset. Avalon pulled me over to the side.

"Hey, Wide, Zone Blitz talked to me and said he wanted to know if you were alright. He had to go for yearbook pictures so we’re going to start our project tomorrow." Avalon said.

"I just needed some air." I said.

Avalon nodded, "Okay, he just was worried about you."

The end of period bell rang and Tarot made me promise three times that I was okay. Firewall, and Wing Nut and Tarot all said their goodbyes as they left to their separate classes. Tarot promised me that she’d meet up for lunch and we all agreed to meet afterschool.

As Avalon and I went to our next class I saw Zone Blitz again talking to Line Backer again. We tried to make it around them, but Line Backer had a trick he was going to play on us. When he whistled two other jocks poured maple syrup on Avalon and I, and then dropped two buckets of chicken feathers on us. That was extremely embarrassing. "Hey! Zone, look, it's the biggest chickens in the high school." said Line Backer. He then walked away with a cackle. I didn't run this time, but I felt like a bigger idiot than before, but what I saw was an upset look on Zone Blitz's face. I knew he didn't want this to happen. Avalon tried to stay tough, but I could see the tears in her eyes. I grabbed her with my wing and headed to the gym shower rooms, ignoring my name being called as I left.

I decided not to tell Tarot about the incident. She'd just be upset, and she needed to focus on her exams. The day came and went with a few snickers in the hallway, and Avalon didn’t come back from the showers.

The next day was Friday, it was the football team's big game so all them were wearing their football jerseys', I was determined to make today better than yesterday, but little did I know that today was going to be worse than the last. The trouble all started in first period gym. Tarot and I were sitting to the side, waiting our turn to take a flying test. Mayflower Blooms and her friends, Ivory Keys and Berry Crumbles, came over to me and said "Look girls, it's the world's biggest chicken. Come on chicken, lay an egg for us. I need one for an omelet."

Tarot looked upset, but slightly confused since it wasn’t the usual mocking.

“I didn’t think that you would put more weight on that flabby flank of yours Mayflower,” I said quickly, trying to tug Tarot away, but she was frozen with her mouth open from my brave comment.

"Oh, shut up. You're just gutsy because the vampire bat is protecting you," Said Ivory.

"Yeah” Said Berry, not sounding very smart.

"Come on girls, let leave these two weirdoes alone." Said Mayflower, thinking she was better than everyone else and just walked away.

"Don't listen to them. They just want drama, that's all, I like that flank comment" stated Tarot with a proud smirk.

"Right, they are just acting like the spoiled brats they are, and you taught me well." I said reassuringly.

The next period, Avalon told me that everypony was calling us the chicken couple after that incident. I mean we dated for a while, but we decided that our friendship was more important. The day went by pretty calmly. No Line Backer, no name calling, and no one said anything to me about yesterday in fourth period. At lunch, Tarot had marched up to me, furious that I hadn’t told her about the chicken incident. After some talking, she calmed down, but still was angry.

“I would have bit those guys just to see the looks on their faces” Tarot said confidently. I chuckled at the thought of sweet Tarot sinking her fangs into the stallions but another thought stopped my joy.

“But then you would be in trouble and you might wreck your chances of getting into night guard”.

Tarot flinched but held her ground, “I’d do it for you Wide.” It didn’t make me feel any better; I knew that Tarot really wanted to get in the night guard, nonetheless, I felt happy that she stuck by me.

"Look, World, it's not a big deal. I wouldn’t want to get into night guard by letting my friends get pushed around. It’s just not my way, you should have told me World Wide." She said.

"I know, you told me to tell you these things when they happen." I said. "It's just, that was the most embarrassing moment of my li..."

Then, something happened. I remember being pushed into someone. Then, my food flew towards him and his food flew towards me. I was covered in hay, and he was covered in lemonade. I fell on my butt only to find the pony I was pushed into was Zone Blitz. I blushed and got so upset, and embarrassed that I ran away with tears coming from my eyes. All I can remember after that was running into the mares' bathroom and after that mishap to the stallions' bathroom. To clean up and cry, I heard Tarot calling after me.

Author's Note:

To tell the truth I do have a crush on a guy like this.