• Published 25th Mar 2012
  • 3,174 Views, 122 Comments

My Little Lantern: Friendship is Colorful - enigmaMystere



A sort of "what if" involving lantern power rings and a few friends.

  • ...
3
 122
 3,174

Chapter 12

Canterlot

Shining Armor patroled the halls of the castle, frowning a bit as he notices some of the guards eating a cake off in a room to the side. If he was still captain, he'd have instituted a new protocol that food was only to be eaten when out of uniform. He paused, tapping his chin thoughtfully. "...actually, maybe I can suggest that to the new captain. Who is that, anyways?"

"That would be Aegis Shield."

The unicorn nearly jumped out of his fur, quickly turning to look at the source of the voice. He sighed in relief, placing a hoof on his chest. "Don't startle me like that!"

The orange pony saluted, keeping a straight face like all of the guard are taught to do while in armor. "My apologies, Your Highness. You asked, and I answered."

"Yes, but you didn't need to scare me." He huffed sharply out his nostrils, then turned to leave. "Also, get your armor looked at. Your enchantment is wearing off."

"Of course, sir."

The white stallion spared a glance back at the guard, an ear twitching slightly as he tried to recall his name. Crash Entry? Bashin' Tree? He wasn't sure. What he did remember was that he saw him patrolling around Twilight's library when she was here in Canterlot.

"Eh, it doesn't matter." He glanced around furtively. "Now where did she ask me to meet her for our fun, again?"


En Route to Planet Equus

"We should be getting close to their home planet, now."

Hal nodded as Aya confirmed this, looking at Rainbow and the two green lanterns on her back. "You hold tight to those now. I don't think they're easily broken, but I can assure you don't want that to happen."

"Yeah, sure." She huffs, glancing back at them, her feathers twitching around them. "Couldn't I use my rings for this? Or Princess Celestia use her magic?"

"...you know, you could've brought that up sooner."


Ponyville

"Okay, so, let me get this straight." Scootaloo started, rubbing the side of her head in confusion as she stares at the filly across from her. "You put something unknown on your back... after seeing Sweetie get taken over by a rock?"

"T' be fair," Apple Bloom replied, giving a sheepish grin, "Ah don't have many options, an' it went through her chest."

So you thought it was safe to touch? You could've done tests! Made some observations! DONE SOMETHING!

The farm pony blinked, tilting her head to one side. "Scoots? Why're ya wincing like that?"

The pegasus just stared at her like she'd gone insane. "Because Twilight's so loud! Seriously, how aren't you at least flinching from her volume?"

She opened her mouth to respond, stops, and taps her chin, looking around the room for a moment. When she finally gets the guts to speak up, she says, "...because Twi's not here?"

Of course I am! How dare you tell me I'm not here!

Scootaloo blinks, bringing up a hoof and smacking it against the side of her head.

Stop hitting me!

The filly pales, an eye twitching slightly as she stares at her friend. "...I think I'm going insane. I'm hearing Twilight's voice in my head."

Apple Bloom stays silent for a moment, frowning as she considers this. A series of beeps comes from behind her and she shakes her head. "No, I don't think she's crazy."

Her friend just groans, pressing her face into her hooves. "...oh. Great, we're both crazy, and one of us is a robot."

I don't think that's the case. Scootaloo jumps once more, standing up and looking around. I think that beetle... is... why am I moving? Who's making me move?

The orange pony blinks, then stares straight ahead with her blank eyes. "...oh come on. Why am I suddenly possessed by Twilight?"

You're not possessed. A book pops into existence beside them. I can summon items! A ghost can't do that!

"...can ghosts do that?" Her muzzle scrunches up a bit. "I don't really know." She quickly shakes her head, groaning quietly. "Enough of this! We have to go save Sweetie!"

Save her? What happened?

She just gives a long-suffering sigh, rolling her blank eyes as best she can and walking away. "We'll explain on the way there."

"Th' way where?" Apple Bloom jumps up at this. "Hey, Scoots! Don' jus' ignore me!" A few beeps come from her back. "Yeah, what he said! It's rude!"

Author's Note:

There we go, another chapter. Here's to hoping I can keep making more, and that I can write for my other stories, too! :derpytongue2: