• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 1,043 Views, 17 Comments

Burned Passion - worldwide339



A story about me, World Wide and a guy I LOVE but doesn't know I exist.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,043

Chapter 5-Roomies

When I got home it was quiet. My bed was still unmade as usual. The floor was a complete mess, and my desk was filled to its limits with notes and other things.

'Better clean up this place before I trip over something.' I said to myself. I live alone in a hostel near camps so it can get lonely at time. However the advisor said once a place was open, they'd allow me to move in there. Cleaning up the place was fast and I always got done faster each time. 'Well, time for bed.' I said to myself. I was half asleep and about to get into the covers when a knock came from the door. I open it to find one of the cleaning mares, April Lemons, standing there with an extremely big grin on her face. "Hi, April, what's going on?"

"It's Line Backer, he's been officially expelled!" she said.

"…Yay." I said tiredly. The fun was gone from that statement, I was already done with the incident.

"World Wide, they have a vacancy in room 228 on the west campus, you can now have a roommate." she said.

"Okay, remind me tomorrow, I need some sleep now." I said slurring quite a bit.

"Sure, nighty night!” she said with an even bigger grin on her face, I guess she was really happy that Line Backer was gone.

"Night" I said closing the door and plopping onto my bed.





The next morning, I just woke up and a knock at the door came. It was the dorm advisor, Tri-bolt. "World Wide, it's time to move into your new dorm room and meet your new roommate." he said. "He's at the gym, so you will meet him after you settle in."

"Wait, what?”

"A new place opened up for you, you should meet your roommate before making any decisions”

"Nah, I’m sure that I’ll love anyone I’m placed with. The only pony I wouldn’t want to have is Line Backer and he’s expelled.”

"Alright, then,” Tribolt gave me a weird smile before clearing his throat, “ get your things ready, you are going to be moving them down in the lobby where we’ll drop them off to the campus."

It took some time for me to put everything away, even with April Lemon's help. The others would've helped, but Wing Nut and Fire Wall was sleeping in, as usual on Saturdays. Tarot had an art club meeting, and Avalon…well let’s just say she was still getting over from yesterday's flour bombing with a certain stallion nurse she’s been eyeing for the past week. It took me and April an hour to pack everything up. We all had ice cream while we sat in the truck that moved my stuff to the west dorms. A group of unicorns got our boxes and took them to my new dorm.



"This is it…my new home.” I said nervously, I haven’t had a roommate before.

"I’ll miss you sweetie, remember our pie nights?" April said sadly.

"Of course.”

April nodded and left since mares weren’t allowed in the stallions dorms after a certain time. While the unicorns unpacked my things I wandered off around my new home. I found Fire Wall out in the library playing some scary computer game. After a few jump scares, I got him off of the computer and he started showing me around. After a while we decided to check out my new room. When I got into my new room it was what I expected. Gray walls, two beds, two desks, and a bookcase. On one side there were football posters up on the wall, a signed football by Stone Heart, one of the most famous quarter-backs of all times, and Manehattan Manticores jersey's on the floor. There was a Playpony magazines on the side of my roommate’s bed. Stallion version. Fire Wall and I took a peek at it and what we saw, well, we decided it was best to keep to ourselves.

“Well World Wide, meet your new roommate…Zone Blitz!”

I couldn’t turn around fast enough, my face felt like it glowing red. Fire Wall had stupidly dropped the magazine, and it seemed like it was going in slow motion, how everyone had watched it drop to the floor. Closed thankfully, but I could only squeak as Tri-bolt gave me a weird look before clearing his throat.

"See ya, World Wide, have fun, fight nicely with your roommate." Fire Wall called as he bolted out of the room.

"Bye." I squeaked again.

Tri-bolt walked up to me, trying not to look at the playpony on the floor and failing. "World Wide, here are your new keys for your room and the name of your new roommate is Zone Blitz." Another squeak.

Tri-Bolt practically ran out of the room leaving me with a red faced Zone Blitz.

“So…” he said, glancing at the magazine on the floor and wincing.

“So…” I said, tring not to bolt out of the room too. ‘I’ll love anyone I’m put with, I don’t need to check!’ Gah! Me and my stupid mouth! As Tarot would say hindsight is a total b-

"World Wide, your my roommate?" Zone Blitz interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah dude."

"…But what about your roommate?"

"Never had one. Tri-bolt said if a place was open he'd give it to me."

"Cool." He squeaked before trotting up to me. I moved back, but he was really going for the magazine, which he had shoved under the bed. I guess it never happened, that’s a relief.

"And the best part of it all is when I tutor you I don't have to lug all those heavy books a long distance." I said trying to be positive, although my heart felt like it was going to pop out of my mouth. Jeez…I had to stay at least a semester with him before switching roommates, it was the rule.

"So, I guess we're going to be spending a lot of time together?" he said. I nodded. "Then I guess we should get know each other better."

"Tomorrow!” I said a little too excitedly, I felt my blush get even worse when he smiled at my eagerness. “I’m just tired from today…” I added, although he wasn’t listening. Zone Blitz was plopping on to his own bed, giving me a heart melting smile before rolling over to sleep.

Author's Note:

Please tell me what I can do better. If I am rushing it, if it's to slow, if I didn't think it through all the way, or something else.