• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 621 Views, 20 Comments

The Academy - Silver Sea



Young mare going through "the Academy

  • ...
 20
 621

Deception 101

Authors note:I wanted to ship Harmony and Silver, then decided to have some fun with you guys. I'm sorry, but I love suspense.

"I don't care what they say about you, but you are the most beautiful mare I've ever seen."

"Oh, Silver, do you love me?" Harmony begged for an answer, but not before an image of another friend went through her head.

"Always."


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Little pony, My little pony,
I can't decide what to do.
All of these people; making fun of me.
Until I met you...
I used to wonder how it'd be..
to have friends, as perfect as these!
(da, da, da [dadada, dada da da] da, da, da [dadada, dada da da])
It's a magical thing that makes my life complete!
My little pony,
Do you know you're all my very best friends?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Silver Chalice trotted up to Silver Sea.

"Hey, SS, what's up?"

"Nothing much, Chal." This odd friendship had been struck up when both ponies responded to a call in Alchemy. They shared similar interests, as well as a favorite hoofball team.

"Hey, I was wondering if you're interested in that friend of yours, Harmony. I mean, you don't want someone to take her before she's ripe for you, right?"

"I'm taking things slow with her."

"Dude, you need to take action. It's just, well..."

"Hey, bro, if you want a shot at her, go ahead. I just want anything between us to be legit romance."

"Hey, man, thanks. I'll just test ride, okay?"

"Bring her back, now."

"Will do."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"One moire date, and then I'll get some. That bitch (I'm so very sorry for word choice) is holding out on me." Chalice stood next to silver in the courtyard after classes.

"Woah, dude, is that what this was all about?"

"You didn't expect anything real out of me, right?"

"You're going to devastate her!"

"And you're going to tell her? You're her best friend, one who comforts her, one who very clearly has the hots for her, and you're going to ruin her relationship to get some? Even she can see through that, dumb as she is."

"What are you talking bout? She's not dumb, and I certainly wouldn't ruin her relationship so that I could get with her!"

"Would she believe you, considering the fact that you just broke her and me up?"

"You are a cold, evil bastard."

"What are you going to do? Tell her?"

Silver stomped away and galloped into his dormitory.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Hey, Top Speed, I need some help."

"With what?" Top Speed looked at Silver questioningly.

Silver filled him in on the details, and Top Speed's face changed from puzzlement, to amusement, and then to hatred.

"That bastard!"

"I know, and I can't tell Harmony!"

"Okay, I have a plan."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"This is silly."

"It's the only way."

"That doesn't mean it's the best one!"

"Actually, it does. If there's only one way, then it's the best way."

"It's also the worst way."

"Shut up!"

This banter was going on as Top Speed and Silver hid in the shadows, approachind a video camera set up on the courtyard wall.

"Is finding the security footage of me and Chal talking really the only way to tell her?"

"Are you a unicorn with a memory spell?"

"Shut up."

They were directly under the camera now, and Silver flew up and removed a disk which could have only been memory.

"Got it."

"Good, now let's get back to the dorm."


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Is there something you wanted to show me?" Harmony looked out her window into the opposite living quarters.

"You and Chal. Could you get him?"

Silver Chalice joined Harmony at the window and watched Silver Sea move a television into their sight.

"Watch this." Silver said as he pressed a button on a remote pointed at the TV.

The screen flickered and danced to life as it showed two ponies talking in a courtyard. Silver pressed another button, and the video was accompanied with sound.

"-ne more date and I'll get some. That bitch is holding out on me."

"Woah, dude, is that what this was all about?"

"Chal, are you talking about... me? You said you loved me!" Harmony's eyes filled with tears as she turned to her coltfriend and questioningly looked at him. Chalice's eyes grew larger as he witnessed what was going on.

"YOU BASTARD!" Chal shouted before he walked out the door. "THIS IS NOT THE END OF THIS!"

Harmony's eyes widened as she heard the comment about Silver liking her, and then cringed as Chalice made a remark about her being dumb. Silver turned the movie off and stuttered, "I'm sorry, Harmony."

"Silver, you don't need to be sorry. You brought me out of a bad relationship, and that is something I can only repay one way."

Harmony lifted her wings and lept across the alley separating the two rooms. She touched down, and moved over to Silver who was looking at her like a crying child being presented with a toy.

Harmony looked into Silver's eyes, leaned forward, and kissed him on the lips.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Dear mom and dad,

You have heard of my relationship with Silver Chalice, right? Well, it turns out he just wanted... well, you understand. I was ignorant about this, and then Silver Sea proved that Chalice was using me. I realized that sometimes you have to pay close attention to your friends, and then the people you care about show themselves.

Sincerely,

Harmony