• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 1,364 Views, 42 Comments

The Pink Roomate - bakersong



A Freshmen in College not only got a room in the new apartment dorms at his college, but he also got a nice new pink roommate. This wouldn't be bad, if his roommate wasn't a mare, who instantly wants to be friends.

  • ...
22
 42
 1,364

The Party

I sat there on the couch still looking at the decorations in amazement, even if I already knew about her speed. The decorations themselves weren't nothing to special, it was the fact that she set up everything in thirty seconds. It just reminded me of the cake earlier, and it still gave me a headache just thinking about it.

"So, you're Pinkie's roommate, huh?" A voice asked, snapping me out of my thoughts to see an orange mare in front of me.

"Oh, um, yeah I am." I answer giving her a smile, and offering my hand. "Name's Brandon, and your's would be...?"

"Applejack, though surprised you didn't know that considering that Pinkie said you know of the Elements and all." She replied tipping her hat.

"Yeah, I may know of the Elements, but I don't know who all are apart of them. The only one I knew was Twilight to be honest." I said.

"Fair enough, I mean Twilight is probably the most recognizable out of the six of us mixed with the fact that you apparently already met her before. But tell me, were you over here trying to figure out how Pinkie does all of this?" She asked, waving her hoof from one side of the room to another.

"Um, actually yeah I was. How does she do it?" I ask, hoping that one of this strange pink mares best friends might help shed some light.

"In truth, I really couldn't tell ya. None of us really knows how she does it, so my advice to ya is to not put much thought into it or you might give yourself a migraine. Trust me, a lot of ponies have." She said, taking a sip from her drink.

"Okay, but speaking about her friends. Why did you show up thirty minutes before? I mean none of the other people Pinkie invited have arrived yet, and some of them live here on campus." I said, giving her a questioning look.

"That's because me and the other girls wanted to have somepony check and see if Pinkie drove her roommate insane yet, and I just happened to be the one with the most free time. And besides, the other's will be here in exactly five minuets anyhow." She answered, and then turned to give me a look and before she said anything I spoke up.

"If your about to give me the speech about if I hurt your best friend I'll hurt you, just save it please. In all honesty, I really don't like to see other's crying, especially any female." I reply, looking her straight in the eyes. "And I knew there was another reason why you showed up earlier."

"Yeah, I did come early for that reason. Though I guess I really didn't need to, but just the same. If I, or if anyone of us, hear that you hurt Pinkie in anyway doesn't mean we won't come and hurt ya just the same." She said, giving him a slight glare.

"Sheesh, you make it sound like me and her are dating or something though. Look, I'm not gonna lie here, for right now me and Pinkie just met each other, so I barely consider her a friend." I said, putting my drink down.

"Yeah, Pinkie told me that you had some hurt going on. I can understand you not wanting to consider somepony you just met less then a day ago to be your friend. Though it's a good thing Pinkie has come a long way since we became the Elements." She said.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, with actual curiosity.

"Well, before she probably wouldn't have given you the space ya needed until you were her friend. Trust me, if you ever run into a Donkey named Cranky ask him about it. Even if her invading his privacy did end up having a good side to it, she at least learnt that lesson." The orange mare said, chuckling a bit at the memory.

"So, she was that bad huh?" I mumbled to myself. "Yeah, I guess it is a good thing then. Speaking of her though, were is she?"

"Huh, don't really know. I was to busy talking with you, but that mare probably went to get a last minute thing like she normally does for these parties." She said, making him look at the clock.

"Yeah, last minute indeed. Wonder why no one else showed up yet, I mean from what she told me she invited a lot of people from campus?" I ask.

"Knowing that mare, she probably planned ahead knowing she would be gone for a few and wrote the party time down as like two thirty." I give the orange mare a curious look. "Don't bother asking, it's one of those Pinkie things you have to get used to." That's when a knock came at the door.

"I'll get it, that's probably Georgie." I said, getting up walking towards the front door.

"Oh, hey look at that. Someone actually woke up before three on a free day." Georgie said, her tone heavily sarcastic meaning one thing.

"So, I take it your argument didn't go well for you?" I ask, leaning on the door frame with a smirk knowing how much she hated to lose an argument.

"Yeah, that little bird bitch apparently could do what she claimed!" Georgie said.

"So, the argument was over something she could do?" I ask.

"It was, but she did it alright." She mumbled.

"And you didn't think to ask her to do it in the first place?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I did ask her to show me, but she just told me to shut up and leave her alone." It was getting obvious, at least for him, that this was getting on her nerves even now.

"Here, come in and have a drink and calm down a little." I said, not giving her much of a choice as I pull her in with my magic.

"Hey, I thought you said it started at two?" She said, looking at the only other guest. "And is that your roommate?"

"That's what I was told, it started at two I mean. No, that's one of my roommate's best friends. I think you should go over after you had something to drink and talk to her, I think you two will get along just fine." I answered, getting Georgie into the kitchen while Applejack just stared at us before moving her attention to her drink.

"Hmm, well she is kind of cute. I say she's a farmer of some kind, if I'm reading her cutie mark right. Must work in an Apple orchard." Georgie said, subconsciously taking the now filled cup of hard apple cider and drinking it.

"Yeah, she does work in an apple orchard. Though don't lie about this either, but I think you already know which one she works at. I mean your family goes there for a family reunion every year, and the last time you went you couldn't stop talking about this hot looking orange mare after you came back." I said, with a slight smirk.

"It wasn't her though." She said, and I just gave her a look before turning my head back towards the mare on the couch.

"Hey, Applejack come over here please and meet my friend Georgie!" I call, successfully getting the orange mare to come over.

"How ya doin, name's Applejack. But haven't we met before?" Applejack asked, tilting her head with slight recognition.

"Wouldn't surprise me, her family has their reunion at your farm. In fact from what I hear, you two were actually introduced to each other last time. But she was to shy to even say more then two words to you though." I avoided an elbow to the gut after saying that, and looked at Applejack as she started to remember.

"Oh yeah, now I remember. I thought you looked familiar, nice to see ya again." Applejack said, extending a hoof.

"Uh, y-yeah nice to see you again too." Georgie said, taking the hoof and giving me a glare that said both thank you and I'll kill you later.

"I think you two should get to know each other a little bit more, I'll be sitting my lazy butt on the couch." I said, walking off into the living room, and as I sit down the door opens and shut's and all of a sudden Pinkie is standing there besides the couch.

"Oh, is that your friend?" Pinkie asked as she looked into the kitchen, and seeing her talk to Applejack.

"Yeah, that's Georgie." I answer without much thought, but I reach out with my magic.

"I should go say hi!" Pinkie said, trying to take off but was held still. "Oh, come on I just want to say hi to your friend!"

"I know, but despite her not being antisocial like me she is awkward around people or ponies she likes." I said, hoping she gets the message.

"Oooohhh, I get ya. But didn't they just meet?" She asked, as I let my magic go.

"Yes and no, and by that I mean this is the first time they actually talked. Before you ask, her family goes to Sweet Apple Acres for a reunion and this last one those two were introduced to each other. But they didn't really talk to each other, but once Georgie came back she kept talking about this one particular mare she met." I reply, taking a sip of my drink.

"How long ago did that happen?" The pink mare asked, taking a seat next to me.

"Oh, only about two months ago. I think your friend AJ made a very good impression on Georgie is she still has a crush on her." I answer, giving a little chuckle at the memory.

"Well that certainly sounds like my friends alright!" Pinkie said, giving a giggle.

"Say, could you possibly tell me what her preference is?" I ask, avoiding eye contact as I was a little embarrassed to ask that.

"Don't worry, she swings both ways. Also, I understand that you don't want your friend to get hurt. I bet Applejack already talked to you about me as well?" Pinkie replied.

"She tried, but I already saw it coming. Though for some reason it sounded like she thought we were already together." I replied, giving a little laugh.

"Really? That's sooo funny, could you imagine us together? I mean no offense, but you seem like the kind of guy who likes to stay in the corner silently drinking instead of being apart of the party!" She says, giving a huge giggle that turned into a fit of laughter.

"Hey, I was only like that throughout middle school. Not the drinking part, but staying in the corner. I actually do at least attempt to be apart of the party now." I said, giving a mock expression of offense only making her laugh harder.

"What's so funny over here?" Suddenly both Applejack and Georgie was standing there.

"Oh, I was just telling Pinkie about how I used to be in middle school about parties." I answer, after getting a chance not realizing I was also laughing.

"What do you mean? You're still like that you know." Georgie said, giving him a smirk.

"Hey, I've gotten better since then." I said in my defense.

"Well, we can see about that because all the guest should be arriving in the next ten minuets." Pinkie suddenly said.

"Oh, hey you must be Pinkie, his roommate. I'm Georgie, his one and only friend." Georgie said, extending her hand.

"Well, I wouldn't say his only friend now!" Pinkie said, shaking Georgie's hand to where you could barely see it. "And wow, you have a pretty color of red feathers."

"Thank you," though I don't know whether that was for Pinkie letting go, or for the complement and before another word could be spoken there came a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Pinkie said, somehow doing a back flip off the couch and getting the door.

For the next ten or so minutes, Pinkie stood at the door as knock after knock was heard. Not to long after the party seemed to get into swings, with guess starting to get a good drink. Soon after the last knock was heard, Pinkie finally joined in and started to talk to everyone she could and eventually she managed to tug me aside to introduce me to the rest of her friends.

"Brandon, I like you to meet everypony, everypony this is Brandon my new roomy!" She said with an excitable squee.

"Um, what's up?" I ask, waving my hand awkwardly to the four I hadn't met yet.

"Oh, Pinkie Pie you really need to learn how to give proper introductions. I'm Rarity, it's a pleasure to meet you." A white unicorn said, offering her hoof.

"The pleasure's all mine." I reply, taking her hoof and kissing it as I recognize what kind of mare she is.

"My, what a gentlecolt." Rarity says, giving a light blush.

"Yeah, whatever. The name is Rainbow Dash, and being the fastest and most awesome is my game." A cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail said offering her hoof as well.

"Nice to meet you, though I think I've heard of you before. Aren't you the one who did the Sonic Rainboom?" I ask, while giving her a fist/hoof bump.

"Yup, that was me alright. Like I said, I'm the most awesome you'll come across." She says with a cocky grin.

"Right, and hey nice to see you again Twilight. How long it been? Like two years if I remember!" I ask, taking her into a hug.

"Yeah, but I don't think old friends should be hugging each other like this." The purple alicorn said, making him let go.

"Wait, hold the phone just a minute. You two are old friends? I thought you didn't really have any friends when you came to Ponyville?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, yeah I didn't have many. Brandon was accepted into The School For Gifted Unicorns about the same time I was, and we became friend through studying together." Twilight answered.

"Now hold on darling, I thought you were the only personal student of Celestia's?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, I was but from time to time she would also help him with his studies as well." Twilight replied.

"Um, if I may intrude here but whose the yellow shy one hiding behind you Applejack?" I ask, noticing the last mare.

"Oh, this here is Fluttershy. Sorry if she seems a little shy, but she's not really good at parties with strangers." Applejack answered, and the other mares seemed to stop arguing.

"It's fine, I can completely relate. Especially when I had this dog who only had three legs, poor thing. I was the only one who would take care of it, and because of that everyone made fun of me." I said, remembering the dog fondly but was snapped out when he noticed Fluttershy in front of him.

"You mean that no pony would take him in when he was injured?" She asked, a strange mixture of anger and confidence in her eyes.

"No one besides me, mostly because I love dogs. To see one just abandoned just because it's missing a leg, I find that very cruel." I answer, and with honesty.

"Aww, your so nice! I'm sure he was happy to have a home with such a good person." The yellow mare said, giving him a smile that he could swear could melt the heart of a devil itself.

"Well, what are we waiting for? It's time to bust a move!" Pinkie suddenly said, and pushed all of us onto what I think was the dance floor for this party.

Author's Note:

Well, here ya are the fourth chapter! Now time for a random fact about myself, I was considered legally blind when I was only in second grade.