• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 3,174 Views, 122 Comments

My Little Lantern: Friendship is Colorful - enigmaMystere



A sort of "what if" involving lantern power rings and a few friends.

  • ...
3
 122
 3,174

Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville. The sky was clear, except for a single cloud. It just so happened that, on that cloud, a cyan pegasus was resting, glad she was done for the day. The sleepy pony sighed, turning over to get a bit more comfortable.

Rainbow Dash of Equestria.

Her eyes snapped open in surprise, quickly bolting upright. “Who said that?” She glanced around, bothered that she couldn’t see anypony else. She held her hooves up, ready to fight. “Show yourself!”

You always leap to the challenge, even when there is virtually no chance for you to succeed.

A green ring floated in front of her. She scowled at it, slightly annoyed. “Just what do you mean by that?”

You have the ability to overcome great fear.

She blinked, staring at it for a few moments before grinning widely. “Well, yeah!” She puffed her chest out, then stopped when she realized just how silly she looked talking to a floating, glowing green ring.

She decided that she was dreaming.

Welcome to the Green Lantern Corps.

At this, Rainbow was totally confused. “The what now?” She would have called that proof she was dreaming, but she wasn’t creative enough for something like this.

The ring did nothing but float there in front of her. Rainbow, starting to get bored, shrugged. “Whatever. It looks cool.” She grabbed it with her front right hoof, watching in shock as it's shape changed to fit her foreleg. She silently slid it on, thinking it looked awesome on her, grinning.

Her excited smile quickly turned into a look of panic as what appeared to be green fire started to crawl up her leg. She calmed down as soon as she realized it wasn’t burning her at all. In fact, it left a green-and-black suit in its wake.

As soon as the flame reached her neck, it stopped. Curiosity getting the better of her, she flew to a nearby lake. She quietly admired her reflection, grinning widely. “Oh, yeah. This is going to be sweet!” She giggled, thinking about the last masked hero that was in Ponyville. “The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well has nothing on this!”

She flew into the air, letting out a loud cheer. “This is the best day EVER!”


So this is a fic I wanted to try out. Please let me know what you think!

Enigma out.