• Published 22nd Feb 2014
  • 2,359 Views, 68 Comments

A New Stallion - Ephraim Blue



The Doctor is confused. He was just having a lovely time in his TARDIS, when all of the sudden, he regenerates when the old box transports itself to a mysterious land called Equestria.

  • ...
6
 68
 2,359

Chapter 3 - To Kill a Time Lord

Chapter 3 - To Kill a Time Lord

Ponyville August 10th 1001

Ponyville is a great place to have fun. You can get apples from Sweet Apple Acres, sleep in a bed, or even watch a Dalek rampage through town.

Good times, good times.

Wait, what was that last one again?

Yes the night was peaceful, and ponies were headed to bed. All but one, did so.

Carrot Top was trotting through the town. She needed to get away from her family on the carrot farm every once in a while. The town was really quiet at night. She needed it to be quiet. Her family was loud.

It was so quiet, that Carrot Top could hear sounds of something coming out of the Everfree Forest. Its probably just that stallion they call Blue, she thought to herself. He's always going in there, despite everypony's warnings to stay away. She had also seen him enter the forest earlier, and hadn't returned yet.

She went to the edge of the forest to scold him for going in there again. "You know what everypony says Blue, You shouldn't go into the..." She stopped when she saw that it wasn't a pony at all. "What in the name of Celestia is that?!"

The giant metal beast continued toward her. "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" it shouted. Without a second thought after that, she ran.

She didn't care if her family was loud, she wanted to get away from that thing!

The Big Blue Box August 10th 1001

"Um, what's a Dalek?" Blue asked The Doctor. "And you still never told me your name. What is it?"

"A Dalek," he started, "is a big, ugly metal robot that will kill anything without a second thought. They have no mercy. And no matter what I do, they always survive while everyone around me dies! Oh, and before I forget: Hello! I'm The Doctor."

"Doctor? What kind of name is The Doctor?"

"I don't know, what kind of a name is Blue?"

"Can you two knock it off?" Twilight asked. "Doctor, you seem to know the most about these Daleks. Can you tell us what we can use to get rid of it?"

"No time!" he replied as he started running past them, but almost immediately stopped. "That's a first, anyway. We need to find out where the closest town is. We need as many people- I mean ponies, to be safe. Now where did you see the Dalek?"

"Not to far into the Everfree Forest," Blue replied. "The edge of the woods isn't to far from a town called Ponyville over the hill there."

The Doctor froze. "Not much time at all! No time to lose!" He bolted toward the hill, only to stumble halfway there. "How in the world do you run with these hooves?" he asked himself.

After helping The Doctor with running(though why he needed help was a complete mystery to them all), they ran toward the town of Ponyville.

Ponyville August 10th 1001

Carrot Top ran from the beast as fast as she could, turned, and saw that the creature was still following her. "EXTERMINATE!" was all it ever seemed to yell.

When she ran through Ponyville, the creature stopped following her. A strange brown stallion was talking to it. Why this was, she didn't know, but she was still scared that the creature would hurt others, so she ran to house after house. Yelling to them: "If you see a giant metal beast come through here, HIDE!"

She was just about to head to another house, when she saw a bright yellow light fill the sky, knocking her unconscious.

Edge of Ponyville August 10th 1001

The Doctor was relieved to see that the Dalek hadn't reached the town yet.

He walked right behind it and yelled, "DALEK!"

The metal beast stopped and turned to look at the stallion. "WHO ARE YOU? EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!"

"You know who I am, you always know! Don't you Dalek?"

Twilight could only stare in bewilderment when she saw the Dalek. It was just as The Doctor had described it, except for how scary it looked.

The Doctor had told all of them: "Avoid being seen by the Dalek. He will kill you with one of its little rods it has. If the beam from the rod touches you, you will die instantly."

The words lingered in the back of their minds as the Dalek scanned The Doctor.

"YOU ARE THE DOCTOR! THE DALEKS MOST FEARED ENEMY! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

"Yes, yes, you're right its me. The Oncoming Storm, the Terror of the Daleks." He then stared at it with a very serious face. "The killer of your entire species!"

Twilight gasped, and so did some of her friends around her. She couldn't believe her ears. Had the Doctor really killed all of the Daleks? But then, why was this one here?

"No matter how many times I kill you, your race always survives!" The Doctor yelled at the Dalek. "So tell me, how did you end up on this planet?"

"I DO NOT ANSWER TO YOU!" it replied. "YOU ARE THE DOCTOR! US DALEKS WILL NEVER ANSWER TO YOU! YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED!"

"What do you mean 'us'?" the Doctor asked. "You're all alone on an alien world, and you expect me to be exterminated?" He laughed. "Tell you what, Dalek. If you answer my questions, I'll let you have a better chance at killing me!"

Twilight and her friends gasped. The Dalek had paused its talking for some time, but still continued. "THERE WAS A RIP IN THE FABRIC OF SPACE! I FELL THROUGH!"

The Doctor paused for a moment. "So," he continued. "Falling through a rip in space led you to kill everypony in sight?"

"YOU ARE WRONG, DOCTOR! THE PONIES WILL DIE FOR NOT COOPERATING WITH THE DALEKS!"

"But I'm right here! And you know that if I'm here, I will stop you."

"THAT MAY BE TRUE, BUT IF I KILL YOU FIRST, THE DALEKS WILL NOT FAIL!"

"Then shoot me!"

Twilight's mind went blank. He was asking for the Dalek to shoot him?

"If I'm so dangerous to your plan, then shoot me now! I'm old, tired, and don't want to have to deal with the Daleks anymore, so for God's sake. SHOOT ME NOW!"

Those were the last words he spoke before the Dalek shot him.

"THE DOCTOR IS DEAD! THE DALEKS WILL NEVER LOSE AGAIN!"

Twilight stared in shock. She had never seen a pony die before.

"What in the name of Celestia just happened?" asked Rainbow Dash. "Why would he ask for the Dalek to shoot him?"

"I- I don't know," replied Twilight.

All the ponies there began to sob silently. The Dalek was too busy cheering for itself to notice the brown stallion getting up.

Twilight and the others stopped sobbing when they saw The Doctor get up. "What?" Rainbow Dash asked silently. "Didn't The Doctor say that the ray from the Dalek will kill you instantly if it touched you?"

The Dalek stopped cheering when it saw that The Doctor had gotten up. "WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!"

"Well that was fun," The Doctor said. "It will take a lot more than that to kill me, and you know why Dalek? Rule Number 1 for all enemies of The Doctor: Never shoot a Time Lord when they are still in the first 15 stages of their regeneration process."

Twilight watched in awe, as The Doctor started to glow a benevolent golden light. Her instincts then told her to get out of the way, as the Golden light from The Doctor exploded into the sky.