• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 3,173 Views, 122 Comments

My Little Lantern: Friendship is Colorful - enigmaMystere



A sort of "what if" involving lantern power rings and a few friends.

  • ...
3
 122
 3,173

Catching the Alien Up

A brown gryphon sits at the center table in the library, his face in his claws. "...so much happened before I even got here." He sits upright, pointing his ring hand at Apple Bloom. "You decided it would be a good idea to put some unknown object on your back." His talon shifts to point at Scootaloo, whose eyes were still glowing white. "Whoever is inside you somehow recreated the Firestorm Matrix." He extends another talon and points at Spike and Rainbow. "There are now two brand new Green Lanterns on this planet." He finally points at Sweetie Belle. "And you were possessed and became one of the Star Sapphires. Anything else I'm missing?"

The baby dragon points at Fluttershy, who is staring at a bee's nest outside.

"Right," Hal grumbles, putting his face in his claws once more. "A brand new light in the emotional spectrum."

"How was I supposed to know the scarab would do that?" The yellow filly grumbles, looking at the blue object over her shoulder.

"Rule of thumb says to be careful with stuff you can't identify." He shoots back.

"Why's it called the Firestorm Matrix? Should we call ourselves Matrix?" Scootaloo speaks up.

"The hero on my world with it calls themselves Firestorm," Jordan points out.

"Well then we should be unique!" She tilts her head slightly. "Nexus? I like that. Let's use it."

"I wasn't planning on being possessed!" The white unicorn finally blurts out, on the verge of tears.

"None of the Star Sapphires do," Hal admits, raising his head to look at her. "It usually happens because of a strong love being broken, or just a powerful heartbreak."

Spike looks at Sweetie, uncertain what to make of this revelation. She glances at him, then away, ashamed of what she did as Star Sapphire.

"Listen, I understand how much all of this must be causing a headache," Rainbow says, laughing softly. "Believe me. But it's something we can all work through together, as friends!"

Celestia, who has been seated next to Hal, smiles warmly at her. "Well said, Rainbow Dash. Friendship is a powerful force."

Jordan looks at her with a raised eyebrow.

She turns her head away, refusing to meet his gaze.

The gryphon sighs and shakes his head. "Alright, so we have some other stuff to go over." He points at Spike once more. "You need training, so we're going to get it for you. You won't be getting the symbol until you finish."

Spike nods. "Makes sense."

Celestia huffs softly. "I still can't believe my son is a Green Lantern," she quietly grumbles.

Before anyone can reply or even start a new subject, a guard bursts through the door of the library, making Scootaloo wince as Twilight throws out protests in their shared mental space. "News from northern Equestria!" He falters, seeing everyone else around the princess. When she nods, he gives a bow. "Your highness. They say that... it has returned."

Celestia softly gasps, though everyone else just looks on in confusion.

Jordan groans, rubbing the bridge of his nose... beak. He grumbles as he forces himself to correct his words, knowing that he has to get used to it while on this planet. "Okay. So what is it?"

Celestia looks around, frowning softly that she has to reveal this to everyone. She breathes softly, relaxing herself. "The Crystal Empire." She looks to the guard. "Send Shining Armor and Princess Cadance up to greet them, and protect them until they are ready to return to our world."

He salutes and rushes back out the door, leaving everyone to stare at the solar diarch. "What would you like us to do, Princess?" Rainbow asks, giving a smart salute and mildly impressing Hal.

She grimaces, looking upon each and every one of her subjects before her, silently weighing how much she should tell them. Eventually, she sighs, inclining her head towards them. "We shall discuss it on the way."

Author's Note:

Trying to get back into writing, started with this story since I wanted to continue this one for the longest time, and it was one I was mostly writing by myself. Also because the chapters tend to be short, so I don't have to force myself to write an essay through whatever block I have.

That said, if I could get help with everything about this story - details, lore, stuff like that - then I would greatly appreciate it. I would also greatly appreciate help with my other stories, as I have limited days off, limited drive, but a desire to see as many of these stories continued as possible.

Oh, and also chapter titles. Those would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, and have a nice day! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 3 )

Did this story get possessed by a Black Lantern Ring? Because IT LIVES!

Keep going! I LOVE IT!!!

Login or register to comment